VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Please save any personal content and exchange contact info with other members you’d like to stay in touch with. Thank you for your contributions to the VirtualTourist community.

Holguín Travel Answers

change location

Distance to Guardalavaca

by sfdgwr801 Online Now Jan 8, 2008 at 1:24 PM

Hi..... We are staying at Playa Costs Verde at the end of April and we would like to take a day trip into Guardalavaca......... How far is it from the hotel and would you be able to rent scooters to get there by?

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • Re: Distance to Guardalavaca

by judigood Online Now Feb 10, 2008 at 1:38 PM

Guardalavaca is a village. There is really nothing much to see there. The resort we stayed at had bicycles as well as scooters. Also available for15 pesos was a horse and buggy tour. The guide took us on a tour of the area as well as through the town of Guardalavaca.
    We took the day trip to Holguin which is the 3rd largest city in Cuba. Also included was a train ride, cuban lunch, tour of a cigar factory etc. It was ok but I really wouldn't do it again. I've been on other city tours on other vacations which I found more enjoyable. Shopping in Holguin was very limited and they use a different peso than the tourists so you couldn't really know how much things were unless you asked. There wasn't much worth buying anyway.

I will say we loved Cuba and will be looking forward to returning

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines