change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Oldies' / sixties music for dancing - club

Lausanne 12 hours ago

Hello,

Is there any place around which you can dance with music of the sixties / oldies?

thanks,

Avi

more
    • Planning BERN

Bern Jul 21, 2016 at 4:31 AM

Greetings . We are family of 5 (3 teen age children and 2 adults), looking to visit Switzerland. Pressed on time, do you think one a half day is sufficient to see the highlights of Bern? We have the following plan in place. 1. How doable is this plan? 2. Anything worthy missing? 3. Do you suggest to take something out? 4.Should we factor in any cost for the below suggestions? PLAN: Most scenic WALKS: a. along the banks of the Aare through the English gardens b. Popular Streets: Spitalgasse, Marktgasse, Kramgasse, Gerechtikkeitsgasse c. Major Square: Theatreplatz, Kornhausplatz, Ogre Fountain , Rathausplatz d. Major Bridge: Kirchenfeldbrucke, Kornhausbrucke, Lorainebrucke e. Most panoramic attraction atop Mount Gurten. f. Most obvious place to start walk: from Bahnhofplatz, down the Spitalgasse, under the prison tower, into the Marketgasse, and then on by way of the clock tower and the Kramgasse. From the end of the street, by the Nydeggbrucke (bridge, which gives a really good view down on to the roofs of the old town) either go over the bridge to the bear pit, or turn back through the Junkerngasse, turn let and come back via Rathausgasse. g. Rosengarten

more
    • Planning Interlaken

Switzerland Jul 21, 2016 at 5:10 AM

Greetings . We are family of 5 (3 teen age children and 2 adults), looking to visit Switzerland.

I have set aside 4.5 days inclusive of checkin and checkout. Is it more then sufficient or just enough for the following plan?

PLAN:

1. Up and down to the Brienzer Rothorn by steam train (is this a day long trip, and what is the associated cost?)
      2. Take cabin ride from Grindelwald to Mannlichen and walk to Kleine Scheideck (is this a day long trip, and what is the associated cost?)
      3. Murren-Allmendhubel cableway. Depart from Northwestern edge of Murren. At the destination enjoy the panoramic view of lauterbrunnen.
      4. Wengen: Trummelbach Falls.
      5. Baregg-stieregg walk: highly recommended. 1 hour walk but set aside 1 day

a. How doable is this plan?
      b. Anything worthy missing?
      c. Do you suggest to take something out, if it's less attractive or similar to an existing attraction?
      d. What costs should we factor in for the above suggestions?
      e. For each listed attraction, is it a day long activity or less?

Thanks

more
    • Transportation from the Airport Train Station to the Hotel Rotary Geneva

Geneva Jul 14, 2016 at 12:26 PM

We arrive at the train station from Basel on August 17th around noon with luggage. I'm thinking the best way to get to Hotel Rotary on Rue Du Cendrier is by taxi. Does anyone know the approximate cost of the taxi trip or have a better idea for transport?

more
    • Car Rental vs Public Transportation

Switzerland Jul 21, 2016 at 5:17 AM

Greetings

Is renting car for 6-7 days more economical than public transpo, taking into account we are a family of 5, and will start our trip from Zurich airport and go straight to Bern, followed by Interlaken, Lucerne and back in Zurich (to catch the flight out)?

If renting car is advisable, what is a good choice (value for money)?

Thanks

more
    • AhmWageh's Profile Photo

Euro Trip (Munich-Slovenia-Venice-Switzerland)

Switzerland Jul 20, 2016 at 11:23 AM

Hey Everyone, hope all of u are doing well.

I'm planning for an adventurer vacation with my wife this November (Late november 20 maybe), and I was thinking about Visiting Nature places as I went Europe before but it was just culture and buildings but this vacation i'm thinking about:

1- Munich & Bavarian Alps. Any suggestion, any comments, if its interesting or not.

2- Slovenia (Bled Lake-Triglav national park-ljubljana) Any comments, Interesting or not.

3- Venice.

4- Switzerland (Titles-Jungfrau- ??) Need help

I really need help, I want somebody to give me an advice, if I'm thinking wrong if there's more interesting countries in Europe, I wanna some place when I can make actvities like rafting for example.

Thanks

more

Popular Kanton Zürich Travel Answer Locations

• Renting a car to travel

Zürich Jun 18, 2016 at 5:12 AM

Hi everyone! We are a family of four planning a trip to switzerland ( zurich , lucerne, Lugarno , interlaken and Basel) and we plan to.rent a car to get around to all the mentioned places. Could you suggest reliable car rentals pls? Is this a better way to see the place considering we want to really relax and enjoy the sights for a couple of hours and don't wish to be weighed down by schedules .
      Secondly I'm pretty confused what clothes to pack . Would we need a lot of woollens? We plan to travel end July until 1st week August. And lastly what kind of shoes to carry ? TIA

10 Answers Jun 19, 2016 at 3:39 AM
    • travelfrosch's Profile Photo

Lunch at the train station

Zürich Jun 10, 2016 at 8:42 AM

Hi, all!

