Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Hnag out and make new friends

by PedroP28 Online Now Sep 18, 2016 at 6:33 PM

Sep 20 - Oct 3 (13 nights)
      1 traveler
      Hi guys
      How are you?

I ll go to Kruger Park in 25 and 26. Someone want to share the car?( i dont know how to drive because is diferrent comparing with brasil)
      I'm going alone in my first time to come to Africa!Long time that i wanted but only now my money and my work allow me. I really want to get into the spirit of Africa xD
      It would be great if someone could show me the city or only hang out.
      My trip is to meet the safaris and the african and boerer culture and travel around the states. I love meeting people and learning their cultures and lifestyles talk with local
      i am extremely excited to arrive in the city!!!!
      Waiting for your hospitality :)

more
    • garos's Profile Photo

2 day iterinary inand around Johannasberg

by garos Online Now Sep 7, 2016 at 12:49 PM

hi,

I will be in Johannesburg for just 2 days in the middle of September 16,

Can any one suggest veterinary for 2 days on the 2nd day Leave to cape Town at 20.00 hrs.

Sine I will cover full stretch Animal safari In Kenya I have no plans of goings to Pilensberg or Kruger Park

Pl suggest 2 day itinerary in J'berg

Thank you

more

Near Johannesburg

• Hnag out and make new friends

by PedroP28 Online Now Sep 18, 2016 at 6:33 PM

Sep 20 - Oct 3 (13 nights)
      1 traveler
      Hi guys
      How are you?

I ll go to Kruger Park in 25 and 26. Someone want to share the car?( i dont know how to drive because is diferrent comparing with brasil)
      I'm going alone in my first time to come to Africa!Long time that i wanted but only now my money and my work allow me. I really want to get into the spirit of Africa xD
      It would be great if someone could show me the city or only hang out.
      My trip is to meet the safaris and the african and boerer culture and travel around the states. I love meeting people and learning their cultures and lifestyles talk with local
      i am extremely excited to arrive in the city!!!!
      Waiting for your hospitality :)

1 Answer Sep 18, 2016 at 10:42 PM
    • 2 day iterinary inand around Johannasberg

by garos Online Now Sep 7, 2016 at 12:49 PM

hi,

I will be in Johannesburg for just 2 days in the middle of September 16,

Can any one suggest veterinary for 2 days on the 2nd day Leave to cape Town at 20.00 hrs.

Sine I will cover full stretch Animal safari In Kenya I have no plans of goings to Pilensberg or Kruger Park

Pl suggest 2 day itinerary in J'berg

Thank you

2 Answers Sep 7, 2016 at 2:24 PM
    • transit from Joberg out to caves

by sarahbayle Online Now Jul 31, 2016 at 10:37 AM

I won't have a car in Joberg and am considering going to the Cradle of Humankind Sterkfontein Caves. Is it easy enough to get out there via a mini taxi or ??? If I get on a tour it seems I end up spending top dollar just to get there and can go through the caves with a tour guide already at the spot. I want to squeeze in the Aparteid Museum and the hop on hop off bus tour and the caves in one day.
      Any input?
      thanks-

1 Answer Aug 2, 2016 at 1:13 AM
    • Mid night travel from ORJohannesburg airport to City Centre

by RexBM Online Now Jun 4, 2016 at 12:16 PM

Friends,

I will be arriving in the mid night at 1 pm. of September 19th at OR Johannesburg airport from Nairobi.

Is it safe to travel in the mid night night in Johannesburg and which is the economical and best transport to City Centre .

Does the special bus Rea vyaa bus operates in the night time also .
      Kindly inform Pl.
      .Thanking you in advance.

3 Answers Jul 6, 2016 at 7:53 AM
    • Mid night travel from ORJohannesburg airport to City Centre

by RexBM Online Now Jun 4, 2016 at 12:16 PM

Friends,

I will be arriving in the mid night at 1 pm. of September 19th at OR Johannesburg airport from Nairobi.

Is it safe to travel in the mid night night in Johannesburg and which is the economical and best transport to City Centre .

Does the special bus Rea vyaa bus operates in the night time also .
      Kindly inform Pl.
      .Thanking you in advance.

2 Answers Jun 4, 2016 at 12:30 PM
    • Travel from Air port to city

by RexBM Online Now May 18, 2016 at 11:51 AM

Hello,

What are all the modes of transport available from JOHANNESBURG airport to City center

in the middle of the night.
      My flight lands at about 00.15 Hrs in JOHANNESBURG airport,
      Which transport is economical and safe. I am told that Goutrain does not operate in night .
      Any metro bus or local MRT train.
      Thanx in Advance

15 Answers Aug 13, 2016 at 5:18 AM
    • Which city better to visiit

by RexBM Online Now May 17, 2016 at 5:02 AM

Hi,
      I will be visiting Kenya 2016 September and wish to come to South Africa fro 3-4 days
      Which is the one city that offers maximum of tourist attractions with in South Africa.
      Pl. inform me
      Thanx

6 Answers Aug 28, 2016 at 2:19 AM
    • Prices at Constitution hill

by jeanetteswart Online Now Apr 13, 2016 at 5:50 AM

Does anybody know the current entrance fee at Constitution Hill?

