change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• October 14-22

Oahu Sep 29, 2016 at 1:32 AM

Hello :D

I am planning to rent a car and go around Oahu! If anyone is around and would like to join and divide the cost, let me know! I am also down for sharing accommodations as well. :]

• October 14-22

Oahu Sep 29, 2016 at 1:32 AM

Hello :D

I am planning to rent a car and go around Oahu! If anyone is around and would like to join and divide the cost, let me know! I am also down for sharing accommodations as well. :]

Popular Kauai Travel Answer Locations

• campingqueen's Profile Photo

Best Camping in Kauai

Kauai Sep 5, 2016 at 11:43 AM

Husband and I want to do 4 nights in Kauai, then head to Maui. It will be around Christmas, probably December 25 to December 30 in Kaui, then December 30-January 4 in Maui. We want to tent camp to save money, and spend what we save on a rental car, but I'm open for suggestions for cheap cabin accommodations. I've been researching the cabins at Koke'e State Park, Tent Camping at Camp Sloggett (they have a hot shower, which I found appealing, but there are some mixed reviews). Any suggestions for beach camping? Since we have a car should we stay on the beach instead as it will be warmer? We love hiking, which is why I was thinking Koke'e, but I also want to explore some cute towns and enjoy the beaches. Never been to Hawaii, but we are from Alaska so roughing it is not a problem for us, lol!

• Gyms/health clubs in Princeville

Kauai Aug 7, 2016 at 7:36 PM

Maybe I'm being a bit optimistic, but I plan on going to the gym during my Kauai vacation. Will be staying in a condo in Princeville. A google search turns up gyms in Kapaa, but none in Princeville. The nearby hotels require the purchase of a day pass to use their gyms, but it isn't worth the money ($50 - $250/day) considering all I want to do is use the gym. Does anyone know of any gyms in Princeville/Hanalei? Thank you!

• Best area in Kauai to visit!

Kauai Jan 22, 2016 at 7:07 AM

Two senior citizens traveling in June- which shore is best to visit? We have 6 days or should we visit both?
      Thank you!

3 Answers Jan 22, 2016 at 1:16 PM
    • crewrower's Profile Photo

Ideas for 1/2 day activities for 2 adults (in our 30s)

Kauai Dec 23, 2015 at 12:34 AM

We (parents of 2 young children) have one week in Kauai (Dec 29-Jan 5). I'm looking for some half day activities for my wife and I to enjoy while we leave the kids at the hotel with a babysitter. I'm thinking of the following - but would like suggestions for other things:

Dec 30: hike Kalalau Trail for the 2 miles to Hanakapi'ai Beach (only). Note my wife is adverse to heavy sun exposure. Is this hike a bad idea on that account?

Jan 1: 60 minute helicopter tour

Jan 3: Kipu Ranch ATV tour

The other days would be spent with the kids and/or be rain dates!

9 Answers Dec 29, 2015 at 11:15 AM
    • Which area to stay at Kauai?

Kauai Jul 25, 2015 at 6:30 PM

It's my first time visiting Kauai, want to get suggestion of area to stay. Looking for some places that is safe, has nice beach to relax and ideally has night life. Any suggestions are appreciated.

5 Answers Jul 31, 2015 at 6:32 PM
    • Mountain Tubimg

Kauai Jul 5, 2015 at 8:50 AM

Would you recommend mountain tubing? Is there a particular tour company you would suggest and or can you just go there on your own and pay? Are there any discounts available?

Thank you,

3 Answers Jul 6, 2015 at 1:32 AM
    • safety in kauai

Kauai Mar 30, 2015 at 10:05 AM

is it safe for a single woman in 30s to travel alone to Kauai?

3 Answers Apr 3, 2015 at 12:50 PM
    • Shore fishing Brenneckes Beach?

Kauai Jan 11, 2015 at 4:21 PM

Staying in the Brenneckes Beach area in mid march. Wondered if it was worthwhile taking a small travel rod along to maybe cast some small spoons or jigs along the rocky shore areas. Appreciate any input you may have to offer.

