change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Overnight activities in Sapporo

Sapporo Nov 30, 2016 at 6:57 PM

Hello,

Can anyone recommend any activities/shopping mall/arcades/book stores that operate 24/7?
      My partner and I are unable to find any accommodation in Sapporo center or Shin Sapporo on Christmas Eve (24th of Dec 2016) at this point, and it appears that we will be accommodation-less for the night.

I would greatly appreciate it if anyone can suggest anything we can do to kill the overnight hours.

Arigatou,
      Yang

more
    • Overnight activities in Sapporo

Sapporo Nov 30, 2016 at 6:57 PM

Hello,

Can anyone recommend any activities/shopping mall/arcades/book stores that operate 24/7?
      My partner and I are unable to find any accommodation in Sapporo center or Shin Sapporo on Christmas Eve (24th of Dec 2016) at this point, and it appears that we will be accommodation-less for the night.

I would greatly appreciate it if anyone can suggest anything we can do to kill the overnight hours.

Arigatou,
      Yang

6 Answers Yesterday
    • Drifting ice

Sapporo Oct 19, 2016 at 12:40 PM

Is it worth to plan walking on drifting ice or is it just a tourist trap?

1 Answer Oct 19, 2016 at 2:08 PM
    • Drifting ice

Sapporo Oct 19, 2016 at 12:40 PM

Is it worth to plan walking on drifting ice or is it just a tourist trap?

3 Answers Oct 19, 2016 at 10:34 PM
    • Suggestions on Itinerary

Hokkaido Oct 4, 2016 at 5:50 PM

Hi fellow VTs,
      I need help in your views. I be travelling with grp of 4 (2 couples). We be travelling to Japan nxt yr late march - early April (14 days). This will be our 1st trip to Japan. We have booked a return flight to New Chitose Airport, Hokkaido. Our plan was to travel to Tokyo first then head up back north to Hokkaido. I understand that the Japan Rail Pass is valid for the Shinkanse from Hakodate to Tokyo. As we are most likely to purchase the 7 days pass, we will only be in Tokyo for 7 days then head back up to Hokkaido where we plan to base ourselves at Sapporo.
      (1)Once arrived, how do we travel from New Chitose Airport to Hakidote? Via train/bus.. how long & how much?
      (2)For Hokkaido, is there any similar travel pass like Japan Rail pass? Is it well connected.. If yes, how much?
      (3) Any suggestion on places of interest for Hokkaido. We are nature loving people. We love sightseeing around mountains, villages etc. I heard that Hokkaido has one of the beautiful villages in Japan. Is it true..? If yes is it easily accessible via bus/train.

Sorry to trouble u with these question. We are open to any suggestions and can't wait to hear from u guys.
      Thank you in advance.

4 Answers Oct 4, 2016 at 8:20 PM
    • Melanie_Putra's Profile Photo

from Toyoko Inn Hokkaido Sapporo-eki Kita-guchi to NHK Bldg by Toho Subway Line

Sapporo Oct 2, 2016 at 1:00 PM

Hello,

We need to travel with heavy luggage from Toyoko Inn Hokkaido Sapporo-eki Kita-guchi to NHK Bldg by Toho Subway Line.

Sapporo Toho Line Subway Station
      I know the nearest exit at Sapporo Station to the hotel is exit 16. However, that just has stairs. Is there any route via Paseo or JR Tower Hotel Nikko which we can use whereby we won't be encountering any stairs on the way to the subway station?

NHK Bldg
      When I searched Google Street View I saw an exit very near the TV Tower with an elevator (Northwest corner of the Odori Park section where the tower stands). However, I can't seem to find the exit number.. Thus, I won't know which exit to use from within the station.

Would anyone be ably to assist by directing us to the nearest Toho Line's exits with escalator/elevator at both the Sapporo Toho Line Subway Station and Odori Toho Line Subway Station, please?
      Secondly, would appreciate if anyone can post the links to the layout maps of Toho Line Sapporo and Odori Stations, please?
      We are hoping to be able to travel between these two places easily and quickly with our trolley bags, without encountering any stairs..

