change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• iclee's Profile Photo

Private Van+Driver

Tokyo Yesterday

LF: Van with driver for 2 days. Any recommended previous providers?

more
    • Wetlands in Nagoya

Nagoya Feb 13, 2016 at 12:00 AM

I am travelling to Nagoya in Mid May for a conference at Aichi, Nagoya Congress Centre.I am interested in the rustic Nagoya, so whats the best place to book hotel? Are there any wetlands for bird sightings & photography in Nagoya?

more
    • How to go up to the Hell Valley ?

Noboribetsu Mar 8, 2016 at 8:25 PM

I'm trying to ask if there's any alternative way for me to go up the instead of walking 30 minutes alone. Plus any tips or useful information for my trip?

more
    • Advance tickets for Imperial Palace (Tokyo)

Japan Feb 28, 2016 at 3:45 PM

Where can I buy advance tickets for the Imperial Palace (Tokyo) online from UK? Is it better to buy them before going or whilst in Japan?

more
    • sandeepgarg's Profile Photo

8-9 days around

Japan Mar 1, 2016 at 6:40 PM

Friends,

We are a family of 4 (47 yr, 45 yr, 19 yr and 13 yr olds), from India. We want to travel to Japan on a holiday around end May/early June for about 8 -9 days. My father (75) and a cousin (15) may also join in.

We would like to visit Tokyo (Osaka?), Kyoto, Mt. Fuji, etc. and other paces that you may suggest in this short trip, to get an essence of Japanese culture and country.

Which areas should we stay in? What to see? How do we organise transportation within city and intra city? Is language a major problem?

We are more comfortable with a van with driver cum guide.

We are mostly vegetarians, will it be a major problem? We are ok with bread, pizza/pasta, fruits etc. also.

We are really not into trekking or adventure sports etc., but would like to see some countryside if time and logistics permit.

Please help

Thanks

more
    • Getting Ghibli tickets from Lawson convenience stores in Japan

Japan Feb 28, 2016 at 3:51 PM

I'm finding it hard to buy advance Ghibli tickets online, ahead of my trip in March...as they are either very expensive or sold out. Is it worth waiting until I arrive and getting them from Lawson? Or will they sell out because it's a busy time of year??

I want to know if I should just go ahead and just pay for the expensive tickets incase I miss out entirely? :/

more
    • heriany's Profile Photo

Travelling with 20months old baby and accomodation in Tokyo

Tokyo Feb 14, 2016 at 11:49 PM

Hi there,

1) Is it safe to travel in Tokyo with 20month old baby?
      2) Any recommendation on the accommodation for 4adults + 1tenage boy + 1baby probably B&B and also accessible to train station.
      3) what are the things to do in Tokyo aside to Disneyland visit with 20months old baby onboard?

Thank you in advance!

more
    • IsraelG's Profile Photo

From Narita Airport to Kannai station (Yokohama)

Tokyo Mar 5, 2016 at 10:03 AM

Is there direct rapid train from Narita Airport to Kannai station (Yokohama)?
      We would like to get there without changes.
      Thank you very much.

more
    • AnimeJapan's Profile Photo

Anime shops

Tokyo Feb 12, 2016 at 11:02 PM

Hi. I went to Tokyo,Osaka,Kyoto n the country side Mnt Fuji I went there by tour as I was new to my dream land. In a few years later,I would like to make a trip to Japan again. So my parents asked why not we make a trip to Hokkaido or Saparro instate as we didn't go there yet? I was like unsure n wanted to mainly go Japan for 1) Anime 2) Vending Machines 3) food 4) manga 5) figma n nendoroids. So I'm wondering which place has more anime shops? Between Tokyo, Saparo, Hokkaido. Please do tell the top placing. Bcs if for example if Tokyo has still the most anime, n Hokkaido as the second, is it possible for me to first fly to Hokkaido n then take the bullet train to Tokyo? Etc. Pleas do help me as this is the biggest question make for me.

more
    • adelinemmc's Profile Photo

Magazines from Japan

Japan Feb 29, 2016 at 1:24 AM

Hi all
      Sorry, this is not exactly travel-connected.
      I would like to get a few Japanese music magazines, which are as far as I understand available now in Japan. I'm in London and eBay sellers are asking a lot of money. I can send funds via PayPal to someone in Japan to buy & send those magazines to me or I'm happy to buy UK stuff that you may want and send them to Japan
      Any volunteers? PM me & I'll provide a list of mags, they are all about David Bowie.

