change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• alstjohn's Profile Photo

Train between Zurich and Berne

Switzerland Oct 22, 2016 at 1:50 PM

I am arriving on a flight at 8 pm on a tuesday in Zurich (next month). How long will it take me to me to get to
      Berne from the Airport should i decide to head for Berne that night? i have swiss rail travel pass.
      thank you for any help.

• St Moritz train travel and accomodation

Switzerland Oct 25, 2016 at 3:49 AM

We are a couple of Australians who will be in Salzburg for two days and have booked a rail ticket for the 28th Oct that is not refundable to Thun via Munich, Zurich and Bern for Euro138 for both of us (1st class).
      It has now been suggested to us that we travel from Salzburg to St Moritz via Landeck and overnight in St Moritz and the next day travel to Thun via Andermatt.
      We were wondering if the suggestion should be considered and we waste the existing ticket. I tried to look at fares from Salzburg on 28th October to St Moritz on the sbb website but it was saying it was too close to travel date to quote price?
      We have lots of time to stay in Thun so don't know if St Moritz is something worth seeing from Thun later during our stay.
      If the St Moritz overnight trip is best done on the way to Thun any suggestions of hotels in St Moritz that are close to station.
      Any suggestions or help with trips from Thun as day or overnight would be appreciated.

• Mt Titlis Maintenance

Lucerne Oct 18, 2016 at 8:21 PM

May i know the maintenance period for 2016?

• MarijaStojicevic's Profile Photo

Chaplin's world

Vevey Oct 8, 2016 at 5:33 PM

Has anyone been yet at the Museum Chaplin's world and at his house Manoir de Ban? Because I want to go there and I need an advice how to get it, where to stay (2 nights perhaps and no so much expansive hotel for me and my family), then how it looks like and the other advices as travel guide

• alstjohn's Profile Photo

use Zurich or Bern as base city to explore?

Zürich Oct 2, 2016 at 10:35 AM

Visiting switzerland for first time. Would really like to see Lucern, Interlaken area and Bern /Zurich?  will be in the country for 5 days before flying out of Zurich to  visit Sevilla. thanks

• Paris to Interlaken - Train arriving at 12 am midnight.

by sumanas77 Online Now Jul 28, 2016 at 2:34 PM

Hi - My wife and myself , we are arriving in Interlaken from Paris .. Train arrives in Interlaken OST . Wondering if it is safe to walk to a near by hotel /stay at midnight ..

If so , any places one could suggest . My travel would be in 2nd weekend of August.

We just need a place to stay overnight and wouldn't want to splurge on any luxury .. Cause we would be packing in the morning , travel around and catch a evening train to lucerne.

In one day , any places one could suggest to see ? I heard the ride to Gimmewald is amazing .

8 Answers Aug 17, 2016 at 12:51 AM
    • Trip to Jungfrau

by dkar2001 Online Now May 24, 2016 at 2:10 AM

What sort of woolen gear would be required for a trip to Jungfrau in the third week of June with kids?

2 Answers May 25, 2016 at 5:29 PM
    • gulnese's Profile Photo

Mountain sightseeing and trekking

by gulnese Online Now Apr 26, 2016 at 4:00 AM

We are travelling with children and our mother and father, which means that our age range is between 11 and 78.
      We have been to Luzern and Pilatus mountain last summer.
      We are planning a longer period in Switzerland this year and want to make trekking with either our old members or with children to spend more tgime in the beautiful nature.
      We are thinking of going to Gimmerwald and Murren.We are not sure about Schilthorn.As we are 6,the cost is also important for us.But if something really worths we don't mind the price,if it is not too high.
      We have heard comments about Allmendhubel, Wengen, Mannlichen, Kleine Scheidegg.
      What might be the best itinerary for us covering all the best points in Interlaken.
      We are travelling with motorhome and planning to stay minimum 2 days in Interlaken.
      And would like to hear any advices whether getting Swiss half fare Card, in order to dicrease transportation costs.
      Thanks in advance.

