VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Please save any personal content and exchange contact info with other members you’d like to stay in touch with. Thank you for your contributions to the VirtualTourist community.

Hollywood Travel Answers

change location
tracyskf's Profile Photo

Hollywood Sign

by tracyskf Online Now Jan 28, 2009 at 12:09 AM

I read somewhere that we can have a good view of Hollywood sign on Hollywood & Highland centre? Is this true?

Please let me know where to best catch this and have a picture that is clear (without background of crowd).

Thanks!

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • Dabs's Profile Photo

Re: Hollywood Sign

by Dabs Online Now Jan 28, 2009 at 7:40 AM

I thought the view of the Hollywood sign from Griffith Park up near the Griffith Observatory was quite good with no obstruction.

This website shows the view from Hollywood & Highland

hollywoodsign.org/see_highla...

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • travelgourmet's Profile Photo

by travelgourmet Online Now Jan 28, 2009 at 1:41 PM

I agree that the Griffth Observatory is the place to get an unobstucted view of the sign. I have a picture of the sign (regular distance, no zoom) on my VT Los Angeles home page. See: "THE LAND OF BROKEN DREAMS, LOS ANGELES" - Los Angeles by travelgourmet

• poetjo's Profile Photo

by poetjo Online Now Nov 6, 2009 at 6:53 PM

I read that as well so while there last week I took a photo from the Hollywood/Highland center and though you can get the Hollywood sign it is very far away. I would go with the other suggestion from Griffith Park.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines