Jinhua

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• louguantai wildlife rescue center

Xi'an Aug 28, 2016 at 4:35 PM

We will be in Xian for 3 days in early September. We would like to see the pandas at the louguantai wildlife rescue center. When we were Xian last year the center was temporarily closed. Does anyone know if it is now open. If it is what is the best way to get there and if by bus what bus. Any other information on the wildlife rescue center will be appreciated.

Thanks

more
    • Bus transportation from Harbin to Vladivostok

China Aug 1, 2016 at 8:30 AM

Hi, can anyone confirm the bus route from Harbin to Vladivostok?. I will be in Harbin this October before i continue my trip on the Tran Siberian Railway to Moscow. I very much prefer to start my TSR journey from Vladivostok than from Beijing. Can somebody help me to confirm whether the bus still running. Thanks

more
    • How to get to Corners Deli

Guangzhou Aug 3, 2016 at 6:49 PM

Hi I will be staying at the Crowne Plaza.
      I am staying close to the Taojin subway
      I want to go to Corners Deli, how would I go there by subway?

more
    • first bus to huaihua

Huaihua Aug 19, 2016 at 10:14 AM

what time is the first bus going to huaihua? how long is the trip?

more
    • Kokid08's Profile Photo

Men's Clothing and Beer

Shanghai Shi Yesterday

Question #2: Is it appropriate for men to wear shorts in China and can beer be purchased in local stores for hotel consumption? Is the alcohol government regulated?
      Thank you,
      Ken

more
    • ohaiyo's Profile Photo

Yangshuo, Huangyao, and Li River cruise

Guilin Aug 23, 2016 at 8:54 PM

Hi,

I will be in Guilin in late December. I have heard that the water in Li River may be low at that time of year and that the cruise will only go from Daxu to Yangdi and will not go all the way to Xingping, therefore, skipping the most beautiful part of the Li River. Is there an alternative to go down the Li River other than being on the big river boats when the water is low? Is Yangshuo worth staying for a night or two or should I just go there on a day trip from Guilin? I want to go to Huangyao. How do I go there from Guilin? How long is the bus ride? Could I do it as a day trip or should I stay there overnight? Thanks

more
    • LeandroPires's Profile Photo

Itinerary help.

China Aug 4, 2016 at 9:06 AM

Hello everyone!

I've bought tickets to China from Jan 3rd to 16th, arriving in Peking and leaving China from Shanghai.

My first idea about itinerary was spending 4 days in Peking, taking a night train to Xi'an, staying there for 2 days, then train (or flying) to Hangzhou for 2 days, 2 in Suzhou and 3 in Shanghai (all those cities in trains).

However, I really thing it's gonna be kinda busy, specially considering it's gonna be winter and I won't be traveling really light.

What I really wanted, apart from visiting Peking and Shanghai, is to visit some other less touristic places, a "traditional China". Xi'an seems to be cool due to the Terracota warriors so probably it's an important place to be included in my trip. All other places, I'm confused if it's worth it visiting or not.

Hangzhou seems to be beautiful, but it's gonna be winter, not sure if visiting this city makes more sense in summer or spring.

In Suzhou I loved the canals in Zhouzhuang or Xitang and wanted to visit one of them.

To make it even more complicated, other places that I didn't consider visiting seems to be really nice. The old town of Lijiang seems to be exactly what I meant as "traditional China", but it's so far away and getting from Xi'an to this city seems to be complicated. Guangzhou seems to be really nice as well, but also far away and probably "one more big city".

So my question is: What would you do? I know this question is kinda hard to answer, but some ideas would be great to me, would help me a lot.

As an information, I've been to HK couple of times already, that's why it's not part of my plans.

Thank you a lot in advance!

more
    • Kokid08's Profile Photo

Tamron Lens

Shanghai Shi Aug 27, 2016 at 11:01 AM

Am interested in purchasing a Tamron Lens for my Canon T5i but am hesitant because of the warnings of electronics stores in Shanghai. How do I verify the store & merchandise prior to purchase? Am I being too cautious?
      Thanks,
      Ken

more
    • stoowie's Profile Photo

Ancient Water Towns

Shanghai Aug 20, 2016 at 4:02 AM

I have a few extra days to spend in Shanghai and would like to know what ancient water towns to visit. Looking to visit the ones that are not over run with tourists.
      Thank you

more
    • mancron's Profile Photo

daily allowance

Changchun Aug 28, 2016 at 3:51 PM

I am moving to Changchun on 21st sept to teach for 1yr, can anyone tell me what rmb I can live comfortably on a daily basis pls.
      Much obliged
      Ron

more
    • Is Jinhua an expensive place to live?

by DavidM198 Online Now Sep 1, 2014 at 7:09 PM

I am considering taking a job that will have me staying in Jinhua for a period of between 10 and 12 months. I will be going with my 2 daughters and may have one other person living with us. My question is for a family of 4 to 5 people, what can I expect my average monthly food costs to be. I am not planning to eat a lot but more getting groceries and coming home to prepare them.
      I do have one other question if you don't mind. Taking my daughters (15,11) is there any safety concerns I should be aware of that are different than the ones here in the US. If so, what advice to you give that way.
      Thank you for your time and response.

1 Answer Sep 2, 2014 at 7:48 AM
    • Jinhua??

by ttcdanderson Online Now Jun 8, 2004 at 4:52 AM

Hello, I am a 29 year old female Canadian English teacher thinking of teaching in Jinhua. If anyone has information or suggestion please email me at ttcdanderson@hotmail.com. I would like to have more information on the city? Is it big? Are the people friendly? Do thay have shopping centers and night clubs there? Do they have beaches or lakes to swim in?Anything would be great ! Thanks, Chantal

2 Answers Jun 8, 2004 at 6:35 AM