Jamaica

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• All-Inclusive or otherwise

Jamaica Nov 2, 2016 at 11:00 AM

Hi all, My wife and I are in the planning stages of a Jamaican vacation for next fall (2017). She's mentioned staying at an all-inclusive, but I think I would prefer possibly a boutique hotel on the order of Jake's or The Rockhouse. I'm looking for input and suggestions about the pros and cons of each. Based on what little I know of Jamaica (this will be our first trip there) I'm leaning towards the Negril area.
      Thanks,

Rob

4 Answers Nov 2, 2016 at 1:07 PM
    • Ytodea's Profile Photo

Ocho rios Jamaica resorts

Ocho Rios Nov 1, 2016 at 7:48 PM

Going to jamaica in a week, from NovemberNovember 8th-14th. have a choice between staying at these 3 resorts:

RIU Ocho Rios All Inclusive

or

Jewel Dunn´s River Beach Resort & Spa

or

Jamaica Inn

Which would you recommend?
      Which would you recommend

1 Answer Nov 2, 2016 at 9:20 AM
    • jacit90's Profile Photo

Where to deep sea fish and snorkel?

Jamaica Oct 26, 2016 at 6:06 PM

My husband and I are going to Sandals Ochi in June and are interested in a couple different excursions, but I'm not sure how all of this works, since this is our first resort trip.

We want to do deep sea fishing and snorkeling. The company the travel agent gave us is pretty pricey and I want to shop around. I'm guessing you can just take excursions from any company and take a taxi to the meeting spot. How does this work? Anyone have recommendations for companies to do deep sea fishing and snorkeling from?

2 Answers Oct 27, 2016 at 7:08 PM
    • Ytodea's Profile Photo

Safe near Kingston

Jamaica Oct 18, 2016 at 12:34 AM

Hello Travelers and Jamaica locals. I'll be visiting Kingston for a music conferance November 11-14. I wanted to stay in Montego Bay or Ocho Rios, buy then I saw how far they are from where the conferance is in Kingston. I'm scared to stay in Kingston lol, so I'm looking for other options. Any hotel or area suggestions? Somthing not to far from kingston,but safe and nice? Tips on places to visit and to avoid would also be greatly appreciated ♡

7 Answers Oct 19, 2016 at 10:39 AM
    • curtis0916's Profile Photo

Zip Line Recommendations near the Hyatt Zilara Rose Hall Resort?

Montego Bay Sep 22, 2016 at 9:45 AM

What zip line company do you recommend that will be near the Hyatt Zilara Rose Hall Resort? Thank you in advance for any help!!

5 Answers Sep 22, 2016 at 6:47 PM

Uber from Sangster Airport to Holiday Inn Resort

Montego Bay Sep 19, 2016 at 10:50 AM

My wife and I will be visiting Jamaica next month and are wondering if there are Uber drivers available to drive from Sangster Airport to the Holiday Inn Resort in Rosehall Parish? If so, are they considered safe and approx. how much would they charge? Thank you in advance!!

1 Answer Sep 23, 2016 at 11:04 AM
    • RIU palace, luxury Bahia Príncipe or Hyatt zilaria

Montego Bay Sep 17, 2016 at 7:29 PM

We are a couple in our 40's looking for a nice resort with great service, great food, nice beach, and new or nicely renovated rooms.
      We have narrowed it down to 3 adult only resorts. RIU palace, luxury Bahia Príncipe or Hyatt zilaria
      Which one should we chose and why?
      Thanks so much for the help. It's our first time to Jamaica.

2 Answers Sep 22, 2016 at 10:54 AM

Transportation from Sangster Airport to Holiday Inn Resort

Montego Bay Jul 22, 2016 at 11:45 AM

What are our options for transportation from the airport to the Holiday Inn Resort?  We are looking for something cost efficient.

2 Answers Jul 24, 2016 at 7:40 PM
    • What currency?

Negril Jul 4, 2016 at 1:35 PM

My husband and I are traveling to Negril in March, 2017. We are not sure if we should plan to use credit cards a lot? Do most restaurants even accept them? Or should we get cash changed to Jamaican or US dollars (we live in Canada). If cash is what is most widely accepted should we have some Jamaican and some US? Also is it best to change it once we arrive in the airport, or should we get it changed at a bank before we leave? Thanks in advance!

3 Answers Jul 7, 2016 at 6:12 AM
    • from kingston to dunn rivers fall

Ocho Rios May 8, 2016 at 11:34 AM

i'm at visiting for the first time and am at my aunts house in kingston. I don't have any transportation right now and wanted to go to dunn rivers fall. I'm at 12 cathreline drive, queen hill. How could I make it over there and what cost?

2 Answers May 8, 2016 at 12:35 PM
    • worldsapart's Profile Photo

Runaway bay Royal Decameron

Jamaica Apr 23, 2016 at 1:23 PM

Does this hotel provide beach towels? If so Do you have to pay daily ? How does it work? Or do I need to pack my own towels??

2 Answers Apr 24, 2016 at 12:23 PM
    • Lost In Jamaica

Jamaica Mar 18, 2016 at 5:35 PM

A group of my closest girlfriends are traveling to Jamaica for a girls getaway in July. I've viewed plenty of all inclusive hotel packages; which sound great, with the glass bottom boats, messages and buffets but I would also like to be near real Jamaican night life, clubs, restaurants, locals etc. Can anyone please tell me where to book a hotel like this. Basically have my pampering and be able to party with locals and taste authentic food at night *Still being in a Area*

3 Answers Mar 22, 2016 at 11:16 AM
    • How safe is Jamaica? Thinking of staying in ocho rios

Jamaica Mar 16, 2016 at 8:00 PM

Hey everyone!

How safe is Jamaica? My boyfriend and I are thinking of staying in ocho rios. How safe are the excursions too?
      Also, once we arrive at the airport, is it safe to take a private shuttle bus to our resort rather than a group shuttle bus? We just want to get to the resort after flying and not stop for each resort. So far, I heard its not bad, just use common sense.

Thanks!

2 Answers Mar 17, 2016 at 8:43 AM
    • RHFACTOR's Profile Photo

NICE BIRTHDAY RESTAURANT

Negril Feb 29, 2016 at 7:47 AM

Greetings All!

A party of 3-5 is trusting you for suggestions for a lovely restaurant for more refined birthday dining. Seafood is a choice for some, and we may have one person who prefers not to eat meat or too heavily. Help!

1 Answer Feb 29, 2016 at 11:28 AM
    • sexytracy's Profile Photo

traveling

Jamaica Feb 26, 2016 at 8:46 PM

Hi. I Would like some assistance plz I am traveling to the Barbados in April and I would like to know how much money I will Ave to take with me even tho am going to stay with someone there for a month and that person is going to receive me so I will like to know as soon as possible

2 Answers Mar 2, 2016 at 2:14 PM
    • safety when walking

Ocho Rios Feb 18, 2016 at 1:05 PM

Is it safe to walk on the Main St. or even to Ruins at the Falls restaurant?

1 Answer Feb 18, 2016 at 9:05 PM
    • ATM for Jamaican Dollars at Montego Bay Airport?

Montego Bay Oct 21, 2015 at 10:26 AM

I am thinking of travelling to Jamaica in two weeks time flying into Montego Bay. I generally just use the ATM in my arrival airport to get local currency for my stay and after Googling see there's one at the airport. Has anybody got any advice or suggestions regarding this? Thank you, Diane

4 Answers Oct 26, 2015 at 11:54 AM
    • JohanW's Profile Photo

Multi day tour operator in Jamaica

Jamaica Oct 5, 2015 at 12:34 PM

I would like to go to Jamaica, but not by myself and I don´t have any friend that want to go there right now.

I was booked on a 10 day roundtrip in Jamaica, by Swedish tour operator called International Reggae Travel, in the end of december 2015, but they had to cancel the trip due to low interest.

The only other trip, with focus on not only seniors, to Jamaica I found was Gadventures: gadventures.com/trips/jamaic...

Do you know any other tour operators that can help me experience Jamaica together with a group of other travelers? I don´t want to get stuck in all inclusive-hotels... I love reggae and want to learn more about the rastafari culture, spend some time at the beautiful beaches and make a visit to Kingston.

There are a lot of one day tours by operators like Viator, but that's not what i'm looking for.

7 Answers Oct 7, 2015 at 12:14 PM
    • JohanW's Profile Photo

Ferry or cruise ship?

Montego Bay Oct 4, 2015 at 12:39 PM

Are there any ferries or cruise ships to Montego Bay from other countries? I know there are a lot of cruise ships, but I'm just looking for transportation - not a 7-10 day cruise. 1-3 nights is ok.

I know I will go to Jamaica, but I don´t know which other country in the Caribbean or Central America i want to go to. Flights from Mexico or any country in the Carribbean to Montego Bay seems to be expensive and tricky.