1 Answer Apr 13, 2016 at 6:33 AM
    • General Safety in Johannesburg City

by KaranH Online Now Mar 15, 2016 at 4:06 AM

This would be my first time travelling to Johannesburg. I will be going there on a business trip at the end of this month. Is personal safety a concern for a foreigner (I am an Indian so I will easily look one) on the streets of Johannesburg? Can I safely go around the city visiting different offices during the day and malls/restaurants during the evenings and nights all by myself?

8 Answers Mar 23, 2016 at 2:03 PM
    • Kruger National Park

by Shanmugavadivel Online Now Dec 9, 2015 at 10:23 AM

I am planning to visit S Africa for the first time with my wife. I plan to stay there for a week. Would love to have a safari trip for 3 days. And see the sights in Johannesburg.. Can someone guide me on how to get the best option?
      Thanks in advance.

4 Answers Jan 13, 2016 at 11:22 AM
    • Food Markets

by HardusD Online Now Nov 6, 2015 at 12:24 AM

Hi there,
      Does anyone know of any good farmers/food markets in Johannesburg or Pretoria?

Much appreciated,

5 Answers Nov 16, 2015 at 9:30 AM
    • What to pack. Can I wear shorts and white pants in August in Johannesburg?

by debpicks27 Online Now Aug 17, 2015 at 4:27 PM

I will be visitng friends and family at the end of August and have checked the weather forecast. It calls for highs right around 80 degrees farenheit or above and lows around 50.

Last time I visited in August, I saw women wearing long sleeves and pants, dark colors, sweaters and boots! I will boil to death in those clothes. Can I wear shorts without looking ridiculous? Can I wear white jeans, capris or shorts? Leaving very soon and would love some fashion/packing advice.

Help!

4 Answers Aug 18, 2015 at 2:05 AM
    • safe areas ?

by utsavparekh Online Now Jul 28, 2015 at 7:38 AM

hi can anyone guide to me. i m planning to settle down in johannesburg in 2 month only. which are the areas safe to live and to find job. ?

2 Answers Jul 28, 2015 at 2:18 PM
    • KakapoTheParrot's Profile Photo

Johannesburg airport taxi

by KakapoTheParrot Online Now Jul 22, 2015 at 4:25 AM

We're booked into a hotel close to OR Tambo this weekend prior to a tour. I'd expected to ask the hotel to provide help with a taxi/shuttle but I'm getting no response from them.
      If we need a taxi from the airport does anyone have any advice or suggestions on taxi firms to use for a pre-booked car? I'll be with my wife and daughter so safety is more important than lowest price.

1 Answer Jul 22, 2015 at 4:58 AM
    • 2days in j Burg

by AlixH Online Now Jul 14, 2015 at 11:47 AM

I have 2 days in Johannesburg and was wondering what to do other than see animals or go to cape town

5 Answers Jul 21, 2015 at 6:02 AM
    • shopping in Johannesburg

by AlixH Online Now Jul 12, 2015 at 6:33 AM

Where is there good safe shopping and walking around in johannesburg

9 Answers Jul 13, 2015 at 10:16 AM
    • mvaseem's Profile Photo

Sightseeing

by mvaseem Online Now Jun 25, 2015 at 7:35 PM

Planned to visit Joberg in September with wife for 3 days. Would like to know what to see here and how. Should I take tour operator or self drive.

Thanks in advance for your assistance

6 Answers Jun 26, 2015 at 7:36 PM
    • Traveling near the Joburg

by whitecross Online Now Jun 19, 2015 at 3:17 AM

Hi.

Could you help.
      What is the best way to get a Wonder Cave, Aerial Cableway Hartbeespoort and Rhino&Lion Park?

I have business trip in Joburg for one month. Therefore I don't have a car.
      I like to travel by train.
      Maybe somebody would like to visit mentioned above places and I can join as a passenger.

1 Answer Jun 19, 2015 at 6:07 AM
    • cochinjew's Profile Photo

24 hours in JoBurg

by cochinjew Online Now Mar 5, 2015 at 1:19 AM

Arriving on 28 May at 7 10 am on an International flight (from Europe) and then leaving on 29th May to Asia. Would appreciate any help regarding such a short stay in JNB. Of course one hears about the crime etc in RSA. Stay near the airport? take the Gauteng Train to Sandton? or fly off to CPT where I have friends? Muito Obrigado.

