Travel Answers
Islas Plazas

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• 6 days in Ecuador - stick to day trips from Quito?

Ecuador Sep 18, 2016 at 11:23 PM

Hi,
      I will be in Ecuador for 6 days in October, flying into and out of Quito. I'm in my 40s, traveling solo, and my main interests are nature and authentic local experiences (e.g. authentic markets, rural life etc.). I strongly prefer independent travel over organized groups, but due to the short time I have, I might have to make some sacrifices there to avoid wasting time in long bus rides.
      Unfortunately I won't make it to Galapagos, so I'm not sure whether I should stay in Quito, spending 2-3 days in the city and going on day trips from there (e.g. to Cotopaxi, otavalo and Mindo), or is one of these places, or any other place, worth an overnight or longer trip.
      Any advice on how to experience the most nature and local experiences in such a short trip will be highly appreciated. Thanks !!

more
    • transfer from airport to Sheraton Quito

Ecuador Sep 1, 2016 at 6:50 AM

We arrive 11 pm . What is best way for senior citizens to get to hotel from Quito airport and what is the price?

more
    • Dragonlady's Profile Photo

taxi from Terminal Quitumbe to Cento Historico

Quito Sep 8, 2016 at 2:31 PM

How long is the taxi ride (late afternoon traffic) and what should I expect to pay?

more
    • Train or bus

Baños Sep 10, 2016 at 1:34 PM

How should we travel from Quito to Banos, train or bus?

more