change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Corfu - help with place to stay

Corfu Island 3 hours ago

Hi there,

Hoping for your opinions on which area to stay in Corfu!

We have 4 nights in Corfu (July 9th - July 13th 2017).

We have 5 adults and 2 children (6 and 8 years old).

I have done lots of research but can't work which area to stay - it looks like there are many beautiful palces!!

What we would like:

- close to a beach

- close to tavernas

- 3-4 bedroom villa with private pool

We would also like to have a little explore of Corfu old town.

We don't need to be close to night clubs or late night bars.

Which town / area would be best, in your opinion for a group of 7 with a nice beach and nice village / tavernas?

I am wondering after a LOT of reading about Kassiopi...?

Thanks!!

Ruth

more
    • skyeman887's Profile Photo

Walking/Historical Guide(s)

Crete Island 6 hours ago

I have booked a last minute holiday to Crete 11-19 Oct 16, staying in Bali, and I'm looking for a guide(s) to show me the local historical sites and possibly climb to the top of the island.

Thanks
      Peter

more
    • Transport from and to Agii Apostoli

Crete Island Sep 12, 2016 at 1:43 AM

I plan to holiday in Agii Apostoli, to the west of Chania, for 7 days in September. I do not have a car.

What is the situation with public transportation (eg buses) if we want to travel along that coastline to the west of Chania? Is it for example reliable and frequent? And are the local taxis expensive?

In addition, if we want to go on day excursions to Agria Gramvousa Island and to Elafonissi Beach and Island, from Agii Apostoli, what is the best way?

Thank you.

more
    • Buy sim car at metro stations

Athens Sep 20, 2016 at 5:04 AM

Hi,

Its safe to buy a sim card on the metro stationd i see srelling there

more
    • Car rental

Corfu Island Sep 15, 2016 at 1:34 AM

which is the
      best car rental

more
    • Bus to airport

Lavrio Sep 12, 2016 at 10:00 AM

I'm arriving at Lavrio port septembre 25 at 13 h. Is it possible to take à bus directlyto Athéna airport? If so, where and how much time it takes?
      Thanks.
      Jo

more
    • Derribong's Profile Photo

Off the beaten track.

Skiathos Island Sep 4, 2016 at 3:30 AM

We are a retired couple. Have been to Skiathos before and got around on the bus. This year we have a car to explore "Off the beaten track " Any suggestions for quieter beaches and Tavernas. We are based near Koukounaries.

more
    • lilo23lilo's Profile Photo

Flea Markes and Garage Sale in Athens or near Athens?

Athens Sep 21, 2016 at 2:31 PM

Hello; are there any places in Athens or near Athens flea markets and also garage sale.... etc? Especially How these things going on in there could someone explain? Thanks :)

more
    • Helenegoestoixia's Profile Photo

Ixia October 2016

Rhodes (Island) Sep 21, 2016 at 8:06 AM

Hi! I'm going to Ixia. I would like to know what the taxi fare might be from the airport to Ixia. Also what it might be from Ixia to Rhodos Town. Are there restaurants and shops at the airport?
      Best regards

more
    • Santorini Buses

Santorini Island Sep 20, 2016 at 11:27 AM

As none of the buses in the KTEL timetable say they are going to Pyrgos can anyone tell what bus do I get from Fira to Pyrgos?

Many thanks

Brian

more
    • buses in lavrio

Lavrio Sep 16, 2016 at 1:40 PM

anybody know where in the town the bus to the airport leaves from.im arriving by ferry

more
    • Cruising Greece

Greece Sep 10, 2016 at 10:28 AM

Stopping in Kotor, Montenegro and in Greece will be stopping in Argostoli, Athens, Corfu and Mykonos
      Any suggestions on what to do for the day in each? or what are the must dos?
      are excursions recommended or would catching a bus or cab to the attractions be good enough?
      which places are easily accessible from the port(walking distance and enough do with out going on a tour or bus or cab)
      TIA for your help :)

more
    • Lurchizo's Profile Photo

Time on Islands & Order

Greece Yesterday

I have 8-9 days to spend on the Greek islands and I have narrowed it down to Naxos, Santorini and Mykonos. Any comments on how many days you would spend on each? Also, what order would you recommend to do them in according to ferry schedule?

more
    • Bus from Firostefani to Airport?

Santorini Island Sep 12, 2016 at 7:26 PM

Hi guys!

We need to get to the airport early in the morning tomorrow (gotta be there by 6), and I was wondering if we can catch a bus to the airport from the Firostefani bus stop? Do they run that early?

Thanks!

more
    • tourist information in chinia

Crete Island Sep 23, 2016 at 9:56 AM

We will visit chania in November during our cruise (Souda port). Where is the tourist information center to get maps and information?
      thank you

more
    • marathon to athens and vice versa

Greece Aug 30, 2016 at 1:32 AM

hi, we are planing to stay in golden hotels and bungalows in marathon in september for 5 days and hotel and we will take the taxi from airport to the hotel, but we need to know how to use the bus near the hotel to reach athens city and what is the name of the nearest bus station,

thank you

more
    • Lurchizo's Profile Photo

Ferry Tickets

Greece Yesterday

I arrive at the Athens airport around 10 am and I see that a lot of the ferries leave at 7 am for the islands. There are others that sail around 2 pm for Santorini but would get into destination port late at night which I would prefer to avoid. I therefore figured that I would stay the first night in Athens and then take the 7 am ferry the next day. My question is, can I purchase ferry tickets at the airport or can they only be purchased at Piraeus? I thought I saw on the website that you may be able to purchase online but you still need to have the tickets printed off at the port. True?

more
    • What to see in Parga

Parga Sep 7, 2016 at 2:12 AM

Hello I've just joined VT im holidaying in Parga last week sept,first oct looking for trip advice and what to see near by

more
    • footstool's Profile Photo

Hiking the Samaria

Crete Island Sep 11, 2016 at 10:58 AM

Hi there. Will I be able to find walking sticks, such as tree branches, at the top of the gorge in Omalos, before I start the hike down to the sea? I really do not want to carry around expensive aluminum "ski poles" all over Europe. If not, should I take the "lazy hike" (going Up the Samaria to the narrow point, then returning down) the day before the downhill hike, so I can certainly find discarded tree branches?! And any advice re hiking is appreciated. I'm in my late 50s, and I consider myself an advanced beginner with good lower body strength. Thanks!

more
    • Camping in Ithaca

by DarjaJ Online Now May 25, 2015 at 12:55 PM

Does any one have experience with camping in Ithaca, do they have camping place or it is allowed to make camping in nature? How is then with fresh water,...
      Thanks,
      Darja

2 Answers May 27, 2015 at 8:28 AM