Hong Kong Island

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• must visit place, hotel & transportation to macau

Hong Kong Sep 29, 2016 at 3:37 AM

hello, i'm planning to go to HK next november for 5days. do you have any suggestion about what place that i should visit? i'm thinking about tsim sha tsui (avenue of stars), victoria peak, peak tram, ladies market, 1881 heritage, lantau island, and macau, or maybe disneyland :)

about hotel to stay, which one is better? tsim sha tsui, mongkok or north point area?

and one more question, do i have to buy turbojet ticket via online? i read some article, they said in busy times, the ticket will be sold out on the spot.

thank you!

• anilpradhanshillong's Profile Photo

Decent place to stay for 10-odd nights

by anilpradhanshillong Online Now Sep 22, 2016 at 11:43 PM

Any recommendations from personal experience for a decent place to stay in for 10-odd days (Dec 23, 2016 to Jan. 02, 2017) in the heart of Hong Kong? I'll go through the reviews alright but in the meantime, do answer.

Thank you!

5 Answers Sep 29, 2016 at 2:06 AM
    • Looking for a serviced apartment

by JamieKaren Online Now Sep 5, 2016 at 1:29 AM

Hi, I have a kid who studying in Happy Valley. we decided to move there. Any suggestion for serviced apartment to stay in such area? Thanks.

• DSLR cameras

by desormej Online Now Aug 20, 2016 at 5:53 AM

Are camera prices much lower in hong kong compared to North America? If so what are some reputable stores?

22 Answers Sep 6, 2016 at 4:53 AM
    • Suggestions re visit

by Vicrob Online Now Jul 30, 2016 at 2:55 PM

Hi my wife and l have been to Hong Kong before and we are taking our 13 year old Grandaughter on her first overseas trip next April to Hong Kong, mainly to visit Disneyland, but also to experience the culture, shopping etc, we have booked accomodation in Kowloon for 7 nights, we are looking for some suggestions and tips re visiting Disneyland such as how many days, best way to get there and ticket purchases, as well as other sites that we should visit to give our Grandaughter a great experience. Thanks Rob

2 Answers Jul 30, 2016 at 4:37 PM
    • Numismatic products

by wlchiew8 Online Now May 4, 2016 at 7:17 PM

Where can l find shops that sell or trade in HongKong old currency notes, coins and accessories for numismatic collectors?

1 Answer May 5, 2016 at 3:55 PM
    • Where to shop in hong kong mid range????

by lidoqt88 Online Now Apr 27, 2016 at 9:33 PM

Hi all, I've just moved to HK from UK and noticed the lack of mid range shopping.. theres only h&m or gucci..and i dont really want to shop at places i can get in UK like Topshop, zara etc does anyone know wheres good to shop price range $500-$1500 ?

4 Answers May 15, 2016 at 12:18 PM
    • Hong kong and Macau Transport Question

by AkoI4 Online Now Apr 9, 2016 at 8:00 PM

Hi my family and I are going this April to Hong Kong and Macau. I have a couple of travel options questions pertaining to Transport.

Hong Kong Questions:

We will be staying in Canadian Hostel - Location: Chung King Mansions, No.40 Nathan Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon, Hong Kong.

What is the fastest way/ convenient and cheapest way from Hong Kong International Airport to our Hotel Canadian Hostel?

Please provide instruction/directions. Iif we are to take Train, Bus or Taxi from Hong Kong International Airport to Chung King Mansions, No.40 Nathan Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon, Hong Kong?

Please give us a rough estimate (Train, Bus and Taxi)?

Macau Question:

We will take ferry from Hong kong to Macau.

As we are already in Tsim Sha Tsui. Our Hotel in Macau is 5footway Inn Project Ponte 16-
      Location - Rua de Constantino Brito, No. 8, Macau Macau, China

How do we get from Tsi Sha Tsui to Ferry port going to Macau? What should we take? What is the approximate cost?

From Macau Ferry what form of transport can we take to get to our hotel in Rua de Constantino Brito, No. 8, Macau Macau, China?/

Are there any free shuttle bus we can take? If not what bus number can we take? How much is approximate cost?

How to get to Macau Airport?

Thank you and as always my family and I would appreciate your assistance.

3 Answers Apr 11, 2016 at 2:59 AM
    • MightyMo41's Profile Photo

by MightyMo41 Online Now Mar 26, 2016 at 8:45 AM

HI Vt members
      My wife and I are planing to visit Hong Kong next May, would like to hear your suggestions about what is must to be seen and done in there within 10 days.. how many days to stay in the Capital? any other cities islands to be visited? will 10 days be enough to discover Hong Kong or we need to extend..?

Thanks for giving the time to read my question(s).

