• calkid's Profile Photo

Road Trip

by calkid Online Now Oct 11, 2016 at 8:07 AM

i want to drive from Istanbul to Bangkok

34 Answers Oct 25, 2016 at 1:55 AM
    • lucyguajardo's Profile Photo

Ottoman Mask

by lucyguajardo Online Now Sep 23, 2016 at 1:08 PM

Hello, I know this is a long shot but I collect masks from the places I visit and I would really like to find an ottoman mask like this one during my trip to Turkey:

s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...

I'm thinking the best bet is the Grand Bazzar but not sure if there is an specific location considering how large the palace is... or if there's any other place around Istanbul where I could find it

25 Answers Oct 11, 2016 at 12:44 AM
    • ImadE's Profile Photo

who will be in istanbul between 27 september and 9 october !

by ImadE Online Now Sep 17, 2016 at 9:18 PM

hiii ... i will be in istanbul for 12 days .. and i will travel alone and my hotel it will be in taksim ... so i want to know any person(from any country) will be there in same time maybe we can see istanbul together and go to all amazing places together ...
      i'm 21 years and i like to have fun and know new things and i like so much nightlife also ^^
      so anyone plz !

1 Answer Sep 18, 2016 at 5:39 AM
    • eniid's Profile Photo

Indie bars/clubs

by eniid Online Now Sep 12, 2016 at 7:54 AM

Hi

I will go to Istanbul next week (Thursday-Monday) and I am wondering whether there is any nice bars/clubs that plays indie music and such? It seems to be a bit hard to find in Istanbul.

3 Answers Oct 8, 2016 at 9:25 PM
    • bettyo70's Profile Photo

How much money should I withdraw from my ATM in Istanbul?

by bettyo70 Online Now Sep 1, 2016 at 7:12 AM

Hi Everyone,

We'll be in Istanbul for the first time and I have no idea what to expect regarding prices there.

I'd prefer not to be stuck with extra Turkish lira at home.

Since we'll be there for about half a day, how much should I withdraw in Turkish lira to cover the following for 2 Adults in Sultanahmet:

1) taking round-trip ferry ride (not a cruise, just the ferry);
      2) buying 1 pair of ornate indoor slippers (for Women) from Arasta Bazaar;
      3) Entrance Fees (either to Blue Mosque or Basilica Cistern, 1 or 2 places max);
      4) buying 1 decorative lamp from Arasta.

Food and transportation from and to the Airport we've already got covered.

Many thanks for your Estimates! :)

23 Answers Oct 8, 2016 at 9:27 PM

Easy way to reach the Black Sea

by lucyguajardo Online Now Aug 28, 2016 at 5:28 PM

I would like to go to a place close to Istanbul to see the Black Sea. I have read the cruises take too long.. I was thinking maybe just going to Garip├že and have lunch there with Black Sea view but I don't find an easy public transportation route to get there.

Any suggestions?

24 Answers Oct 9, 2016 at 4:49 AM

Aziz Mahmut Hudayi Mosque

by lucyguajardo Online Now Aug 27, 2016 at 9:02 PM

Anybody have visit Aziz Mahmut Hudayi Mosque? Can tourist go in? Is the area where is located ok for tourist to be walking around?

7 Answers Aug 28, 2016 at 6:42 PM

Which Turkish Bath

by lucyguajardo Online Now Aug 26, 2016 at 8:45 PM

After a lot of research I'm thinking in taking a turkish bath in one of the following places
      Cagaloglu
      Cemberlitas
      Ayasofya

I'm choosing a place close to my hotel as I wont have too much time the day I'm planning on doing it so I dont want to waste time in getting there. I'm staying close to Blue Mosque area.

I'm not looking for luxury but more for traditional. Any suggestion or I may be missing other option.

5 Answers Oct 8, 2016 at 9:28 PM
    • Dreadeddragon's Profile Photo

12 or 22 hours in Istanbul?

by Dreadeddragon Online Now Aug 19, 2016 at 4:00 PM

Hello! I'm heading to Egypt in October and my layover will be in Istanbul. Since I've never been, I figured I'd choose a flight with a decent layover and see if I can explore. I've got 2 options from what I've been seeing, and I've got some questions if anyone can help me. I'll preface by saying I'm a very tall, average sized, very pale white woman with blue eyes and unnatural red hair (I have extensions in my profile pic I'll remove before going). I'm pierced, though I'll take them out as well, and tattooed. Basically, I'm very clearly an alternative westerner. I'm wearing all conservative clothes there, light-weight long sleeves and pants, and I'll wrap my head if I need to.

