Travel Answers
Isola del Giglio

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Best romantic country area in Tuscany?

Tuscany Jul 14, 2016 at 2:32 AM

Dears,

I am planning to visit Tuscany for 2 days this September with my partner. I am wondering about the best place preferably a countryside overlooking the sea where we can have rent a small villa for a quite and private time while still being able to get to the town center, enjoy good food, and mingle with the locals.
      Thank you!

more
    • Booking for beach necessary?

Castiglioncello Jul 2, 2016 at 1:39 PM

I'm going to Castiglioncello tomorrow for the day and was wondering if I will be able to use the beaches as I am not staying at a hotel or have made any bookings.

more
    • 5 days in Tuscany

Tuscany 10 hours ago

Hi all

My girlfriend and I will be visiting Tuscany tomorrow and the next 5 days.

We are based in Radda in Chianti.

Any good travel tips/places to go or see within the area? (50-100 km)

We plan to go to Pisa to see the Tower on our drive into Tuscany. We have a car with us.

We like cozy, small old cities, Nice restaurants, Nature and scenic views. We are NOT so much into museums etc.

more
    • theflickguy's Profile Photo

Wineries near Siena

Siena Yesterday

We will be staying near Siena and would like any suggestions you could offer for wineries that we could visit. We will have a car so we're not interested in a bus tour, just some nearby places that offer tours of their wineries and vineyards. Has anyone been to one of these places that you could recommend?

more
    • Swimming Pools

Montecatini Terme Jul 16, 2016 at 2:02 PM

Are there any swimming pools in Montecatini?

more
    • informations about Florence

Florence Jul 28, 2016 at 3:27 AM

Hello, I will arrive soon in Florence and I would like to know:
      1. which are advices concerning safety in touristic areas, except scammers, thieves, are there terrorist alerts?
      2. could someone to recommend me some travel agencies for a one day trip to Sienna or Pisa?
      3. Are there local free guided tours?
      Thank you!

more
    • letsgo247's Profile Photo

Where to stay in Tuscany

Tuscany Jul 10, 2016 at 1:07 PM

In 2017, 5 of us will be staying in Cinque Terre for 5-7 nights and then want to move on to the Tuscany area. We will have a car, if needed, and would like to be assessable to Florence, Pisa and the small town/rural experiences of the area. We expect to rent a 3BR apartment/villa. A coastal town is fine but I fear that we'll wish we had stayed somewhere inland. Any suggestions and THANKS??

more
    • A day in Florence - what to see or do to have best experience

Florence Jul 1, 2016 at 5:39 AM

Hi, I will be staying in Rome with my hubby for 4 nights in last week of july & have already booked train tickets to visit Florence in a day (early morning till late evening).

As this is our first time to Italy, please advise what should we see or do or try? Both of us are good with walking. Food, shopping and history are our interests.

Thank you for your help!

more
    • CRUISERMAN's Profile Photo

GETTING AROUND

San Gimignano Jul 16, 2016 at 7:27 AM

Hi, we will be visiting Italy in October and not being seasoned travelers I would like to find out whether there are taxi/cabs operating around San Gimignano. We are staying about 3 kilometers out of the center in a self catering apartment. We are taking the train from Rome to Florence, then bus to San Gimignano on the 4 October. Our idea is to do a guided bus tour to Pisa on one day from San Gimignano and therefore do not want to hire a car in Florence to leave it standing. All advice and suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

more
    • Isola del Giglio

by goodbetti Online Now Feb 7, 2014 at 10:48 PM

My family (ages range from 4 to a quite fit 80) is considering a trip to Isola del Giglio in June. what part of the island would you recommend staying in? I see options near La Cannella beach, Il Porto and Il Castello. Also how easy is it to get around the island on foot or by bus (again considering we have seniors in our group)? any good hiking recommendations? any tips are appreciated - thanks!

1 Answer Feb 8, 2014 at 1:29 AM