We'll have about a 1-hour layover at Zürich HB right around lunch time. Any recommendations in or near the station? Thanks!

6 Answers Jun 12, 2016 at 10:53 AM
    • 65 layover in Zurich to USA

Zürich Jun 10, 2016 at 1:29 AM

Hello! I am travelling from Thessaloniki to Zurich with Swiss airlines and from Zurich to New York with United Airlines. Flight from Thessaloniki arrives at Zurich airport at 11:50 and the flight to New York departs at 12:55. Is this sufficient time to make it in time? Thank you in advance!

7 Answers Jun 12, 2016 at 11:12 AM
    • VRDAKWAL's Profile Photo

Affordable eating

Zürich Jun 9, 2016 at 12:46 PM

Hi all, the tips about affordable eating in Paris were very helpful. I have now reached Zurich,  can someone help me find affordable eating options in Zurich,  preferably near the train station HB ? Any suggestions for local Swiss cuisine, what should we eat to get a taste of Swiss cuisine.

10 Answers Jun 11, 2016 at 6:31 AM
    • smart phone sim cards

Zürich Apr 19, 2016 at 4:50 AM

best sim card to buy in Zurich to cover Europe and UK?

2 Answers Jun 12, 2016 at 11:18 AM
    • baron1970's Profile Photo

2 days in Zurich

Zürich Dec 16, 2015 at 8:15 AM

I will be in Zurich for 2 nights with my wife and i have a few questions:
      1- We will be staying at Zurich Marriott. Is it far from the airport (ZRH)?
      2-We will be celebrating her birthday. Can you suggest a restaurant with a nice, elegant atmosphere? Italian food would be my choice but i don't really mind the food as long as the atmosphere is nice.
      3-Must see places in 2 days in Zurich?
      4-We will be going to Hotel Bernina 1865, Samedan afterwards. What would you recommend me to go there with our luggage? Is renting a car a good idea considering the snow?
      Thank you in advance

3 Answers Dec 17, 2015 at 4:59 AM
    • philosykos's Profile Photo

Some questions please..frm Airport to Old Town..Help needed!

Zürich Dec 2, 2015 at 8:15 AM

I may be going thru Zurich in transit where I will have at least 5 hours free....already deducting my time needed to be back at airport. I would like to go into the old town area. First of all..I need STEP by STEP directions with use of either train..(or tram??) Which is easier?? I say step by step because I am pretty useless with the trains! It takes me awhile.to figure it out.So looking for help on this...better to get a tram to old town? Train? And directions please! I would need to change some money first..get return ticket from ..where?? And stop to get off for old town? Any insight and help...very welcome! Many thanks in advance!

18 Answers Dec 6, 2015 at 1:58 AM
    • tracyskf's Profile Photo

Swiss Travel Pass

Zürich Nov 24, 2015 at 8:42 PM

Where can I buy the Swiss Travel Pass? Arriving on Zurich airport.
      I know this can be purchased online - however it asked for an address for physical delivery.
      I would like to either buy online if this is printable (no delivery is required) or buy it when arriving Zurich.
      I arrive in a couple of days and could not order a delivery. Thanks

2 Answers Nov 25, 2015 at 4:47 AM
    • tracyskf's Profile Photo

Data plan and mobile network for 10 days

Zürich Nov 24, 2015 at 8:37 PM

Any recommendation on what mobile operator and which plan to use for a 10 days visit in Switzerland?
      Mostly for local calls and data plan (for google maps). Let me know also can this be bought from airport?
      Thanks

1 Answer Dec 21, 2015 at 6:24 AM
    • footstool's Profile Photo

Zurich Airport layover

Zürich Nov 20, 2015 at 4:03 AM

I have a 1 hour layover on Swiss Air (of course). Is 1 hour enough time to get from one terminal to another? How big is the airport? I will not be checking bags. Thanks so much!

9 Answers Nov 24, 2015 at 4:29 PM
    • erkrutibs's Profile Photo

Point to point travel

Zürich Oct 5, 2015 at 11:58 AM

Hi
      I will reach at Zurich on 13th October and will travel to rapper swill by Swiss train.
      I will take a ticket from Zurich to rapperswill ticket which is 16.00 CHF.
      After reaching in rapperswill i will checkin to hotel .
      In afternoon i will visit from rapperswill to st.gallen in the afternoon same day and the cost of ticket is 12.70chf.

Could anybody advice me whether i can use the same ticket(16.00chf) from rapperswill to st.galllen.

