change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• vpas's Profile Photo

What can I do in and around Turku?

Finland Sep 25, 2016 at 11:33 AM

I arrive on Saturday morning in Helsinki in the third week of October from tallinn by ferry. After a quick city tour, I head to Turku by bus.
      Sunday i am free.( Monday I have some work there. I can post phone the Monday work to Tuesday if required )
      I leave back to Helsinki on Wednesday night to take an early morning flight back home.
      So what can I do for two days in Turku? Any day trips from Turku to nearby places ?

more
    • mamawinnie's Profile Photo

Wildlife in and around oulu.

Oulu Sep 4, 2016 at 12:58 PM

Hi all, I'm visiting my son in november at oulu university. Hoping to have a few trips out. Are there any places around oulu where we can see wolves ? I'm not sure at all what wildlife we can see if any. Will it have snowed in november? If so are there husky sledges ? What alse do you recommend?

more
    • scoobydoofast's Profile Photo

Where's the best place to get a bike?

Oulu Sep 9, 2016 at 9:04 AM

Hi all,

I've just started an exchange at OAMK, and I have missed out on getting a bike because I thought I didn't need one. Silly me! Now, is there anywhere around Oulu where I can get a bike for around 40€-50€, second hand if necessary?

Thanks,
      Ryan

(Also, Hi to my mother who posted the question below me!)

more
    • vpas's Profile Photo

What can I do in and around Turku?

Finland Sep 25, 2016 at 11:33 AM

I arrive on Saturday morning in Helsinki in the third week of October from tallinn by ferry. After a quick city tour, I head to Turku by bus.
      Sunday i am free.( Monday I have some work there. I can post phone the Monday work to Tuesday if required )
      I leave back to Helsinki on Wednesday night to take an early morning flight back home.
      So what can I do for two days in Turku? Any day trips from Turku to nearby places ?

more
    • travelthrough's Profile Photo

Rovaniemi - Christmas attractions & expenses

Finland Sep 6, 2016 at 10:18 AM

Hey guys,

I am considering visiting Rovaniemi this winter to visit the Christmas attractions.

I have some questions regarding your experiences with this destination:

1. Is it very cold - bitter cold - in winter or bearable to go outside?
      2. How well can the attractions (Santa Clause Village and cave) be reached by public transport ? (expenses?)
      3. What is the cheapest and recommended offer to do a husky or reindeer sledge ride in the snow? I only saw prices from 200 Euros upwards. Are there any cheaper offers?

Thank you for your responses and help!

Kind regards,
      travelthrough

more
    • chriso1969's Profile Photo

Northern lights

Finland Sep 5, 2016 at 1:42 PM

Can anybody tell me the best place to see the northern lights in Finland?

more
    • samra40's Profile Photo

From Joensuu North by Train

by samra40 Online Now May 9, 2008 at 12:44 PM

Hi,

Can someone please tell me what is the best way to go from Joensuu Northward by train, preferably a night train? I want to go to cross the border and go to Narvik in Norway. I understand that I need to take a bus or Ferry(?) around Kemi. I have seen schedule of trains arriving in Joensuu, but not departing to go north. I will be traveling June 5-9, then heading to Oslo, where I must be on June 12.

Thanks for your help. I will be traveling alone and this is my first trip traveling with a Eurail pass in Europe, so every help is appreciated.

Also, any suggestion of budget accomodations along the way are welcome.

Thanks,

Iara

8 Answers May 17, 2008 at 12:44 AM