change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• alstjohn's Profile Photo

Train between Zurich and Berne

Switzerland Oct 22, 2016 at 1:50 PM

I am arriving on a flight at 8 pm on a tuesday in Zurich (next month). How long will it take me to me to get to
      Berne from the Airport should i decide to head for Berne that night? i have swiss rail travel pass.
      thank you for any help.

• St Moritz train travel and accomodation

Switzerland Yesterday

We are a couple of Australians who will be in Salzburg for two days and have booked a rail ticket for the 28th Oct that is not refundable to Thun via Munich, Zurich and Bern for Euro138 for both of us (1st class).
      It has now been suggested to us that we travel from Salzburg to St Moritz via Landeck and overnight in St Moritz and the next day travel to Thun via Andermatt.
      We were wondering if the suggestion should be considered and we waste the existing ticket. I tried to look at fares from Salzburg on 28th October to St Moritz on the sbb website but it was saying it was too close to travel date to quote price?
      We have lots of time to stay in Thun so don't know if St Moritz is something worth seeing from Thun later during our stay.
      If the St Moritz overnight trip is best done on the way to Thun any suggestions of hotels in St Moritz that are close to station.
      Any suggestions or help with trips from Thun as day or overnight would be appreciated.

• Mt Titlis Maintenance

Lucerne Oct 18, 2016 at 8:21 PM

May i know the maintenance period for 2016?

• MarijaStojicevic's Profile Photo

Chaplin's world

Vevey Oct 8, 2016 at 5:33 PM

Has anyone been yet at the Museum Chaplin's world and at his house Manoir de Ban? Because I want to go there and I need an advice how to get it, where to stay (2 nights perhaps and no so much expansive hotel for me and my family), then how it looks like and the other advices as travel guide

• alstjohn's Profile Photo

use Zurich or Bern as base city to explore?

Zürich Oct 2, 2016 at 10:35 AM

Visiting switzerland for first time. Would really like to see Lucern, Interlaken area and Bern /Zurich?  will be in the country for 5 days before flying out of Zurich to  visit Sevilla. thanks

• Paris to Interlaken - Train arriving at 12 am midnight.

Interlaken Jul 28, 2016 at 2:34 PM

Hi - My wife and myself , we are arriving in Interlaken from Paris .. Train arrives in Interlaken OST . Wondering if it is safe to walk to a near by hotel /stay at midnight ..

If so , any places one could suggest . My travel would be in 2nd weekend of August.

We just need a place to stay overnight and wouldn't want to splurge on any luxury .. Cause we would be packing in the morning , travel around and catch a evening train to lucerne.

In one day , any places one could suggest to see ? I heard the ride to Gimmewald is amazing .

8 Answers Aug 17, 2016 at 12:51 AM
    • Planning BERN

Bern Jul 21, 2016 at 4:31 AM

Greetings . We are family of 5 (3 teen age children and 2 adults), looking to visit Switzerland. Pressed on time, do you think one a half day is sufficient to see the highlights of Bern? We have the following plan in place. 1. How doable is this plan? 2. Anything worthy missing? 3. Do you suggest to take something out? 4.Should we factor in any cost for the below suggestions? PLAN: Most scenic WALKS: a. along the banks of the Aare through the English gardens b. Popular Streets: Spitalgasse, Marktgasse, Kramgasse, Gerechtikkeitsgasse c. Major Square: Theatreplatz, Kornhausplatz, Ogre Fountain , Rathausplatz d. Major Bridge: Kirchenfeldbrucke, Kornhausbrucke, Lorainebrucke e. Most panoramic attraction atop Mount Gurten. f. Most obvious place to start walk: from Bahnhofplatz, down the Spitalgasse, under the prison tower, into the Marketgasse, and then on by way of the clock tower and the Kramgasse. From the end of the street, by the Nydeggbrucke (bridge, which gives a really good view down on to the roofs of the old town) either go over the bridge to the bear pit, or turn back through the Junkerngasse, turn let and come back via Rathausgasse. g. Rosengarten

1 Answer Jul 21, 2016 at 5:33 AM
    • Trip to Jungfrau

Interlaken May 24, 2016 at 2:10 AM

What sort of woolen gear would be required for a trip to Jungfrau in the third week of June with kids?

2 Answers May 25, 2016 at 5:29 PM
    • Transportation from Gstadd to Lauenen

Lauenen May 15, 2016 at 11:25 AM

If we stay in Gstadd, is there a regular bus to Lauenen in August/September? Cost? Travel time?

3 Answers May 16, 2016 at 9:32 AM
    • Transportation to Lauenen

Lauenen May 15, 2016 at 11:21 AM

What is the best way to get to Lauenen if we fly into Zurich?