7 Answers May 12, 2015 at 1:15 PM
    • best area to stay

by JudyGirl50 Online Now Dec 12, 2014 at 7:46 PM

Hi, we will be visiting JNB in late January or early February 2015 for about five days. We are looking at hotels in the Sandton area - is this a good/ best ? area to stay in ? We expect to do some sightseeing and want to know what are the best things to see for first time visitors as well. Also what is the best/ reasonable price transportation from JNB to the Sandton hotel area ? Willing to take train or taxi. Thanks. Judy (from New York).

3 Answers Dec 15, 2014 at 3:21 PM
    • Bhoomi's Profile Photo

Where to stop over from suncity to Cape Town

by Bhoomi Online Now Nov 11, 2014 at 5:06 AM

Hi, we r a group of 4 traveling from Sun city to Cape Town. I wanted to know where to stop over and sleep the night off! Where is the best place?

3 Answers Nov 12, 2014 at 12:43 AM
    • Adults with Autism

by awakava Online Now Sep 30, 2014 at 1:33 AM

Hi, we have 20 residential adults with autism that we would like to various activities over the Xmas holidays, our budget is limited, what can you suggest?
      Thanks
      Deborah

2 Answers Nov 12, 2014 at 7:31 AM
    • Deet in JoBurg?

by LonnieC Online Now Aug 16, 2014 at 10:20 AM

Is it necessary to pack Deet for use in Joburg?

3 Answers Aug 16, 2014 at 3:36 PM
    • Places from Photographs

by Jason923 Online Now Aug 2, 2014 at 10:32 AM

Hey everybody,

I need some help. I have these pictures, but I do not recall where exactly they have been taken. I have some clues, but I want to know exactly. I will send you the links for them - would you help me?

I am grateful for every hint I can get from you.

Pic 1:

directupload.net/file/d/3702...

Pic 2:

Pic 3:

Pic 4:

Pic 5:

Pic 6:

Pic 7:

I think they are all taken in the area of Johannesburg, but I am not sure about that. That is all I know.

Thank you for your help!

5 Answers Aug 15, 2014 at 7:18 AM
    • DeepanKalra's Profile Photo

cab from Johannesburg Airport int'l to SUNCITY RESORT

by DeepanKalra Online Now Jul 16, 2014 at 9:19 AM

I WANT TO TAKE A CAB TO SUNCITY RESORT FROM JOHANNESBURG AIRPORT, WHAT WILL BE THE COST. IS THERE ANY PUBLIC TRANSPORT ( BUS OR TRAIN) FOR THAT

2 Answers Jul 17, 2014 at 12:39 PM
    • Spending Money

by ozzieozzie Online Now Jul 14, 2014 at 3:30 AM

Am travelling to Johannesburg for three weeks. How much spending money would I need - no accommodation or car hire so purely eating out (not takeaways), souvenirs and some cloths shopping? Was thinking R20000, but really not sure? Any help would be much appreciated!

2 Answers Jul 14, 2014 at 8:51 AM
    • travel from Johannesburg to Pretoria

by nancyliul Online Now Jul 7, 2014 at 2:23 AM

How can I travel to Pretoria from Johannesburg? and how to take a taxi

2 Answers Jul 17, 2014 at 12:47 PM
    • Hotel & short tour JNB

by Gpryal Online Now Jul 6, 2014 at 5:29 PM

I will be arriving on an international flight & departing 24 hours on another international flight, arrival & departure mid-day. Do you think 2 hrs is enough for Apartheid Museum or recommend another short morning tour? Any hotel recommendations - I prefer to avoid the large, American-style chain hotels when possible.

2 Answers Jul 7, 2014 at 12:42 AM
    • Flying solo (female) to JNB Advice

by Wildlife123 Online Now Jun 21, 2014 at 12:54 AM

I'll be flying alone to meet my boyfriend who is also travelling alone (we currently live in different states and the cost to travel together was >$600). He'll be meeting me at the airport. I don't know if this matters at all but I want to give the full picture (I know of the apartheid reversal that can be present in johannesburg so..) I'm a Caucasian female and he is an African male. 

I'm really concerned reading these safety post regarding johannesburg

I'll be arriving at JNB airport ? That's what my itinerary says via Ethiopian air 

Please tell me everything I need to know 

3 Answers Jun 21, 2014 at 1:43 PM
    • transportation

by Jozetteinjozi Online Now May 31, 2014 at 1:16 AM

I would like to go by train and bus from Sandton to Newtown. What should I use? I can take the Gautrain till the city station in CBD then what should i take to Newtown? Bus or Metrorail? What is the difference between VeaRaya and metro bus?
      Thanks.