Travel Answers

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Is a private tour guide required for EU (Italy) US dual citizen?

Iran Aug 7, 2016 at 1:04 PM

Hello all. Planning on traveling to Iran as a EU and US dual citizen. Is a EU/US citizen required to obtain a private tour guide while traveling Iran?

2 Answers Aug 9, 2016 at 3:56 AM
    • Working in shiraz for 3 months

Iran Aug 2, 2016 at 3:09 PM

I am a British Iranian currently living in the UK. I am on my gap year and Im travelling back home to shiraz for 3 months to teach english. I will also be working very closely with tourists. I will be in shiraz from 15th September 2016 until 15th December 2016. If there is anyone who is travelling in the south of Iran and is need of a tour guide or help from a fellow traveller please don't hesitate to contact me on Always happy to help!

3 Answers Aug 2, 2016 at 11:34 PM
    • LeandroPires's Profile Photo

Visiting USA after visiting Iran. Any problems?

Tehran Jul 22, 2016 at 1:30 PM

Hey there,
      I'm a Brazilian citizen, frequent traveler to the USA (I have an American visa - I don't have an European passport).
      I'm planning a trip for January which includes Iran, Armenia and Georgia.
      Have any of you had problems in the American immigration after visiting Iran? I'm afraid being refused to entry the USA because of my stamps / visa from Iran, even being in Iran for 100% tourism purposes. I can't really find accurate information in internet.
      Thanks in advance,

3 Answers Jul 22, 2016 at 9:53 PM
    • 17 going to Iran

Iran Jul 21, 2016 at 3:43 PM

I am 17 and i'm going to Iran with my family. I can understand and speak Farsi fairly well. But i'm worried about if there is any trouble. My mom and dad are Iranian citizens. I have never been to Iran so am i a citizen? Also will i be drafted into the military? I have a 14 year old brother will he have any problems? Anything else i have to know before i go? Will i be allowed to leave? What precautions should i take? Thank you in advance.

3 Answers Jul 22, 2016 at 1:45 AM
    • Tehran Airport (IKA) transit question - connecting flight process.

Iran May 29, 2016 at 5:40 PM

I'm traveling with my family from Kuala Lumpur to Istanbul via Tehran IKA Airport.
      I will be on Airasia to Tehran, with a 5 hour layover and then on Pegasus Airline to Istanbul.

I have my Pegasus tickets - but there is no online check-in and will need to collect boarding passes in Tehran.

Q. Has anyone done this?
      Is there a transit desk air-side to do this or must I clear customs to land-side and back in to air-side (and if so - do I require a Visa)?

I have found very limited information on the internet - at least not in English, but there is some mention of a TWOV (Transit With Out Visa) if your layover is less than 12 hours, but cannot confirm.

Any information will be appreciated - thanks in advance.

3 Answers May 29, 2016 at 9:52 PM
    • WTTWBB's Profile Photo

what's the name of the special tea leaf in Iran?

Iran May 18, 2016 at 9:07 PM

My friend gave me a bag of dry leaves after her visiting to Iran, she didn't know the name of it.">

She tasted the tea in a local resident's home and love it at once and bought it then. The leaf smells wonderful, I boiled water with some leaves, the water's color turns from green to red finally. It smells like kind of lemon mixed with other aromatherapy massage oil. I never saw such leaves in China, it's a small tiny round shape leaf,"> 

I think it should be a herb for tea, and I want to know the name of it and try to buy it myself. Thanks in advance if any one know.">

1 Answer May 18, 2016 at 10:10 PM
    • jwhitehouse's Profile Photo

New Year in Iran and travel then

Iran May 18, 2016 at 1:20 PM

We will be going to Iran March 29, 2017 for about 24 days.

What, if any, are the issues with traveling during the Iran New Year?

