VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Please save any personal content and exchange contact info with other members you’d like to stay in touch with. Thank you for your contributions to the VirtualTourist community.

Travel Answers
Jiangxi Sheng

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• aussiejen's Profile Photo

Travel agent or book myself for domestic flights and river cruise?

China Dec 25, 2016 at 8:43 PM

We will be in Shanghai in early June 2017 and would like to do a Yangtze River cruise from Yichang to Chongqin then fly to Xian for a couple of days then fly back to Shanghai again. Is it feasible to book this myself or does this need to be done through a travel agent and be on a private tour?
      I figure we don't need a tour guide while on the cruise, but is it easy enough to get from end of cruise in Chongqin to airport with maybe a quick look around or trip to the zoo if I just organise a guide/driver myself?

more
    • npg's Profile Photo

Thank you and goodbye

Shanghai Jan 8, 2017 at 3:34 AM

Sad day being told that VT will be coming to a close! I hope I have been able to help travellers to Shanghai and other destinations. Happy and safe travels to you all and to all the VT staff.

more
    • misselisep's Profile Photo

Has anyone here booked a tour in China?

China Dec 20, 2016 at 3:54 PM

I'm planning a big trip to China next year (Beijing, Shanghai, Xi'an and maybe a few others) and I want to book either one big tour or a few smaller tours. I don't know whether to book a private tour (which costs more) or a group tour? I don't think I want to be on a tour bus full of people but am aware of the costs of private tours. I don't think I can travel in this region without a guide, especially as I have zero language skills.

Has anyone had any experience with this? What should I look out for or be concerned about? I'm not really sure where to start.

Also, does anyone know any good value places to book tours? Is it better to wait until i'm there and find them or book from an agent here?? Any help welcome!

more

Popular Jiangxi Sheng Travel Answer Locations

• location of Nanchang zoo

Nanchang Jul 28, 2014 at 4:18 AM

is there a zoo in Nanchang,China ....and how does one get there?

3 Answers Jul 28, 2014 at 2:43 PM
    • yushan

Nanchang Aug 6, 2012 at 3:50 AM

I will be teaching English at Yushan Middle School, please give me some idea of the place & things to see? And what's the pollution like?

Thanks Arthur

2 Answers Aug 6, 2012 at 5:00 PM
    • 4 nights in the area, things to do?

Guilin Jan 19, 2012 at 6:51 PM

Sure doesn't seem to be a lot of posts on Guilin but I'm hoping someone out there can lend some advice as to what to do and see if we go there.
      We are taking a train from Chongqing to Guilin the first part of March. Or at least think that's what we want to do at this time.
      We are looking for help in determining if it's worth going there this time of year and if so what we should be sure to do and see. We have four nights for the area and really like bike riding and hiking. The only thing that seems to be discouraging us is the weather that time of year doesn't seem to be very good.
      Can anyone lend some help in what would be good to do and see or would anyone have any other ideas for spending four days. We need to be in Guangzhou on the 6th of March but from the 1st to the 6th we're open.
      Thanks to all that can help. Safe travels,

6 Answers Feb 29, 2012 at 7:11 PM
    • Li river cruise

Guilin Dec 18, 2011 at 8:09 AM

Hi, I am planning to be in Guilin on January, and I wonder if I could take a cruise on the Li River to Yangshuo. Is it possible or it's too cold at this season and the river might be frozen?
      How can I return from Yangshuo to Guilin after the cruise? Is it worth it?

6 Answers Jan 21, 2012 at 5:33 AM
    • Railway Station to Hotel

Jinggangshan Nov 2, 2011 at 8:08 PM

If I travel by train from Jian to Jinggangshan, how far is the railway station from Eden Plaza hotel. How do I go from the railway station to the hotel?

1 Answer Nov 4, 2011 at 5:52 AM
    • Shan Ching Shan

Jiangxi Sheng Mar 28, 2011 at 3:45 AM

hello, all VTs...

may I know how to go to Shan Ching Shan (三清三)? It has fantastic mountain landscapes.

