Israel

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Private guides and drivers

Israel Nov 17, 2016 at 7:08 PM

Who are some of the best private guides for Christian education and where can they be contacted?

What is the best way to arrange private transportation for five adults?

more
    • Traditional restaurants Tel Aviv

Tel Aviv-Yafo Nov 24, 2016 at 11:23 PM

Hello dear community
      Me and my partner have the possibility to explore Israel in December. We are so much looking forward experience this magical place again. Im looking for restaurants in Tel Aviv which serve traditional food. Do you know any places where we can enjoy good food in a cosy atmosphere?
      Your help is very much appreciated
      Jonas

more
    • elpariente's Profile Photo

Guides and books

Israel Yesterday

We are planning a short trip to Israel
      Can you recommend some good travel guide, more interested in the art, culture, locations to visit ... more than in the logistic ( Hotels, restaurants... )
      Also it will be appreciated if you recommend some books of Israel, related to art, culture, travels, history, novels...
      Thank you in advance

more
    • elpariente's Profile Photo

Guides and books

Israel Yesterday

We are planning a short trip to Israel
      Can you recommend some good travel guide, more interested in the art, culture, locations to visit ... more than in the logistic ( Hotels, restaurants... )
      Also it will be appreciated if you recommend some books of Israel, related to art, culture, travels, history, novels...
      Thank you in advance

4 Answers 1 hours ago
    • Traditional restaurants Tel Aviv

Tel Aviv-Yafo Nov 24, 2016 at 11:23 PM

Hello dear community
      Me and my partner have the possibility to explore Israel in December. We are so much looking forward experience this magical place again. Im looking for restaurants in Tel Aviv which serve traditional food. Do you know any places where we can enjoy good food in a cosy atmosphere?
      Your help is very much appreciated
      Jonas

4 Answers Nov 27, 2016 at 5:12 AM
    • Private guides and drivers

Israel Nov 17, 2016 at 7:08 PM

Who are some of the best private guides for Christian education and where can they be contacted?

What is the best way to arrange private transportation for five adults?

1 Answer Nov 17, 2016 at 11:04 PM
    • fsulaw's Profile Photo

Senior rates on Israel rail

Israel Oct 6, 2016 at 3:30 PM

Are only Israeli citizens allowed to use senior rates on the train? I can't find the answer at their website.

2 Answers Oct 7, 2016 at 2:20 AM
    • travelinxs's Profile Photo

Average cost of water deliveries in the Negev Desert for hikers

Israel Oct 1, 2016 at 12:02 PM

Hi gang. I'm planning a 1,300 mile walk across the Middle East and have been trying to sort out water caching or deliveries for the Negev in Israel. I've seen a website, Waterdrop, which can deliver water but can't find any record on the web of the average cost for each delivery for a solo traveller. If anyone has any info on this I'd be very grateful. Just trying to budget ahead.

Cheers
      Chris

14 Answers Oct 18, 2016 at 2:23 PM
    • SUGGESTIONS FOR A 'DO IT YOURSELF' FORTNIGHT IN ISRAEL

Israel Sep 30, 2016 at 5:09 AM

My wife and I are in our late fifties and plan to visit Israel next year spending a clear 14 days there. We would like to do thing at an easy pace. We have a reasonable interest in History and do not have deep religious inclinations. We are therefore only interested in a general sightseeing and getting an overview of the lovely country. We do not mind spending some time in cities and on beaches. We largely prefer ‘do it yourself’ travel, supported by some day / longer duration guided tours. We do not prefer taxis but use buses / trains etc. After a preliminary study, I feel that perhaps we could divide our time as follows: Tel Aviv - 4 days; Jerusalem - 5 days, Guided Tour of Northern Israel - 4 days, and Guided Tour of Masada / Dead Sea 1 day. Request advice and comments on: (1) is the distribution of time in various places OK? (2) Can we avoid taking a three / four days guided tour of Northern Israel but instead do Northern Israel by basing ourselves for one or two day in Haifa and one or two days at some other place (s) and then taking local tours from there if required? (3) If so where do we base ourselves and how do we go about it so that we can cover almost all that there is to see? (4) Any other suggestions would be most welcome. Thanks in advance.

4 Answers Oct 9, 2016 at 3:05 AM
    • Anything to do close to Ashdod for cruisers with limited mobility?

Ashdod Sep 23, 2016 at 10:05 AM

We will be arriving in Ashdod on Friday, Dec. 2, and are only there for a total of 9 hrs. We've been to Jerusalem & Bethlehem before. Is there anything to do in or near Ashdod?
      Thanks for any suggestions.

5 Answers Oct 9, 2016 at 5:23 AM
    • Holydays in israel

Israel Aug 31, 2016 at 3:14 AM

what is the best place to visit in israel?

4 Answers Sep 14, 2016 at 1:25 AM
    • zhangyi's Profile Photo

about Shabat transportation to Acre

Haifa Aug 28, 2016 at 1:24 AM

i want go to Acre in shabat day,please tell me which way I can choose,thanks

6 Answers Sep 5, 2016 at 4:56 AM
    • Clerkship in Israel?

Israel Aug 1, 2016 at 10:44 AM

Hello :)

I study medicine and just got offerd a clerkship for February of 2017 in Israel. Its going to be either in Tel aviv, Jerusalem or Haifa. I sadly cant choose which one though.

My family is quite worried though so i wanted to ask if you think it is worth to take the risk and how high you think the risk is.

The department for outgoings suggests to avoid puplic areas as well as bus and train stations.

Laura

8 Answers Aug 21, 2016 at 2:51 AM
    • holiday hours

Jerusalem Jun 12, 2016 at 3:58 AM

today is Shavuot. So, we are wanting to go to dinner. Will any restaurants be open in the mamilla after sunset?

1 Answer Jun 12, 2016 at 7:14 AM
    • Neighborhood suggestions for new Olim (Near tel Aviv)

Israel Jun 1, 2016 at 4:03 PM

Shalom,

I'm making Aliyah to Israel and in the process of reviewing the different cities/neighborhoods. If there isn't much of a cost difference between Tel Aviv & surrounding areas please let me know. Based on my below criteria, any suggestions for a best suited area?

-Within 1 hour to Tel Aviv (approximately) using public transportation

-Affordable as possible

-English speaking community

-Dog friendly

-Diverse mix of people with overall open-mindedness (diverse mix of religions too)

-Thriving community with businesses, schools, restaurants & friendly to Olim

-Farmers markets & ample veggie/fruits availability

So far, I've looked into Be’er Sheva, Rishon LeZion, Netanya, Giv'atayim, Ramat Gan. Although I've never been to Israel before so any suggestions would be sincerely appreciated, thanks.

14 Answers Jun 27, 2016 at 5:00 AM
    • DaniseF's Profile Photo

Travel time

Eilat May 18, 2016 at 10:39 PM

How long is the travel time from Tel Aviv to Eilat by Egged Bus?

7 Answers Aug 13, 2016 at 12:23 AM
    • Best Friday night shabbat meal?

Tel Aviv-Yafo May 17, 2016 at 10:31 AM

We will be staying in Tel aviv for the weekend and are looking for a good Friday night meal at one of the hotels. Does anyone have a good suggestion and places to stay away from?
      Thanks!

3 Answers Jun 5, 2016 at 4:57 AM
    • Donna_in_India's Profile Photo

Jerusalem at Easter

Jerusalem May 6, 2016 at 4:33 AM

Just wondering if Jerusalem is manageable on Easter day(and a few days after) or is it too crowded?

3 Answers May 8, 2016 at 4:24 AM
    • Choice of desert tour

Israel Apr 29, 2016 at 4:23 PM

I have two possible desert tours that I can take during my June Israel trip. Not sure which one might be the best bet. Price is the same. Both through Abraham tours. Thoughts? Why would one be better than the other? Thanks for the feedback!

1) abrahamtours.com/tours/best-... - Small Crater, Ben Gurion grave, Ein Avdat nature reserve, Bedouin camp

2) abrahamtours.com/tours/deser... - Mount Azazel, Views of Mar Saba, Ein Prat nature reserve

5 Answers May 1, 2016 at 5:49 AM
    • Jewelry supplies

Tel Aviv-Yafo Apr 28, 2016 at 7:32 AM

There is a cup chain manufacturer in this area but I can''t seem to find out who they are. Here is an example of what they make> I am hoping someone can help me.

zdp-findings.com/antique-sil...

