change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• travelmad478's Profile Photo

Patagonia travel

Punta Arenas Sep 27, 2016 at 6:16 AM

My friend and I are planning a trip in January to Patagonia--unfortunately, I'm having trouble finding a guidebook that focuses on this region and does it well. The initial plan (not yet booked) is to start in Punta Arenas, but is that the best idea? I would be coming from Ushuaia (following an Antarctic cruise) and my friend would be coming from the US, so she's able to fly anywhere. If we do start in Punta Arenas, I'll probably take the bus there from Ushuaia, but maybe we should start somewhere in Argentina?

We are interested in scenery, mild hiking (i.e. not climbing), and wildlife. To be honest I'm not particularly educated about what there is to do down there, how best to organize logistics, possibilities of including both countries in a reasonable time frame, etc. Any assistance is welcome!

• spearfishing in providencia-fishing

by queenfish Online Now Feb 2, 2008 at 8:56 PM

I am going to providencia and would like tom know if there are any prohibitions against spearfishing and or taking lobsters. I'm blue water hunter, not reef fish. Are there tuna, wahoo, mahi, marlin in this area, and is the fishery developed as in sportfishing charters????

1 Answer Feb 3, 2008 at 3:36 PM