Thanks.

3 Answers Apr 8, 2011 at 6:53 PM
    • pepemorris11's Profile Photo

30 March to 12 april in fujien and jiangzi provinces

Jiangxi Sheng Mar 16, 2010 at 6:09 AM

I shall be leaving for these 2 provinces end march and covering Xiamen, Nanchang,Lushan, Jiujiang, Jingdezhen, Wuyuan, San Qing San, Yingtang, Mt Longhu Yingtan, Wuyishan and back to Xiamen. Although it is a conducted tour, I would appreciate information on the weather so that i will know how to pack.
      1) What would the temperature be like espec since so many of the areass are mountain spots?
      2) Any special local food to try and where?
      3) anywhere where locals would go and which tour guides will never take us or dont even know of in terms of restaurants and shopping or off the beaten track areas. many thanks

3 Answers Mar 31, 2010 at 6:32 AM
    • chinarules

Jingdezhen Jan 8, 2010 at 10:13 AM

why cant residents from jingdezhen get or have passports. ? can anybody answer this question? and if they can how?

4 Answers Jan 11, 2010 at 2:19 PM
    • chad-roscoe's Profile Photo

Nanchang: Gloria Grand Hotel

Jiangxi Sheng Nov 15, 2009 at 8:50 PM

Hiya~
      Has anyone stayed here? I'm heading here in December on an adoption trip. I keep reading that it is smokey, which worries me because I have asthma. Any advice on a room to choose if given the choice?
      It says on their website that they have broadband now. Does anyone know anything about it? I'm a Prof., so, sadly, in addition to adopting my daughter I'll be using nap-time to post final grades online, and need good internet. I plan to bring my laptop.
      Thanks!
      Dianne

3 Answers Nov 18, 2009 at 11:14 AM
    • Anyone know Ji'An or Ji Shui in Jiangxi?

Jiangxi Sheng Jan 9, 2009 at 5:58 PM

Hi,

My name is Kim and I am the mom to a daughter adopted from Jiangxi. As she gets older I would like to be able to tell her more about her place of birth.

I would love to hear from anyone that knows anything about either Ji'An or Ji Shui.
      Many thanks.

• hong kong-shen zhen-shao yang-gui lin

Shaoyang Sep 24, 2008 at 10:00 PM

Hi all.

I'm wanting to travel from hong kong to gui lin and then air asia to KL. my plan is to leave hk, stay 1 night in shen zhen shopping, then overnight bus to shao yang. stay there for 3 nights, then i would like to take the li river boat to gui lin... this is where i'm confused, it appears as though there is no cruises from shao yang to gui lin.

anybody know otherwise?
      if there is no cruise from shaoyang to gui lin, am i able to somehow still see the limestones on the way if i get a bus from shaoyang to guilin?
      anybody know times for cruises/bus arriving in guilin (so i can match up with flight)

thanks in advance.

5 Answers Nov 10, 2008 at 7:19 PM
    • Farang01's Profile Photo

Visiting June 08 for a year

Xinyu May 2, 2008 at 4:45 AM

I am moving to Xinyu near Nanchang for a year to work and I am interested in getting a local guide that could help me get settled, show me the best shopping, how to do the tourist things (such as the lakes area visit), and all the things I don't know about the place. I am am American engineer working worldwide, but based in Bangkok since 1999. You can email me privately at farang@ji-net.com or reply here.

• claude-andre's Profile Photo

Accomadation and attractions

Jiangxi Sheng Sep 29, 2007 at 2:35 AM

Does anybody know hotels in Longnan or in Dingnan (south jiangxi)?
      Is Dingnan worth a visit?

Thanks in advance

1 Answer Sep 30, 2007 at 8:11 AM
    • piglet36's Profile Photo

Anyone heading to Ganzhou soon?

Ganzhou Nov 5, 2006 at 2:42 AM

Ganzhou in Jiangxi Province?? I live in New Zealand but have an adopted daughter who was found at an address in Ganzhou. I would love someone to take a photo of her finding place (I have the exact address)any offers? Also we plan to visit there one day, anyone taken train fron Nanchang?