1 Answer Jan 11, 2015 at 5:31 PM
    • Snorkleing South Shore?

Kauai Jan 11, 2015 at 4:16 PM

Staying at Brenneckes Beach area in mid March. Grandkids want to snorkle. Is there any good places near that beach to snorkle directly from the beach?
      Thanks for any input.

1 Answer Jan 11, 2015 at 5:45 PM
    • Luau near Poipu

Kauai Jan 11, 2015 at 7:02 AM

Be there in mid march and interested in recommendations for a good luau.

Appreciate input.

2 Answers Jan 11, 2015 at 12:08 PM
    • West Coast boat tour

Kauai Jan 11, 2015 at 6:58 AM

Will be staying on south shore mid March and was wondering about boat tours/snorkeling along west coast. Going with wife and daughter's family. Grandsons are 12 & 14.
      Heard stories of rough seas that time of year and just wondering if these long boat rides are a smart thing to do not knowing if any of them are succeptable to motion sickness.
      Would appreciate input from anyone that may know about these tours in mid March.

3 Answers Jan 11, 2015 at 12:39 PM
    • ohsouthlondon's Profile Photo

Budget for one month...

Kauai Oct 26, 2014 at 1:29 PM

How much should I budget for a one month stay? (not including acommodation).

There will be two of us and we will be dining out some of the time, but will be just as happy to buy in food and cook 'at home'. Activity-wise, we'll be doing a lot of hiking etc and a little souvenir hunting.

I realise this is a fairly open question, but what i'm after is a 'You won't die of starvation if you bring this much' type answer to use as a jumping off figure.

Thanks in advance for what I'm sure will be perfectly helpful answers!

9 Answers Oct 27, 2014 at 10:57 AM
    • Remote2013's Profile Photo

Beach access

Kauai Oct 21, 2014 at 7:12 AM

We are taking our 2 adult children, their spouses and 2 grandchildren to Kauai during spring break in 2015 (Late March - early Apr). Beach time, snorkeling and maybe a scuba experience and whale watching top our planning list. I see a few comments on Marriott Kauai Resort & Beach and we have some travel points that we could apply to this location. I am interested in comments on villas or condos in lieu of standard hotel type accommodations. We will fly to Honolulu first to tour Pearl Harbor before going to Kauai. I was in Kauai about 25 years ago - so expect it to be quite different today... but primarily looking to enjoy easy access to the water. Thanks for letting me know your thoughts on places and the folks in the area.

1 Answer Oct 21, 2014 at 3:41 PM
    • ohsouthlondon's Profile Photo

Wild Camping

Kauai Oct 13, 2014 at 2:51 PM

Is wild camping legal on the island? I'm more than happy to pay any fees for the priviledge, and hopefully there's a setup whereby said fees are put into the upkeep of the areas or the local communities. I'll be going next year for my honeymoon and the plan is to do 10 days wild (because i'm a massive Jurassic Park fan!), 10 days in a villa or the like.

Any help or advice would be very much appreciated.

4 Answers Oct 14, 2014 at 11:12 AM
    • Luggage/Valuables Storage Suggestion

Kauai Sep 22, 2014 at 9:50 AM

Planning to camp, but hoping not to keep all my valuables in my car at all times. Anyone know of a place offering storage or the like?

4 Answers Sep 22, 2014 at 12:43 PM
    • Camping Safety

Kauai Sep 22, 2014 at 9:48 AM

I've heard that it's not terribly safe to camp as a tourist in Kauai. Some of what I read mentioned hostilities by locals toward mainlanders. Besides the obvious risk of car theft, what is the current safety situation like in Kauai campsites? Can you recommend some of the safest spots for a street-smart lady camping solo?

3 Answers Dec 12, 2014 at 3:25 AM
    • Best Happy Hours

Kauai Sep 8, 2014 at 6:02 PM

Where are the best Happy Hours in the Princeville area?

2 Answers Sep 8, 2014 at 10:24 PM
    • The number one thing to do in Kauai

Kauai Aug 30, 2014 at 3:18 PM

If you could only do one thing in Kauai what would it be?

