Jihocesky Kraj

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Prague Transportation

Prague Nov 7, 2016 at 6:20 AM

We shall be visiting Prague for one day on the 11th December 2016 and shall be parking our car at the Palladium shopping mall car park, which is the best way regarding public transport to use to arrive to the Prague castle?

more
    • How is it to visit Prague in winter?

Prague Nov 17, 2016 at 2:57 AM

Please I need your review based on your experiences. Is it worthy to visit Prague in the winter?
      Or I have to plan in the spring/summer?
      If you have visited the city in winter, did you enjoy the the trip? What about the weather, was it good enough to enjoy?

Thank you in advance and have a good day!

more

Popular Jihocesky Kraj Travel Answer Locations

• How long will it take to see the main places of town?

Cesky Krumlov Aug 4, 2016 at 11:54 AM

I am planning to come on bus from Prague (I know it's about 3 hours) and have to be back the same evening,
      1) How long does it take to see the main atractions and points of interest?
      2) Do I need to buy a ticket back when I buy the one on direction to Cesky Krumlov? Or might I stay without a ticket back?
      3) Is the place small enough to tour it by foot?

5 Answers Aug 6, 2016 at 3:27 PM
    • traindave's Profile Photo

Train trip

Ceske Budejovice Jul 31, 2016 at 5:33 AM

I just joined this morning and not sure if I sent this question already, but here goes, I would like some information on the journey by train from prague to Bratislava, myself and my wife are thinking of going via ceske budejovice , Vienna,,,,,, how long is the journey, scenery, places to stop off, general stuff,,,,, we have been to Estonia , Latvia ,Lithuania , Poland , Romania ( brasov very nice ) , hungary , Norway and other countries that escape my memory at the moment, so would gladly try to help with any questions

1 Answer Jul 31, 2016 at 1:07 PM
    • Experience with Budweis Shuttle

Cesky Krumlov Oct 7, 2015 at 2:15 AM

Hi have anybody here experience with taxi company Budweis Shuttle? (http://www.budweis-shuttle.cz/) We will travel to Cesky Krumlov with my family and we need good taxi from airport.

3 Answers Nov 9, 2015 at 7:08 AM
    • Hotels in Prague and Cesky Krumlov

Cesky Krumlov Aug 9, 2015 at 11:59 AM

Hi! We will visit Prague 4 days, and Cesky Krumlov 2days, in october. Could you recommend nice hotels, near the main attractions, preferably with breakfast included and twin beds. A rate between 80 US$ and 120US$ per night would be ok.
      Thank you!

1 Answer Aug 9, 2015 at 12:21 PM
    • Homanded's Profile Photo

Cesky Krumlov to Salzburg - June 15th

Cesky Krumlov Mar 17, 2015 at 5:41 AM

We are traveling to Salzburg from CK and have been trying to figure out pricing and schedules. From what I can find, it seems the private or semi private "Bean Shuttle" is our quickest and most economical option.

beanshuttle.com/en/transfers...

Has anyone used their services? The pre-booked price is 30 Euros per seat or 800 CZK. Their times seem ideal for us as well. If anyone could offer advice or suggestions please?

Thank you in advance, Homer (and Ed)

• Drugness's Profile Photo

Any WWI or WWII memorials/monuments in CB?

Ceske Budejovice Nov 19, 2014 at 11:17 AM

Hello all
      I'll be in CB early in the new year and i'm wondering if there are any memorials, monuments or museums in CB related to the 2 world wars? Maybe there's a small museum hidden somewhere?
      Also, if you can recommend the best pubs in CB, that would be excellent. I'll be there for only 1 night so all advice is much appreciated!
      Take care y'all
      DG

3 Answers Dec 23, 2014 at 8:09 AM
    • Oldest cemetery in Tabor

Tabor Aug 12, 2014 at 5:20 PM

Where would the oldest cemetery be in Tabor? I have relations that left the country in the late 1800's.

2 Answers Aug 12, 2014 at 10:21 PM
    • pritj's Profile Photo

How to get to Cezky Krumlov?

Cesky Krumlov Aug 3, 2014 at 6:22 AM

I really need help because my trip starts on AUG 22nd and I haven t decided about the places to visit yet.
      I ve been searching about Cesky Krumlov and I don t know which one is the best option:
      -1 day tour from Prague (studentagency), since I ll stay 3 days in Prague;
      -After Prague next will be Budapest, then Vienna..I ve been thinking of going to Cesky from Linz ( Linz/Cesky Krumlov, and Cesky Krumlov/Hallstatt).
      Is there any other option? It seems that the acccessibility to CK is not so easy and fast by public transportation.