Thank you

Joe Whitehouse

1 Answer May 18, 2016 at 11:17 PM
    • Short Trip to Shiraz

Shiraz May 3, 2016 at 3:31 AM

I am planning to Shiraz this weekend. Cant find hotel to book online.
      Tried contacting travel agent but phone line is bad and take too long to respond to email
      Any idea, which hotel is good in the city and will that be ok for me to just walk in on arrival?
      Also, is there any recommended public tour that I could join?
      I am female traveling solo

6 Answers May 3, 2016 at 7:44 AM

Tehran May 3, 2016 at 12:36 AM

What are good vegetarian restaurants in Tehran city center?

3 Answers May 3, 2016 at 6:36 AM
    • Alborz Mountains

Iran Apr 19, 2016 at 4:47 AM

I plan to see Alborz Mountains next week. Start Karaj by bus to Chalus then Rasht, stay 1 night, visit Masouleh, Rudkhan Castle, Fouman in 1 day, stay 1 night; then to Qazvin via Alumat Castle.

Is this a good plan? Should I start from Qazvin first.

• jwhitehouse's Profile Photo

All best places to see

Iran Apr 14, 2016 at 3:08 PM

We can spend as long as a month in Iran (but will do Jordan and Oman) so we look toward getting a driver/guide and seeing a long list being developed by people suggesting locations to see.

Please share you likes and places you wished you might have gone.

Thank you.

Joe Whtiehouse

2 Answers Apr 15, 2016 at 6:21 AM
    • Visiting Tehran for first time on Business

Tehran Apr 14, 2016 at 4:05 AM

I will be visiting Tehran during May for a week on business and its going to be my first visit to that country.

I am curious to know about local customs, do's & dont's, places for good vegetarian food,etc

6 Answers May 3, 2016 at 1:24 AM
    • white_smallstar's Profile Photo

Iranian Debit Card

Iran Apr 8, 2016 at 10:00 AM

Hi everyone

I’m planning my next trip to Iran and I’m so excited to visit a new country very soon. Also during this trip, I’ll be travelling in the same style I did several times, as a independent solo traveller .

Yo know that credit and debit cards are useless in Iran due to sanctions, so I have to bring enough hard currency for the duration of my stay. That is my biggest concern frown

I have read that  there is a possibility to get a pre-paid gift card also called tourist-card from most of banks in Iran to avoid to carry too much cash.

Is there anybody who has tested this service?  Do you recommend it?

Thanks a lot

Happy travels

* * N i c o * *

2 Answers Apr 8, 2016 at 2:10 PM
    • Visit Darband Mountain

Tehran Apr 5, 2016 at 1:50 PM

I will be visiting Tehran in the middle of this month with a friend, we are to ladies in pur fourties.

We will land i Tehran at 6 a.m. on a Saturdayand will go directtly to a hotel to leave our luggage. After breakfast our plan is to go to Darband to see the city from above. We plan to go all the way to the top with the ski lift, then walk down as we have heard the walk is quite nice with lots of tea stalls etc. How long time does it take to walk down? Is it possible to take the ski lift half way down again and walk the rest?

We have only the day in Tehran, our bus to Esfahan leavs at 11 p.m. After visiting Darband we plan to go to the Bazar or visit a palce etc.

Thanks from Lena.

10 Answers May 3, 2016 at 1:17 AM
    • accomodation in mashad and qom

Iran Mar 24, 2016 at 1:18 AM

I am planing to visit Iran with my Family inshallah in the month of April 2016 for Pilgrimage, I am looking for help in booking accomodation in Mashad and QOM, shall appreciaate if any body can help me in this regard.

• Need a private tour guide

Iran Feb 22, 2016 at 9:12 PM

Hi everyone, I intend to visit Iran this April.
      Could anyone recommend me a private tour guide?

1 Answer Feb 23, 2016 at 8:43 AM
    • MontagS's Profile Photo

Train from IStanbul to Tehran

Tehran Feb 18, 2016 at 7:54 AM

Hi everyone :)
      I want to take this train but cant find anything online
      Any clue?Thanks in advance!!!!!

3 Answers May 18, 2016 at 9:27 AM
    • Which areas to stay in Teheran, Esfehan and Shiraz?

Iran Jan 31, 2016 at 9:33 AM

I have just booked one week in Iran in April with a female friend!