2 Answers Apr 2, 2016 at 1:27 AM
    • Re-visiting, Hong Kong

by kaps_4 Online Now Feb 23, 2016 at 12:22 AM

Hi All,

I have been to Hong Kong twice before, hence the allure of visiting this lovely place again.
      Both times, I visited HK during Winters but this time I am planning a April end/Early May trip and that too with my
      3yr old son ( hence the queries and also the reason for visiting HK )

If somebody can pls ans my Q's -

a) Will it be too hot in HK somewhere bet April 25th to May 10th so much so that, will it constrict our travel to some places like theme parks, beaches etc which require almost a half /a day to spend !
      b) From the POV of Occupy Central issue which had cropped up in HK few months ago, is it OK to visit HK without any issues ! Transportation ( I will be mostly using MTR ) and which area to avoid ( from the problems POV )etc
      c) Connected to point C, recently riots broke out in is it ok now ?

Thank you in advance

8 Answers Feb 29, 2016 at 7:31 AM
    • Hong Kong Airport with new body scanners (pregnancy of wife)?

by TheRookie Online Now Feb 14, 2016 at 7:06 AM

Hi everyone,

I am going to travel with my wife who is pregnant to Hong Kong within short. Do they use these new Body Scanners at the airport of HKG? We are a bit afraid of potential radiation for our unborn kid. Thx!

7 Answers Feb 15, 2016 at 8:34 PM
    • Mikebb's Profile Photo

Breakfast Options Close To Ibis Hong Kong Central Hotel - Sheung Wan

by Mikebb Online Now Feb 3, 2016 at 2:42 AM

We are travelling with a group of 15 retired people from Perth and arrive in Hong Kong on 13th March for 4 nights at the Ibis Hong Kong Central Hotel - Sheung Wan - #28 Des Voeux Rd. Our group leader booked the Ibis Hong Kong without breakfast to keep the budget low. We will be travelling from Macau where we

I understand there is a Starbucks close by, however does it open by 8am and cater for a reasonable breakfast?

Are there other breakfast options open within walking distance of hotel? If so , would appreciate name and address of the café/restaurant and estimate of walking time.

Appreciate all advice and any suggestions!

4 Answers Feb 11, 2016 at 11:06 PM
    • Hong Kong Island

by barbara33london Online Now Jan 6, 2016 at 1:44 PM

My husband and I are visiting Hong Kong on the way to Australia in Feb and we are staying on Hong Kong island. Have we made the right choice as many people we have spoken to say we should be staying on Nathan Road, Kowloon.
      Is it easy and cheap to cross over to Kowloon ?
      Thanks for any advice.

3 Answers Feb 11, 2016 at 10:08 PM
    • SafetySue's Profile Photo

Private Car Service Transportation

by SafetySue Online Now Oct 28, 2015 at 12:31 PM

Anyone ever used China Car Service in Hong Kong?

1 Answer Oct 28, 2015 at 2:47 PM
    • Outfits (What to pack?)

by Jr1982 Online Now Oct 10, 2015 at 11:38 AM

Hi.. we will be going to HK in mid November.
      Any ideas what to pack? Dont wanna end up bringing unnecessary clothings.
      Many thanks in advance!

3 Answers Oct 11, 2015 at 1:23 PM
    • Is the accomdation we booked in the right place for tansport and night life

by MAGGIESTRAVEL Online Now Oct 2, 2015 at 8:12 AM

We are three Irish friends in our fifties and sixties .We are going to Hong Kong for three days on 26th October and then going to Vietnam We are on a fairly tight budget We have booked the Pearl Guest House Lodging Room 6A, 6/F, Mirador Mansion, 54-64Nathan Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon, We realise it is a budget option but are happy enough with basic accommodation so long as it is clean and safe with good transport links . However this is a once in a lifetime trip so we could push the boat out a bit if anyone had recommendations. Nightlife is important, we like live music, good atmosphere nice food on a budget. We are not very interested in museums more in getting the feel of the city .shopping malls do not attract us . Markets are high on our list .We like quirky things There are a few things that we think we would like to see Ten Thousand Buddhas Monastery, the view from Victoria Peak, Ride the Star Ferry, see the lights display. Possibly the big Budda, perhaps visit Central Hong Kong park
      Is the guest house location good? Any recommendations for an alternative location and accommodation would be much appreciated Is the night life good in this area? Any recommendations for live music particularly jazz

3 Answers Oct 2, 2015 at 6:11 PM
    • prescription glasses, china visa

by 8888everguard Online Now Sep 23, 2015 at 10:34 AM

Any recommendations on where to buy prescription glasses in Hong Kong or Shenzhen? We will be traveling to both cities in a week.

Is it better to get visa at border or in Hong Kong. The Chinese National Day holiday in on Oct. 10.

Thanks, Ron

1 Answer Sep 23, 2015 at 4:27 PM
    • Star Ferry Ride: From Central to TST

by DANI92 Online Now Sep 15, 2015 at 7:17 PM

Hi there! If I'll be coming from the Peak Tram Lower Terminus, what's the best way to go to Tsim Sha Tsui if I were to take the Star Ferry? Please include where I can buy the tickets for the ferry ride and the estimated time it will take. Thank you!