Tq, Mel

5 Answers Oct 3, 2016 at 6:45 AM
    • aodreen's Profile Photo

Lavender-Go no 8 Bus

Hokkaido Sep 14, 2016 at 7:06 AM

Hi, I will be in asahikawa from 21st june to 24th june 2017. I plan to visit farm tomita and ninguru terrace on 22 june 2017 and bier on 23 june 2017. As I am not driving, so I wonder is Lavender-Go no 8 Bus available for me to travel with from asahikawa station? Or I should go with jr train then go around furano and bier with taxi? Will the taxi fare expensive? Thanks a lot. Regards, aodreen

2 Answers Sep 20, 2016 at 7:38 AM
    • aodreen's Profile Photo

Explore Sapporo City via Subway & Streetcar

Sapporo Sep 9, 2016 at 9:18 AM

Hi,

I am exploring the best option to explore Sapporo city by subway and streetcar.

Below are the places I plan to go.
      1. Hokkaido Jingu Shrine (From Susukino Subway Station to Maruyama Kouen Subway Station)
      2. Odori Park (From Maruyama Kouen Subway Station to Odori Subway Station)
      3. Tanukikoji Shopping Arcade (From Odori Subway Station to Susukino Subway Station)
      4. Mt Moiwa (Streetcar return)
      5. Back to hotel near Susukino Subway Station

Should I purchase the Donichika Ticket & Dosanko Pass below? Or should I use 共通 with you card, the Subwayenvironment (500, 1100, 3300, 5500, 11,500, child 1,100) (Including the Memorial design common with u card.) Which one is the best option? Thanks a lot.

Donichika Ticket (One-day Subway Pass for Weekends and Holidays) - Yen 520.00
      Dosanko Pass (One-day Streetcar 市电 Pass for Weekends and Holidays) - Yen 310.00

5 Answers Oct 3, 2016 at 9:08 PM

Buses to/from Sapporo Kokusai

Sapporo May 16, 2016 at 5:22 AM

In February I plan to go skiing at Sapporo Kokusai Resort for two days while staying the two nights at Jozankei Onsen.
      Feb 9: Depart from Sapporo straight to the ski field. After skiing, proceed to Jozankei to check in
      Feb 10: Skiing
      Feb 11: Check-out from Jozankei, taking the complimentary hotel shuttle back to Sapporo

Prior to the skiing trip I'll be staying in Susukino. Thus, would prefer to board the bus/coach to Sapporo Kokusai from Susukino rather than from Sapporo Station. I read that I can board the Sapporo Resort Liner from Sapporo Tokyu REI Hotel in Susukino (08:15).

Q1. Since the hotel sits at the corner, would anyone know the coach picks up passengers from Tsukisamu Dori or the side road of the hotel?

Q2. The website states the return ticket between Sapporo and Kokusai costing ¥2,500. Can I just reserve a one way ticket? I see the online reservation, but it is not yet opened for booking. There's also ¥4980 bus & chairlift package but for a day return trip, Purchased on the bus. If I want to buy this yet I need to do a reservation, how does it work? I will require ski rental and
      lift passes for 2 days.

Q3. I see that I can also take the Jotetsu buses from Sapporo Tokyu REI Hotel in Susukino departing at 07:07 and 08:07 on weekday mornings on the Sapporo Kokusai website (sapporo-kokusai.jp/en/access...).
      a. How much would the one way ticket for the Jotetsu buses cost?
      b. Can I reserve a seat on these buses? Don't fancy standing for an hour plus...
      c. Is there a luggage compartment under the belly of these buses? I will be carrying a medium sized trolley bag. Thus, hoping to store it in the luggage compartment.
      d. I read that the Kappa Liner requires reservation, but does it go to Sapporo Kokusai?

Q4. From the Sapporo Kokusai website I see the last departure for Daiichi Kanko/Jotetsu bus from the ski field to Jozankei Onsen on weekdays being 16:30. Is there another bus departing later than 16:30 for Jozankei Onsen?

Tq, Melanie

• Hokkaido Jingu

Sapporo May 6, 2016 at 9:23 PM

I will be arriving in Hokkaido on 10 May. I would like to visit Hokkaido Jingu before heading for Hakodate. Any bus from Chitose Airport that will stop at Hokkaido Jingu? Which is the most convenient way to go to Hokkaido Jingu? I will be taking a bus down to Hakodate after the visit to Hokkaido Jingu. I have a suitcase to carry. Where is the best place to store my luggage taking into account of the bus travel to Hakodate later that day? I have checked that It's 15 minutes walk if I take subway but only 1 minute's walk if I take a bus. However, I don't know where to take the bus and I don't know how long the bus journey time is. Grateful if someone can help.

