Indonesia

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Fresh pork

Medan Nov 14, 2016 at 9:00 AM

What markets in Medan, Indonesia sell fresh pork for cooking at home?

more
    • Private Driver wanted

Surabaya Nov 29, 2016 at 10:45 AM

Coming to Surabaya 12/7 to 12/20 to visit friends, have a rental car, looking for a good driver for intermittent driving, inside and outside of the city, male or female no preference as long as a good driver

more
    • scotontour's Profile Photo

Top three towns to visit in Bali

Bali Nov 14, 2016 at 12:06 AM

If members were to pick from their own experience to stay for 2/3nights at each....where would They chose as top three towns on the island to visit in January.

more
    • Sinosphere's Profile Photo

Is it a good idea to visit Indonesia in january-february (weather)?

Indonesia Nov 5, 2016 at 3:05 PM

Hello!
      I'm planning to travel in Indonesia in winter (Java, Sulawesi and maybe Moluccas), but more I check and more it seems impossible to travel there at that period because of the rainy season.

But I'd still want to go there so I want to know a bit more how is the rainy season in this area. Is that violent and endless rainfalls all day long or more like intense yet scarce rainfalls with sun just after? Because to be honest I'd like to hike in some national parks with steep volcano trails and I'd like to practice snorkelling in Sulawesi. But I'm afraid just to deal with mud flats, leeches and turbid sea waters....

Can you tell more me about january and february in Indonesia? Should I try or should I choose another destinations?

Thank you in advance?

more

Top Three Locations on Island to stay

Bali Nov 13, 2016 at 5:48 AM

Can members advise from their experience of actually visiting, can they advise ...
      if they could spend two or three days in each --- what is their top three locations.
      There are so many locations around the island it would be good to get feedback. I shall stay close to airport on first and last day of trip but will go anywhere which is recommended from there

more
    • Nhwany's Profile Photo

Bali-jogyakarta-surabaya-bandung

Bali Nov 10, 2016 at 12:06 AM

Hi,
      I need help how to go to jogyakarta from bali and from jogyakarta i want to go surabaya and bandung,is there any bus or train beside taking the flight.
      Thanks,Much appreciated

more

How is Javan rainy season in january-february?

Java Nov 4, 2016 at 10:45 AM

Hello!
      I'm planning an Indonesian road trip for january-february and of course Java is an must-see! But I've heard also it is the rainy season at that time. But how does the rain fall at that period? Is it some kind of endless heavy rainfalls or more like unpredictable short rainfalls bursting in the middle of the day, quickly replaced by sun as I experienced in Borneo (Kota Kinabalu)?

I've been in Bali in february. It was sometime a bit rainy but still bearable. Is it the same climate in Java?

Thank you :)
      XXX

more
    • Solo travel during Christmas - New Year period

Bali Nov 7, 2016 at 4:47 AM

I've (25, Male) been thinking of doing a quick solo trip to Bali at the end of this year. Basically would want to fly out of here (Melbourne) on the...— 02/01/2017...back in time for work/the new year

I think I'm opting more for a relaxing period as I've been in Melbourne during this holiday period my whole life, being from Melbourne you can imagine the partying that would've been done.

Ideally in my head it's...soak up the Sun all day every day I would be there, get to know Bali a bit more. Then night time I guess would speak for itself

This would be me traveling solo for the first time
      -Is this an okay time to fly out?
      -Anyone here thinking of doing the same?
      -Is it possible to choose activities to do whilst I'm there, and not necessarily have to pre-plan/organise them here?
      -Anything you guys would suggest/advise/advise against?
      -Anything you may think I need to know, I'm all ears

Thanks guys,

more
    • Private Driver wanted

Surabaya Nov 29, 2016 at 10:45 AM

Coming to Surabaya 12/7 to 12/20 to visit friends, have a rental car, looking for a good driver for intermittent driving, inside and outside of the city, male or female no preference as long as a good driver

2 Answers Nov 29, 2016 at 4:37 PM
    • Fresh pork

Medan Nov 14, 2016 at 9:00 AM

What markets in Medan, Indonesia sell fresh pork for cooking at home?