1 Answer Apr 28, 2016 at 11:33 AM
    • Shekels to have on-hand

Israel Apr 21, 2016 at 6:25 PM

How much NIS should I expect to spend in a week on groceries and perhaps a little restaurant food (one person)? What are the current auto fuel prices/gal? I'd like an idea of about how much NIS to have exchanged when I arrive.
      Thanks.

12 Answers May 1, 2016 at 5:28 AM
    • Prices in Israel

Israel Apr 21, 2016 at 10:06 AM

How much should I expect to spend in a week on groceries and perhaps a little restaurant food (one person)? What are the current auto fuel prices?
      Thanks.

2 Answers Apr 25, 2016 at 5:55 AM
    • Restaurants in Haifa

Israel Apr 21, 2016 at 12:37 AM

we are staying at this Haifa apartment hotel http://sinai1.co.il/amenities.cfm
      During the next few days and looking for a good restaurants in that area.
      we would like to receive a recommendation

3 Answers May 1, 2016 at 4:54 AM
    • Best Beach

Israel Apr 19, 2016 at 9:47 AM

I'll be coming from Yavne'el area and want to know how to get to a nice beach in Haifa?
      Thanks.

1 Answer Apr 21, 2016 at 4:03 AM
    • Toll charges

Israel Apr 19, 2016 at 8:53 AM

How much NIS should I have ready when I travel from Ben Gurion Airport to Yavne'el area on Hwy 6?
      Thanks

4 Answers Apr 21, 2016 at 3:51 AM
    • Luggage locker accessibility on Saturday?

Israel Apr 18, 2016 at 1:25 PM

We are arriving at Ben Gurion on a Saturday morning and would like to stash our luggage for the day. The airport website says their luggage storage is closed on Saturday, but the railway station has automated lockers.

rail.co.il/en/stations/pages...

Does anyone know if they are accessible on Saturday, even though the trains are not running? Or is the station locked up?

4 Answers Apr 19, 2016 at 10:54 AM
    • Best car rental agency at Ben Gurion Airport

Haifa Apr 17, 2016 at 1:25 PM

Also what's the best kind of car to drive around Israel?

5 Answers Apr 19, 2016 at 9:45 AM
    • What to visit on the way from Jerusalem to Eilat and back?

Israel Mar 13, 2016 at 2:38 PM

I am planning to take car from Jerusalem to go to Eilat. I was planning to make a stop at Dead Sea, Masada and Ein Bokek. What else would you recommend to visit on the way, and how much time should I take to be comfortable? I will also go back to Jerusalem so it doesnt not have to be all at once.Also, which beach to visit on Dead Sea? Thank you

5 Answers Mar 21, 2016 at 12:10 AM
    • Canadian travelling to israel

Israel Mar 13, 2016 at 11:12 AM

Hello, I am a Canadian travelling to Israel...id like to know about the passport rules for entry...thank you.

15 Answers Mar 15, 2016 at 10:22 AM
    • Risk to visit Old City (Jerusalem) and Mount of Olives per foot

Israel Feb 7, 2016 at 5:10 AM

In view of the current security situation, would it be advisable to visit the Old City and Mount of Olives alone and on foot, or should one rather join a tour group? Thanks for consideration.

4 Answers Feb 16, 2016 at 10:15 AM
    • Travel per rented vehicle between Jerusalem to Masada and Ein Bokek alongside Dead Sea

Israel Feb 7, 2016 at 5:04 AM

Can you please assist on whether it is advisable to travel alone by rented vehicle between Jerusalem to Masada and Ein Bokek alongside Dead Sea for a day visit?

3 Answers Feb 7, 2016 at 10:50 PM
    • Best family neighborhoods?

Israel Jan 13, 2016 at 7:52 PM

Hi all! My husbands job is taking us to israel this spring for 2-3 years. I'm wondering what some of the best neighborhoods/areas would be to look for housing? We have a 3 yr old, and he will be working in Beersheba- but we were thinking of living in tel aviv? Any pointers or thoughts as to good areas to live would be appreciated!

14 Answers Jan 17, 2016 at 11:24 PM
    • Can you recommend on a company that does tours in Israel?

Israel Jan 12, 2016 at 6:34 AM

Hello

I would love to get your recommendations.

Thanks!

4 Answers Apr 11, 2016 at 10:26 PM