Travel Answers
Kalamata

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• windpaard's Profile Photo

the bus from airport athens to Port rafina stops in artemidas?

Artemida Nov 23, 2016 at 11:43 AM

I would like to know if the bus from Athens airport to port Rafina stops in Artemidas(Artemis) and where are the stops situated?thanks

more
    • Thessaloniki to Istanbul

Greece Nov 26, 2016 at 3:29 AM

Hey, I live in Thessaloniki as an Erasmus-student and I'm going on a trip to Istanbul in the second week of Christmas break. What is the best (and cheapest) way to go there? I found some websites with a night train, which seems perfect for me, but I can't find the prizes anywhere and neither do I know where I can buy the tickets (just at the normal train station of Thessaloniki? Or that special international train ticket store at Plateia Aristotelous?). Can anyone help me out? A bus is also okay, if that's the only other option, but then again I'd prefer a nightbus so it won't cost me any valuable time on travelling.

more
    • Day trips from Kalamata

by Spopar Online Now Aug 4, 2015 at 4:57 PM

My husband and I will be spending a week outside of Kalamata and would like some suggestions on day trips. We will have a rental car.

Thank you.

9 Answers Aug 5, 2015 at 11:43 AM
    • Kalamata to Messini archeological site

by martindhjj Online Now Nov 12, 2014 at 6:54 AM

How can you get from the cruise port in Kalamata to the Messini archeological site by bus?

4 Answers Nov 13, 2014 at 12:32 AM
    • hello deer

by khodor Online Now Jul 12, 2014 at 6:36 AM

I'm looking for hotels have night clubs

1 Answer Jul 12, 2014 at 6:09 PM
    • pencho15's Profile Photo

Six days in the Peloponnese

by pencho15 Online Now Jul 1, 2014 at 4:02 AM

Hello.

I'll be traveling to Greece at the end of july. While I have to be in Athens on august 1, I got an earlier flight and I will land in Kalamata on july 26, which was cheaper. Once I'm there I have decided to use the days before going to Athens to explore the Peloponnese peninsula.

I understand Kalamata is a big city, but not particullary attractive, so I was wondering if this is the best place to stay or if it would be better for me to travel and find a hostel in another town. I am interested in knowing all the archeological sites, specially Olympia, and would like a place from where I can easily move around the zone. is it better to stay in one city and do daytrips from there? or is better to go moving along and spending a night or two in different places?

Also which places do you recommend me to see, while history is my main concern, I am also open to any other kind of cultural attractions.

Thanks.

8 Answers Jul 4, 2014 at 11:52 AM
    • larazenn's Profile Photo

best beaches

by larazenn Online Now Aug 9, 2013 at 1:15 PM

Hello,
      I will be in mostly Kalamata based around Messinia for 10 days from the beginning of september. I'm really very like to swim and sunbath in the beaches mostly pebbles and stones. I heard about the Foneas beach is perfect and of course I will be there. I'm asking if there are other beaches like Foneas (hidden paradise) around? I think transportation will not a big problem cause I also booked a car, so I can reach the places easily if I well informed and planned the schedule before...

Thanks by now,

Lara

5 Answers Aug 9, 2013 at 10:18 PM
    • transport

by marialuisa22 Online Now Jun 28, 2013 at 5:47 AM

Are still trains departing from this town?
      How to reach Micene from here?
      Thanks a lot

3 Answers Jul 2, 2013 at 6:09 AM
    • Vacation in Kalamata

by MariaSZ Online Now Mar 4, 2011 at 4:36 AM

I have been invited to join a cooking vacation near Kalamata (Agios Nicholaus) in Greece this August and was wondering if anyone can suggest which are the beaches to visit, if the area is touristic (I hope not) and if its more for couples or families, is it a younger 20's, 30-50's or an older crowd. Are the people who stay there mostly Greek, European, etc? I'd just like to get a feel for what it's like there.

Any other information you'd like to share will be most welcome.

The photos I've seen on the internet are wonderful but I have not found much more.

Thank you.

5 Answers Mar 9, 2011 at 9:42 PM
    • nalahacjr's Profile Photo

Kalamata to Athens Airport

by nalahacjr Online Now Jun 17, 2010 at 9:18 AM

Hello to all -

My wife and I fly out of Athens at 14.30 on a Tuesday. I have looked at an Athens Long Distance bus schedule and it appears that buses to Athens leave at 4.45, 6.00, and 7.00. Do you think we can make it from Stoupa to Kalamata to Athens in time for the plane? I know it would be a push, but we are trying to have one last night in the Peloponnese, rather than spending it in Athens. Even if we had to get an early taxi from Stoupa to Kalamata or something other than the bus. Can we make it to the airport for our flight?

Thanks for all the advice!
      - Ryan

• apple-jack's Profile Photo

kalamata airport to nafplio

by apple-jack Online Now Sep 6, 2007 at 6:55 AM

Could anybody tell me the best route by car to nafplio from kalamata airport, i know it's about a 3 hour drive, will it be a difficult journey, or is it quite easy,
      thanks

4 Answers Sep 10, 2007 at 9:40 AM
    • Moving to Analypsi 12km outside Kalamata

by BONBON24 Online Now Feb 10, 2005 at 2:58 PM

We are moving to Analypsi just outside Kalamata in May. We don't really know anything about the area or Kalamata, only what we have managed to pick up on the net...Has anyone been that can share there experiences? Good? Bad?? Downright terrible??We are young and would also like to know about the nightlife in Kalamata? Is there nightclubs?? Are the locals as friendly as everyone else in Greece usually is?? If you have any advice at all about travelling to this area this would also be very useful..Hope to hear from you soon!

4 Answers Dec 14, 2006 at 6:38 PM