change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• mayasmin's Profile Photo

Exhibits available in the Museum of Romanian Peasant

Bucharest Nov 13, 2016 at 6:01 AM

It seems that some of the permanent exhibit halls of the Romanian Peasant Museum/Muzeul National al Taranului Roman are closed this month during our visit. Are the open-air exhibits, which include the wooden church, open during the museum's closure? How about the wooden mill? Thank you so much for any information. Trying to figure out if we should still visit the museum.

more
    • Vira_111's Profile Photo

Schengen or Eu

Romania Dec 1, 2016 at 3:28 AM

Hello, Romania is member of Schengen or EU?

more

Popular Judetul Maramures Travel Answer Locations

• How can I get to Sapanta

Sãpânta Oct 19, 2015 at 10:51 AM

I would love to see Sapanta Merry Cemetery next week -- I was think of travelling to Debrecen on the weekend, then go on to Sapanta on Sunday or Monday. Do I need to stay overnight in a larger city like Baia Mare or Sighetu and then is there a bus to Sapanta? I would stay overnight there if I have to (or back to another town or city) and then head right back to Debrecen.

7 Answers Oct 20, 2015 at 12:20 PM
    • Maramures, Romania

Judetul Maramures Mar 25, 2015 at 12:58 PM

Hello all, I am thinking of visiting Romania for the second time. I visited Bucharest, Sibiu, Sighasoara (sp) and Brasov the first time. I was interested in visiting the Maramures area during this visit (as well as back to Brasov since it was only a short time there). Can anyone provide tips for visiting this area? I plan on getting a guide for us. But wondering if certain town/villages are better for tourists than others. We are interested in history and culture, so anything such as the fortified churches, castles, arts/crafts and music are top of our list. Also for consideration is travel time. I myself would prefer not to be many hours in a car on rutted roads but spending several hours on a train is not an issue.

Anything that can be provided on this or the Saxon triangle is greatly appreciated!

6 Answers May 31, 2015 at 4:22 PM
    • Crossing to Solotvino

Judetul Maramures Feb 2, 2008 at 6:35 PM

Im sorry to ask this,
      but I have to make sure because people are telling me different things?
      Is the nearest crossing Solotvino or rakhiv?
      What can I believe?

Anyway can I walk over the bridge from Sighet to Solotvino? or can I only cross by vehicle (car or bus etc)
      Is it easy, does anyone know how long it takes?
      Is there any Hotels in Solotvino?
      Thank You!

5 Answers Mar 26, 2015 at 11:23 AM
    • Maramures Border Crossing/Folk Festival

Judetul Maramures Feb 27, 2007 at 7:55 PM

Can anyone tell me if there is a border crossing from Ukraine into Maramures and if so the names of the crossing from both sides. Is it open to foreigners and are there limited hours.

i read of a folk festival in Botiza the weekend of aug 18 and 19 - is there any way to confirm this?

helene

1 Answer Feb 28, 2007 at 3:53 AM
    • Recommendations for good quality "Home Stays" in Maramures and other traditional areas

Judetul Maramures Jan 31, 2007 at 8:30 AM

My wife and I travelling to Romania (my parents came from there early last century) for three weeks in May and June and we are trying to find information on "Home Stays," or accommodations in private homes where one can experience the traditional life style, food, and hospitality of the people better than in a hotel. We are in our sixties and would want to have reasonable comfort and convenience, if possible. We plan to travel in Maramures and other traditional regions of the country.

3 Answers Feb 8, 2007 at 7:50 AM
    • solecf's Profile Photo

accommodation in Maramures

Judetul Maramures Aug 24, 2004 at 6:00 AM

Hi, Iam trying to find some cheap accommodation somewhere in Maramures. My idea is to go to the Cementery and visit around, maybe by getting some tour because i say around there you need a car. But i cant find any cheap accommodation, and i saw few home accommodation but they seems to be far away from everything!!! i need somewhere where i can arrive by train (coming from Cluj) and somewhere where i can take a train/bus to the cementery and the village thanksssssss

5 Answers Dec 8, 2006 at 2:24 AM