3 Answers Sep 16, 2015 at 6:11 AM
    • Long layover

by JCHRPH Online Now Aug 29, 2015 at 3:33 PM

We are planning an Asian Cruise and will have a 9 hour layover. Any suggestion what to do?
      Thank you!

• Airport Lounges

by MalH Online Now Aug 15, 2015 at 5:37 AM

We have a 10 hours layover between flights coming home to the UK from Australia and propose using an airport lounge. Which is the most convenient lounge for Cathay flights to Europe?

6 Answers Aug 29, 2015 at 6:22 AM
    • Airport lounges

by MalH Online Now Aug 15, 2015 at 5:16 AM

We have a 10 hour lay-over between flights when we return from Australia next year. We propose booking into a lounge for the duration, however there seems to be several. Our flight to the UK is with Cathay Pacific going to Manchester. Which lounge should we book?

• muhajer69's Profile Photo

Night life location

by muhajer69 Online Now Jun 25, 2015 at 5:36 AM

Any idea mates about the best location for someone who doesn't want to sleep early?

8 Answers Jun 26, 2015 at 7:50 AM
    • Need a discount hotel in hong kong

by lebron526 Online Now May 27, 2015 at 2:09 AM

Prices in HK are considerably higher than most other places . Would like something clean and safe with private bath if possible (but not required) in a location that is accessible for sightseeing and walking around.I need your advice,thanks!

10 Answers Jun 16, 2015 at 3:04 AM
    • single and visiting Hong Kong (Kowloon) for 4.5 days

by lolao4 Online Now May 26, 2015 at 10:13 AM

single traveller visiting Hong Kong for 4.5 days. Will be staying in Macau....need a suggestion for an itinerary and safety precautions...single female...
      1. Macau
      2. Day trip to Victoria peak
      3. Nightlife - is it safe to take cabs at night....Want to go to a club opposite Hard Rock Cafe
      4. Dining that a faux pas?
      Appreciate prompt response .....Left it till last minute...thank you

4 Answers May 27, 2015 at 5:36 AM
    • Chyan's Profile Photo

Any coach before 7 am from Hong Kong Airport to Guangzhou New Baiyun Airport?

by Chyan Online Now May 10, 2015 at 3:31 PM

Are there any coach departures from Hong Kong Airport to Guangzhou New Baiyun Airport before 7 am? I wish to know the ways to connect to a domestic flight in Guangzhou at 12.05 pm from Hong Kong Airport. Or is Dragonair flight the only way to reach New Baiyun Airport in a short time?

2 Answers Jun 25, 2015 at 6:08 PM
    • temple dress code

by silverminxys Online Now May 4, 2015 at 9:51 AM

what is the dress code for temples in hong kong thanks

5 Answers May 8, 2015 at 5:29 PM
    • Nice places to stay close to parks and yummy local food?

by wheredoigo Online Now Apr 20, 2015 at 11:51 PM

Whats the best way to travel with kids to?

5 Answers Apr 25, 2015 at 6:16 AM
    • Regarding May. Lama, Lantau or Discovery Bay?

by wheredoigo Online Now Apr 20, 2015 at 11:50 PM

We are traveling with family , 2 girls , 6 and 2 years and wanted to take a couple of days towards the end of the week in one of the island, which one would you recommend. Could we travel straight to the airport form any one of these?
      Thank you in advance.

4 Answers Apr 21, 2015 at 11:36 PM
    • adin's Profile Photo

very basic and preliminary info - cost of living, safety etc

by adin Online Now Apr 9, 2015 at 10:53 AM

As very basic, first "reaching out" questions for Hong Kong, business mainland (kowloon):
      1. cost of living assuming good hostel (dormitory), mid-range eating places, some public transport or local taxi in the island.
      2. which currency - EUR or USD to bring with me, or is it the same in terms of local customs and acceptance.
      3. General use of MasterCard - can rely on it in most places? banks? ATMs? No danger of "duplicating" in shops?
      4. Places of medical help / clinic in case of need, western standards.
      5. words of safety/beware of........(young woman traveling alone).
      6. recommended travel pages here on VT.

4 Answers May 29, 2015 at 10:15 AM
    • leeuss's Profile Photo

Hong Kong Transport Operating Hours

by leeuss Online Now Feb 24, 2015 at 8:48 PM

I will be arrive HK by this coming 16th March 2015, estimate time arrive 5am HK time.
      If possible i would like to go to hotel which locate at Mongkok (Dorsett Mongkok)
      i dont want to spending time by hanging around in airport for few hours.
      Prefer taking a taxi direct reach hotel for my convenience.
      Any idea for the operating time & the fares?

8 Answers Feb 25, 2015 at 7:25 PM
    • young couple visiting hong kong from january 23 to 26, 2015

by toursit_canada Online Now Jan 20, 2015 at 3:06 PM

hello, young couple (around 25 years) travelling to hong kong and looking for suggestions for activities. we are looking for night life suggestions as well places to visit while in hong kong. thanks for your assistance

9 Answers Mar 10, 2015 at 2:57 AM