11 Answers Oct 6, 2015 at 9:54 AM
    • MichelleandBradP's Profile Photo

Dolphin Cove Ochios Rios

Runaway Bay Aug 21, 2015 at 5:13 PM

Has anyone been to Dolphin Cove in Ochios Rios? Is it worth it? Also I heard you can buy pictures and video of your day their, do you have to pay with cash and how much?

1 Answer Aug 22, 2015 at 2:37 PM
    • Work For British/Jamaican couple

Jamaica Jul 3, 2015 at 6:25 AM

Hi I am a british Citizen and my boyfriend is Jamaican I am trying to find a country it would both be possible for us both to work. It is really hard for me to get a job in jamaica to secure work permit and its near impossible for him to get a working visa for the uk. We both have hospitality experience and he also has experience in construction. We really want to be a ble to live somewhere we can both live and work, please help!

2 Answers Aug 23, 2015 at 5:38 PM
    • ferry to jamaica from central america

Jamaica Jun 25, 2015 at 3:17 PM

hi.
      i am right now in bocas del toro,panama.
      looking for a ship or some ferry to get to jamaica.
      need to bee there for a festival on july 10.
      i dont care from where, i can get to any country in central america...
      thx,
      Itamar

3 Answers Jun 26, 2015 at 12:07 PM
    • AnitaWS's Profile Photo

How could obtain visa in Jamaica?

Jamaica Jun 17, 2015 at 8:07 PM

Suddenly I need to go to Jamaica, Montego Bay because of my job. It seems that I can obtain my tourist visa at the airport. How does it work? Thank you

7 Answers Jun 20, 2015 at 4:31 PM
    • Runaway bay to negril for a day.

Runaway Bay Apr 17, 2015 at 6:05 AM

We are travelling to the jewel runaway bay golf resort in May for a week and were interested in doing the negril day trip tour to seven mile beach and ricks café. Were wondering if they do hotel pick ups in our area?

2 Answers Apr 18, 2015 at 9:27 AM
    • Transportation

Kingston Mar 26, 2015 at 4:31 PM

Can a get a bus from NMIA to new Kingston around 600pm

2 Answers Mar 27, 2015 at 2:34 PM
    • habitual_wanderer's Profile Photo

Backpacker Areas

Jamaica Mar 12, 2015 at 6:17 AM

Hello,
      My boyfriend and I are flying into Montego Bay and will be in Jamaica for 5 days, but we'd like to get away from the resort areas and cruise ship ports. Looking for a laid back area away (accessible by public transportation) from typical tourist spots. I'd love to do some hiking, along with having some chill beach time.
      Can anyone offer suggestions?

Thanks!
      Andrea

2 Answers Mar 27, 2015 at 3:07 PM
    • Jewel Paradise Cove

Jamaica Feb 21, 2015 at 6:24 AM

Hello all we are new here! This is the wife. I have a number of questions.

Has anyone been to Jewel Paradise Cove Resort? We are going to be there from May 24 to 30th. Would like to know what to expect at the resort.

How bad is the airport and customs? What should we expect?

What are some good things to do in jamaica? My hubby wants to do appleton rum tour, zipline, bobsled, parasailing, snorkeling, and on and on. What would you guys recommend?

What should i be packing? My hubby's friend told him to keep an eye on the locals as they like pretty white women. Is this true? Do i need to be careful what i say and do? I am now worried after listening to him talk to my hubby about his jamaican vacation.

What should we bring for cash?

My hubby wants to bring his expensive canon camera, i want to buy a cheap compact camera. What would you all suggest?

6 Answers Mar 27, 2015 at 2:57 PM
    • Zipline Adventure tours

Jamaica Feb 7, 2015 at 7:51 PM

I noticed that other tour companies do not use Zipline Adventure tour. Is there a reason? Also does anyone know any discount codes for them?

4 Answers Apr 19, 2015 at 10:06 PM
    • Drinking age

Montego Bay Jan 25, 2015 at 9:43 PM

I'm going to Monetgo Bay Sunset Beach Resort on April 4th to the 11th (my 18th birthday) I was wondering if I could drink with parent permission?

4 Answers Mar 27, 2015 at 2:36 PM
    • Money exchange, ATM in Port Antonio or any other advise?

Jamaica Jan 25, 2015 at 12:08 AM

Anyone who has been to Port Antonio lately who can recommend the best way/best place to exchange / draw money? Any good tips regarding dollars / local cash / visa card is very appreciated :) Thanks.

5 Answers Mar 27, 2015 at 2:38 PM