6 Answers May 30, 2007 at 4:56 AM
    • Things to see or do in Nanchang?

Nanchang Oct 3, 2006 at 10:38 PM

For a first-time visitor, what are the must-see, must-do & must-eat at Nanchang? Thanks.

5 Answers Jun 5, 2012 at 10:57 PM
    • Things to see or do in Nanchang?

Nanchang Oct 3, 2006 at 9:32 PM

For a first-time visitor, what are the must-see, must-do & must-eat at Nanchang? Thanks.

1 Answer May 2, 2008 at 4:17 AM
    • university near Jiao Qiao police station?

Nanchang Sep 3, 2006 at 9:53 PM

I adopted a Chinese daughter in 1997. Her 'finding site' was near the Jiao Qiao police station in the northwest part of the city. I understand there is a university or business school somewhere near this place. I am wondering what is the name of the school?
      Jules in Chicago

3 Answers Sep 7, 2006 at 8:50 PM
    • train travel from hong kong to nanchang

Nanchang Aug 29, 2006 at 5:17 PM

I am visiting china for the first time with my wife. I will arrive at Hong Kong international airport on 10th september. I would like to go to Nanchang by train on that day. Please advice me on this tour.

2 Answers Aug 29, 2006 at 8:53 PM
    • Luggagae storage at train station Nanchang

Nanchang Jun 20, 2006 at 5:30 AM

hello,

I'll be travelling from Shanghai to Hong Kong by train, but because it such a long distance I was thinking of spending a day in Nanchang. I will arrive in Nanchang in the morning and I will continue my journey to Hong Kong late in the evening. However, I do not want to take all my luggage with me that day. So I was wondering whether there are deposit boxes or storage rooms at the train station where I can safely leave my luggage for the day.

I hope anyone can inform me about the available possibilities.

Yours faithfully,

Hjalmar de Graaff (The Netherlands)

3 Answers Jun 22, 2006 at 9:51 AM
    • Luggagae storage at train station Nanchang

Nanchang Jun 20, 2006 at 5:29 AM

hello,

I'll be travelling from Shanghai to Hong Kong by train, but because it such a long distance I was thinking of spending a day in Nanchang. I will arrive in Nanchang in the morning and I will continue my journey to Hong Kong late in the evening. However, I do not want to take all my luggage with me that day. So I was wondering whether there are deposit boxes or storage rooms at the train station where I can safely leave my luggage for the day.

I hope anyone can inform me about the available possibilities.

Yours faithfully,

Hjalmar de Graaff (The Netherlands)

1 Answer Jun 21, 2006 at 7:13 PM
    • haiming's Profile Photo

Who is in Nanchang now?

Nanchang Mar 15, 2006 at 8:04 AM

Is there any virtualtourist member in Nanchang now?

1 Answer Mar 15, 2006 at 11:43 AM
    • jelkaPopelka's Profile Photo

accomodation

Ganzhou Aug 6, 2005 at 12:35 PM

Knows anyone a cheap hostel in Ganzhou?
      What is the price and the adress?

JelkaPopelka

5 Answers Aug 12, 2005 at 11:48 AM
    • butwarm's Profile Photo

warmbutt wants to know

Nanchang Oct 31, 2004 at 4:48 AM

Where is Master Xu Yun's relic?

1 Answer Nov 1, 2004 at 5:34 AM
    • Traveling to Nanchang for our Chinese daughter

Nanchang Apr 8, 2004 at 8:45 PM

Hello, My husband and I are adopting a 3 1/2 year old daughter from China and will travel in June to get her. She is in foster care in Nanchang, through the Nanchang SWI. I would love to connect with someone in the area who could perhaps find out more about our daughter for us, or could take some photos of some places, like her finding place, which is the gate of the Nanchang SWI on 08/24/00. Please email me privately. Robin robinhmoore@cox.net