We will land in Teheran at 6 a.m. on 15/4 and 23/4 we will leave again from Shiraz at 2.30 a.m. The plan is to spend two nights in Teheran, get a bus to Esfehan and stay for two or three nights and probably a taxi to Shiraz stopping in Pasargadae and Persepolis on the way.

But finding hotels is not that easy as none of the major booking sights offers hotels in Iran. We have found, but the hotels do not have any ratings so we are comparing with the ratings found on Trip Advisor.

Which areas should we choose to stay in within the three cities? We will visit the major cultural sights in every city and would like to walk to restaurants in the night for dinner. If possible; please advise us with some hotel names. We are looking at 4 star hotels costing up to €50 per night.

Thanks from Lena

5 Answers Feb 13, 2016 at 12:28 AM
    • nikoskaps's Profile Photo

USA stops ESTA visa waiver program for tourists who visited Iran?

Iran Jan 22, 2016 at 6:12 AM

Hi there!
      I just learned from newspaper in my home country (Greece), that USA stops ESTA visa waiver program for foreign tourists of all (?) visa waiver countries who visited Iran after 2011.
      They will still let you apply the standard way for visa from embassy, as the old system was
      which is more expensive, complicated, uncertain, time consuming ...
      Do you know if all that is true?
      If so, it brings a serious difficulty for traveling to or transit through USA.
      Very unfortunate and unnecessary...
      Iran is opening, but USA is closing.? .. crazy.

5 Answers Mar 31, 2016 at 8:18 PM
    • Booking Dizin Hotel

Iran Nov 15, 2015 at 10:35 AM

Has anyone got the phone number of Dizin Hotel, Iran? Either the numbers on the internet doesn't seem to work, or no one picks up. When we filled up the form on the hotel website, we don't get any response.
      We tried booking through an agent, but the payment method is via another country to a different entity, no mention to the services we are paying for is permitted, invoice is shoddy, and we feel uncomfortable with the whole arrangement. Is there a way we can verify that the agent and the payment is genuine?
      Feeling frustrated with the whole thing but it is too late to cancel our travel plans.

3 Answers Feb 17, 2016 at 4:44 AM
    • travelling in Iran

Shiraz Nov 12, 2015 at 7:00 AM

Hi, my husband and are interested to visit Iran.
      1. When is the best time to go? We want cool season and not short days.
      2. Should we arrange and pay for the tour package online before we arrive?
      3 How many days/weeks should we spend there?
      4. We have 3-4 weeks to spend. Should we travel to neighbouring countries as well? If os, pl recommend.
      I will appreciate if any of you can share your experiences with us. Thkq

6 Answers Nov 12, 2015 at 9:44 AM

Confirmation of new rules: giving 30 days Visa On Arrival!

Iran Nov 8, 2015 at 2:07 AM

Hi there!
      I was there 2 weeks ago, and got a 30 days visa on arrival at IKA airport.
      I didn't really need it, nor asked for it, they just gave it.
      I had a Greek passport, without any preauthorization code. They didnt ask about photos, hotel, or anything, just very quiet procedure.
      Only be careful on the application form, there was a place to write a name of sponsor-address - tel, so I wrote of my hotel manager's.
      The cost of visa was 60 euro.
      I couldn't understand what happened with health insurance, I had my own, showed them, they didn't seem to care about that.
      Anyway, things are getting easier, and hope to improve rules for all passports, since the news say it is only for some, yet..
      Also, while travelling, I was approached by 2 seperate survey people, who were making study of how to increase tourism (one in Shiraz and one in Yazd). Things seem to be changing, slowly though...
      It is a great country, with great people, do go there!
      happy travels to all!!!!

2 Answers Nov 8, 2015 at 6:35 AM

Airport bus in Tehran - exists such a thing?

