Travel Answers
Hvammstangi

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Morgandy14's Profile Photo

Quick response?? Other entry points to Glymur Falls?

Iceland Yesterday

I am at the main parking lot. Both the left and right trails are roped off after about 150 metres, you can get as far as seeing the arch only.

Is there another entry way to take the hike up to the falls? I am thinking of getting back on the road and actually driving 20 miles in either direction to see if I find another.

Thanks as always...

more
    • Keep Clean (for Female)

Iceland 1 hours ago

What will you take to keep yourself clean and healthy while go hiking ?

more
    • Iceland in October

Iceland 4 hours ago

Hi!
      I'm going to visit Iceland in October with my family.Planning to take 4x4 and make a round CCW.
      Would be glad to have your suggestions and tips
      I also understand the weather could be a tricky part...

more
    • Morgandy14's Profile Photo

Raudfeldsgja canyon?

Iceland Jul 23, 2016 at 7:43 AM

I drove past it several times yesterday, but didn't stop because of heavy rains. I thought it was on 574, about 45 mins from Hellissandur, where I camping.

My Garmin Gps doesn't have it on there, my Google maps does, but keeps taking me through long and wrong ways.

Can anyone tell me the directions from Hellissandur?

Thanks for the help...

more
    • Good place for Camping, Day Hiking or Day Trekking

Iceland Jul 19, 2016 at 8:49 PM

Hello Experts!

Does somebody have recommendation about place for camping and day hiking/trekking?
      We will visit Iceland from 5th to 21st August. And I will go around Iceland by rental car ( not 4x4).

I would like to enjoy day hiking/trekking from campgrounds. I already found some nice campgrounds as below.
      Do you have any recommendation about other campgrounds? And could you advice day hiking/trekking routes near campgrounds? If you also share some map, gps or websites about themI would appreciate it very much!!

Campground
      -Flokalundur (Hellulaug)
      http://campingcard.is/flokalundur/

-Breidavik
      breidavik.is/room/camping/#!...

-Dynjandi
      westfjords.is/en/other/place...

-Tungudalur
      http://campingcard.is/tungudalur/

-Myvaton
      visitmyvatn.is/en/travel/acc...

-テ《byrgi
      vatnajokulsthjodgardur.is/en...

-FテヾKRテ堙心FJテ乏テ振R
      east.is/en/other/index/accom...

-Skaftafell Visitor Centre / Tjaldsvテヲテーiテー テュ Svテュnafelli
      vatnajokulsthjodgardur.is/en...
      http://www.svinafell.com/

-Thakgil
      http://www.thakgil.is/

-Landmannalaugar
      landmannalaugar.net/camping-...

We will bring 3 seasons tents, gore-tex jacket and pants, sleeping Bag (comfort zone -2℃, low -7℃). Is it enough for camping in August?

Thank you for your advice!

more
    • irvbur's Profile Photo

October weather in Iceland?

Iceland Jul 13, 2016 at 9:39 AM

What is the weather like the last week in October?

more
    • Pruth_th's Profile Photo

Car Rental and Place to Stay in Ísafjörður

Ísafjörður Jul 16, 2016 at 1:24 PM

Hi Everyone,

I am planning to visit Ísafjörður during Nov/04 to Nov/06 this year.

Please suggest:
      1.) Car rental company, I am planning to rent 4x4 and driving around the area as well.
      2.) Place to stay.

Any other things that I need to be considered while traveling through this time Ísafjörður?

Thank you very much everyone for your information in advance.

more
    • whale watching

Iceland Jul 15, 2016 at 2:48 AM

Traveling the first two weeks of august with a campervan. Would like to try to see whales in the North of Iceland. Do you need to book a tour in advance? I'm flexible one or two days to look around for a tour. Thank you.

more
    • csuresh's Profile Photo

Initial Questions for October end tour

Iceland Jul 9, 2016 at 4:36 AM

I have booked flight tickets to travel end October to Reykjavik. I will be travelling with my wife and 2 kids. We plan to rent the car to go around places and want to take conducted tour to travel to see Northern Lights. Here are my questions - a) Is Car driving to places easy or any precautions needed with respect to weather, road conditions and remoteness during end of October b) Can anyone recommend reliable tour companies to see Northern Lights - Viator gives few and prices look okay but wanted to know from experienced travellers c) We are vegetarians - can we manage for our 4 days trip. Please provide your response and any other tips. I will come back with more questions on specific places that we want to see at a latter stage.

more
    • When to plan my Iceland trip

Iceland Jul 22, 2016 at 8:49 AM

I am taking my first solo trip to Iceland and am wondering if there were month recommendations?
      I'm looking in the March-May time frame to beat summer rates (as I am on a budget). It looks like April/May has better travel conditions but will I be better off going during another time?

• Also any recommendations about things I must see/places to go would be very appreciated, of course I am doing a lot of research but it's always helpful to hear some honest opinions.

Thank you!

more
    • patoo's Profile Photo

Hotel in Reykjavik center

Reykjavík Jul 19, 2016 at 2:44 AM

I'm organising a trip in Iceland beginning of august (yes in 10 days...) with my son. I'm looking for a good hotel in the center of Reykjavik, could you recommend hotel to me ? Do I need a car to visit Reykjavik ? Is there a good network of bus, train ? Is Blue Lagoon far from the center, how could we go there ? Is there an hotel in Blue Lagoon that is really unmissable ? No idea then where to go, if I need to have a car... so your advise are welcome :o)
      thank you
      Pat

more
    • Where to park in October

Iceland Jul 17, 2016 at 5:14 PM

Hi all
      Planning to visit Iceland and travel the ring road via camper van in Oct (3-13). Wondering where we would be able to legally and safely park the car as it seems all campsites close for the winter.

Any help would be appreciated !

more
    • oromer's Profile Photo

Where to change money

Iceland Jul 4, 2016 at 12:21 AM

Going to Iceland next weekend for 10 days. What is the best option to change money (Dollars or Euro) to ISK?
      ATM at the airport? ATM in the city? Change offices?
      Thank you

more
    • patoo's Profile Photo

help to book my road tour

Iceland Yesterday

Hi,
      I'm planning to visit Iceland (next week....), arriving in the night of 31st of july, rent a car, booked a room in Reykjavik for 4 nights (till 4th of august), I intend to spend one day visiting Reykjavik, then do a road tour to Golden Circle, the 2nd day, the 3rd day a road tour to Vik and Jokulsarion, then 4th day go to Akureyri to sleep one night, by road 41, then one day to do a road tour to lake Myvatn, Dettifoss... do you think my plan seems to be good ? and What do you advise me to do the next days ? have no idea... Hope my message is clear thank you for your help. Pat

more