VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Please save any personal content and exchange contact info with other members you’d like to stay in touch with. Thank you for your contributions to the VirtualTourist community.

Travel Answers
India

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• alligators + tourist attractions

Tampa Jan 31, 2017 at 5:46 AM

I have a phobia about alligators and yet I want somewhere warm for an end of Nov/Dec break. Are there any alligators on the beach at this time of the year - does anyone have personal knowledge of the situation

Apart from Disney what other attractions are there - we would like to do some touring but looking at the crime rate in Charleston/New Orleans we are scared as we came close to being run off the road in Washington DC near the Jeffereson library Plan to stay about 2-3 weeks so could do 1000/1500 miles comfortably with hotels interspersed

Can I add my thanks to VT which has been invaluable to me and enabled me to stay safe and see lots of places I wouldn't have seen. Only hope there is a last minute reprieve

more
    • Arizona/Utha in Fall

Arizona Jan 29, 2017 at 9:49 AM

Hi :)

I need some advice for travel. I want to go to Las Vegas this fall and then drive by car to Grand Canyon and etc.
      My plan looks like this:

First Day - Pick up the Car, drive to Hoover Dam and then to Tusayan

Second Day - Visit Grand Canyon. We are not really "hiking people", so everything that takes more thatn 2hrs round trip is probably to much.But as i seen on then internet, most places are pretty accesible by car or shuttle.

Third Day - Drive to Page, visit the Slot Canyons arount 11 AM (tours start then). and visit Horseshoe Bend in the afternoon

Fourth Day - Drive from Page to Bryce Canyon (about 3hrs). Anything nice to see on the way there?

Fifth Day - Visit Bryce Canyon

Sixt Day - Drive to Springdale for Zion NP (about 2hrs). Anything nice to see on the way there?

Seventh Day - Zion NP (visit The Narrows)
      Eight Day - Zion NP - What should we do too?
      Ninnth Day - Spend morning in Zion then drive back to Vegas, Anything nice to see on the way there?

What do you think, is it a good plan? Should we spend less/more at a specific place? We have read that roads in this area are usually straight and not crowded, so driving shouln't be a hussle.

Any help is appreciated

more
    • grumpy8's Profile Photo

Weekly rates

International Falls Jan 26, 2017 at 12:27 AM

Hi! Dies anyone know of a room for rent or an apartment for rent that has weekly rates? I will be staying in International Falls for 3 weeks. Staying at a hotel would be costly. Thanks!

more
    • heidstar's Profile Photo

Tillicum excursion from Seattle during the week in May

Seattle Feb 18, 2017 at 9:34 PM

I'm going to miss this site!!!Love getting replays from locals as much as I like helping others when they come to Australia.
      Anyway.....Anyone know the best tour company to visit Tillicum? A tour that offers either a Tuesday /Wednesday or Thursday in May?

more
    • groover101's Profile Photo

Charging stations Terminal D IAH

Houston Feb 7, 2017 at 6:49 AM

I am gonna have a bit of a layover in Houston before flying out of terminal D. Looking for some suggestions for a good place to have a couple of beers and possibly charge my phone. Any ideas?

more
    • alligators + tourist attractions

Tampa Jan 31, 2017 at 5:40 AM

I have a phobia about alligators and yet I want somewhere warm for an end of Nov/Dec break. Are there any alligators on the beach at this time of the year

more
    • Footwear for end March/early April?

Bryce Canyon National Park Jan 25, 2017 at 11:57 AM

Do you recommend a winter hiking boot for March/April ? Also, is a down jacket warm enough?

more
    • Weather and hotels

Miami Beach Feb 18, 2017 at 8:05 AM

Hello
      We are considering to visit Miami beach in January 2018
      Does anyone know if this is a good time for a beach holiday?
      We are living I Norway and would like to have some sun and warmth when it is winter time here.
      Does anyone have facts about a nice not to expensive hotel as well?
      Best regards
      Turid in Norway

more
    • heidstar's Profile Photo

Can I do Catalina and Balboa island in one day

Newport Beach Feb 2, 2017 at 11:51 PM

Staying at the holiday inn express Newport for 3 nights...no car...
      Already booked and paid after I realised not walking distance to beach at all...
      Can uber to Laguna one day and I thought these 2 islands would be a great idea...

more
    • Weather November

California Feb 1, 2017 at 1:44 AM

I know I asked yesterday about Florida but we are also looking at Palm/Desert Springs California - what is the weather liable to be like in November

Will the roads be snow free to Las Vegas and what is the weather liable to be like in Vegas in November.

Plan to possibly fly to Los Angeles - use Desert/Palm Springs and tour from there and possibly take a few days out to visit Vegas - could even fly into Vegas if the flights were cheaper

Many thanks for so many questions

more
    • bardenny's Profile Photo

April trip - Tips /Advice

Brooklyn Jan 25, 2017 at 3:00 PM

Just looking for any tips/advice on my forthcoming trip to NY. Am staying in Brooklyn as want to be near the Barclay Centre and staying in the Best Western Plus Prospect Park Hotel (unless anyone can recommend somewhere else) . will be there at the beginning of April, dont have a high budget so looking for bargains (arent we all). Things like best way to get around, to get from Brooklyn to NYC, restaurants/cafes to visit, only there 5 nights so want to try and do as much as possible. Also why is the site closing down?

more
    • Travelling by rented car

Miami Feb 16, 2017 at 4:55 AM

Hello,
      We will be travelling in America this March, so we have decided to rent a car. We have heard that there are roads which require payments. 1. How can we pay these fees? Cash, credit card? Could rented car use sunpass and toll-by-plate? If yes, how to get it online? 2. What insurance car needs to have zero excess?
      Thank you in advance :)

more
    • Dymphna1's Profile Photo

subway access

New York City Feb 3, 2017 at 7:55 AM

Is it easier to catch the subway from John F Kennedy or LGA? thanks (typed out JFK for enough words to get it in the system.

more
    • Internatiola flight to lax and then national flight

Los Angeles Jan 26, 2017 at 10:37 AM

We are arriving at 26.September at LAX

Our flight - LX40 Swiss - will arrive at 4:30PM, we checked online that is usually on time.

We want to fly the same day from LAX to Las vegas. How much stopover time should we calculate?

Possible flights:
      7:05 PM - Delta
      9:05 PM - United
      10:40 PM - United

We currently looking at the 7:05 PM, but we don't know, is 2.5 hrs enough for transfer - to less or to much?

more
    • Jasma's Profile Photo

new york or orlando

United States of America Feb 19, 2017 at 9:28 PM

hi, we're going to the USA with our twelve year old daughter and need to choose between New York and Orlando for a four to five day trip. we need to go to indianapolis after this trip to visit relatives. Please advice as to which is the better option with respect to both, activities and expense. Thanks in advance.

more
    • Yosemite Valley

Yosemite National Park Feb 6, 2017 at 11:07 AM

Hi,

Me and a friend are planning of going to Yosemite valley in about a week (17-18 feb 2017). Will we be able to drive there from the west (Mariposa) without any snow chains on the car? Is the road even open?
      Thanks in advance for answer!

more