Travel Answers

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• safety to kalam and naran

Bad Swat Oct 22, 2016 at 6:12 AM

Dear I wish to travel to Naran but i also have choice to visit Kalam so if somebody can help me with the answer for the following question i would really appreciate..
      1) Which area is more beautiful Kalam or Naran?
      2) Which place has unsafe roads going to Naran or going to Kalam in term of road conditions, heavy traffic, land sliding, slippery roads and opposite side rush driving, and how is road safety?
      3) Is Mid of April ok to visit these places will there be heavy rain or snow i want to go when roads are mostly dry?
      4) How are hotels in both places, quality wise, expensive wise?
      5) Very important question normal driver having experience on plane road can drive on these curved roads?
      6) Automatic corolla will be enough to drive on these roads?
      7) How much in KM is kalam from Pesh and are there petrol pumps available on normal interval?

Please answer these question i hope you people will help me

• Info about tourism

Hunza Oct 5, 2016 at 10:36 AM

Is it safe to travel now to the chilas region and fairy meadows, considering the road and weather condition? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

• Murree visit

Murree Sep 30, 2016 at 3:02 AM

I want to visit murree with my class fellow female and i want to stay in murree is there any kind of restrictions there ?? And what the the rates of hotels and the cable cart in new murree is working ??i want to come in the mid of October 2016

• engr.sikanderhayat's Profile Photo

Trip to Naran

Naran Oct 17, 2016 at 11:53 PM

I have planned to visit Naran on 20th of October. Can you please guide me would it be possible to go till babusar top and it is safe as some friends are advising me that there could be an issue of land sliding etc. and which way you suggest via kashmir or abbotabad and why. Thaks

• Trip to Naran

Naran Oct 10, 2016 at 1:03 PM

Salam friends,
      I am new to the site and hats off to all of you for helping fellow Pakistanis. I have some queries for travelling to Naran as i have never travelled there so if any one can help it will be appreciated.
      1) I want to go from peshawar to Naran but dont want to go through Swat as roads are dangerous so possible route?
      2) (v v Imp )Is Kaghan and Naran possible to visit between 15th April to 25th April as i have this window only to travel there?
      3) What will be the weather conditions and road status during month of April e.g Snowy or sunny or rainy ?
      4) Can i go from Naran to Kalam ?
      5) If i take my vehicle with my family is it safe will the road be dry and not slippery ?
      6) Are pertol pumps available on regular intervals ?
      7) Are hotel there safe to stay with your family?

Hoping to get an answer from you people and if the one who travel in recent days answers it will do wonders for me.

• karore's Profile Photo

Chitral/Kafristan in December

Chitral Oct 3, 2016 at 5:05 PM

Is it possible to travel to Chitral and Kafiristan in Dec/Jan. How is the weather? Can you recommend any hotels and travel agencies.

• Visa/cancellation/Ban related

Pakistan Oct 2, 2016 at 2:48 AM

Hi everyone. Last year I came back to my country from UAE but did not return back there. I did not get my visa cancelled. Few days back my companies PRO told me that inspite of me back to my country and not returning back before 6 months, my employer got my visa cancelled in the "NORMAL WAY", I dont know what that means because by normal way cancellation I understand that if I was in UAE and got my visa cancelled. My question is since I did not return to UAE before 6 months, can normal cancellation happen WITHOUT any immigration ban?? If he did get it cancelled normally, can he put any immigration ban afterwards or before?? Pls respond. I have been asking this question in many other places but never got any reply.

• alikhann's Profile Photo

NonB visa requirement (Document) for pakistani

Pakistan Nunt Oct 26, 2016 at 12:14 AM

I intend to visit thailand to look for small business oppertunities and to apply for legal formalities I was asked by my thai lawyer to apply for nonB visa from my home country pakistan (Karachi). I will be needing 60 days stay in thailand for all legal work in term of starting own business Thailand embassy in my country not responding any mail as i am trying from last 10 days.

• Western Clothing

by Waqas-2495 Online Now Aug 19, 2016 at 7:06 AM

Hi All,

I am from Karachi. Me n my wife are planning to visit islamabad then we'll move to Murree and Kaghan. My wife wanted to wear a knee/thigh length skirt. Can it be worn only in Islamabad during the tour? Or it can be worn in some particular area in Islamabad?
      Have anyome seen a pakistani women wearing a skirt or mini skirt there?
      Plz asvise!

4 Answers Aug 22, 2016 at 11:16 PM
    • Cheap convince within city

by Naeems Online Now Jul 12, 2016 at 8:09 PM

I Want to visit Islamabad city in my vacation. My concern is long distance of destinations from the city centre,,, any advice for affordable transportation to reach them?

1 Answer Jul 28, 2016 at 8:59 PM
    • Islamabad to Gilgit - travel advice!

by dsc108 Online Now Nov 26, 2015 at 9:10 AM

Could anyone please recommend a company/tour operator with which to hire a car and driver to take me and a friend from Islamabad to Gilgit via. various towns over c. 2-3 days in early-mid December?

