VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Please save any personal content and exchange contact info with other members you’d like to stay in touch with. Thank you for your contributions to the VirtualTourist community.

Travel Answers
Kawaguchi-ko

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Kobe port terminal to Kansai International

Kobe Jan 26, 2017 at 11:56 PM

Hi Arriving at the port terminal on a Seabourne cruise ship on the 5th April at 08.00 and need transport to Kansai International Airport to catch a flight to Hong Kong. Our flight options are 10.40, 17.55. What is the best method of travel and how long does it take.
      regards
      Ian
      Australia

more
    • tenluk's Profile Photo

Kawaguchiko VS Hakone

by tenluk Online Now Aug 15, 2014 at 8:12 PM

this is an old question that usually appear from somebody would like to see the Mt. Fuji.
      Need some info from VT members, I will be there on earlier of October this year.
      1. Kawaguchiko or Hakone for enjoying the Mt Fuji scenery
      2. any recommended budget hotel? Is it pretty good to stay overnight at hotel nearby the train station or near the lake Kawaguchiko or the if Hakone the hot spring
      3. what should we do for nightlife if we stay at Kawaguchiko or if we stay at Hakone.
      VT member experience info could be appreciated.
      Thanks

1 Answer Aug 16, 2014 at 10:04 AM
    • maverick-mw's Profile Photo

Kawaguchi-ko Hostel

by maverick-mw Online Now Apr 29, 2004 at 4:59 AM

Hi there. I am hoping to stay in the hostel in Kawaguchi-ko in order to climb Mt Fuji. I have heard that hostels in Japan are "different" than they are here in England and elsewhere. Certainly more insitutional I hear, with check-out times a curfews etc. I was wondering if anyone has stayed in this hostel? Specifically, I will be staying here for several days, and need to know if baggage storage is available (not really wanting to drag everything up there...) in the hostel during the daytime? The hostel website only has a phone number, not a website. Thanks. Martin

2 Answers May 5, 2004 at 12:48 PM