1 Answer May 15, 2016 at 12:17 PM
    • VRDAKWAL's Profile Photo

Frequency of trains

Grindelwald May 5, 2016 at 8:47 AM

What is the frequency of trains from and to interlaken ? If I make Grindelwald my base, will transport be difficult ? What is the time of last train to Grindelwald ?

1 Answer May 5, 2016 at 9:44 AM
    • gulnese's Profile Photo

Mountain sightseeing and trekking

Interlaken Apr 26, 2016 at 4:00 AM

We are travelling with children and our mother and father, which means that our age range is between 11 and 78.
      We have been to Luzern and Pilatus mountain last summer.
      We are planning a longer period in Switzerland this year and want to make trekking with either our old members or with children to spend more tgime in the beautiful nature.
      We are thinking of going to Gimmerwald and Murren.We are not sure about Schilthorn.As we are 6,the cost is also important for us.But if something really worths we don't mind the price,if it is not too high.
      We have heard comments about Allmendhubel, Wengen, Mannlichen, Kleine Scheidegg.
      What might be the best itinerary for us covering all the best points in Interlaken.
      We are travelling with motorhome and planning to stay minimum 2 days in Interlaken.
      And would like to hear any advices whether getting Swiss half fare Card, in order to dicrease transportation costs.
      Thanks in advance.

2 Answers Apr 29, 2016 at 2:32 AM
    • staying in wengen

Wengen Sep 26, 2015 at 4:17 PM

I read somewhere that when staying in wengen, and after paying tourist tax, you get some type of discount card, ? for local travel. Is this true or did I make this up, Kind Regards Cathy

1 Answer Sep 26, 2015 at 4:44 PM
    • tracyskf's Profile Photo

Day trip in Bern

Bern Sep 25, 2015 at 2:54 PM

Hi - what are the must see if I only have a day trip in Bern? =)

3 Answers Sep 27, 2015 at 7:12 PM
    • tracyskf's Profile Photo

Full day Interlaken with Swiss Travel Pass in Dec

Interlaken Sep 19, 2015 at 12:55 PM

I came across this however don't quite understand how this works with the Swiss Travel Pass

- Are all the routes included with the Swiss Travel Pass?
      - What are practical tips - like where should I stop for scenic photos etc?
      - I have a full day in December before returning to Interlaken for overnight stay - hope to get practical tips on how to maximise the day. I am not looking to ski, but mostly sightseeing and experiencing Jungfrau region

Thank you

3 Answers Sep 25, 2015 at 2:22 PM
    • transportation

Spiez Sep 14, 2015 at 4:55 PM

how do i get from train station to hotel riviera

2 Answers Sep 14, 2015 at 11:04 PM
    • What to do April 30-May 2nd

Grindelwald Aug 20, 2015 at 2:57 PM

What is there to do in Grindelwald end of April and beginning of May?

4 Answers Aug 21, 2015 at 6:42 AM
    • hzafar's Profile Photo

Things to Do in Interlaken

Interlaken Aug 5, 2015 at 5:54 AM

Hello, I am travelling to Interlaken from 15-20 Aug with My Family 3 Kids (9,8,2). Please advise how can i maximize the stay. Recommendations are welcome. My plan as per research is,

1. Jungfru. 16th
      2. Lake Thun and Harder Kalem 17th
      3. Titlis 18th
      4. Geneva 19th Ppls say Watches and Chocolates are good there.
      5. 20th to Zurich for Flight

I will enter Switzerland from Berns. People Recommended me to take Kids Card 30 CFH. That will make their travel free. Please Advise Whats the best travel tickets we can take.

4 Answers Aug 6, 2015 at 4:38 AM
    • Advise on what to do around the interlaken area

Interlaken Jul 20, 2015 at 7:15 AM

Hello! My husband and i will be landing at Zurich airport at the end of August. We purchased the swiss travel pass so hopefully our journey will be easier. We will be landing very early in the morning and should reach interlaken via train at around 10:30am however we are only allowed to check in our guest house at 3pm. Just wondering what we could do in the mean time as i don't want to waste even a day. Could i also please have advice on where to eat as we are vegetarians and my husband is also allergic to eggs that is the reason we staying in a guest house so that we can cook some of our can get quite pricey eating out 3 times a day as well. We will be staying in interlaken for 3 nights so any other suggestions of places to visit will be much appreciated.

2 Answers Jul 21, 2015 at 3:19 AM
    • agathi's Profile Photo

Hotel in Bern

Bern Jul 16, 2015 at 3:27 PM

Hallo my friends. Any idea of a decent budget hotel in Bern? Or an apartment. We are 3 adults arriving by car.

6 Answers Jul 17, 2015 at 5:05 AM
    • Locations for Cheese Festivals in 2015

Meiringen Jul 15, 2015 at 1:45 PM

Is there a schedule out for September 2015 cheese festivals in the Meiringen area?

