Kawah Ijen

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Private Driver wanted

Surabaya Nov 29, 2016 at 10:45 AM

Coming to Surabaya 12/7 to 12/20 to visit friends, have a rental car, looking for a good driver for intermittent driving, inside and outside of the city, male or female no preference as long as a good driver

more
    • Ijen with kids (7 & 9 years old)

by RogerQ7 Online Now Apr 28, 2016 at 2:24 PM

Hi all,

Coming summer we will visit Ijen Crater. We're traveling with our two young daughters (physically in good shape / they did some 1 day jungle trekkings with us last summer in Thailand). We will be staying 2 night at Ijen Resort & Villas. I do have some questions which you might probably be able to answer for me.

1. We won't make the blue flame tour during the night (don't want to skip a night sleep for the kids).Is the sunrise at Ijen Crater really a must see? Because than still we do need to wake up around 3.30 / 4.00 am in the morning). Obviously I understand the sunrise is really beautiful but just wondering whether it's really a must see since we most probably will do the sunrise tour at Bromo as well.

2. Is it feasible for the kids to go into the Crater itself as well / so do the downhill of 20 minutes (they will be able to make the climb of 1.5 hours)? Obviously we will wear a mask to prevent ourselves from the toxic gasses.

3. Where can we rent the masks? I read you can rent them from the miners everywhere. Can they also be carried by kids?

4. Do the miners also work during the day? Although I really regret the conditions they need to work in I really would like to see them and experience the devilish environment they are in.

So all in all my main question is whether we really need to be there at the top at 5.30 am or is the Ijen Crater excursion also interesting enough to do during daytime?

Thanks for your replies.

Regards,

Roger

7 Answers May 3, 2016 at 12:12 AM
    • tkisiel's Profile Photo

Drive/Parking near the Kawah Ijen ?

by tkisiel Online Now Oct 18, 2014 at 8:31 AM

Hello,
      I'm going to visit the plase next weekend. My plan is to rent a car and drive from Surabaya but I can't find anywhere where should I destiny. The PHKA (Forest Protection and Nature Conservation) post at Paltuding is suppose to be closest place from wher hiking is required but where is it exactly and am I allowed to drive/park there with private car?

4 Answers Dec 5, 2014 at 7:10 AM
    • indyblu's Profile Photo

whats the best route to get here?

by indyblu Online Now Aug 1, 2013 at 3:07 PM

we're flying to jakarta.. aiming to take a train to yogyakarta or surbaya... we want to hike mt Bromo and we want to come to Ijen... any suggestions?

we also want to check out the Hot River of Kelud volcano... any thoughts??

thank you :)

3 Answers Aug 5, 2013 at 10:50 AM
    • SeLLDoGeYe's Profile Photo

Where is Ijen?

by SeLLDoGeYe Online Now Jul 13, 2008 at 6:52 AM

Hi,

Where is Ijen? Nearer to Surabaya or Bali?

Thanks!

2 Answers Dec 9, 2009 at 8:55 PM