1 Answer Nov 14, 2016 at 10:03 AM

Top Three Locations on Island to stay

Bali Nov 13, 2016 at 5:48 AM

Can members advise from their experience of actually visiting, can they advise ...
      if they could spend two or three days in each --- what is their top three locations.
      There are so many locations around the island it would be good to get feedback. I shall stay close to airport on first and last day of trip but will go anywhere which is recommended from there

3 Answers Nov 14, 2016 at 12:27 AM
    • Nhwany's Profile Photo

Bali-jogyakarta-surabaya-bandung

Bali Nov 10, 2016 at 12:06 AM

Hi,
      I need help how to go to jogyakarta from bali and from jogyakarta i want to go surabaya and bandung,is there any bus or train beside taking the flight.
      Thanks,Much appreciated

5 Answers Nov 10, 2016 at 11:00 AM
    • Solo travel during Christmas - New Year period

Bali Nov 7, 2016 at 4:47 AM

I've (25, Male) been thinking of doing a quick solo trip to Bali at the end of this year. Basically would want to fly out of here (Melbourne) on the...— 02/01/2017...back in time for work/the new year

I think I'm opting more for a relaxing period as I've been in Melbourne during this holiday period my whole life, being from Melbourne you can imagine the partying that would've been done.

Ideally in my head it's...soak up the Sun all day every day I would be there, get to know Bali a bit more. Then night time I guess would speak for itself

This would be me traveling solo for the first time
      -Is this an okay time to fly out?
      -Anyone here thinking of doing the same?
      -Is it possible to choose activities to do whilst I'm there, and not necessarily have to pre-plan/organise them here?
      -Anything you guys would suggest/advise/advise against?
      -Anything you may think I need to know, I'm all ears

Thanks guys,

7 Answers Nov 9, 2016 at 10:44 AM

Is it a good idea to visit Indonesia in january-february (weather)?

Indonesia Nov 5, 2016 at 3:05 PM

Hello!
      I'm planning to travel in Indonesia in winter (Java, Sulawesi and maybe Moluccas), but more I check and more it seems impossible to travel there at that period because of the rainy season.

But I'd still want to go there so I want to know a bit more how is the rainy season in this area. Is that violent and endless rainfalls all day long or more like intense yet scarce rainfalls with sun just after? Because to be honest I'd like to hike in some national parks with steep volcano trails and I'd like to practice snorkelling in Sulawesi. But I'm afraid just to deal with mud flats, leeches and turbid sea waters....

Can you tell more me about january and february in Indonesia? Should I try or should I choose another destinations?

Thank you in advance?

2 Answers Nov 5, 2016 at 3:17 PM

How is Javan rainy season in january-february?

Java Nov 4, 2016 at 10:45 AM

Hello!
      I'm planning an Indonesian road trip for january-february and of course Java is an must-see! But I've heard also it is the rainy season at that time. But how does the rain fall at that period? Is it some kind of endless heavy rainfalls or more like unpredictable short rainfalls bursting in the middle of the day, quickly replaced by sun as I experienced in Borneo (Kota Kinabalu)?

I've been in Bali in february. It was sometime a bit rainy but still bearable. Is it the same climate in Java?

Thank you :)
      XXX

5 Answers Nov 10, 2016 at 2:21 PM

Is Sulawesi safe for travellers?

Indonesia Nov 3, 2016 at 11:15 AM

Hello!

I'm interested for a long time to visit the island of Sulawesi. I know it's a diving paradise but I've heard there are apparently many social/racial/religious tenses. And I'd like to avoid any troubles. So is there any kind of problems I should be afraid of or is Sulawesi a nice spot to visit, despite some remote tensions that are not tourists concern?

Plus I'd like to rent a car there if it's possible, because I know it's easier plus the island is huge. Is that possible? I mean the main roads look pretty fine so...

About the infrastructures, is that easy to go on islands with ferries or to hike in some national parks, with maybe some agencies for example?

Thank you in advance :)Hello!

I'm interested for a long time to visit the island of Sulawesi. I know it's a diving paradise but I've heard there are apparently many social/racial/religious tenses. And I'd like to avoid any troubles. So is there any kind of problems I should be afraid of or is Sulawesi a nice spot to visit, despite some remote tensions that are not tourists concern?

Plus I'd like to rent a car there if it's possible, because I know it's easier plus the island is huge. Is that possible? I mean the main roads look pretty fine so...

About the infrastructures, is that easy to go on islands with ferries or to hike in some national parks, with maybe some agencies for example?