1 Answer Jul 15, 2015 at 8:04 PM
    • yavili's Profile Photo

Basel-Bern transportation

Bern Jul 13, 2015 at 1:39 AM

Hi. Do you recommend train or bus to go from Basel to Bern? Trains seem to be pretty expensive! Would bus ticket prices be similar?

2 Answers Jul 13, 2015 at 2:14 AM
    • Advise on booking tickets in advance for excursions.

Interlaken Jul 4, 2015 at 8:12 AM

we intend to travel to switzerland on 18/7/15 for 4 days and wish to visit mt. Titlis and Jungfrauouch, do we need to book these excursions in advance? your suggestions will be much appreciated.

4 Answers Jul 7, 2015 at 12:45 PM
    • Lauterbrunnen

Lauterbrunnen Jun 8, 2015 at 1:42 AM

Hi - We are going to be in Lauterbrunnen from 4 - 9 July, 2015. Can you suggest what sort of winter clothing we should bring with us, especially as we are hoping to go up the mountains surrounding Lauterbrunnen?

Many thanks

7 Answers Jun 9, 2015 at 4:28 AM
    • Day trips from Zurich

Interlaken Jun 6, 2015 at 11:41 PM

Hello, I have slightly more than a week in Zurich when I head there in September 2015. I know that accommodation can be expensive in Switzerland, thus, is it possible to take day trips from Zurich and get a train pass instead? I am interested to visit Interlaken, Bern, the Jungfrau region and Lucerne. I am staying with a family member in Zurich, therefore I wondered if I could just take day trips in and out of Zurich each day? Appreciate your advice. Thanks.

4 Answers Jun 7, 2015 at 2:52 PM
    • Shop for Cuban Cigars

Bern Jun 5, 2015 at 11:11 AM

Hello - is there a shop that sells a range of Cuban Cigars in Bern?

4 Answers Jun 5, 2015 at 3:48 PM
    • Driving from Innsbruck to Lauterbrunnen

Lauterbrunnen Jun 1, 2015 at 8:52 AM

We plan to drive from Innsbruck to Lauterbrunnen on September 9th, 2015. Please give advice on route options. Which is the most scenic route? Thank you.

3 Answers Jun 7, 2015 at 1:48 PM
    • What is the best route to drive from Innsbruck to Lauterbrunnen

Lauterbrunnen May 29, 2015 at 9:19 AM

What is the best route to drive from Innsbruck to Lauterbrunnen

4 Answers Jun 7, 2015 at 4:00 PM
    • iammon's Profile Photo

Restaurant for Families

Bern May 25, 2015 at 7:43 AM

We (family with two little kids) will be meeting friends from the US (kids as well) for Dinner in Berne or vicinity.
      Any inputs for something that's touristically interesting?
      Thanks for your help!

• lanef's Profile Photo

AU$ dollar to Swiss Franks

Bern May 19, 2015 at 8:41 PM

If I have Australian dollar notes with me, is it easy to find a money changer or a bank to change the Australian currency to Swiss currency in Bern? Thanks

3 Answers May 23, 2015 at 4:43 AM
    • Weather - Rainy Forecast

Interlaken May 18, 2015 at 7:17 AM

Me and some buddies are planning on going to Interlaken this weekend. The 10 day weather forecast shows rain like everyday! Is it just one of those places that always shows rain, or should we be concerned that's it's going to rain all weekend?

5 Answers May 19, 2015 at 6:57 AM
    • Hiking trails

Interlaken May 15, 2015 at 3:42 AM

Hiking trails through alpine meadows.

4 Answers May 18, 2015 at 3:24 AM
    • Interlaken Ost or Interlaken West Bahnhof

Interlaken May 3, 2015 at 1:58 AM

Which station do the trains from Zurich or Lucerne arrive to - Ost or West Bahnhof ? From which station do the trains go to Jungfrau - Ost or West Bahnhof?

4 Answers May 3, 2015 at 9:57 AM
    • lanef's Profile Photo

Airport > Hotel

Bern Apr 27, 2015 at 5:24 AM

How much roughly a taxi would cost from Bern airport to Hotel Landhaus Altenbergstrasse 4, Bern.

2 Answers May 11, 2015 at 3:30 AM
    • Staying in Grindelwald for 5 nights from 3 June 2015

Grindelwald Apr 25, 2015 at 8:01 AM

I would like your advice on the 'not to be missed' places to visit & activities while I am in Grindelwald. Will be there with my parents, sis and 2 kids aged 12 and 9. We would like to visit the mountains and also Bernese Oberland. We will be using our Swiss pass.

7 Answers Apr 27, 2015 at 5:19 AM