If I do Istanbul on the way to Egypt, I arrive at 8:30pm, and leave at 6:45pm the next day. I'd need to find somewhere cheap and safe to stay overnight.

If I do Istanbul coming home from Egypt, I'd arrive at12:30am and leave at 2:45pm. I could get a locker and nap at the airport for a few hours.

So my questions are, first off, is it safe? I'll be with a friend in Egypt, but on my own in Istanbul, and I know a bit of Egyptian Arabic, but no Turkish. Second, which plan would be better? I'm on a tight budget, so if I can see enough on the way home that would be nice, but I'm concerned it's not enough time. Third, what should I see while I'm there and what's the best way to get around town?

Thanks so much!

13 Answers Aug 27, 2016 at 2:56 AM
    • safe to travel?

by imgettingmarried Online Now Jul 26, 2016 at 1:30 PM

My husband and I are planning a trip in Sept/Oct this year... concerned that the recent military coupe makes travel to Istanbul sketchy...

10 Answers Jul 29, 2016 at 5:23 AM
    • need a guide

by gkytzglr Online Now Jul 6, 2016 at 9:55 PM

need a guide in istanbul for 2 days anyone there?

3 Answers Jul 15, 2016 at 4:24 AM
    • complimentary hotel

by XerezZ Online Now Jun 17, 2016 at 12:25 PM

I am doing an overnight transition through Istanbul, has anyone tried this? if so how is the hotel? are there good eateries around the hotels? is it outside the airport? clean? I know I will need a visa too, can I just get the visa when I get there in case I don't stay in one of their hotels? please be kind enough to advice, thanks in advance, will be there end of this month June

18 Answers Jul 1, 2016 at 4:00 AM
    • AnnaM138's Profile Photo

safe and moderate rate hostel or homestay

by AnnaM138 Online Now Jun 2, 2016 at 9:35 PM

Hi All,
      I will be traveling from Europe (going home) in July and am thinking of stopping over in Istanbul for 3-4 days.
      Can any one advise me on the followings:
      1. Is Istanbul these days for tourist? (I am a woman, traveling alone)
      2. Is anyone here can recommend cheap-moderate rate homestay at considerably safe area? Or if anyone here from Istanbul is owning one?
      Thanking you in advance,
      Anna

6 Answers Jul 15, 2016 at 4:26 AM
    • Hijab shops

by miss_fida Online Now May 22, 2016 at 10:16 AM

Where can I buy Islamic Hijab in Istanbul? the kind that's full length and not 3/4 length?

8 Answers Jun 11, 2016 at 3:38 AM
    • Transportation to Big Camlica Hill from Kadikoy ferry docks

by Dcar1030 Online Now May 17, 2016 at 5:55 AM

I will be in Istanbul in a couple of weeks and would like to see the great view from Camlica HIll in Uskudar. Is there a bus that goes from the Kadikoy Ferry docks to Camlica Hill? If so, what is the bus # and where is the bus stop near the docks? What stop would I get off at near Camlica Hill? Can I catch a bus going the opposite direction at the same stop when I want to return to the Kadikoy ferry dock area? (or is the bus route a loop that does not return on the same street?) A lot of questions but I would appreciate any help. Thank you.

2 Answers May 17, 2016 at 11:24 AM
    • Turkish Visa

by Ian-in-Mansfield Online Now Apr 30, 2016 at 6:28 AM

I'm planning to visit Turkey later this year and from what I've read, since 5th of January 2016, I need to apply for my visa at the Turkish Embassy in London, yet from what I've read on different forums, it's still possible to get an e-visa online without going to the embassy. as you can imagine I'm rather confused about which is the correct way to get a visa. Could someone please clarify which is the correct procedure? Thanks in advance, Ian

14 Answers Jul 15, 2016 at 5:14 AM
    • Jasma's Profile Photo

International prepaid sim cards in Turkey

by Jasma Online Now Apr 26, 2016 at 10:08 PM

Hello, am arriving in Istanbul on May 3rd and will be staying in Istanbul for ten days and travelling to nearby places. Would like to know if international prepaid sim cards are easily available and what would be the approximate rates to make calls to India. Thank you.