2 Answers Apr 29, 2016 at 2:32 AM
    • tracyskf's Profile Photo

Full day Interlaken with Swiss Travel Pass in Dec

by tracyskf Online Now Sep 19, 2015 at 12:55 PM

I came across this however don't quite understand how this works with the Swiss Travel Pass

- Are all the routes included with the Swiss Travel Pass?
      - What are practical tips - like where should I stop for scenic photos etc?
      - I have a full day in December before returning to Interlaken for overnight stay - hope to get practical tips on how to maximise the day. I am not looking to ski, but mostly sightseeing and experiencing Jungfrau region

Thank you

3 Answers Sep 25, 2015 at 2:22 PM
    • hzafar's Profile Photo

Things to Do in Interlaken

by hzafar Online Now Aug 5, 2015 at 5:54 AM

Hello, I am travelling to Interlaken from 15-20 Aug with My Family 3 Kids (9,8,2). Please advise how can i maximize the stay. Recommendations are welcome. My plan as per research is,

1. Jungfru. 16th
      2. Lake Thun and Harder Kalem 17th
      3. Titlis 18th
      4. Geneva 19th Ppls say Watches and Chocolates are good there.
      5. 20th to Zurich for Flight

I will enter Switzerland from Berns. People Recommended me to take Kids Card 30 CFH. That will make their travel free. Please Advise Whats the best travel tickets we can take.

4 Answers Aug 6, 2015 at 4:38 AM
    • Advise on what to do around the interlaken area

by tamannak Online Now Jul 20, 2015 at 7:15 AM

Hello! My husband and i will be landing at Zurich airport at the end of August. We purchased the swiss travel pass so hopefully our journey will be easier. We will be landing very early in the morning and should reach interlaken via train at around 10:30am however we are only allowed to check in our guest house at 3pm. Just wondering what we could do in the mean time as i don't want to waste even a day. Could i also please have advice on where to eat as we are vegetarians and my husband is also allergic to eggs that is the reason we staying in a guest house so that we can cook some of our can get quite pricey eating out 3 times a day as well. We will be staying in interlaken for 3 nights so any other suggestions of places to visit will be much appreciated.

2 Answers Jul 21, 2015 at 3:19 AM
    • Advise on booking tickets in advance for excursions.

by anils009 Online Now Jul 4, 2015 at 8:12 AM

we intend to travel to switzerland on 18/7/15 for 4 days and wish to visit mt. Titlis and Jungfrauouch, do we need to book these excursions in advance? your suggestions will be much appreciated.

4 Answers Jul 7, 2015 at 12:45 PM
    • Day trips from Zurich

by NBJX Online Now Jun 6, 2015 at 11:41 PM

Hello, I have slightly more than a week in Zurich when I head there in September 2015. I know that accommodation can be expensive in Switzerland, thus, is it possible to take day trips from Zurich and get a train pass instead? I am interested to visit Interlaken, Bern, the Jungfrau region and Lucerne. I am staying with a family member in Zurich, therefore I wondered if I could just take day trips in and out of Zurich each day? Appreciate your advice. Thanks.

4 Answers Jun 7, 2015 at 2:52 PM
    • Weather - Rainy Forecast

by RyanH24 Online Now May 18, 2015 at 7:17 AM

Me and some buddies are planning on going to Interlaken this weekend. The 10 day weather forecast shows rain like everyday! Is it just one of those places that always shows rain, or should we be concerned that's it's going to rain all weekend?

5 Answers May 19, 2015 at 6:57 AM
    • Hiking trails

by s_david Online Now May 15, 2015 at 3:42 AM

Hiking trails through alpine meadows.

4 Answers May 18, 2015 at 3:24 AM
    • Interlaken Ost or Interlaken West Bahnhof

by RajeevMadhu Online Now May 3, 2015 at 1:58 AM

Which station do the trains from Zurich or Lucerne arrive to - Ost or West Bahnhof ? From which station do the trains go to Jungfrau - Ost or West Bahnhof?

4 Answers May 3, 2015 at 9:57 AM
    • How to travel around Intelaken by Car

by gir_agrawal Online Now Apr 3, 2015 at 12:35 AM

Hi..,....request advice from experts for three day trip to Interlaken in next month, we are planning to rent a car from zurich, will stay at Interlaken for three nights. Now which places to visit and how by car please advice. We are new to left hand drive at Swiss so wants to avoid highways /expressways. Wants to see Grindelwald,Murren,Wengel etc near by.Thanks a lot for your time in this regard.

2 Answers Apr 3, 2015 at 3:08 AM
    • Does it snow in December?

by PandaPrincess Online Now Mar 30, 2015 at 10:54 AM

We are going to Europe for Christmas/New Year, but there's very little chance of snow in Spain/France/Italy. We're from the Philippines and this is our first time to hopefully experience snow. What are the chances that it will be snowing in Interlaken on December 27 and 28? Thank you!

7 Answers Mar 30, 2015 at 11:05 PM
    • 9tigers's Profile Photo

does golden pass only stop at OST station?

by 9tigers Online Now Mar 13, 2015 at 3:16 PM

It seems, if so I need to find a hostel closer to OST and not west station, since my parents want somewhere close and not have to walk 15-20 mins if the location is closer to west station.

