Travel Answers

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Where to park CHEAP near Port Everglades while on a 12-day cruise.

Fort Lauderdale Oct 8, 2016 at 6:03 PM

Where can we park our car for 12-days near Port Everglades that is CHEAP?

• tranceperent's Profile Photo

Visiting South beach between 29th nov-5th dec

Miami Oct 18, 2016 at 12:17 AM

HI all, im visiting art miami between 29th nov to 5th december. Im from india. would love to meet local VTers from miami.
      if anyone up for it let me know so we can create VT meet accordingly

• Is this place vibrant?

Panama City Beach Oct 20, 2016 at 11:21 AM

Hi all, I know someone from England who has been here & he has recommended it to me. In England basically nobody hears of this destination. Is the beach nice? & is there a decent nightlife scene? Many thanks

• ohaiyo's Profile Photo

Going to Key West

Miami Oct 7, 2016 at 4:53 PM

Is there a shuttle bus or ferry from Miami to Key West? I am going during President's Day weekend next year.

• Hotels/motels

Florida Keys Oct 12, 2016 at 5:06 AM

Hi we are planning a 4-5 day trip down the keys hoping to stay 2 nights in key largo, not sure where to stay in the middle then maybe 2 nights in key west. I've been looking on a few hotel sites but am not sure whether to wait and book into places when we get there. Is it cheaper to just turn up at a motel or am I better to book early. We are a family of 3 and my daughter will be 15. Also any suggests as to where to stay in the middle of the keys. And any reasonable hotel/motel, ive been looking and it seems some of the not so desirable motels are around £150 a night which I think is a little steep. Any advise would be grateful.

• how many days orlando/florida and around

Orlando Oct 11, 2016 at 3:23 AM

travelling first time with 2 year old from india. we have 20 days in hand, want to cover most of south east, florida/ orlando/ georgia/ nearby/ coatsal area etc. how should we plan, we plan to return back to our home from washington. which all places and how should we cover in orlando et al. best places/ must visit/ not to miss. any practical tips will be highly appreciated. any specific theme park/ rides/shows that we must do or are most apt with 2 year old? plz help us plan. heard that because of jet lag we must do non theme park things first giving babay to adjust.. should we stay at two different places or be at one hotel only all during our stay? 

• Travelling in and around Orlando

Orlando Oct 2, 2016 at 6:02 AM

Myself and three friends are hiring a villa in kissimmee in march next year.

We were wondering whether it is better to get around via bus or to hire a car?

• Islander Resort

by pschelitzche Online Now Apr 16, 2015 at 7:19 PM

Has anyone stayed at the Islander Resort?

1 Answer Apr 17, 2015 at 12:35 PM
    • will be traveling with our young family late march... want to avoid the 'springbreakers"

by salvager62 Online Now Dec 31, 2014 at 8:39 PM

Best place in the keys to avoid spring breakers while still being on the beach.Looking to rent a private cottage or townhouse. Thought we might try for one of the last minute cruise deals as an alternative.

1 Answer Jan 1, 2015 at 11:06 AM
    • best beach

by aloumakis Online Now Jul 7, 2014 at 10:59 AM

I am planning a trip to The Keys and Islamorada has been highly recommended to me. I am not much of a swimmer, but do enjoy walking along the shoreline, getting in the water up to my knees. From looking at pictures, it seems there are very few locations where one can do this. Can you tell me the best beach location on Islamorada?

4 Answers Jul 8, 2014 at 10:39 AM

by kristineherd Online Now Apr 3, 2014 at 10:58 AM

what are some fun things to do in Islamorada with a 5 and 7 year old?

1 Answer Apr 3, 2014 at 10:59 AM
    • Doctors in Islamorada?

by Curlenjik Online Now Feb 17, 2014 at 11:06 PM

Son and wife and 2 children (6yr old and 1 month old) are relocating from LA to Islamorada. Who are the best physicians there or very nearby? What is the best Hospital within easy reach?

Any other transportation from Miami to Islamorada besides car?

Thanks for your attention and advice.

1 Answer Feb 18, 2014 at 7:41 AM
    • prof.oak's Profile Photo

Good Snorkeling Guides?

by prof.oak Online Now Jul 14, 2012 at 7:37 PM

My family and I are heading to the Tavernier/Islamorada area in about a week. We plan to do snorkeling. Can anyone recommend some good guides in the area?

• HollyEch's Profile Photo

Please help me..

by HollyEch Online Now Jan 29, 2007 at 6:07 PM

I am trying to plan a wedding for March of 2008. I currently live in Charleston, SC, but have been looking at Islamorada, FL to have my small wedding. Can someone PLEASE help me and let me know about Pierre's Restaurant. I have looked at the web page, but you all know looks can be deceiving. Any help or suggestion would be greatly appreciated.
      Thank you,

3 Answers Feb 10, 2008 at 3:09 PM
    • resjenks's Profile Photo

Topsider I Resort on Lower Matecumbe Key

by resjenks Online Now Nov 19, 2006 at 2:08 PM

My husband and I are going to be staying at the Topsider Resort in Islamorada in August through our timeshare. Anybody know anything about the resort? Does it have a nice beach? Also, anybody have any suggestions about restaurants or things to do?

1 Answer Jul 30, 2007 at 12:34 PM
    • Matecumbe Resort (time share)

by Islands722 Online Now Apr 21, 2006 at 6:42 AM

I am heading to Islamorada for a week April 29th and staying at the Metacumbe Resort. Has anyone stayed there or has seen the resort? If so, is it pretty and can you swim on the beach, if there is one. The internet doesn't have many photo's of this resort. Thanks

4 Answers Mar 11, 2009 at 6:06 AM
    • PADI certified diving charters

by BuddyD Online Now Mar 5, 2005 at 5:25 AM

My wife and I were certified for open water scuba diving last year and want to continue our training along with some recreational diving in mid-March. Can anybody recommend a good dive charter shop in Islamorada or surrounding area? We're novices but do not want to go out on a cattle boat and prefer more individualized instruction. Thanks!

3 Answers Mar 8, 2005 at 10:15 AM
    • GUYON's Profile Photo

by GUYON Online Now Oct 12, 2003 at 12:53 AM

Where can we have a brunch in Islamorada ? Is there a brunch in the Holiday Isle Resort ? Thanks RAY

3 Answers Oct 13, 2003 at 7:43 AM
    • GUYON's Profile Photo

Holiday Isle Beach Resort

by GUYON Online Now Sep 21, 2003 at 6:42 AM

The accomodations in this resort seem to be expensive except the Harbor Lights which is not on the front beach. 1/ Is somebody has a personal experience of this accomodation ? Is it a good place ? 2/ Is this accomodation far from the night life of the resort ? Thanks RAY

1 Answer Mar 27, 2005 at 4:57 PM
    • GUYON's Profile Photo

Holiday Isle

by GUYON Online Now Sep 6, 2003 at 1:54 AM

Last year we passed by this resort in November and we wish to go back in November 2003 for a short stay (2 days) without child. Is somebody has an experience of this resort ro share with me ? There are several hotels. What is the best on your opinion ? Thanks RAY

1 Answer Sep 6, 2003 at 3:48 AM