VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Please save any personal content and exchange contact info with other members you’d like to stay in touch with. Thank you for your contributions to the VirtualTourist community.

Travel Answers
Ipswich

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• anaanes's Profile Photo

Whats the average price of Harry Potter Studios facilities for lunch?

London Jan 20, 2017 at 7:14 AM

On the website is said that there are 2 restaurants available for lunch: The Blacklot and the Studio Café.
      Whats the average price for a meal on those places?

Thanks!

more
    • Eurostar to paris

London Jan 12, 2017 at 1:52 PM

Seat selection recommendations

more
    • mariana_m1978's Profile Photo

Freddie Mercury

London Jan 4, 2017 at 12:39 PM

Hi there, I'm going to visit London next week and as a big fan of Freddie Mercury want to find some souvenirs with him like flags, t-shirts. Can somebody tell me where in London can I find such things to buy?
      Thanks in advance!

more
    • how much money do you need to be granted a visa to visit the UK for 1 or 2 weeks?

England Dec 25, 2016 at 12:22 PM

In order to have the visa application approved, you need to show that you have a certain amount of money, the means to look after yourself for the duration of your stay and to get back to your home country on your own. You need to show that you have a reason to return home.. The person who will visit me from morocco is a student who wants to visit the UK for 1 or 2 weeks, they can also stay with me in my house so there is no need to pay for a hotel or anything like that, even food I would provide everything. But we dont know how much money they must show is in the bank account for the visa to be accepted or denied. There seems to be no guideline about any kind of threshold. Does anyone know more about how much money is needed for the visa application to be accepted?

more
    • stella-artois's Profile Photo

Should I do it?

London Dec 23, 2016 at 7:05 PM

I want to send my parents to London....(no, not permanently). Can anyone recommend a hotel which is reasonably priced? It doesnt need to be in the middle of London but not too far away either. They are in their mid 70's and I dont want them to have to walk too far. Thanks so much for your help. Happy Holidays everyone. With Love,

Robert

more
    • Question about a layover

Heathrow Jan 5, 2017 at 4:00 PM

I am from the USA and traveling internationally for the first time to Newcastle. I have a layover at Heathrow during the travel. I know in the USA you have to go through immigration and customs at the first port of entry into the country. Do I have to go through immigration and customs before I catch my flight to newcastle? I am traveling with American Airlines for the whole trip.

more
    • VISA Question

London Jan 1, 2017 at 5:01 PM

Hello, guys. Here I have some dilemma. Due to UK's Immigration procedure, citizens of Ukraine need to obtain VISA to step on Her Majesty's soil. But, there are also some rumors that once you have NATIONAL LONG-TERM VISA (in my case, I'm currently holding National Long-term student VISA of Spain) from any EU/Schengen Agreement country, you could travel to GB without another. Please, reply me as soon as you can, because I've tried several times to figure it out both in UK's Government website and Spanish. None of them replied. Thank you in advance.

more
    • Donna_in_India's Profile Photo

Where to from London?

England Jan 8, 2017 at 11:30 AM

Deciding whether or not to take advantage of a great deal on airfare to London but don't want to stay in London. Will have about a week to explore. Will/can have a car. Looking for small towns to explore. Just looking to chill. Any suggestions?

more
    • csuresh's Profile Photo

VT - Future

London Jan 7, 2017 at 1:24 AM

Sad to receive an email VT will close on 27th Feb. Being member from 2002 and finding it easy to ask and reply questions, will really miss this site.

more
    • Pizza restaurant in Ipswich town centre in 1979

by KarenSharp Online Now Feb 4, 2012 at 3:44 PM

Does anyone remember the name of a famous Pizzeria that was located in 'The Walk' in Ipswich around 1979? Entrance was either via 'The Walk' or from the Buttermarket, I think, but I'm not sure as it was so long ago. The various pizzas on the menu were all named after roman emperors and they were fantastic. It has changed ownership many times since that time sadly, but it was a terrific restaurant.

Thanks.

• DunaKal's Profile Photo

Ipswich from London

by DunaKal Online Now Apr 2, 2011 at 4:21 AM

Hi,
      I wanted to ask what's the best way to get to Ipswich from London?
      Train? or Bus?
      how long will the trip take? which is cheaper?
      thank you in advance.

3 Answers Apr 16, 2011 at 7:07 AM
    • what has ipswich got to offer

by trevredgrave Online Now Sep 6, 2010 at 9:14 AM

hi all my names trev 48yr old single dad work as a truck driver & thinking of moving to ipswich from harlow essex!!! could anyone help me out or advice where to buy a place @ where not for obvious reasons .... also pubs clubs , eating out etc !!!! is there good shops. many thanks for your co operation .

3 Answers Sep 7, 2010 at 12:50 AM
    • trains

by jdvirgo Online Now Oct 16, 2009 at 6:40 AM

what time does the earliest train leave Ipswich for Liverpool st. on November the 14th

2 Answers Oct 16, 2009 at 8:55 AM
    • lou31's Profile Photo

Accomodation in Ipswich

by lou31 Online Now Mar 28, 2008 at 6:45 AM

I am trying to find some accomodation in Ipswich at a reasonable price...30 - 40 pounds. I will only be staying the one night.

Does anyone know of a decent B&B or cheap hotel?

Also I will be visiting Jimmy's Farm which is a few miles to the south. Does anyone know much about the place. I watch the show religiously here and would love to see it for myself.

Any advise about Ipswich will be greatly appreciated.

3 Answers Mar 29, 2008 at 2:59 AM
    • Travel from Eltham to Ipswich

by puranagrawal Online Now Oct 22, 2007 at 4:47 AM

Dear All,
      I need to travel from Eltham to Adastral Park,Martlesham Heath,Ipswich IP5 3RE. Could anybody tell me as what route to take. I need to reach that place in shortest time and also in less cost.
      Thanks in advance

• How do I amuse my sons in Ipswich?

by Funkywitch Online Now Jan 20, 2006 at 6:56 AM

HI

I have 2 sons aged 12 and 8. They hate coming out with me at the best of times, and tomorrow I am having my haircut in Ipswich. Does anyone have any suggestions as to where I might leave them while I have my hair restyled. Something that isn't going to cost me too much and might keep them occupied for about 2 hours would be really great.

3 Answers Jan 20, 2006 at 10:37 AM
    • christine.j's Profile Photo

Hot to get from the train station to the waterfront?

by christine.j Online Now Jul 22, 2005 at 2:07 AM

Can anyone tell me how to get to Ipswich waterfront from the train station?
      I understand the train station is outside the city. Are there buses or taxis available? I had ordered a map at Amazon, but they weren't able to get it in time. The people at the Ipswich Tourist Information don't reply to any e-mails.
      Thank you in advance.
      Christine

3 Answers Jul 23, 2005 at 2:20 AM
    • BerniShand's Profile Photo

IPSWICH TO MARTLESHAM HEATH

by BerniShand Online Now Apr 6, 2004 at 1:05 AM

my son has an interview tomorrow in Martlesham Heath, does anyone know how easy is it to get to from Ipswich train station ? approxamate cost of a taxi would be welcome, also info on bus services OR any good ideas for me on what to do in Ipswich for 5 hours while he`s being interviewed would be welcome, just in case I have to drive him there as this problem only relates to TOMORROW 7th APRIL, any answers after today will be unnecessary thank you Berni

4 Answers Apr 21, 2004 at 12:35 PM