VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Please save any personal content and exchange contact info with other members you’d like to stay in touch with. Thank you for your contributions to the VirtualTourist community.

Travel Answers
Kagoshima-ken

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Chyan's Profile Photo

Are Suica cards available for sale at Haneda Airport?

Tokyo Dec 31, 2016 at 4:24 PM

May i know whether Suica cards are available for sale at Haneda Airport? Which train operator sells these cards, Tokyo Monorail or Keikyu Line? I plan to fly non-stop to Haneda from Singapore on 20 September and from there travel to Odaiba or Shimbashi by train.

more

Popular Kagoshima-ken Travel Answer Locations

• Current Train service to Sendai 9 July

Kagoshima Jul 8, 2014 at 9:32 PM

What is the status of service? My niece had to get off at Ijuin before lunch. Any kind soul out there know why the line is closed or when it will reopen?

2 Answers Jul 9, 2014 at 11:36 PM
    • Sand Bath in Kagoshima

Kagoshima Jun 7, 2014 at 7:42 PM

We'll be in Kagoshima on June 18 and would like to experience the sand bath . What would you suggest? We only have 7 hrs.Thank you.

2 Answers Jun 7, 2014 at 9:42 PM
    • is typhoon expected

Ishigaki Oct 3, 2013 at 5:47 AM

is typhoon expected

9 Answers Oct 4, 2013 at 9:00 AM
    • balramdass's Profile Photo

Kagoshima

Kagoshima Feb 26, 2010 at 1:22 AM

Hi All

I will be in Kagoshima for one day only with the cruise ship.
      Can someone recommend best places to visit in this short time , perhaps suggest an ittenary.
      All advice is appreciated
      Bal

• Reaching Cape Sata

Kagoshima Mar 1, 2009 at 7:33 PM

I'm going to be traveling in/around Kyushu this May, and I'm obsessed with the idea of going all the way south to Cape Sata. I know there's a ferry that takes you from the Kagoshima side to the Cape Sata side. But after that, I can't rent a car, so as far as I can tell my options for getting the rest of the way to the cape are:

1. Bike (is it possible to rent a bike in one of the towns connected by ferry? How difficult would the road to the cape be for a relatively inexperienced biker?)
      2. Bus (I've heard there is a bus, but how reliable is it/how often does it run?)
      3. Hitch (I'm a 20-something female traveling alone, so I'm a little worried - is it dangerous?)

Does anyone have any advice or opinion on the pros and cons of each choice?

Thanks so much!

• Advise Ishigaki or Okinawa

Ishigaki Jun 24, 2008 at 4:13 AM

Hi,

We´re planning a trip to Japan in August (for 3 weeks total) and want to visit islands but are doubting between Ishigaki or Okinawa. Any suggestions ayone? We just want to do beach & relax, not too crowdy ...

Many thanx ...

Puffie

1 Answer Jun 24, 2008 at 4:53 PM
    • How far is the port in Kagoshima from the city center?

Kagoshima-ken Feb 24, 2006 at 9:44 AM

We'll be on a cruise ship arriving at the Kagoshima port. I've heard there are 2 ports. We will be docking at the port that can handle a 116 ton ship. Would like to know how far the port is from the city center? Also, are there taxis available at the port? Thanks for any info...

1 Answer Feb 25, 2006 at 5:09 AM
    • ittekimasu's Profile Photo

Amami oshima

Kagoshima-ken Jun 7, 2005 at 4:42 AM

Hi!
      I will go to Amami-oshima this summer. There is not a lot of info about this place in most of the traveling guides.Doushite kana??? Does someone know about nice hotels and nice beaches on this island?
      Thanks!

1 Answer Aug 27, 2006 at 4:19 PM
    • retired_poppi's Profile Photo

Okinawa Ferry

Kagoshima-ken Nov 15, 2004 at 8:35 AM

We will be visiting Okinawa in March 2005. We are interested in taking the ferry from Kagoshima or Nagasaki. We do not speak or read Japanese. Do you think the ferry would experience would be ana interesting alternative to flying? Is it necessary to book a birth, or is it acceptable to sleep on the deck? I see that there are several ferry companies. Is there anything to recommend one over another?

4 Answers Nov 23, 2004 at 11:06 AM
    • kagoshima ferry

Kagoshima Mar 10, 2003 at 8:57 AM

does any know of a local ferry between Nagasaki and Kagoshima city?

5 Answers Mar 11, 2003 at 4:07 PM