10 Answers Sep 9, 2014 at 5:35 PM
    • What is the weather like in October?

Kauai Aug 20, 2014 at 5:55 AM

I keep reading about summer vs winter weather. Sounds like winter has more rain. Husband and I are going this October. What should we know? We like to snorkel, so hoping the weather is nice. We will be on the south.

5 Answers Aug 21, 2014 at 10:51 AM
    • We are getting off of the Pride of America

Kauai Aug 13, 2014 at 12:50 PM

Is there public transportation close to the port?

3 Answers Aug 13, 2014 at 7:21 PM
    • Hurricane Iselle

Kauai Aug 9, 2014 at 8:59 AM

Got a friend staying at Hyatt Kauai - can someone urgently please give me an up-date as to what the current situation is. Also they are moving to The Big Island Kohala Coast - again can someone please urgently up-date me with the current situation

Many thanks and hoping someone can put my mind at rest

2 Answers Aug 9, 2014 at 10:03 AM
    • looking for a great place for dinner in Poipu area

Kauai Jun 25, 2014 at 1:35 AM

Hi! Our family will be going to Kauai this Saturday and I'm looking for a place to go have a nice dinner on Sunday night. We are staying in Poipu. We are 4 adults and two recent high school graduates (17&18), so places geared toward families with young kids are not preferred (not on vacation, sorry!). We already have the luau experience scheduled for Monday; just looking for suggestions on a casual BUT memorable place to go that's not going to break the bank either. We are open to mostly all types of cuisine. Some place to also celebrate Mom's birthday (67)?

5 Answers Jun 26, 2014 at 9:17 AM
    • Kauai Suggestions

Kauai Mar 31, 2014 at 12:09 PM

We are going to Kauai in a few weeks. Ideally we would like to stay in a laid back place with a pool on a sandy beach, with surfing nearby. Any suggestions?

5 Answers Apr 12, 2014 at 2:47 AM
    • dnwitte's Profile Photo

Life on Kauai

Kapaa Jan 22, 2014 at 3:20 PM

So, there's a very rare job opening in my profession in a place called Kapa'a. I know nothing about life in a small town in Hawai'i. Anybody care to fill me in on the culture and quality of life in Kapa'a?
      I just reached the end of my tether with winter in New England.

Thanks in advance.

33 Answers Jan 27, 2014 at 6:05 PM
    • sorry about earlier typo

Hanalei Jan 7, 2014 at 5:50 PM

sorry about the typo the store I am trying to find is next to havaiki. that I am trying to find. its on the same side of the street as the store havaiki

3 Answers Jan 7, 2014 at 8:28 PM
    • trying to find a shop

Hanalei Jan 7, 2014 at 5:45 PM

what is the name of a store havaiki. It sells mostly womens clothes and feels like a cabin.

• Place to stay in Hanalei off the beaten path.

Hanalei Dec 7, 2013 at 4:41 AM

Looking for a place to stay (family of 2 adults, 3 kids under 13) near Hanalei, Kauai. We are from a farm in Kansas. Love to hike, swim, snorkel.........rather than shop hang around crowds.

2 Answers Dec 7, 2013 at 9:31 AM
    • North Shore Gym, Running Group, etc

Kauai Nov 3, 2013 at 7:49 PM

Where is best locals place to work out on North Shore Kilauea area? Any organized running group in the area?

1 Answer Nov 6, 2013 at 11:19 AM
    • Stanway's Profile Photo

Kauai recommendations?

Kauai Oct 27, 2013 at 10:01 AM

Going to Kauai for 4 days so will probably only stay at one location. What section of the island should we stay? What are your top three places to visit?

3 Answers Oct 30, 2013 at 8:29 AM
    • Wedding gift

Haena Sep 18, 2013 at 8:20 PM

I am looking for gift ideas for a young couple on their honeymoon? They will stay at Kepuhi Beach in front of Haena Cottage. Maybe gift certificates for a favorite place, local tours or activities, restaurants... They will be there at the end of October. Thanks.

3 Answers Sep 19, 2013 at 1:23 PM