Thanks
      Ammc - sad Bowie fan

more
    • haneda to yokohama

Tokyo Mar 4, 2016 at 10:52 PM

how do I get from haneda to yokohama?

more
    • First week of September, good to travel?

Ishigaki Mar 2, 2016 at 8:18 AM

Dear all,
      Me and my family are planning a trip to Japan from the 20th of August until the 11th of September. In the last week, 3th of September until the 9th of September we're planning to visit ISHÌGAKI (flying from FUKUOKA).
      Is it a good season to visit the Ishigaki? as in, is it a typhoon season from 3th of September until the 9th of September? Or big risks for typhoons?
      If you have other suggestions for beautiful beaches, snorkling and good food, please let me know! Thanks!!

more
    • Tokyo Tips

Tokyo Mar 4, 2016 at 6:35 PM

So I'm going to Tokyo travelling alone (I'm a 26 year old male), and I have a few points of interest which I am interested in seeing. But I want to know which areas are dangerous and should be avoided in Tokyo, is there any advice you guys can give me?

more

few days around

Tokyo Mar 2, 2016 at 5:29 AM

Friends,

We are a family of 4 (47 yr, 45 yr, 19 yr and 13 yr olds), from India. We want to travel to Japan on a holiday around end May/early June for about 8 -9 days. My father (75) and a cousin (15) may also join in.

We would like to visit Tokyo, Osaka, Kobe, Kyoto, Mt. Fuji, Disneyland etc. and other paces that you may suggest in this short trip, to get an essence of Japanese culture and country.

Which areas should we stay in? What to see? How do we organise transportation within city and intra city? Is language a major problem?

We are mostly vegetarians, will it be a major problem? We are ok with bread, pizza/pasta, fruits etc. also.

We are really not into trekking or adventure sports etc., but would like to see some countryside if time and logistics permit.

Also would like to be in Disney area 2 days (Maybe stay inside 1 night).

Osaka for the Aquarium and Castle. Do we stay the night there?

Visit Kobe enroute to Kyoto from Osaka??

Please help

Thanks

more
    • Japan in September

Japan Feb 28, 2016 at 2:26 AM

Hi guys

I need advise. Is it recommend to travel in September despite typhoon season. I planning to go Osaka, Kyoto, Tokyo and Tashirojima island. Will this two area will have typhoon as i read on blog that mostly southern area like Kyushu, typhoon will hit.
      Hope you guys can help. Thank you.

more
    • Getting around in Tokyo and Kyoto

Japan Feb 29, 2016 at 6:59 PM

My family and I will be visiting Japan for the first time for 7 days - staying in Tokyo and Kyoto. We are from the US and speak no Japanese. We plan on purchasing the JR train pass. This is our itinerary:

Day 1: Arrive at Narita airport and take the JR train into Tokyo.
      Day 2: Tour of the city.
      Day 3 & 4: Nikko National Park, Sanno Festival, and / or Mt. Fuji
      Day 5: JR train to Kyoto - visit Temples
      Day 6: Visit Nijo Castle and Sanjusangendo
      Day 7: Return to Narita on JR train

These are the questions that I have:

1. Would the Tokyo Station work the best for us for what we would like to do? I would like to get a hotel close to the train station.
      2. How easy is it to get to Nikko National Park by the JR train and to get around Nikko to see everything? Would it be easier if we took a tour?
      3. Should we try to fit in Mt. Fuji while staying in Tokyo? If so, can you get there easily by the JR train?
      4. What would be the best area to stay in, in Kyoto to visit the Temples and Castle? Are they easy to get to?

Thank you very much for taking the time to read and answer my post.
      Andrea

more

Popular Japan Travel Answer Locations

• iclee's Profile Photo

Private Van+Driver

Tokyo Yesterday

LF: Van with driver for 2 days. Any recommended previous providers?

1 Answer Yesterday
    • How to go up to the Hell Valley ?

Noboribetsu Mar 8, 2016 at 8:25 PM

I'm trying to ask if there's any alternative way for me to go up the instead of walking 30 minutes alone. Plus any tips or useful information for my trip?

2 Answers Yesterday
    • IsraelG's Profile Photo

From Narita Airport to Kannai station (Yokohama)

Tokyo Mar 5, 2016 at 10:03 AM

Is there direct rapid train from Narita Airport to Kannai station (Yokohama)?
      We would like to get there without changes.
      Thank you very much.

5 Answers Mar 6, 2016 at 10:33 PM
    • haneda to yokohama

Tokyo Mar 4, 2016 at 10:52 PM

how do I get from haneda to yokohama?

7 Answers Mar 7, 2016 at 8:19 PM
    • Tokyo Tips

Tokyo Mar 4, 2016 at 6:35 PM

So I'm going to Tokyo travelling alone (I'm a 26 year old male), and I have a few points of interest which I am interested in seeing. But I want to know which areas are dangerous and should be avoided in Tokyo, is there any advice you guys can give me?

8 Answers Yesterday
    • First week of September, good to travel?

Ishigaki Mar 2, 2016 at 8:18 AM

Dear all,
      Me and my family are planning a trip to Japan from the 20th of August until the 11th of September. In the last week, 3th of September until the 9th of September we're planning to visit ISHÌGAKI (flying from FUKUOKA).
      Is it a good season to visit the Ishigaki? as in, is it a typhoon season from 3th of September until the 9th of September? Or big risks for typhoons?
      If you have other suggestions for beautiful beaches, snorkling and good food, please let me know! Thanks!!

7 Answers 15 hours ago

few days around

Tokyo Mar 2, 2016 at 5:29 AM

Friends,

We would like to visit Tokyo, Osaka, Kobe, Kyoto, Mt. Fuji, Disneyland etc. and other paces that you may suggest in this short trip, to get an essence of Japanese culture and country.

Also would like to be in Disney area 2 days (Maybe stay inside 1 night).

Osaka for the Aquarium and Castle. Do we stay the night there?

Visit Kobe enroute to Kyoto from Osaka??

Please help

Thanks

8 Answers Mar 8, 2016 at 5:38 PM

8-9 days around

Japan Mar 1, 2016 at 6:40 PM

Friends,

We would like to visit Tokyo (Osaka?), Kyoto, Mt. Fuji, etc. and other paces that you may suggest in this short trip, to get an essence of Japanese culture and country.

Please help

Thanks

4 Answers Mar 8, 2016 at 5:57 PM
    • Getting around in Tokyo and Kyoto

Japan Feb 29, 2016 at 6:59 PM

My family and I will be visiting Japan for the first time for 7 days - staying in Tokyo and Kyoto. We are from the US and speak no Japanese. We plan on purchasing the JR train pass. This is our itinerary:

Day 1: Arrive at Narita airport and take the JR train into Tokyo.
      Day 2: Tour of the city.
      Day 3 & 4: Nikko National Park, Sanno Festival, and / or Mt. Fuji
      Day 5: JR train to Kyoto - visit Temples
      Day 6: Visit Nijo Castle and Sanjusangendo
      Day 7: Return to Narita on JR train

These are the questions that I have:

1. Would the Tokyo Station work the best for us for what we would like to do? I would like to get a hotel close to the train station.
      2. How easy is it to get to Nikko National Park by the JR train and to get around Nikko to see everything? Would it be easier if we took a tour?
      3. Should we try to fit in Mt. Fuji while staying in Tokyo? If so, can you get there easily by the JR train?
      4. What would be the best area to stay in, in Kyoto to visit the Temples and Castle? Are they easy to get to?