2 Answers Aug 3, 2014 at 1:47 PM
    • Tourist shops?

Tabor Jun 30, 2014 at 8:56 AM

Does this town have many or any tourist shops in which I could get a piece of merchandise with the city's name on it?

• Will be in Cesky Krumlov in November 2014

Cesky Krumlov Jun 23, 2014 at 6:34 PM

Could anyone advise what temperatures we may expect in Cesky Krumlov in early November 2014.
      Not sure which clothing to pack. Many Thanks in Advance
      Jubeline

6 Answers Jun 24, 2014 at 6:15 AM
    • Weather in Early November 2014

Cesky Krumlov Jun 23, 2014 at 12:15 AM

Could you please advise average temperature for late October early November, as we are not sure how cold it should be.

3 Answers Jun 28, 2014 at 7:26 PM
    • INFORMATION

Cesky Krumlov May 5, 2014 at 12:08 PM

Hi everybody,
      I am student in tourism in France and I will go to Czesk Republic in few days, I have to prepare something about the city Cesky Krumlov that I will comment, do you have some suggestions ?
      I was thinking about an itinerary on the city and its streets, until the castle but I don't know what streets choose...
      Thank you so much for your help !!

• South Bohemia stay

Ceske Budejovice Jan 4, 2014 at 9:27 AM

I am planning a 4 day trip to south Bohemia in May with a stay in Ceske Budejovice and 2 nights in Cesky Krumlov then back to CB before heading back to Prague. Is Ceske Budejovice worth an overnight stay? I would like to make a day trip from CB to Telc or Trebon. What is the best route to get to these 2 towns from CB and is it an easy day trip from CB?

15 Answers Jan 4, 2014 at 3:07 PM
    • Hallstaat to Cesky to Vienna

Cesky Krumlov Dec 11, 2013 at 7:23 AM

We are planning to drive from Hallstatt to Cesky Krumlov (2 nights) to Vienna (4 nights) (stopping at Melk Abbey) then on to Prague (3 nights).
      Does this seem reasonable way/time to do these places?
      Thank you.

3 Answers Dec 12, 2013 at 3:44 AM
    • Bus from Cesky Budejovice to Cesky Krumlov

Cesky Krumlov Aug 26, 2013 at 9:03 AM

We arrive at Cesky Budejovice by train from Vienna. Is it easy to find where the bus to Cesky Krumlov goes from and how often do they run?

2 Answers Aug 28, 2013 at 5:54 AM
    • allan.ho9's Profile Photo

Best views of Cesky Krumlov

Cesky Krumlov Jun 12, 2013 at 12:23 PM

Hello,

I'm travelling to Cesky Krumlov in the middle of September. Can anyone suggest me where is the best place to take photos of the entire city?

Thanks in advance!

5 Answers Jun 29, 2013 at 8:36 PM
    • LeaC17's Profile Photo

Transportation from Berlin to Cesky Krumlov

Cesky Krumlov May 6, 2013 at 11:39 AM

Does anyone know if there is a bus or train from Berlin to Cesky Krumlov and how to book tickets?

1 Answer May 6, 2013 at 11:45 AM
    • tracyskf's Profile Photo

Cesky Krumlov Castle ticket

Cesky Krumlov Jul 31, 2012 at 10:14 AM

Hi

I am trying to buy ticket online for the castle. I have looked at the official website and have some specific questions:
      zamek-ceskykrumlov.eu/tour-r...

I wanted to find out if I buy the Castle Museum ticket, will I also gain access to the routes on Tour 1? Or the only way I get to see Tour 1 route is to buy the ticket for guided tour itself?

On the website it says I can buy Castle Museum + Tower at a discounted rate, but there is no such option on the ticketing portal. What can I see at the Tower and is this a must? Would you advise me to buy ticket on the spot?

Any other helpful tips appreciated!

Thanks! =)

2 Answers Aug 3, 2012 at 1:59 AM
    • diana_renou's Profile Photo

Walk around

Cesky Krumlov May 21, 2012 at 4:23 PM

Hi everybody!! Could you pls tell me how long it takes to walk around the town and the castle, how long it takes to see all of it? I would like to go by bus from Prague (3 hours)arriving 10 AM and to stroll around the old town and castle by 6 or 8 hour and return Prague by the bus which depart from Cesky Krumlov at 7 PM and arrive to Prague at 10 PM.
      If i go back to the town at 7 pm, is it possible to see it's streets iluminated at that time? Many thanks for any help!!

7 Answers May 27, 2012 at 12:23 PM

Sunset

Cesky Krumlov May 21, 2012 at 4:07 PM

Hi!! Could anybody please tell me at what exact time is the sunset in June in Prague? Many thanks for your help!!