Tehran Oct 18, 2015 at 3:35 AM

Hi guys!
      Do you know if there is a bus from IKA airport to city?
      I find conflicting info on the internet, for both yes and no...
      Hotels always say there is no bus, and offer a pick up service, about 25$...
      If you have experience on that, or any other info (time schedule, cost) please do mention about it!!
      many thanks!!

4 Answers May 3, 2016 at 2:08 AM

Low budget / backpacking trip to Iran next week! Easy or hard?

Iran Oct 15, 2015 at 3:46 AM

hi travelers out there!
      I'm flying next week to Iran (planning for a VOA at Tehran airport), and wanted your advise and recommendations regarding the feasibility and rewardness of doing the trip in low budget / backpacking terms.
      So this means no tour group, stay at simple hotels / hostels, walk a lot, use public transport etc.
      Do you think this is easy to be done, could I find and book on the ground cheap choices (which I 'd prefer) or should book ahead? It must be low season now...
      The main cities to visit are Tehran, Yazd, Shiraz, Esfahan (in 2 week trip, solo) and I'm mostly interested in seeing life there, traditions, feel a bit of the atmosphere of the country, maybe get out of the city here or there....
      If you have experiences, recommendations for simple hotels at these cities (no luxuries at all, just clean and safe) or any travel suggestions, please do share, as many as you like!
      Also, it would be very convenient if I could find train tickets on the spot, I'm a kind of train traveler when possible, do you think it is easy?
      all the best!

10 Answers Oct 18, 2015 at 7:43 AM

Need authorisation code for Visa On Arrival?

Iran Sep 26, 2015 at 11:58 AM

Hi there! I plan to fly to Tehran in October and get a VOA at the airport, for 15 days stay. I wonder if it is reliable to get that kind of visa, and if I should have an pre-authorisation code. I read at  threads that you basically need that code to get visas at home country, but is it necessary for VOA? Also, the return ticket, or hotel bookings are important to have booked and bring printed reservations in advance? (I plan to have return ticket)
      It is mentioned  that some travelers got a VOA with just an one way ticket - then if so, must be a bit relaxed situation? Although not all internet posts are good news. 
      (My passport is Greek)
      many thanks, looking forward to hear some experiences and recommendations!

7 Answers Oct 10, 2015 at 2:22 AM
    • Bus Tehran - Baku

Tehran Aug 11, 2015 at 12:11 PM

Anyone knows the price, timetable and where to get a bus from Tehran to Baku?

Kind regards

• Place to stay in Amol

Iran Jul 29, 2015 at 6:50 AM

Hi there,

we are planning to shoot a documentary in Amol in october. We are looking for a place to stay; hotel or homestay. There is practically no information on the internet. There are some hotels near the Caspian See, but we are really looking for a place in the city.

3 Answers Jul 30, 2015 at 10:18 PM
    • Driver and accommodation request in Iran

Tehran Jul 15, 2015 at 3:49 PM

i am looking for a driver who speaks per/eng and i accommodation in Teheran.
      Could be that we travel to shiraz, Mashhad, Bandar Abbas... For one month.

Could you please suggest me something? What are the prices of driver with a car and accommodation? Is it better to stay in the hotels or privat or apartments...?

Thank you in advance.

4 Answers Sep 29, 2015 at 10:19 AM
    • Travelling to and hints

Iran Jul 13, 2015 at 9:54 PM

Hi I am planning to travel to Iran during the first week of September. I will arrive by airplane to Tehran, spend 3 days there and then I would like to visit Isfahan and Shiraz. I will return from Shiraz to Tehran by airplane but I don't have any idea what will be my transportation from Tehran to Isfahan and then from Isfahan to Shiraz. Anyone knows what will be the best way to do this route? On the other hand is it worth visiting Isfahan or to travel directly to Shiraz? any tips and hints in general for travelling to Iran? Thank you all in advance.

10 Answers Jul 19, 2015 at 12:37 PM
    • cheap tour company in Iran

Iran Jun 16, 2015 at 2:12 PM

any one no of a cheap tour company plz?

2 Answers Jun 16, 2015 at 11:01 PM