Thank you very much for taking the time to read and answer my post.
      Andrea

12 Answers 13 hours ago
    • adelinemmc's Profile Photo

Magazines from Japan

Japan Feb 29, 2016 at 1:24 AM

Hi all
      Sorry, this is not exactly travel-connected.
      I would like to get a few Japanese music magazines, which are as far as I understand available now in Japan. I'm in London and eBay sellers are asking a lot of money. I can send funds via PayPal to someone in Japan to buy & send those magazines to me or I'm happy to buy UK stuff that you may want and send them to Japan
      Any volunteers? PM me & I'll provide a list of mags, they are all about David Bowie.

Thanks
      Ammc - sad Bowie fan

6 Answers 6 hours ago
    • Getting Ghibli tickets from Lawson convenience stores in Japan

Japan Feb 28, 2016 at 3:51 PM

I'm finding it hard to buy advance Ghibli tickets online, ahead of my trip in March...as they are either very expensive or sold out. Is it worth waiting until I arrive and getting them from Lawson? Or will they sell out because it's a busy time of year??

I want to know if I should just go ahead and just pay for the expensive tickets incase I miss out entirely? :/

4 Answers Mar 3, 2016 at 4:15 PM
    • Advance tickets for Imperial Palace (Tokyo)

Japan Feb 28, 2016 at 3:45 PM

Where can I buy advance tickets for the Imperial Palace (Tokyo) online from UK? Is it better to buy them before going or whilst in Japan?

2 Answers Feb 29, 2016 at 12:02 PM
    • Japan in September

Japan Feb 28, 2016 at 2:26 AM

Hi guys

I need advise. Is it recommend to travel in September despite typhoon season. I planning to go Osaka, Kyoto, Tokyo and Tashirojima island. Will this two area will have typhoon as i read on blog that mostly southern area like Kyushu, typhoon will hit.
      Hope you guys can help. Thank you.

9 Answers Mar 8, 2016 at 7:41 AM
    • heriany's Profile Photo

Travelling with 20months old baby and accomodation in Tokyo

Tokyo Feb 14, 2016 at 11:49 PM

Hi there,

1) Is it safe to travel in Tokyo with 20month old baby?
      2) Any recommendation on the accommodation for 4adults + 1tenage boy + 1baby probably B&B and also accessible to train station.
      3) what are the things to do in Tokyo aside to Disneyland visit with 20months old baby onboard?

Thank you in advance!

4 Answers Mar 7, 2016 at 7:25 AM
    • Wetlands in Nagoya

Nagoya Feb 13, 2016 at 12:00 AM

I am travelling to Nagoya in Mid May for a conference at Aichi, Nagoya Congress Centre.I am interested in the rustic Nagoya, so whats the best place to book hotel? Are there any wetlands for bird sightings & photography in Nagoya?

1 Answer Feb 13, 2016 at 1:18 AM
    • AnimeJapan's Profile Photo

Anime shops

Tokyo Feb 12, 2016 at 11:02 PM

Hi. I went to Tokyo,Osaka,Kyoto n the country side Mnt Fuji I went there by tour as I was new to my dream land. In a few years later,I would like to make a trip to Japan again. So my parents asked why not we make a trip to Hokkaido or Saparro instate as we didn't go there yet? I was like unsure n wanted to mainly go Japan for 1) Anime 2) Vending Machines 3) food 4) manga 5) figma n nendoroids. So I'm wondering which place has more anime shops? Between Tokyo, Saparo, Hokkaido. Please do tell the top placing. Bcs if for example if Tokyo has still the most anime, n Hokkaido as the second, is it possible for me to first fly to Hokkaido n then take the bullet train to Tokyo? Etc. Pleas do help me as this is the biggest question make for me.

