VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Please save any personal content and exchange contact info with other members you’d like to stay in touch with. Thank you for your contributions to the VirtualTourist community.

Iceland Travel Answers

change location

Traveling to Iceland for honeymoon

by Ilan1973 Online Now May 20, 2012 at 12:38 PM

Hi looking for some help with planning our honeymoon this year, I will outline the trip and hope you can offer some guidance.

We are travelling on the 26th of december and staying for 6 nights the primary reason to see the northern lights. Due to work commitments we have to travel at this time of year.

First question should we hire a 4x4 or take a Taxi from the international airport to our first hotel Ranga in the south of the island as I am unsure how driving will be at this time of year.

Excursions - we both like some adventure etc and as it is our honeymoon hoping to make it special so a decent budget is available, huskie safari, ski mobiles etc all sound great but would like some more info good companies to use etc. WE have 4 nights at the hotel Ranga then two nights In Reykjavík for the new year so any suggestions for a good place to eat drink and be merry would be great.
I would be delighted to hear of any ideas you have to help make this trip special would be hugely appreciated :)

Quote & Answer
0 Answers
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Iceland Travel Answer Locations