Thank you in advance :)

5 Answers Nov 5, 2016 at 6:08 AM

January for 7 nights

Bali Nov 3, 2016 at 9:59 AM

Hi members
      I have an opportunity at short notice to visit Bali mid January for 7 nights while i appreciate it is rainy season
      I thought it was worth the visit as it is only a small extra fee from airline to stop off...... would you agree?
      if so is 7 nights too long should it be 5?
      next if staying where is the best location to be and of course where would i find a simple hotel (clean and tidy, fresh linen with good shower and breakfast). and suggestion of costs for basic hotel.
      here's hoping some members can help me with this decision (as has always been the case in the past :)

18 Answers Nov 9, 2016 at 10:00 AM
    • last 2 night splurge

Lombok Oct 28, 2016 at 8:26 AM

Looking for a beautiful hotel on the beach for our last 2 nights on Lombok celebrating birthdays and anniversary. I am looking at Tugu and Qunci villas. I love a beautiful beach and the beach at Tugu looks nicer than Qunci Villa. Advice and any other suggestions would be great. Thanks

3 Answers Oct 31, 2016 at 8:08 AM
    • Bandung trip in December

Bandung Oct 20, 2016 at 10:06 AM

Hi, My gf and i would like to plan 4 days trip to Bandung start from 11th December 2016. I've check the weather forecast in December and it seems like raining and thunderstorm most likely happen in December. Would like to know whether the the weather around december will affect our sightseeing and outdoor trips.
      2. Any interesting places to get delicious and cheap local food around?
      3. Where is the best place to stay if we would like to shop around if not heading for outdoor activities.

Thanks

2 Answers Oct 20, 2016 at 11:35 PM
    • Catering for wedding

Bali Oct 19, 2016 at 2:06 PM

Hi all I am looking for recommendations for catering companies for my Bali wedding next July .. I am looking for great quality food cheers Lisa

1 Answer Oct 20, 2016 at 2:25 PM
    • snorkeling and beautiful beach

Lombok Oct 18, 2016 at 8:46 AM

Looking for the best snorkeling experience and cannot decide between north gili and southwest gili. Also, looking for a beautiful beach for the last few days of our trip and wondered about selong balanak . We are traveling with our 3 adult children and saw Villa Atas which looks beautiful but only has 1 review. I am a little nervous about booking without knowing a little about the area. Any other advice for beach spots would be appreciated.

2 Answers Oct 18, 2016 at 1:54 PM
    • How many days to spend in Senaru

Senaru Oct 18, 2016 at 8:06 AM

We are not climbing and want to hike the waterfall and visit local villages. We have a reservation at Rinjani Lodge for 1 night but wondered if I should stay 2 nights. Is there enough to do if you are not a climber?

1 Answer Oct 18, 2016 at 1:58 PM
    • TRANSPORTATION

Bandung Oct 18, 2016 at 2:56 AM

HOW CAN I ENGAGE DRIVER AND THE ROUGH COST TO GO AROUND BANDUNG PLACES OF INTEREST OVER 2-3 DAYS?

1 Answer Oct 18, 2016 at 6:56 AM
    • rhbphoto's Profile Photo

Intertrips Tour Company

Bali Oct 17, 2016 at 6:44 AM

Anyone have any info or experience with the tour company Intertrips. Not much on line. They seem legit and a
      subsidiary of a much larger Chinese travel group. They are currently running some insane deals on travel to SE Asia and Bali with air, accommodations, transfers and a basic tour here and there but with mostly free days. Accommodations check out as good or better tourist class. We usually are independent travelers but these deals are hard to resist.
      Thanks

2 Answers Oct 17, 2016 at 10:38 AM
    • danishtraveller's Profile Photo

TCM or Healer in Bali

Bali Oct 13, 2016 at 7:59 AM

Can anyone recommend a very good healer or TCM practitioner in Bali. I have an old injury that continues to seriously bother me.

1 Answer Oct 13, 2016 at 8:25 AM
    • Tour guide Hire for 4D3N ard Bandung

Bandung Oct 13, 2016 at 4:44 AM

Hi there, I am solo travelling to Bandung from 23 Nov - 26 Nov 16. May I know where can I find a tour guide (female preferred) to bring me around places of interests such as white crater, tea plantations, museum, spa/ massages, factory outlets? what would be the budget like? 

