VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Please save any personal content and exchange contact info with other members you’d like to stay in touch with. Thank you for your contributions to the VirtualTourist community.

Travel Answers
Kedarnath

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Man vs Wild - Munnar edition ;)

Munnar Jan 15, 2017 at 4:31 PM

Hi, i want to go jungle treking on a long multiple day camping trip; around, to, or from Munnar.
      I want to do this alone.
      Do you guys know, any routes, source of information, tips....?

Thank youuuu

more
    • Cell phone.

Mumbai Jan 9, 2017 at 7:01 PM

I happened to have a Samsung Galaxy S3 cell phone (USA) that I plan to travel to India with. I have heard that the frequencies used by Indian carriers for GSM-2, 3 may be different from the ones supported by Samsung S3.
      Would there be someone who is using a Samsung Galaxy S3 cell phone in India and knows that it works. Thanks.

John.
      Samsung S3 Specs. :
      gsmchoice.com/en/catalogue/s...

more
    • ShaktiGal's Profile Photo

Macleod Ganj with Kids June toAug Budget hotel & Packing tips?

Dharamsala Dec 31, 2016 at 6:04 AM

I am travelling to Dharamsala in June with my two boys (9&11) and my older mom. We are staying for 3 months while I study in Bhagsu, but feel the boys and my mother may enjoy being closer to Macleod Ganj.

Any budget hotel suggestions that are kid friendly? Bhagsu vs. Macleod Gang?
      Packing suggestions for Monsoon season?
      Interesting places to volunteer/courses etc that would make this place fun for a 9 & 11 year old?

Thanks so much for any and all suggestions.
      Bobby

more
    • Query about Delhi-Manali.

Manali Dec 26, 2016 at 11:54 PM

I'm travelling to Manali for new year and I have a few questions I want answered asap.

1. I'm travelling with the HPTDC VOLVO AC bus which leaves from Himachal Bhawan in New Delhi in the evening. Is the bus good? And is the route safe to travel at night since it's a lot of fog in Delhi this year?
      2. I'll reach Delhi in the afternoon and since I have ample of time till evening, is there some place near Himachal Bhawan or in Connaught Place where I can store my luggage safely and explore Connuaght Place?

Awaiting early response.
      Thanks

more
    • Getting a sim card for a cell phone.

Mumbai Jan 6, 2017 at 8:26 AM

I am wondering how easy/difficult would it be to get a sim card, perhaps at the Mumbai airport itself. I have all the necessary id's such as my North American passport, Driver's license, Credit card. Having access to a phone would be a definite asset. Any information in this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

John.

more
    • Availability of Indian currency.

Mumbai Jan 4, 2017 at 6:22 PM

I plan to visit India for a three week period. I realize there is a currency crunch at this time (Jan. 4th 2017 today) in India. I am wondering if ATM machines in Mumbai have started dispensing out the cash? I have a couple of USA credit cards and a US Bank ATM card. Will it be a grim situation for me? I also have a couple of hundred US Dollars in cash with me. Any suggestion (short of don't come) would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

John.

more
    • Gangtok Itineraries

Gangtok Jan 1, 2017 at 8:31 AM

I am planning a 1 week trip to gangtok. Need a 6 days Itineraries of gangtok ASAP. Thank you.

more
    • Best Airlines

India Jan 2, 2017 at 9:49 PM

Which Domestic Airlines is Best in South India?

more
    • tcheuki's Profile Photo

Current position re domenyterisation

India Dec 29, 2016 at 11:36 PM

Hi travelling to Mumbai next week and have been looking at news articles regarding money shortages after withdrawal of larger notes. Kind of getting a mixed picture. What is actually happening? Is cash available at ATMs? Would I be able to get money at the airport? I have been to India a lot and understand that cash is still the main way to pay for goods and services, so therefore feeling a bit concerned. Any help/tips appreciated.

Regards.

Martin.

more
    • Christ University, Bangalore -- so what's it really like?

Bangalore Dec 25, 2016 at 1:27 PM

Is there anyone out there among our VT people who have had any experience with Christ University in Bangalore?
      I'm mainly trying to get general information about what it is like both as an academic institution -- level of teaching, students -- and as a social atmosphere. Plus the quality of the actual, physical lay out.

Ask because I've had no experience with higher education in India and have the opportunity to link with a variety of universities (in areas of the social sciences, business, humanities, languages) -- and Christ University, Bangalore, is one of them. But is it a good choice?

If you know the place and feel like answering -- please be frank! Much appreciated.

Thank you. - Eurycleia

more