Thanks
      kruti

3 Answers Oct 5, 2015 at 12:39 PM
    • one day/night lay over in zurich... itinerary question

Zürich Oct 5, 2015 at 10:33 AM

I would be reaching Zurich airport 3:45 pm on a sunday afternoon and flying out next morning 9:45 am. I would like to check in a hotel with my luggage and check out Zurich in a day. Ideally i would like to see the touristy places during day time and enjoy the night life during night. I would really appreciate any suggestion to plan my trip.
      I am thinking to using the train/tram for my transportation and would like keep my explorations on safe side

4 Answers Oct 28, 2015 at 12:44 AM
    • Customs at Zurich airport

Zürich Sep 26, 2015 at 8:08 PM

when traveling from Hong kong to Zurich with Swiss air and have a onward flight to Copenhagen with Swiss do I need to collect bags and go through customs and is 1 hour enough time to do this

4 Answers Sep 27, 2015 at 11:40 PM
    • erkrutibs's Profile Photo

Sceduling A Tour

Zürich Sep 19, 2015 at 12:47 AM

Hi travelers

i will in my official visit zurich from 13october -23october from which included 5 days are off day(14,17,18,21,23) and remaining 5 days official days.

i have a big lists of destinations like bern,interlaken ,jungfurjaouch mountain,titlis mount ,rhine falls,st.moriz,zermat,rig mountain, Heidiland,Liechtenstein Mount Titlis, Lucerne,st.gallon, etc

1.can i cover these places thorugh train in just only 5 days keeping in mind i have to stay in rapperswill which is near to my office ,and every night i have to return to my hotel

as my off days are not continous.

2.what is best ticket i can take to cover all this place

3.is it better and economical if i travel through travel agency for long places like interlaken and jungfarouch mountain?

4.can anybody lighten me up for making a tour schedule?

5.For remaining official days (11am-2pm) can i visit any near by places on the way to zurich from rapperswill for the event hiking,mountain pass,sledging as i will be free after 2pm till 10pm.

Regretting if i bother you through my questions

Thanks a ton for helping me out. :)

3 Answers Sep 30, 2015 at 1:57 AM
    • Including a 3 day layover in Zurich. Surcharge on Swissair?

Zürich Jul 29, 2015 at 3:32 PM

I am planning on flying Swissair from Boston to Rome in October. The flight from Rome changes planes in Zurich on the return. I would like to break the trip to visit a friend who lives about 50 miles from Zurich for a 3 day layover and then pick up the flight sequence to Boston after the 3 day visit. Will Swissair allow that or make me pay a surcharge? Do I need a visa to leave the airport? I carry an USA passport.

3 Answers Jul 29, 2015 at 4:48 PM
    • Day trips from Zurich

Zürich Jun 6, 2015 at 11:39 PM

Hello, I have slightly more than a week in Zurich when I head there in September 2015. I know that accommodation can be expensive in Switzerland, thus, is it possible to take day trips from Zurich and get a train pass instead? I am interested to visit Interlaken, Bern, the Jungfrau region and Lucerne. I am staying with a family member in Zurich, therefore I wondered if I could just take day trips in and out of Zurich each day? Appreciate your advice. Thanks.

4 Answers Jun 7, 2015 at 3:26 AM
    • Airport Transit Visa - Delhi - Zurich - Toronto

Zürich May 17, 2015 at 12:38 PM

Hi

I am flying on an Indian passport from Delhi to Toronto via Zurich (Layover 3 hours) - do i need a Airport Transit Visa?

I am flying on 23rd May, 2015.

Thanks
      Rahul

2 Answers May 17, 2015 at 2:28 PM
    • AliIrshad's Profile Photo

Visiting Zurich

Zürich Apr 14, 2015 at 3:36 AM

I am visiting Zurich by the 20/4/2015 for business purposes. I want to add some fun activity to my visit apart from the business meetings. Looking for suggestions for some guided tours in the area.

1 Answer Apr 14, 2015 at 9:54 AM
    • ssaw's Profile Photo

one night layover in Zurich...itinerary question

Zürich Mar 16, 2015 at 4:05 AM

I'm arriving in Zurich at 9:40pm on a Wednesday evening in June, and flying out (back home to Canada) the next morning at 9:30am. I would love to check out Zurich in my limited time. I hope my plan is possible. Any advice?
      My tentative plan:

Arrive and be out of the airport by 11pm (approx?)
      Take public transit to Zurich HB Stn
      Check into a hotel within 10-15 minutes walking distance from this station (possibly finding something under 200 CFH? Suggestions?)
      Walk around and check out the Old town, wander a bit and find some late night drinks and food - something with local feel (Suggestions?)
      Back to hotel to sleep for a couple hours, then grab a sunrise coffee and catch train back to airport at 6:30am (enough time for a 9:30am flight?)