4 Answers Mar 7, 2016 at 9:39 AM
    • Looking For Tour Guide

Japan Feb 8, 2016 at 3:25 AM

dear Friends ,we 2 friends will be trtavelling to Hong Kong for Business purpose however before going to Hongkong we wish to visit Japan for 1 week for vacation . We wish to visit Tokyo and Osaka . We have 5 days in Japan . This is first time we visiting Japan . Anyone who know better option . or itineray ?  Also Does anyone knows Tour Guide contact phone number or email so that we can take ther services when we are there .. Thank you awaiting for your response Friends .....

1 Answer Feb 8, 2016 at 5:54 PM
    • drjlim's Profile Photo

Can anyone help me with my itinerary?

Osaka Feb 8, 2016 at 12:27 AM

Two of us will be travelling to Osaka early June. We will arrive early morning of 05 June and will leave morning of 10June...so that is around 4.5days in Osaka.
      1. We plan to stay near Osaka station..am I right in using this as a base to visit nearby towns/cities?
      2.What hotels can you guys recommend? We are looking at a maximum budget of around $800for 5 nights.
      3. Upon arrival, we will most likely be spending the day around the City...any suggestions?
      4. We plan to visit Universal studios on Monday and Tuesday...too much time or just enough?
      5. On Wed and Thu, we plan to visit neighboring cities..Nara, Kyoto, etc. any advice on how to get to these places on our own? Is there any special tickes similar to Eurail that we can just buy and take any trains?
      Thanks guys.

6 Answers Mar 7, 2016 at 2:43 PM
    • sunny_koh's Profile Photo

Shoryudo 3-day pass

Takayama Feb 8, 2016 at 12:16 AM

I'll be arriving in Chubu Centrair International Airport and will be staying in Takayama for 2 nights before going back to Nagoya. I'm thinking of purchasing the Shoryudo 3-day pass. May I check if the pass covers airport transfer from Chubu Centrair International Airport to Nagoya? Do I take the highway bus from Nagoya station to Takayama? I will be travelling with a big luggage. Can the highway bus accomodate the luggage? May I also check if the pass can be used on the buses in Takayama and also on the bus to and fro Shirakawa-go from Takayama. Thanks

2 Answers Mar 7, 2016 at 3:01 PM
    • Jr Pass Sendai to Sapporo

Sapporo Feb 5, 2016 at 7:49 PM

Hello: I'd like to travel from Sendai to Sapporo,stopping in Hakodate in October 2016 using the Jr Rail pass,any tips will be appreciated.Thanks in advance.

5 Answers Mar 7, 2016 at 4:00 PM
    • crewrower's Profile Photo

Advice for 4 days in Tokyo with a 4 year old

Tokyo Feb 2, 2016 at 3:47 AM

Hi - arriving in Tokyo Sunday Feb 7th at 330pm (Narita), departing late Thursday afternoon on Feb 11th. With 4 days, what to do? We live in a big city as it is, so was thinking of mostly skipping Tokyo and going straight to Hakone and spending the first 3 of the 4 total nights there (last night in Tokyo). Happy to hear other suggestions (though ideally you'll be familiar with Hakone and can take that knowledge into consideration if suggesting other itineraries -- but appreciate all thoughts).

My son even though only 4 is a veteran and easy traveler.

1 Answer Feb 3, 2016 at 5:31 PM
    • crewrower's Profile Photo

Help on getting to Hakone and around from Narita (Feb 7 -11)

Hakone Feb 2, 2016 at 2:06 AM

Please advise.

Until 2 hours ago, I had never heard of Hakone. Now I'm seriously thinking of going with my 4 year old. We'll arrive at Narita on Feb 7th (Sunday) at 3:25pm.

Getting to Hakone from Narita: take the train to Tokyo station, then to Shinjuku station. At Shinjuku station, purchase the "Hakone Freepass", which includes (for an extra fee that can be paid at the same time?) Odakuyu Romancecar to Hakone-Yumoto station).

