change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• gmg88860's Profile Photo

Travel flow around Salvador Nov 10-25

Brazil Oct 19, 2016 at 7:42 PM

Flying into SSA around Nov 10 I want to visit the following places with minimal doubling back. How does this look?

Nov 10 -arrive Salvador for Foz de Iguacu
      3 nights Salvador -
      3 days/2 night side trip Lencois (night bus from Salvador)
      2 night side trip Sao Felix/Cachoreia (from Lencois via Feira de Santana (bus)
      -Salvador via bus from Sao Felix/Cachoreia
      3+ night side trip Morro de Sao Paulo or maybe on to Boipeba (boat/boat) Somewhere with a decent balance of not to busy but not too secluded. a little nightlife is good, no wild parties. I'm 55 :)
      depart Salvador around Nov 25 for Rio

Thanks in advance

• gmg88860's Profile Photo

Chapada Diamantina

Brazil Oct 19, 2016 at 7:13 PM

What is the weather like around Lençois in mid November? I read somewhere rains come in November. I'm thinking of a daypack only 3 day side trip from Salvador. Would I need rain gear?

• Trip to Igausso Falls

by iborstein Online Now Aug 28, 2007 at 4:38 PM

We will be docking at Itajai on December 16&17th of December. Do you know of any way of getting to Igausso Falls for a day or two. The cruise ship excursion is very expensive.

Thank you

2 Answers Sep 10, 2007 at 11:46 PM
    • Driver needed in Itajai

by SherryVE Online Now Aug 24, 2007 at 10:20 PM

The Azamara is making Itajai a port stop and we'll be the first cruise (Dec 5th & 6th)taking this new itinerary. There is a beautiful dock but we're having a hard time finding a way to connect with a local driver to take advantage of our time in port. The ship is there for 2 days, we can visit the city easily by cab, but with 2 days to explore, it would be nice to find a van to venture further to perhaps nearby Blumenau and Balneario Camboriu. None of us speak any Portuguese so setting up something with a taxi is beyond a challenge, plus a van would be better so we could stay together. I can't find anyone who's found a private driver for this port and there are lots of us looking, can anyone offer a suggestion? We're not the only ship porting in Itajai, just the first one of the '07 season.

6 Answers Sep 9, 2007 at 9:03 AM