2 Answers May 20, 2016 at 3:41 AM
    • To travel without visa to India from poland

by prakaps Online Now Apr 21, 2016 at 3:33 AM

Im an Indian citizen studying in poland. my visa had expired so I have a stamp on my passport which allows me to stay legally in poland until my temporary residence permit arrives. Is it possible to travel from poland to my country with a connecting flight in istanbul without my residence card or visa for poland ?
      Thankyou

2 Answers Apr 21, 2016 at 12:58 PM
    • DunaKal's Profile Photo

Istanbul, Bulgaria & Romania

by DunaKal Online Now Apr 1, 2016 at 9:55 AM

Hi all,
      I wanted to ask which district to stay in Istanbul, Varna, Sofia & Bucharist.
      Planning it for August.
      We are a family of four, us parents & two teenagers.
      Also, is better to do Istanbul- Sofia -Varna - Bucharist
      Or shall do Varna first then Sofia?
      What are the points of interest in Varna?
      As for transportation between the cities do you advise us to take planes or trains?
      Thank you.

2 Answers Apr 1, 2016 at 5:55 PM
    • Transport from SAW

by chantelle.schoeman Online Now Mar 29, 2016 at 7:58 AM

Hi Istanbul expert,

Please can I ask you advise in regards with transport. We are travelling next week for the very first time to Turkey. We will arrive at SAW airport. We need to get to Cityloft Suites but I am not sure what the best option would be in regards with transport.

We will be travelling in Turkey for 3 weeks so walking is not ideal since we will have a lot of luggage.

Please can you advise in regards with transfers and how the Havatas system work.

Thank you!!

5 Answers Mar 30, 2016 at 12:16 AM
    • Easter 2016 Safe to travel to Istanbul?

by Morphopera Online Now Mar 26, 2016 at 7:43 AM

Hi
      I am due to go with my husband and child to Istanbul next week (end of March) for 3 nights. Given the recent attack there, and the recent attacks in Brussels we are thinking it may not be the best of ideas. Any opinions? Would you travel there with your 8yr old? We are normally pretty hardy travellers but this time I am worried. Thanks

14 Answers Apr 19, 2016 at 12:24 AM
    • Vialand for adults?

by rayane Online Now Feb 28, 2016 at 6:13 AM

Hello.. i need to know if Vialand (Istanbul) worth visiting for 2 adults without kids ?
      our visit will be after 3 weeks (late March).
      Thank you

2 Answers Mar 17, 2016 at 6:23 PM
    • UBER IN ISTANBUL

by ortize0418 Online Now Feb 27, 2016 at 8:00 PM

any feedback on uber at Istanbul?, is language an issue with drivers?

1 Answer Feb 28, 2016 at 1:53 AM
    • 4 days in Instanbul - FAMILY TRIP

by ortize0418 Online Now Feb 27, 2016 at 7:52 PM

I'm traveling to Istanbul mid March with 3 children (11, 7 and 3 yrs), any suggestions on activities or places to visit with the kids?

2 Answers Mar 17, 2016 at 6:37 PM
    • mrs51315131's Profile Photo

Pierre Loti

by mrs51315131 Online Now Feb 22, 2016 at 12:41 AM

What is the history of Pierre Loti? How did it get it's name?

4 Answers Mar 17, 2016 at 6:45 PM
    • Odiya's Profile Photo

looking for support for a comprehensive plan

by Odiya Online Now Feb 8, 2016 at 4:22 AM

Budget: economic, Duration: 35 days, 4 Pax family
      sites targeted: Istanbul Islamic Historic sites + Swizterland Geneva Trekking,boating + Spain sites of Islamic history at Toledo, Cordoba, Seville, Granada + Morocco historic sites & adventures

14 Answers Feb 11, 2016 at 8:55 AM
    • Food Expenses in Istanbul

by justunique Online Now Feb 6, 2016 at 8:56 AM

Hi mates,

what's the Cost of a basic meal in Istanbul? For instance a donair, simit, etc.

Thanks.

5 Answers Mar 17, 2016 at 9:29 PM
    • Cappadocia

by justunique Online Now Feb 6, 2016 at 1:09 AM

Hi mates,

Can you suggest me some nice tourist places and activities in Cappadocia.

Thanks.

8 Answers Feb 6, 2016 at 7:31 AM
    • Istanbulkart

by justunique Online Now Feb 6, 2016 at 1:08 AM

Hi mates can you provide me some info regarding Istanbulkart.

After landing at Ataturk where can I purchase it and what's the price for it?

Any refundable or non-refundable fee associated with the purchase?

Does it cover rides in buses, metro, trams, ferries?

Thanks.

4 Answers Feb 9, 2016 at 9:10 AM
    • Price for Hot balloon

by justunique Online Now Feb 5, 2016 at 9:37 PM

Hi mates would like to know the Price for Hot balloon trip in Cappadocia, Turkey.

Thanks.

4 Answers Feb 6, 2016 at 7:33 AM