I really hope I can make this work. Thank you in advance for any feedback :)

5 Answers Mar 17, 2015 at 3:59 AM
    • 9tigers's Profile Photo

Do I have to pay cash at any of the hostels?

Zürich Mar 11, 2015 at 4:13 PM

it has been a few years since I went to Europe just want to find out if I can pay via credit card now or I still have to pay cash.

thanks!
      Daisy

4 Answers Mar 12, 2015 at 4:45 AM
    • BorneoGrrl's Profile Photo

Short layover sufficient?

Zürich Mar 2, 2015 at 4:07 AM

I'm flying on SWISS and there's a short transit in Zurich airport. Though there's a fast train from the airport, is a 3 hour layover enough time to visit Zurich city center or should I just not risk it and hang around at the airport? Thanks

10 Answers Mar 13, 2015 at 6:10 AM
    • Phyllis-Omar's Profile Photo

Zurich transport

Zürich Jan 19, 2015 at 6:27 PM

Hi,
      We are travelling to Zurich next week for travel show Fespo Messe 2015. I have a few questions regarding transportation?
      1. What is the best and inexpensive way from airport to city center? How much is the cost?
      2. What is the best option to travel from city center to exhibition area? How much is the cost*
      3. How much a train ride would cost from Zurich to Basel
      Thanks

3 Answers Jan 20, 2015 at 10:38 AM
    • HattimH's Profile Photo

Green Card Holder, Transit Visa!!

Zürich Jan 11, 2015 at 11:19 PM

I'm an Egyptian, lives in USA, have the green card, going to have a layover in Zurich for one night (16 hours) do I need a transit visa?.. if yes, can I get it in the airport?

1 Answer Jan 12, 2015 at 10:56 AM
    • 24 Hours kiosk/Shop in Niederdorf

Zürich Nov 8, 2014 at 7:14 PM

Dear all

Does anybody know if in the Niederdorf area there is a 24 hours Kiosk/Shop?

2 Answers Nov 9, 2014 at 5:05 AM
    • adin's Profile Photo

Zurich airport

Zürich Oct 25, 2014 at 7:49 AM

Will be landing in zurich airport at 21:50 just as "transfer" to the next flight on 22:45 to Israel. The inbound flight comes from Warsaw, Poland (schengen block) probably to the main part of the airport and the next flight will be leaving from gate E bulding which is not the same building as the main area of arrival. It is "transfer" with Swiss. I have Polish citizenship and passport. How EXACTLY should I go from the place of getting off board the first flight, to the place of E gates, in just 30 minutes? does anyone can explain it as I've never been in this airport (or Zurich) before?

12 Answers Jan 10, 2015 at 10:44 AM
    • Zurich to Vienna

Zürich Sep 11, 2014 at 10:59 AM

Thinking about a 10 day trip over. How many days would you recommend to see Zurich, and then maybe head over to Munich or Vienna?

What would be the best way to travel? Is there high speed rail connections? Any idea of pricing? Thank you.

Andrew

6 Answers Sep 12, 2014 at 10:04 AM
    • how to travel from zurich car sihlquai to zurich airport ?

Zürich Sep 5, 2014 at 1:54 PM

what is the best cheap way to go zurich airport ? except train :( bla bla car and car pooling don't go in weekends . I think the last option is mein fren bus but it doesn't goes to airport .So anybody please suggest me howcan i go from zurich car sihlquai to zurich airport ?

7 Answers Sep 6, 2014 at 3:24 AM
    • PatB74's Profile Photo

transportation to Eriz

Zürich Aug 3, 2014 at 10:24 AM

what is the best way to get from Zurich to Eriz? Thanks

2 Answers Aug 3, 2014 at 11:21 AM
    • what to in Winterthur when you´re 15 and a foreigner.

Winterthur Jul 23, 2014 at 1:52 AM

My son of 15 is going to Winterthur from mid august to mid september. The purpose is to learn German, and he¨ll be attending classes, but only for 2 hrs. a day. So he¨ll have a lot of free time, and I¨m hoping that somebody can give me some ideas about how to fill out the remaining time, preferably in german speaking company. He plays the piano, he¨s a good swimmer, but he doesn¨t really like other sports, he likes photografy and computers, Maybe someone knows of some computerclasses. Thank you so much..
      Tina Thomsen

5 Answers Jul 24, 2014 at 11:56 PM
    • St. Josef or Adler hotel?

Zürich Jul 14, 2014 at 5:15 AM

I will be in Zurich in September, and can't decide on a nice hotel. St. Josef and Adler both are within my budget and seem to have good reviews. Which one should I go for? Are there any similarly priced hotels that I could consider? Any suggestions will be gratefully appreciated! :)

1 Answer Jul 14, 2014 at 6:25 AM