Kamchatskaya Oblast'

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Cafe in Tula named: "Sun"

Tula Oct 19, 2016 at 5:27 AM

Have you heard of this place in Tula? Food & drinks?

Thanks, if you know address, please post!

• GyuriFT's Profile Photo

Cheapest possible visa support for U.S. citizens?

Russia Sep 27, 2016 at 9:36 PM

Looking for the lowest-bottom price.

- Earlier "Express To Russia" was good with $18.

- Today ordered one from iVisa for $15.59 or 1000 Rub

There is one from which is 900 Rub, but they have silly limitation (7 days) which should not apply to U.S. citizens, so I rather paid 100 Rub more.

Anyone has a cheaper idea? Need for my wife + kids.

Not very urgent, but within a week or so will apply.

• DBS ferry Japan to russia.

Vladivostok Oct 1, 2016 at 12:06 AM

Hi Im planning to take a trip to russia on the ferry from Japan but I have a prettt heavy concern. Im lgbt and will be entering through vladivotok. Im wonderinf what immigration is like there and if Ill be able to get by with out issues or if theres some new fangled body scanner waiting for me at the port.

Mead - any experience?

Vladimirskaya Oblast' Sep 27, 2016 at 1:20 PM

Is being sold here and as far as I did see, ONLY here in Russia.
      The strength seem to be below expectation, the price is above expectation - and it seems. they add things to mead which do not belong there.

Just bought 1l for 150 R or slightly under $3. After many tries so far the best was one for ca. 10 Sfr in Zürich at X'mas market (and it's stronger than Suzdalian). The strongest ever is sold in Ukraine, it's 40-proof, but I suspect from the taste it is not real.

Any comments, experiences, where and what to buy locally?

All border crossings between Russia and Belarus closed to third-country citizens?

Russia Oct 15, 2016 at 6:19 PM

It sounds like a complete nonsense - but it seem to be the case.

I am unsure, what is the situation in the reality.
      I was able to cross the border near Smolensk (I did not know about these news and simply crossed the border on a secondary road through villages). At this moment my car is near Moscow, in the garden of our friends.
      I am in the States, going back end of October.

I did not experience any issues leaving Russia.

The news are confusing. On one hand they say that the new problem affects EU citizens only (I used American passport). On the other hand some sources mention all third-country citizens.

I do not know the truth. Only that so far no one did care less about me crossing into Russia "illegally".

• JohanIsWeg's Profile Photo

Peterhof and Catherine's Palace

Saint Petersburg Oct 5, 2016 at 1:01 AM

Would love to visit both Peterhof and Catherine's Palace in December. I realize winter is not ideal, especially for Peterhof, but would still like to go.
      To save time, is reserving a tour a more time-effective way of doing it compared to using public transport? Is it possible to request a tour, visiting Catherine's Palace early in the morning and visiting Peterhof later in the day before returning to St Petersburg?
      Which is the best tour company to go with?

Popular Kamchatskaya Oblast' Travel Answer Locations

• MacedonianUK's Profile Photo

Wich NP to visit

Kamchatskaya Oblast' Apr 9, 2016 at 8:53 AM

We are planning visit to Kamchatka for two weeks from end of July to Mid August. One of the things we dearly want to do is have outdoor adventure and visit some of the 28 National Parks on the Peninsula
      We will do some day trips out of Petropavlovsk abut can you lovely ppl give me some ideas about wich NP to visit and if you have any ideas about package tours with local guides to natural reserves.
      Also any ideas how easy is to find accommodation on the spur of the moment? Or I need to prebook months in advance?
      Thank you

3 Answers Apr 11, 2016 at 1:51 PM

Renting 4x4/car and visiting the NPs in Kamchatka

Petropavlovsk-Kamchatskiy Nov 22, 2015 at 8:06 AM

We are planing visit to Kamchatka for two weeks, arriving from Vladivostok, and would like to rent 4x4/car to do so.. Now is there any place ( link)you can point me to where I can take a look what is on offer Or I have to go with organised tour/guide approved by the state? I am in the first stage of organising the trip, so I am looking into car rental, hotels/home stays and guides, with places which are MUST to visit while there. Many thanks!

5 Answers Nov 23, 2015 at 10:22 AM

Flights to Japan

Petropavlovsk-Kamchatskiy Nov 22, 2015 at 7:57 AM

Hallo peeps,
      I am planning trip to Russia on the transibirian, catching train from Helsinki via St Pete's to Moscow to Vladivostok, than I found flight from Vladivostock to Petropavlosk-Kamchatskiy and exploring Kamchatka for couple of weeks. From there we want to fly to Japan, Sapporo preferably and after spending week there, fly home.
      My plan looks good on paper but now I have a problem, it seems Aeroflot do not fly from Petropavlovsk-Kamchatskiy to Japan.
      And anybody of you lovely peeps give me idea how I can get to Japan from Kamčatka ( plane, boat) without going back to Vladivostok or anywhere else?
      Many thanks!

14 Answers Nov 24, 2015 at 9:22 AM
    • PavlH's Profile Photo

What to do in 7 hours

Petropavlovsk-Kamchatskiy Aug 16, 2006 at 2:56 AM

I will be in Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky for about 7 hours as part of a cruise.

I am trying to find intersting things to do there but information is sparse.

Apart from Lenin Square and the small chapel, what is there to see in the city?

• info

Petropavlovsk-Kamchatskiy Jun 21, 2006 at 4:48 AM

I'm ANTONIO
      I travel ALONE
      I would like this summer to visit KAMCHATKA for 1 week or 10 days

DO YOU have bed in dormitory from the 2 of august to the 16 of august?
      I arrive to petropavlovsk the 2 of august or the 9 of august

I want to see AVACHA VOLCANO, AVACHA BAIA and ESSO

I need also Voucher from your hotel...

ask me the price, in which place is your hotel and if you organize also trip in Kamchatka

tank you
      antonio carruba

• Petropavlovsk, Russia

Petropavlovsk-Kamchatskiy Aug 12, 2004 at 1:23 PM

I will arrive Petropavlovsk, Russia via cruise ship on Septermber 15 at 9:00 AM. I would like to arrange for an English speaking guide for 6-8 persons to walk the city visiting shops, markets, and a local restaurant for lunch. The activity would be from about 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM. We would like to get a feel for the local flavor of this city. Any suggestions?

2 Answers Aug 29, 2006 at 5:28 AM
    • nastassja's Profile Photo

How to get to Kamchatka from NY

Petropavlovsk-Kamchatskiy May 24, 2003 at 3:48 PM

Does anybody know how to get from New York to Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsk. I know that we can get there through Moscow but maybe there are some easier and not that expensive ways to get there. Thank you for your help.

3 Answers Aug 2, 2008 at 1:43 AM