I need a help from you about SWISS PASS for 15 days
      Why it's different prices?
      swiss-pass.ch/swiss-pass/?gc...

swissholidayco.com/excursion...

Kind regards

more
    • Pass for family, visiting BO for 6 days

Switzerland Aug 21, 2016 at 9:37 AM

Hello. If someone knowledgeable can review and advice on the right travel pass for the destinations below, it will be of great help. In addition I have a couple more questions listed below. Many thanks in advance for your assistance.

Family configuration: husband, wife, 2 children (12-15 years old) and 1 youth 18 years old.
      Duration: Aug 26- Sep 1

Below are the destinations and modes of transpo:
      1. Train from Zurich airport to Bern (one-way)
      2. Lauterbrunnen. to Wengen (train) ;
      3. Wengen to Kl Scheidegg (train) ;
      4. Grindelwald Grund – Maennlichen (Gondola) ;
      5. Maennlichen to Wengen (cable car)
      6. Train from Lauterbrunnen station to Interlaken Ost for Brienz;
      7. Train from Interlaken Ost to Brienz.
      8. Steam train from Brienz station to Rothorn (return journey)
      9. Train from Lauterbrunnen to Grindelwald ;
      10. First gondola to the First ski resort;
      11. Ride the “First Flieger”
      12. Train from Lauterbrunnen to Bern and back
      13. Brunig Panoramic Expressway between Interlaken and Lucerne (one way)
      14. Train from Lucerne to Zurich (one way)

QUESTIONS:
      1. Is REGIONAL BO PASS , the most economical option, or you would advice HALF-FARE PASS ?
      2. With REGIONAL BO PASS or HALF-FARE PASS, do I have to buy STP ?
      3. For 12-16 years old, do I have to buy JUNIOR TRAVEL CARD or SWISS FAMILY CARD? And do I pay any sum towards that purchase?
      4. For 18 year old, do I buy Swiss Youth Pass, or just the REGIONAL BO PASS?

Kind regards

more
    • Paris to Interlaken - Train arriving at 12 am midnight.

Interlaken Jul 28, 2016 at 2:34 PM

Hi - My wife and myself , we are arriving in Interlaken from Paris .. Train arrives in Interlaken OST . Wondering if it is safe to walk to a near by hotel /stay at midnight ..

If so , any places one could suggest . My travel would be in 2nd weekend of August.

We just need a place to stay overnight and wouldn't want to splurge on any luxury .. Cause we would be packing in the morning , travel around and catch a evening train to lucerne.

In one day , any places one could suggest to see ? I heard the ride to Gimmewald is amazing .

more
    • petelegg's Profile Photo

Travel from Zurich to Zermatt

Zermatt Jul 29, 2016 at 12:58 PM

Hi, Can you help please. I have booked an apartment in Zermatt at end of April for my wifes 60th birthday and our wedding anniversary. We have never been to Switzerland before so some things I'm not sure of.
      I've not booked the flights yet but thought we would go to Zurich as apparantely there is a very scenic railway journey from there.
      Q1 Is the railway station near the airport? Q2 How often do they run? Q3 What as a couple can we expect to pay for a return ticket? Q4 Does it go direct to Zermatt or do we have to change? Q5 Do we buy this ticket in advance or can we just pay at the station? Q6 Looking at the map our apartment is 500 yards approx from the station in Zermatt. Do we walk from there and if so how will we find our apartment? staying at the Haus Roc.

Sorry about all the questions and sorry if some sound stupid but just a little nervous that something might go wrong.

Many thanks (-:

more

Popular Kanton Sankt Gallen Travel Answer Locations

• travel card?

Sankt Gallen Jun 26, 2010 at 5:54 AM

I am flying to Zurich in July and will be staying in St Gallen for 2 weeks.I want to visit Lake Constance area returning each evening to St Gallen.Is the Swiss half fare Card the most economical way for me to travel? I've not been able to find the fares between St Gallen and the Lake Constance area.
      Thank you.

• Jasonconga's Profile Photo

Hitchhiking from Buchs to Chur?

Buchs Nov 3, 2009 at 7:57 AM

Hi guys,
      I want to go from Buchs SG to Chur on Friday around lunchtime. I will be walking/bussing from Liechtenstein to Buchs. I could take a train but it's only 40 minutes and maybe I could hitchhike there easily. Where should I stand to get a ride to Chur?

1 Answer Nov 3, 2009 at 12:26 PM
    • Easter Foods

Sankt Gallen Feb 7, 2008 at 8:16 AM

My husband and I will visiting St. Gallen with our two children during Easter this year. Can anyone tell us what foods are traditional in this area for an Easter dinnercelebration? Thanks.

Mary

• Visit Austria?

Sankt Gallen Jun 18, 2007 at 4:37 AM

We are planning a visit to St Gallen, my Mom's birthplace. How close would that be to Austria, and would it be worth the trip if we could only spend an afternoon?
      What is the Austrian town with stuff to do that is closest to St Gallen?
      Any suggestions? There sure seems a lot to do in St Gallen itself.
      thanks in advance
      scott

2 Answers Aug 17, 2007 at 9:07 AM