Please help. Any suggestions are welcome :)

3 Answers Oct 16, 2016 at 2:49 AM
    • transport suggest

Kintamani Oct 8, 2016 at 7:41 PM

is better us skuter to kintamani valcano

8 Answers Nov 10, 2016 at 7:51 AM
    • Bali secret spots

Bali Oct 7, 2016 at 4:35 AM

I'm planning my trip to Bali this december. 10 days. I'm looking for the best waterfalls, villages, beaches in Bali. I hate tourism: what I'm looking for is to enter in contact with locals. I'm a videographer and I'd like to shoot locals living their life, child playing in the paddies.. that kind of things. I wanna capture the real face of Bali.

Can anyone help me? Thank you!

Thomas.

4 Answers Oct 7, 2016 at 1:41 PM
    • Volcano comparison

Bandung Oct 7, 2016 at 2:42 AM

How is Bandung Volcano -Tangkuban Perahu as compared to Kintamani Volcano

2 Answers Oct 7, 2016 at 5:17 AM
    • twotrickpony's Profile Photo

What are the attractions around/close to UBUD?

Ubud Oct 2, 2016 at 9:15 PM

Hi guys,

Will you be able to suggest attractions surrounding or are close to UBUD? We'll be staying there for 3d/2n and the rest of the days will be at Seminyak.

We'd like to cover the areas near to UBUD first

4 Answers Oct 18, 2016 at 8:21 PM
    • Leisure at Jakarta

Jakarta Sep 30, 2016 at 4:49 AM

Hi travellers,
      I'll be in Jakarta on 20 - 23 Oct. This trip is mainly for leisure & fun party. I really have no idea on how best to set the itinerary while in Jakarta.

My questions:
      - Which is the best hotel to stay (close to most happening town & moderate cost)?
      - What is the best club or ktv or fun places to enjoy night life?
      - What other things to do in Jakarta that people should not missed when visit Jakarta i.e. Massage, etc.?
      - Any other ideas are most welcome and really appreciated. I will spend the time in Jakarta with my 3 best friends. But that shouldn't be all for a city that never visited before. So please give me some ideas.

Thank you

4 Answers Oct 12, 2016 at 4:48 AM
    • Bali weather in January

Bali Sep 30, 2016 at 4:47 AM

Can one goto Bali in January? I have heard the rains are pretty heavy there.

7 Answers Oct 7, 2016 at 9:42 AM
    • any special things/ideas/places to take my boyfriend for his birthday near by or in seminyak?

Bali Sep 25, 2016 at 10:55 AM

any special things/ideas/places to take my boyfriend for his birthday near by or in seminyak?

1 Answer Sep 25, 2016 at 4:37 PM
    • Lake Toba, 4 months retreat, visa extensions and guesthouses

Sumatra Sep 23, 2016 at 10:36 AM

Hi, I wanted to do some meditation in a quietish place and Lake Toba looked good, but it seems Indonesia only gives 1 month visa so I would need to extend several times.
      Can anyone say if this is easy or possible at Pematangsiantar, or how convoluted the process is, multiple visits ?
      And could anyone recommend a budget clean place ?
      Thanks !

1 Answer Sep 25, 2016 at 4:43 PM
    • money changers

Jayapura Sep 14, 2016 at 2:06 AM

Please i would like to know if i am able to change my kina currency in Jayapura.If yes which place or location can i do that.Thanks

3 Answers Sep 15, 2016 at 6:05 AM
    • scenic spots

Jayapura Sep 14, 2016 at 12:13 AM

i want to visit jayapura.Any interesting places to visit?

5 Answers Sep 14, 2016 at 2:11 AM
    • maggiefoss's Profile Photo

how much is a taxi from the airport to kuta

Kuta Sep 5, 2016 at 9:52 AM

we are coming in late at night in DPS what is the best way to get to Kuta? how much is a taxi going to cost? thanks

3 Answers Nov 22, 2016 at 2:19 AM
    • janaquariius's Profile Photo

Share a taxi from Padang airport to Harau Valley

Padang Aug 24, 2016 at 8:13 PM

Hi, we're going from padang airport to harau valley (abdi homestay) on 26/8/2016 around 15h. If anybody needs to go the same direction, we're looking for someone to share a taxi with. Thx, Jan.

1 Answer Aug 24, 2016 at 8:50 PM