Kadina

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Which Whitsundays Day Trip?

Whitsunday Islands Jul 23, 2016 at 6:46 PM

There seem to be so many options for choosing a tour and every agent I speak to seems to push a different product, probably which ever one makes them the most money. I found this site though which looks much better but I still can't decide. wanderlustau.com/daytours-wh... What tour would you recommend/avoid?

more
    • tracyskf's Profile Photo

First visit to Perth in September

Perth Jul 2, 2016 at 12:38 PM

Hi
      I am planning my trip to Perth in September.

Please let me know if it will be good time for wine tours? Shall I do a DIY self drive tour or join a tour? Advice appreciated.

I plan to spend 6 days in the city (sightseeing mostly). This is a family trip with children (less than 5 years old) so I thought of Perth Zoo, Caversham Wildlife Park - please suggest what else would be good to see in the city / day excursion from city.

Thereafter a couple of us (adults) are planning to extend the trip for another 6 days and drive the Indian Ocean Drive / visit national parks. Please suggest an itenary.

Thank you very much! =)

more
    • Kakadu in beginning of October

Kakadu National Park Jul 23, 2016 at 11:49 PM

Hello, We are thinking on taking Peterpans 3 day 2 night tour in beginning of October to Kakadu. Are all the attractions open? I read in all kinds of places that Jim Jim and Twin Falls are closed during this time or completely dry out

Your opinions please.

more
    • Australia east coast in October - 2.5 weeks

Australia Jul 27, 2016 at 7:04 AM

Hello!

We'll be having 3 weeks to reach from Darwin to Sydney. (not including those cities) during October. Our interests are inclining to national parks and wildlife rather than parties and beaches.

At first I was thinking on flying to Cairns for a few days of diving, maybe do Daintree forest, then drive down south to Brisbane in the time remaining via Whitsundays and Fraser island and maybe here some more tips here..

Later on I began reading that many people prefer the section of Brisbane - Sydney.. therefore the other options is perhaps flying from Cairns to Brisbane after our diving and from there hire a car to Sydney.

I'd love to hear your comments with regards to our time frame..

Thanks,
      Guy

more
    • DaHongHua's Profile Photo

How valid is ETA Visa ? Is booking a domestic flight seat a necessity ?

Melbourne Jul 1, 2016 at 3:40 AM

1. I applied for the ETA Visa for 2 Malaysian International Passport, the approval was fast, after only 30 minutes, I received the reply email given to us a simple reference number for the ETA Visa approval. Any member from ETA eligible nations know how reliable the ETA Visa approval is ?
      2. I booked Tigerair for 11 Oct 2016 domestic flight Sydney to Melbourne on 30 March, I did not book the seat until today. Today I login again, I found no one book the seat as all 30 rows of seat are all available. Is booking a domestic flight seat a necessity ? Tigerair charge A$5 per seat for standard seat.
      Thank you.

more
    • Perth weather

Perth Jul 27, 2016 at 11:01 AM

Hi everyone,
      Me and my girlfriend are traveling to Perth on the 31st of August till the 18th of September for my birthday. we have already booked everything but as we was looking at things to do there I seen a few people saying that the weather wasn't too good that time! My question is bearin mind that I live in the uk will the weather be good enough for beaches, swimming, sunbathing etc and what temperature will it be just so we know not to pack the suit cases full of light summer clothes which we have just bought?

more
    • Spending Money - 3 months (Australia)

Australia Jul 21, 2016 at 6:37 AM

Hi All

Looking to do the east coast of Australia for 3 months
      Would like to do some small activities such as, aquarium, wildlife park, surf lessons– and also looking to do the 3 day tours to Fraser island ect.
      Not a big drinker so I wouldn’t really be going out drinking
      I’m going to buy my greyhound pass and all flight before arrival
      Accommodation – backpacking hostels
      Looking to start in Sydney and stop in all the usual place up until cairns

Would be great to get a rough idea on how much it would be per month!

Thanks !
      Sheridan

more
    • margsch's Profile Photo

Interstate visitor with Seniors Card

Sydney Yesterday

I will fly into Mascot and catch the train to Central. For getting around Sydney do I need to buy an opalcard seeing I only have 3 days or is the Seniors day pass different? Where do i buy the ticket I need? If I do buy an opal card for seniors do i validate every time I board or disembark from a train/tram?

many thanks.

more
    • Australia trip / spending money

Australia Jul 8, 2016 at 3:59 AM

Hi all happy travellers, I'm travelling to Australia at the end of the year and just wondered how much spending money I would need to take. I'm thinking if I allocate so much per day? no idea what the cost of living is....advice greatly appreciated

more
    • Wine Tasting in/near Sydney

Sydney Jul 26, 2016 at 6:05 PM

We are traveling to Sydney for 5 days arriving Aug 3. We would like to do some wine tasting and are interested in areas for day trips by car or train/bus. We do not like the tours as they try to get you to buy at their specific tasting rooms, gift shops, candy shops, etc. We would appreciate any suggestions for wine tasting areas. We do have a driver who will not be drinking unless someone can suggest where we can also find a driver. We are looking for quality wines that we can purchase for shipping home.

more
    • aussirose's Profile Photo

Big Sydney Meet in October - Are you coming?

Sydney Jul 1, 2016 at 3:08 AM

Hey all. Well it's only 3 months until the next Aussie meet, this time in Sydney - early October. Numbers this year have fallen. I guess that is because of the current economical climate and declining regulars here on VT.
      So now we have 21 signed up. We are excited to have vt'ers from Florida, UK and Malaysia join us! And we are equally excited to show you guys around :o)
      Second part of the meet is the first ever VT Cruise. We will be sailing out of the stunning Sydney Harbour early morning on the Cruise ship, Carnival Spirit for an 8 night cruise to the islands of the South Pacific. Imagine a bunch of fun loving VT'ers on a Cruise ship...... ok..... you can stop imagining now.... lol ;o)
      We have 11 signed up for that which is a fine crowd :o)
      Ok.... my question is...... Are you thinking of joining us?
      If so, we would like for you to think seriously about this and let me know for the Sydney bit and TheTravelSlut know for the cruise bit. Gauging from your responses, we will then make some final decisions in relation to day trips and costs etc.
      So I guess you have been itching to see the links with all the info? ...
      VT Meeting
      VT Meeting
      Cheers,
      Ann :o)

more
    • bzulu67's Profile Photo

Planning a solo holiday from the beginning of November 2016.

Australia Jul 5, 2016 at 4:57 AM

Hi all,
      Planning to fly Manchester UK to Dubai and stay 3 nights.
      Fly Dubai to Cairns and stay 4 nights.
      Fly Cairns to Sydney and stay 6 nights.
      Fly Sydney to Bangkok and stay 3 nights.
      Fly Bangkok back home to Manchester.
      Are the number of nights shown enough to see the most popular sights and would you consider it worthwhile to include Darwin in the itinerary?

Thank you,
      Keith

more
    • hotels accommodation in melbourne for family

Melbourne Jul 1, 2016 at 9:14 PM

we are coming on a shoe string budget and will spend 4 nights in Melbourne. Can you pl. suggest some decent accommodation which is not expensive

more