2 Answers Nov 27, 2015 at 8:02 AM
    • women's wear in Islamabad

by NathalieH Online Now Nov 8, 2015 at 2:43 PM

Going to settle down in Islamabad for a while, I would like to know what most foreigner women wear.

11 Answers Aug 21, 2016 at 9:18 PM
    • I want to go Bara Gali. Which route is more feasible from Islamabad Airport

by Imran_js Online Now Aug 1, 2015 at 9:18 PM

1) Islamabad airport to Faizabad bus stop then from there bus to Natia Gali and then to Bara Gali

2) Islamabad airport to Daewoo Bus Terminal Rawalpindi then from there to Abbottabad and then Bara Gali.

Kindly Guide.

• Travel cost

by karenstandley Online Now Apr 21, 2015 at 5:59 AM

How much does it cost for a taxi from Islamabad airport to Khuiratta

2 Answers Jun 26, 2015 at 3:53 AM
    • Taxi fare from Islamabad Airport to Rawalpindi Daweoo Terminal

by ReelsOnWheels Online Now Jul 16, 2014 at 3:46 AM

Hi Guys,

Can any one help me with the current Taxi fares from Islamabad Airport to Rawalpindi Daweeo Terminal? I have checked the distance on google which is approximately 26km and take around 27 mins to get to Daweeo Terminal from Islamabad Airport, however, still havent got any luck with the fare price.

I also heard about the Taxi booths at the airport, can anyone tell me the difference between the local taxis and the cab booths?

I will appreciate your time and effort.

5 Answers Jun 26, 2015 at 9:45 PM
    • places to visit in pakistan now a days.....

by ShabanaM Online Now Jun 6, 2014 at 9:52 AM

places to visit in pakistan now a days.....

2 Answers Jul 17, 2014 at 6:42 PM
    • wash clothes

by susanlg Online Now May 20, 2014 at 2:02 AM

Where can I go to wash clothes in Islamabad? Laundry services expensive (25.00 u.s dollars for a load)

3 Answers May 20, 2014 at 6:47 AM
    • stay in islamabad near Higher education commission H 9

by maira_rehmat2000 Online Now Sep 1, 2013 at 10:33 AM

any hotel in sector H 9?

1 Answer Sep 1, 2013 at 10:37 AM
    • HajarS's Profile Photo

Dress code in Islamabad

by HajarS Online Now Aug 31, 2013 at 10:10 AM

I'll come to visit Islamabad in a few days and I would like to have an idea about the clothes that I am supposed to wear and those and I should avoid. thank you

4 Answers Jul 17, 2014 at 6:43 PM
    • moving to Islamabad

by EvelynRiaz Online Now Aug 26, 2013 at 8:19 AM

i am moving to Pakistan next year from the US and I would like to know what should i bring the must haves.

2 Answers Aug 26, 2013 at 8:41 AM
    • Islamabad to Mumbai

by analise_star Online Now Aug 20, 2013 at 7:03 AM

How many degrees east is Islamabad, Pakistan from Mumbai, India?

2 Answers Aug 20, 2013 at 9:50 PM
    • getting a job in islamabad

by weseemahmed Online Now Jul 24, 2013 at 11:55 AM

How hard is it for a female from the USA, who holds a bachelor's degree in Graphic Design , to get a job in Islamabad?

6 Answers Aug 6, 2013 at 5:14 AM
    • chavez's Profile Photo

Bus to MIRPUR

by chavez Online Now Mar 11, 2013 at 9:14 AM

What coach / bus service is available from Islamabad to Mirpur?

How much ?

4 Answers Mar 11, 2013 at 1:27 PM
    • Outdoors

by ErumNadeem Online Now Jan 27, 2013 at 4:28 PM

Can i get horse ride without membership?
      N please any link about the tandem flight in paragliding ?

4 Answers Jan 31, 2013 at 7:57 AM
    • Living in Islamabad

by northern_dancer Online Now Dec 14, 2012 at 1:57 PM

Hi all!

I have a potential opportunity to work and live in Islamabad and wanted to get some information about furnished apt/studios (doesn't need to be in the sectors as F6 as I heard its quite expensive there).

As a non-Pakistani female, would it be difficult to find a place to rent?

Cost of Accomodation / utilities?
      Food cost?

Basicaly, how much is it realistically to live i.e food, electric, gas, water, internet, telephone...

Whats the least amount you would need as a salary?

Any information/comments/advice would be appreciated :)

6 Answers Jul 17, 2014 at 6:48 PM
    • Transport for students in Islamabad?

by JohnR.Dilworth Online Now Aug 12, 2012 at 7:22 AM

Note: I dont know if this question is inappropriate to ask in a travel forum, if so, then moderators can delete this post.

I have taken admission in Computer Science at FAST islamabad, FAST is located in Sector H-11/4 and I will be living in Sector F-8/3. I want to know about the situtation of Public Transport in Islamabad? How much will a Taxi Cost, Pick and drop from the university? do any public vans,wagons, buses run in the city? if so, how much will it cost and will their route be from f-8 to h-11?

