VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Please save any personal content and exchange contact info with other members you’d like to stay in touch with. Thank you for your contributions to the VirtualTourist community.

Huntington Beach Travel Answers

change location
sazkia's Profile Photo

Hotel help!!

by sazkia Online Now Mar 6, 2008 at 11:03 AM

Hello there!
I'm from the UK and I'm travelling around california this summer, I'm staying in huntington beach for 4 days and can't wait!!!
Has anyone ever stayed at the 'huntington surf inn'. That is where i am thinking of staying, and wanted some opinions.

Also if you've got the time, where's the best places to go out at night, i'm 24 and looking for a good laugh!

Thank you Sarah xx

Quote & Answer
6 Answers
  • USanFrancisco's Profile Photo

Re: Hotel help!!

by USanFrancisco Online Now Mar 6, 2008 at 12:51 PM

I've never heard of that hotel. What's your price range???

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • travelgourmet's Profile Photo

by travelgourmet Online Now Mar 6, 2008 at 1:18 PM

I haven't stayed at the Huntington Surf Inn, but I have seen it. It looks like, what we call, a motel. You drive into the parking lot and your room is in front of you or up the stairs to the second floor. Location wise, it is on PCH about 3-4 blocks from Main St, off PCH, which is the busy strip area of "Surf City, USA". Lots of places to go to at night. At 24 or 64, I would head to the Irish Pub, Gallaghers for a lot of fun and a place to meet people. See their website: www.gallagherspub.com

• sazkia's Profile Photo

by sazkia Online Now Mar 6, 2008 at 1:29 PM

it is129 -149 a night. it looks ok from the website but there are absolutely no reviews on it anywhere which is why i am a bit concerned

• sazkia's Profile Photo

by sazkia Online Now Mar 6, 2008 at 1:30 PM

cheers - we just want somewhere relatively cheap and clean to stay. sounds like a good location so might just go for it. thanks for your reply

• travelgourmet's Profile Photo

by travelgourmet Online Now Mar 6, 2008 at 1:51 PM

Cheers. I just googled mapped the hotel on-line and it looks like a large peach colored "O" shaped building, not far from everything and it is the one I remember seeing on PCH. Try the website for the whole city of Huntington Beach,CA and look at Main St. opposite the Pier. You can get a good idea of the area this way, even for Marine del Rey, Santa Monica, etc. Website: http://maps.google.com/

• sazkia's Profile Photo

by sazkia Online Now Mar 6, 2008 at 1:55 PM

Thanks for your help, I'm travelling to santa monica aswell for 4 days. I came last year and loved it, so increasing my hols this year to a month and travelling around california.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines