Travel Answers
Isla de la Gomera

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Pijlmans's Profile Photo

San Sebastian de la Gomera or Valle Gran Rey?

by Pijlmans Online Now Sep 12, 2013 at 11:50 AM

Hello,

Looking to book a two week holiday during Xmas 2013 on La Gomera (Canary Islands)

We want to alternate days on the beach with day-hikes all over the island, and we'll have a car.

We have narrowed down our choices to something in or near San Sebastian de la Gomera or Valle Gran Rey.

Is there a lot of difference in the weather or the quality of the beaches?

Please help me make the right decision :-)

Cheers,

Dennis

• Pijlmans's Profile Photo

Best place to stay at La Gomera

by Pijlmans Online Now Sep 10, 2013 at 10:21 AM

Hello, looking for a good town to stay at La Gomera for two weeks around Xmas.

It seems that the south of the island is the warmest with most chance of spending some time in the sun.

The coast looks really rocky: Are there any good beaches?

We would like to alternate days on the beach with day-hikes all over the island.

If you have a good suggestion for a self-catering apartment, that's welcome as well...

Cheers,
      Dennis

• romeohotel's Profile Photo

Ferries from Tenerife

by romeohotel Online Now Mar 2, 2011 at 6:26 AM

Hello, my wife and I are looking forward to our holiday in La Gomera. We arrive mid March, and are spending one night in Tenerife as our flight arrives too late for the last ferry. Is it ok to just turn up at the ferry port next morning or should we book ahead? Thanks for any replies.

3 Answers Mar 2, 2011 at 9:34 AM
    • la gomera as a day trip from tenerife?

by eugene.uk Online Now Dec 11, 2010 at 3:59 AM

Dear all

We are planning to visit La Gomera as a day trip from Tenerife. We are not too keen on group tours and we would much rather visit the island independently, at our own pace. However, we have been told that rental cars (we will be renting one in Tenerife) cannot be taken on ferryboats from one island to another… Is this true? What other options do we have?

Thank you all in advance.

2 Answers Dec 12, 2010 at 11:49 PM
    • is a couple of hours enough?

by mymaya Online Now Aug 3, 2008 at 4:04 PM

hi
      We will be in Tenerife South soon and were thinking of taking the ferry to La Gomera from Los cristianos. I have been looking at d different ferries and their timetables. Can you advise me on how much time we need to spend in la gomera. I mean would u try to stay a whole day or would 2 or 5 hours be enough? Is there anything in particular that we should make a point to see. i was interested in visiting la gomera as i have read it's a place of quiet and serenity. Or is the trip not worthwhile at all unless we plan to spend more than just a day?

please help!

• rogerhelm's Profile Photo

Fast Ferry bookings

by rogerhelm Online Now Oct 22, 2007 at 2:10 AM

Hi,
      we're planning to spend a week in La Gomera in late November and want to catch the 1330 Fred Olsen fast Ferry from los Cristianos.
      Do we need to book to be sure of getting on the ferry? The reason I ask is that we plan to hire a car for travel round La Gomera and need to inform the car hire co of our pick up time. If anyone knows of the best car hire co to use that would also be useful info.
      Thanks in anticipation.
      Roger

1 Answer Oct 22, 2007 at 9:57 AM
    • bourbalan

by ruthsteedman Online Now Jan 22, 2007 at 4:53 AM

i am looking at the top floor studio at Casa carlin in Bourbalan. Can anyone tell me how far it is to Vueltas? Are there any cafe's / restaurants in Bourbalan? My first trip to la Gomera so any advice helpful, particularly about Bourbalan as can't find anything about it

1 Answer Jun 25, 2007 at 5:00 AM
    • Travelling alone to Gomera, from tenerife?

by GedGed Online Now Jan 18, 2007 at 7:02 AM

Hi, I plan to fly to Tenerife South soon (not certain of date yet) and then travel on to Gomera. Can anyone advise me about how best to do this, including travel times and methods from the airport to which port, how to get across to the island, and how to go about finding accommodation independently once in Gomera. I'm looking for a quiet place to hang out, do some writing, but maybe with a bit of life at night times? Am I asking too much?
      Thanks.

1 Answer Nov 9, 2013 at 8:00 AM
    • sibbojohn's Profile Photo

Fery Timetables

by sibbojohn Online Now Nov 1, 2006 at 11:54 PM

Confusing departure times from Los Christianos, see website garajonayexpres.com

garajonayexpres.com/horarios...
      Does anybody know?

• sibbojohn's Profile Photo

CasasCanarias

by sibbojohn Online Now May 6, 2006 at 1:22 AM

Can anybody recommend CasasCanarias apartments?
      casascanarias.co.uk/Pro07_Be...