I did not find anything on golden pass schedule that stop at west station.
      I want to make sure my observation is correct and it is best for me to find a hostel close to OST station.

5 Answers Mar 14, 2015 at 6:56 AM
    • SIghtseeing in Interlaken with Elderly parents

by nitinpareek Online Now Feb 10, 2015 at 10:31 AM

I wonder how much walking is involved in Interlaken. I am traveling with my parents. My mother cannot walk for more than 250-300 metres. We will be visiting lakes and gardens with her. Generally I rent car to take her around. But it seems Switzerland is different. I see that most people recommend to use public transport in Interlaken and to visit nearby for sightseeing. But that would mean lot of walking after being dropped from bus or train. Are taxis readily available? Any suggestion to plan this travel will be appreciated.

4 Answers Feb 13, 2015 at 9:50 AM
    • What can I do in Brienz, Switzerland for 3 days?

by JoyceLee128 Online Now Aug 26, 2014 at 6:58 AM

I will be at Brienz for 3 days towards end of September (24-27), any suggestions for a memorable trip?

I have been to "Top of Europe" and my family wish to experience snow if possible.. Appreciate for your suggestion. Thank you.

Joyce Lee

5 Answers Aug 27, 2014 at 6:43 AM
    • What to pack

by PurDi Online Now Aug 11, 2014 at 5:42 AM

Do we need warm clothing in interlaken during the week beginning 18th August

1 Answer Aug 11, 2014 at 7:57 AM
    • Interlaken to Brescia, Italy

by cashman14 Online Now Aug 8, 2014 at 12:17 PM

We are traveling the first week of September from Interlaken to Brescia, Italy by car. What is the most scenic route that does not lose a lot of time between the two cities. We would also like to stop for lunch at Lake Lugano or Lake Como if possible.

1 Answer Aug 8, 2014 at 12:41 PM
    • Cheapest travel options

by HannahA16 Online Now Jul 27, 2014 at 3:50 PM

Can anybody recommend any good and cheap travel websites/ booking sites for train journeys? I am travelling from Innsbruck to Interlaken in late september and the trains have been coming up at over £100, and just wondered if there was any good websites for this kind of thing? Thanks in advance

5 Answers Jul 27, 2014 at 11:17 PM
    • Travel plans to Junfrau.

by sawikama Online Now Jul 16, 2014 at 12:04 PM

we would like to know if we can visit Jungfrau top of the mountain, Trummelbach falls, Ice Palcae and Schilthorn all in one day. We have a Rail Pass which states this itinerary: 2 nights Luzern, 2 nights Interlaken including round trips to Mount Titlis and Jungfraujoch top of Europe (incl. bus VBL) Circular Tour border/airport - destinations - border/airport. Can anyone please help us out and explain to us what al does this cover.
      thnxs a ton.

5 Answers Jul 16, 2014 at 8:59 PM
    • hand made socks

by interlakentraveller Online Now Jul 7, 2014 at 4:30 AM

where can i buy hand made knitted socks in interlaken?

1 Answer Jul 15, 2014 at 4:30 AM
    • scottiesky's Profile Photo

Train route to Lake Como with gorgeous scenery

by scottiesky Online Now Jun 4, 2014 at 1:07 PM

Is there a train route from Interlaken to Milan then Lake Como that has gorgeous scenery? I think you have to go backwards a bit, up to Luzern?

10 Answers Jun 14, 2014 at 7:17 AM
    • panayursr's Profile Photo

Location of Indian Grocery store

by panayursr Online Now May 3, 2014 at 6:45 AM

Is there any Indian Grocery store in Interlaken ?

4 Answers May 5, 2014 at 12:14 AM
    • Bearnhardt's Profile Photo

Luggage space on Swiss trains?

by Bearnhardt Online Now Apr 28, 2014 at 1:13 AM

How much space do Swiss trains have for a medium to larger suitcase with wheels e.g. Travelling from Zurich to Interlaken via Bern and also Interlaken to Basel via Bern in August, second class fare.