5 Answers Jul 17, 2014 at 6:49 PM
    • Riazmurtaza's Profile Photo

Transportation from Islamabad airport to Daewoo bus stop Islamabad or Rawalpindi

by Riazmurtaza Online Now Aug 5, 2012 at 7:50 PM

Me and my wife are arriving Islamabad airport at 4am. Want to know, if there is any bus service from the airport to Islamabad Daewoo or Rawalpindi Daewoo bus stations. If not what will be an aprox cost for a taxi. We have to travel to Lahore on the same day. Is it safe to take a taxi ! Please write in details.

3 Answers Aug 11, 2012 at 4:40 PM
    • Khanpur Dam ?

by sarmadshaheen Online Now Jun 3, 2011 at 6:08 AM

Has anybody visited Khanpur Dam ?
      I am interested in visiting Water sports in Khanpur Dam

1 Answer Jun 3, 2011 at 1:55 PM
    • innocentlook's Profile Photo

outdoor birthday party

by innocentlook Online Now Jan 27, 2011 at 10:24 AM

i want to arrange an outdoor lunch for my sister birthday.i want to give her surprise treat by arranging all decoration outside with family please guide me which hotel offers outdoor arrangement at islamabad....i will be very thankful to you.........

2 Answers Feb 8, 2013 at 12:38 AM
    • Renat A moter Boat

by baig.sarfraz Online Now Jun 13, 2010 at 2:42 AM

we want 4 boat on rant base

2 Answers Sep 2, 2010 at 10:08 PM
    • life in Islamabad with a baby

by gaelle180 Online Now Jun 8, 2010 at 9:34 AM

I have the opportunity to go to Islamabad with my husband and my 6 month baby .. but I am hesitating due to the security context.
      I wonder if I can walk in parks with my child, go to the restaurant, have a "normal" life there.
      Do you know if a lot of expatriates are living there with their family ? Is it easy to find nannies ?

Thank you

5 Answers Jun 11, 2010 at 1:05 PM
    • China market F-6 location

by tremore Online Now Mar 4, 2010 at 2:30 AM

I want exact location of China market in sector F-6 islamabad. Sub sector and street number.
      Thanks in advance

1 Answer Mar 6, 2010 at 1:49 AM
    • irfankash's Profile Photo

by irfankash Online Now Dec 21, 2009 at 6:54 AM

Hello VT Friends & members

I am waiting for your participation in the meeting which I have arrange on FEB 2010.

YOU can search on Meetings

1 Answer Mar 22, 2010 at 12:43 PM
    • tremendopunto's Profile Photo

Islamabad Airport

by tremendopunto Online Now Jan 23, 2009 at 2:30 AM

Pakistan Zintabad!

Hello everybody,

I have a question about necessary connection times at the Islamabad Airport from an incoming intl. flight to a domestic/national flight within Pakistan.
      Are 2 hours enough to disembark, passportcontrol, receiving luggage and getting an ongoing flight within Pakistan?

Thanks a lot,

5 Answers Jan 24, 2009 at 2:36 AM
    • Anyone can give a clear picture of the safety especially for single women in islamabad...

by karulann Online Now Nov 17, 2008 at 1:05 PM

Hi All,

I will be going to Islamabad for half a year for work related trip. The accommodation and transportation has already been arrange. I'm a fairly independent person, so going out alone should be ok for me.

I prefer not to make judgment of a place unless I have gone there and see it with my own eyes, but my colleague has been to Karachi has advised me to not go out alone. And that I must have someone to accompany me and that it is better for me to stay in rather than go out as it is not that safe.

So for all of you guys, who is living or gone to Islamabad give a clear picture of the safety especially to a single women. Is it fairly safe just like in any city in the world for me to out alone to shop, visit museum, go for a hike and etc's. As it would be a waste for me to go to Pakistan but do not enjoy/experience/see the real deal.

Btw, aside from that. As I'm from a no-winter season country. Is it very cold during the November to January? And also what is the recommended appropriate attire/cloth to wear in Islamabad.

Thanks in advance

10 Answers Feb 8, 2013 at 12:37 AM
    • allyson31mtim's Profile Photo

rose and jasmine garden

by allyson31mtim Online Now Aug 27, 2008 at 8:56 PM

i read on the internet that the rose and jasmine garden is being renovated. is it closed to the public during this time? i read somewhere it was going to take 3 months :( and i'm going to be there in october.

3 Answers Sep 19, 2008 at 11:14 AM
    • where

by zuko123 Online Now Jul 20, 2008 at 5:59 PM

when was the faisal masjid build and who build it too.

1 Answer Jul 20, 2008 at 11:52 PM
    • where can I shop??

by sahiqa Online Now May 29, 2008 at 2:34 AM

can any 1 help me please, i would like 2 know where can i shop for to find wall hanging tapestry and indian bedding from islamabad?

2 Answers May 31, 2008 at 12:44 AM