• HansWerner's Profile Photo

Hiking in Gomera in January

by HansWerner Online Now Nov 19, 2004 at 3:57 AM

I´m planning to go to Gomera for one week in January for hiking. Who offers guided tours ? Shall I book a tour here in Germany or at Gomera ? What about the prices for a tour and what about the weather in January ? Cheap flights Munich-Teneriffa ? Thank you all

• La Gomera

by kimsha Online Now Sep 10, 2004 at 4:13 AM

Hello there I am looking for more information about camping in La Gomera (Canary Islands) and also cheap car rental. many thanks kim

1 Answer Sep 10, 2004 at 4:27 AM
    • Oncale's Profile Photo

Gomera Churches

by Oncale Online Now Jul 4, 2004 at 4:16 PM

I want to visit Gomera in September 2004 and seek my wife's ancestors (Truxillo's) who left Gomera for Louisiana (USA) in 1778. My question is how many churches are there on the Island. That is where I believe my search must begin, in the church records. Any other suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks

1 Answer Oct 4, 2006 at 11:17 AM
    • La Gomera

by shurim Online Now Mar 1, 2004 at 1:01 PM

Inside knowledge of the island, contacts for accomodation, the best places to see, car hire and tours. A must place to see

1 Answer Mar 2, 2004 at 12:37 AM
    • Suzanne_M's Profile Photo

PHONE NUMBER / EMAIL ADDRESS FOR LAS JORDANAS / CASA MARIA!!!

by Suzanne_M Online Now Oct 28, 2003 at 6:08 AM

Hello again my dear VT friends, I will be spending 8 days or so in THE CANARIES in January 2004. I will be arriving in TENERIFE around noon time on DECEMBER 31 and I am planning on celebrating NEW YEARS EVE there. For EPIPHANY (JANUARY 6), I thought of going back to LA GOMERA, where I went in February 2002. The problem is I am trying to get in touch with the owner of the restaurant / hostel / bar where I stayed back then. I am looking for information on: LAS JORNADAS / CASA MARIA (both names are used) La Playa (that is the name of the village, really!) Valle Gran Rey If anybody has a PHONE NUMBER or an EMAIL, I would really appreciate this. This way, I could make a reservation for a couple of nights there. Thanks a million, zuzu

3 Answers Mar 1, 2004 at 12:57 PM
    • HarleyXXL's Profile Photo

plug socket

by HarleyXXL Online Now Oct 22, 2003 at 12:16 PM

In the next days, I go to La Gomera. I have with me my handy, my cam, my CD-player........many things which need power suppy. Do I need in spain (gomera) a special adapter for the plug socket? An other one than in Austria usual ? Is there a EU-Norm ? If a need an adapter, can I buy one in La gomera ? Can anybody help me ? Thankx Greetings from Vienna HarleyXXL

1 Answer Oct 24, 2003 at 2:10 PM
    • Visiting La Gomera in November

by civilservant Online Now Oct 10, 2003 at 11:13 PM

We are planning 10 days in La Gomera at the end of October, travelling independently and arriving Tenerife airport at 6.30 pm. We hope to get the last ferry from Los Christianos and then the last bus to Valle Gran Rey arriving there 9 or 10 pm. Will we have any trouble finding decent (but cheap) accommodation when we arrive. We thought probably to try La Calera as we like it quiet. Any suggestions or tips? (If we miss the last ferry we will stay in Los Christianos one night - suggestions welcome for a reasonable pension). We plan to hire a car next day - any suggestions or tips for which company to use? During our stay we will do some walking (we have the Sunflower guide), sightseeing and relaxing. Any tips for where to go (or to avoid) good places to eat will be much appreciated.

• HarleyXXL's Profile Photo

car rental in Gomera

by HarleyXXL Online Now Oct 6, 2003 at 10:53 AM

On november 2003 i go to the Isla de la Gomera. I want to rent a car for some days. Does anybody know if it is a problem to get a car ? Are there enough cars on the isle ? Is it better to rent the car on the isle (from the reception of the hotel) or is it better to reservate the car already now from my hometown. Thank your for tips.

2 Answers Nov 18, 2003 at 1:33 PM
    • La Gomera, Canary Islands

by mjdlewis Online Now Apr 3, 2003 at 3:26 AM

Has anyone visited this Island lately. My wife and I are going on 15 April and are interested in hearing about interesting places to visit, good restaurants, bars etc. Also anyone who has visited the Holiday Property Bond location El Bancon de Santa Ana.

3 Answers Apr 17, 2003 at 12:04 PM