I plan on getting the 3 day pass, which also takes care of all transportation in Hakone and the ride back to Shinjuku.

I'd appreciate any knowledgeable advice or tips. I saw something that the Odakuyu Romance car requires an advance online reservation?

Will we be able to make it to Hakone -- i.e. does all transport operation normally on Sunday?

3 Answers Feb 2, 2016 at 3:59 PM
    • i need travel agency

Okinawa Feb 1, 2016 at 6:08 PM

i will travel to okinawa for a week. the problem is i dont have driving licence so i think i should have a travel guide to bring me along the island.. or any suggestions? and where can i book a travel agency/guide?

8 Answers Feb 2, 2016 at 12:40 AM
    • Where can I purchase winter boots near Nagano train station?

Nagano Jan 28, 2016 at 7:50 AM

Hello,
      I was hoping for some advice on where I can locate a good pair or non-slip winter boots or crampons within walking distance of Nagano station or near Jigokudani Monkey Park. My family and I will be visiting the Jigokudani Monkey Park. It is my understanding that the walk to the viewing area is sloped and possibly a little slippery. Any advice or information would be much appreciated.
      Thank you in advance for you time and assistance.

3 Answers Jan 29, 2016 at 5:26 AM
    • Melanie_Putra's Profile Photo

Online Seat Reservation w JR Hokkaido

Hokkaido Jan 28, 2016 at 3:18 AM

I have a question regarding online seat reservation for JR Hokkaido..

I know there is an English language online seat reservation site. What I need to know is at which point is the payment made?
      1. Upon reservation my credit card will be charged for both the reserved seat fee and train ticket? Or,
      2. I pay the total amount at the point of receiving the ticket + the reserved seat at the JR Midori No Madoguchi? If here, can I pay with cash?

Tq, Mel

• Touring in Nikko

Nikko Jan 27, 2016 at 8:37 PM

I am traveling to Japan in April and I plan to visit Nikko for one day, I have 2 children under 3 years old so is it better to rent a car or go by bus to the lakes and waterfall??!

4 Answers Feb 4, 2016 at 4:22 PM
    • Jasma's Profile Photo

Trains in Japan

Japan Jan 25, 2016 at 3:40 AM

We are planning to visit Japan around mid April this year and wondering if the rail passes are useful and economic. We would like to see Tokyo, Osaka and Hiroshima.

6 Answers Mar 8, 2016 at 7:19 AM
    • Onbashira Festival

Nagano Jan 19, 2016 at 5:20 PM

I'm going to be in Japan for a couple weeks in April, and I want to attend the Onbashira festival while i'm there. I only have enough time to stay in Nagano for 1 day, and I only want to see the part of the festival where they ride the logs down the hills. I can arrange to be there on either April 8, 9, 10 -- does anyone know which day I should choose so that I would be able to see them ride the logs? I can't seem to find a detailed schedule of the festival anywhere online, so I would really appreciate your help. Thanks!

2 Answers Mar 8, 2016 at 7:23 AM

Tokyo Banana at New Chitose Airport?

Chitose Jan 18, 2016 at 9:11 AM

Can I buy Tokyo Banana at New Chitose Airport? If yes, whereabouts in the airport? How early does the shop open?

Tq, Mel

5 Answers Mar 8, 2016 at 1:32 PM

Tambou or Rikyu for beef tongue in Sapporo?

Sapporo Jan 18, 2016 at 6:34 AM

We will be in Sapporo for a couple of nights. Now I am compiling restaurant list. Besides the crab and seafood I also want to eat grilled beef tongue which I totally love. I usually eat at Negishi whenever I'm in Tokyo. My research of Sapporo unearthed two places, Tambou and Rykyu. I know at least that Rikyu originated from Sendai and they have branches in Tokyo too but I've yet to try them out. Would anyone be able to recommend which of the two is better? Or even another place for beef tongue?

Tq, Melanie

2 Answers Mar 8, 2016 at 1:30 PM