3 Answers Apr 29, 2014 at 4:46 AM
    • travelling to swiss

by alyaableks Online Now Apr 22, 2014 at 2:17 PM

hi everyone! :)
      im going to zurich for 4 days in June..
      1st day : i will be arriving in zurich around 4pm.
      2nd day : im planning to rent a car for a day trip to Interlaken and Grindelwald. is this a good choice? there are 6 of us.i am thinking it is better to rent a car than taking a train.what can u suggest for this roadtrip? im planning to stop to a few scenic places on my way to interlaken
      3rd day : zurich tour. what else can i do in zurich?i heard about Rhine Falls. is it worth going?
      4th day : going to take early morning train to paris

i'm very glad if someone could suggest what more i could do for this swiss trip. im running out of idea. my family and I are hoping that we could see scenic view of switzerland

2 Answers Apr 23, 2014 at 7:38 AM
    • Traveling up to Mt Jangfrau

by chanwly Online Now Mar 28, 2014 at 2:16 AM

I will be travelling to Interlaken on the last week of May. I would like to travel up to Mt Jungfrau. What kind of clothes and shoes do I need to wear at this time of the year?
      Will the plateau still be slippery to walk on?

Thank you.

4 Answers Apr 14, 2014 at 9:35 PM
    • Gusknust's Profile Photo

Visiting the Jungfrau or Schilthorn

by Gusknust Online Now Mar 1, 2014 at 1:16 PM

Hi, everyone. I'll arrive in Interlaken on March 16th and leave on the 19th, so, as you can see, I'll stay only two full days in town. My partner and I are looking forward to making the most of it and would love to visit either the Jungfrau or the Schilthorn.
      1) I was told that the trip to the Schilthorn is more beautiful and cheaper;
      2) The Jungfrau is our first choice, but looking for info on the Internet just made us more confused. I read some advise on booking tours quite beforehand (in this case, I'd try to book it from here, Rio, over the Internet). But the staff at the hostel where I'm staying, who seem to be the nicest people, told me not to do this as the whole tour thing will depend on the weather and I should arrive there and check if the next day would be sunny and then buy tour tickets. :/
      3) A friend swears to me he paid no more than CH60 for a tour to the Jungfrau. However, because I could not understand what I should pay for in one of the sites advertising tours (there's too much info, and they mention train journeys etc. and I could not get all that sorted out. All I want is to leave the Rugenpark B&B where I'm staying and go visit the Jungfrau for a day. Then, I asked the hostel staff and they said they sell the tours there and it would be around CH200 per person. Well, from CH60 to CH200 is a huge leap. Of course there are things I may be missing, like, maybe the CH200 tour includes lunch or any other extras in the spot that my friend may have paid for too, but was just not included in his tour. Anyway, it wouldn't be the first time that buying tour packages at a hotel front desk end up being way more expensive than going to a tour office nearby and getting a bargain. So, I just don't want to regret spending more money than I should, especially when I could do so much more with the same amount.
      4) Any suggestions on what else to do on the other day we'll have left? I heard of an amazing waterfall that is worth seeing.
      Please, do advise. It'll be most appreciated.
      Signed: clueless Interlaken tourist :D
      P.S.: Interlaken was not in our original travel plans, as we were supposed to stay 25 days in Rome and Paris only. But we've been to Bern once and Switzerland is such a lovely country we decided to stop shortly at Interlaken and Gruyères on our way North to Paris...

12 Answers Mar 2, 2014 at 6:59 PM
    • Gusknust's Profile Photo

Getting to Interlaken from Rome, by train

by Gusknust Online Now Mar 1, 2014 at 12:50 PM

Hi, everyone! I'll be arriving in Rome on March 8th and will leave the city on March 16th heading for Interlaken. Can any of you advice on train itineraries and prices? I believe there's no direct train for this trajectory and I'll probably have to get off a train coming from Rome and get another train to Interlaken. How long would that trip take (I'm looking for the less expensive options, but, in case a regular train takes too long, I'd consider buying fares for a faster train)? How much would that probably cost? I believe there will be some sort of control when I get off in Switzerland to take a second train. So, how long should I allow between one train and the other so that I don't miss the second train? Please, advise. Thank you.

20 Answers Mar 3, 2014 at 10:46 AM
    • Driving from interlarkin to lucerne in early April 2014

by Deisal10 Online Now Feb 5, 2014 at 11:16 PM

Is it possible to drive between the two places in April or are the roads still closed.thank you Grant

3 Answers Feb 11, 2014 at 3:18 AM
    • trip to switzerland in end march / early april

by Babarmalik Online Now Jan 18, 2014 at 10:54 AM

My family is planning a trip to switzerland end march when the kids r off from school. Planning to stay 4 days in geneva followed by 3 days in interlaken followed by 3 days in grindlewald. From grindlewald, to go up to jungfrau. As this will be my first trip to switzerland, would appreciate any advise on this trip. Are the number of days enough for each city? What will the weather be like? As I will be in grindlewald for 3 days, do I nedd to stay 3 days in interlaken? Advise requested. Thanks.

2 Answers Jan 18, 2014 at 4:32 PM