VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Please save any personal content and exchange contact info with other members you’d like to stay in touch with. Thank you for your contributions to the VirtualTourist community.

Travel Answers
Karakol

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Chyan's Profile Photo

Flying from Urumqi to Bishkek

Bishkek Jan 2, 2017 at 2:20 PM

May i know whether Pegasus Asia still flies from Urumqi to Bishkek? Does Air Kyrgyzstan also fly from Urumqi to Bishkek? On which English web-site can i book a return ticket of Air Kyrgyzstan to Bishkek? Is it cheap?

more
    • Chyan's Profile Photo

How to contact Air Kyrgyzstan in English? Is Bishkek English-speaking?

Bishkek Jan 8, 2017 at 3:27 AM

I want to know how to contact Air Kyrgyzstan in English as its web-site is not in English. Does this airline respond to international enquiries on its services? Although i have its email address air@air.kg i am not sure whether they will respond to my enquiry. Also does it have a branch office in Urumqi?

Is Bishkek an English-speaking city? How to seek direction to Air Kyrgyzstan's Head Office in Bishkek if i decided to make a debut trip to Bishkek via Urumqi?

more

Near Karakol

• Lazy (novice) hike Partner around Karakol area- in JUNE

by bangkokjim Online Now Apr 15, 2008 at 1:39 AM

HI!
      I am planning a trip through Asia and Kyrgyz is on my list. I will have only around 4 or 5 days here. ( tight schedule)
      Looking for some fun novice walking partners for a lazy walk around Karakol area, stay in a fun yurt or one of those fun lodges, a visit to the sanatorium and soak in the thermal waters, Holy Trinity Cathedral, campfire, etc.

Is it possible to get a KYRGYZ tourist visa at the airport on arrival? How much is this visa? I accept any good advice from you!

1 Answer May 27, 2008 at 12:34 PM
    • Planning to go to Karakol, what should should i be aware of ?

by Adreshev Online Now Jan 29, 2008 at 8:24 AM

I am planning to spend 2 months in karakol this summer...but i after some scary reviews over there...i feel like i am visiting hell..and not a tourist destination..i prefer night life..but i can go to discos now fearing that i ll get beaten up.

1 Answer May 30, 2008 at 8:37 AM