5 Answers Jul 31, 2012 at 10:06 AM

Traveling from Munich to Cesky Krumlov

Cesky Krumlov Aug 15, 2011 at 6:04 AM

Hi everybody. I am going from Munich to Prague and I would like to visit Cesky Krumlov in my way to Prague. There is public transportation to go from Munich or Salmburg to Cesky Krumlov? bus or train..not car, because I dont drive and dont have money for a taxi. Many thanks for any advice!!! Diana

3 Answers Aug 16, 2011 at 6:16 AM
    • beebee9's Profile Photo

Cesky Krumlov vs Karlovy Vary

Cesky Krumlov Aug 10, 2011 at 2:52 PM

We will be traveling from Ukraine to Prague and wanted to end our trip on a nice relaxing 1 to 2 days spot. Looking at the map CK and Karlovy Vary arent that close to one another. Which one would you suggest as a better choice and why? Thank you!

10 Answers Aug 16, 2011 at 8:38 AM
    • How long to stay in Cesky Krumlov?

Cesky Krumlov Jul 30, 2011 at 7:41 AM

We will be staying in Budapest, then Vienna and Cesky Krumlov before ending our trip in Prague. How long should we plan for CK vs Vienna? We were thinking 2 nights -- is that enough?

6 Answers Apr 2, 2012 at 3:31 AM
    • hotel near railway station at Cesky budejovic

Ceske Budejovice Jul 29, 2011 at 3:14 AM

Please advise on 3* or 4* hotels preferably to accommodate 3 adults to a room near the main railway station at cesky budejovic

• Traveling from Nuremberg to Cesky Krumlov

Cesky Krumlov Jul 4, 2011 at 7:59 PM

We'll be in Nuremberg Aug 6 and are trying to find transportation to Cesky Krumlov for a 2-night stay and then on to Prague. What is the best mode of transportation (rail, bus, driver)? We are looking at convenience and affordability. Also, if someone could include how long (in hours) the trip? Thanks.

3 Answers Jul 24, 2011 at 6:58 PM
    • cesky krumlov day tour from prague

Cesky Krumlov Jun 18, 2011 at 1:53 AM

Hi, if anyone has done a day tour from prague to cesky, can you tell me if they stop on the way somewhere, or do they just drive straight to Cesky. Also when you get there what happens,do you have lunch first, or sightsee first

1 Answer Jun 18, 2011 at 7:26 AM
    • Musicians/Bands/DJ

Ceske Budejovice May 31, 2011 at 12:49 PM

I am getting married in the Czech Republic next year and my fiance and I are looking for musicians to play at the reception (for the welcome drink) and also a band or DJ for the evening. Our intended venue is Hluboka Castle - can anyone recommend any musicians/bands/DJ in the area or in the Prague (assuming that they are willing to travel).

Many thanks

• Getting from Cesky Krumlov to Frankfurt

Cesky Krumlov Apr 27, 2011 at 6:06 PM

Hi, I'm making this enquiry on behalf of 2 couples, aged in 50's. We're planning to spend 3 nights in Prague in late August and definitely want to visit Cesky Krumlov. We realise that this can be done as a day tour from Prague, but we'd like to stay a tad longer and spend a night there.
      I'm keen to know whether there's a viable and efficient way of getting to Frankfurt from C.K. without having to return to Prague. (I've been looking at trains, buses and even chauffeured cars, but am just getting myself confused!)
      Any suggestions will be gratefully received!

4 Answers Apr 28, 2011 at 6:05 AM
    • Cesky Krumlov or Vienna

Cesky Krumlov Apr 23, 2011 at 7:09 PM

I am travelling from Prague to Salzburg on May 21st and wanted to see either Cesky Krumlov or Vienna on the way.

For Cesky Krumlov - I can take a shuttle van/car from Prague and spend 2-3 hrs in the town before proceeding to Salzburg

For Vienna - I can do a one way tour by bus from Prague to Vienna and in the evening,get on a train from Vienna to Salzburg.

I would have liked to do both but Ican only do one unfortunately -- which one would you recomend any why..

Appreciate your inputs ....

5 Answers Jul 1, 2011 at 8:19 PM
    • Anastasia16's Profile Photo

Hire Car

Cesky Krumlov Sep 6, 2010 at 6:21 PM

I am visitng Prague in october with a friend. I would love to visit some of the villages outside Prague for a day trip (including Cesky Krumlov perhaps). I was hoping we could drive ourselves and have the freedom to stop whereever we want. Can anyone tell me how feasible this is? Are the roads okay? I read that parking can be an issue but not impossible. Am I better to forget the idea and take public transport?

8 Answers Sep 17, 2010 at 7:26 AM