1 Answer May 6, 2016 at 10:28 PM
    • Authentic lodge homestay

Asahikawa May 5, 2016 at 3:10 AM

Hi fellow travellers,

Does anyone have any similar accommodation suggestions for authentic experiences like this one? Looking for a homestay base with real home cooked food for exploring Daisetsuzan National Park.

en.japantravel.com/hokkaido/...

Thanks!

• Exploring Hokkaido

Sapporo Apr 23, 2016 at 12:20 AM

Hi
      Can I explore Hokkaido using local train or buses without using JR Pass?
      Thanks

4 Answers Apr 23, 2016 at 6:25 PM
    • 6 Full Days In Hokkaido

Hokkaido Apr 10, 2016 at 8:08 PM

Hi
      I am planning a trip for 8 pax to Hokkaido from 27/8 to 3/9 and would like some advise. Our first frip to Hokkaido
      1) Self Drive or join land tours?
      2) Would like to do some onsen
      3) Late Aug -- ski mountains any chance of snow
      Have not planned any itinerary yet.

Thanks
      Jeanie

• How to go up to the Hell Valley ?

Noboribetsu Mar 8, 2016 at 8:25 PM

I'm trying to ask if there's any alternative way for me to go up the instead of walking 30 minutes alone. Plus any tips or useful information for my trip?

2 Answers Mar 9, 2016 at 8:01 AM
    • Jr Pass Sendai to Sapporo

Sapporo Feb 5, 2016 at 7:49 PM

Hello: I'd like to travel from Sendai to Sapporo,stopping in Hakodate in October 2016 using the Jr Rail pass,any tips will be appreciated.Thanks in advance.

5 Answers Mar 7, 2016 at 4:00 PM

Online Seat Reservation w JR Hokkaido

Hokkaido Jan 28, 2016 at 3:18 AM

I have a question regarding online seat reservation for JR Hokkaido..

I know there is an English language online seat reservation site. What I need to know is at which point is the payment made?
      1. Upon reservation my credit card will be charged for both the reserved seat fee and train ticket? Or,
      2. I pay the total amount at the point of receiving the ticket + the reserved seat at the JR Midori No Madoguchi? If here, can I pay with cash?

Tq, Mel

Tokyo Banana at New Chitose Airport?

Chitose Jan 18, 2016 at 9:11 AM

Can I buy Tokyo Banana at New Chitose Airport? If yes, whereabouts in the airport? How early does the shop open?

Tq, Mel

5 Answers Mar 8, 2016 at 1:32 PM

Tambou or Rikyu for beef tongue in Sapporo?

Sapporo Jan 18, 2016 at 6:34 AM

We will be in Sapporo for a couple of nights. Now I am compiling restaurant list. Besides the crab and seafood I also want to eat grilled beef tongue which I totally love. I usually eat at Negishi whenever I'm in Tokyo. My research of Sapporo unearthed two places, Tambou and Rykyu. I know at least that Rikyu originated from Sendai and they have branches in Tokyo too but I've yet to try them out. Would anyone be able to recommend which of the two is better? Or even another place for beef tongue?

Tq, Melanie

2 Answers Mar 8, 2016 at 1:30 PM

Luggage rack on JR Hokkaido's Ltd Exp Ozora & Tokachi

Hokkaido Jan 14, 2016 at 5:09 PM

Hi,

We are catching both the Ltd Exp Tokachi and Ozora between Sapporo and Shintoku Stations.

Can I find out if these trains have luggage racks near the front/rear of the carriages?

Thanks,
      Mel

5 Answers Jan 15, 2016 at 5:19 PM

Travel w luggage to Shintoku Station

Hokkaido Jan 3, 2016 at 12:14 AM

6 of us (adults) plan to catch a train from New Chitose Airport Station to Shintoku Station in March. We are going skiing, thus will need to bring fairly big luggage (up to 29"). I have questions pertaining to carrying luggage on this train trip..

1. Read that to transfer from the Airport train to the Ltd Exp at Minami Chitose Station is very easy since you just need to walk across the platform. It this correct?

2. Is there any luggage rack in the Ltd Exp to Shintoku (Super Tokachi)? Ours would be too big to put above our heads or at the footrest area..

3. Once at Shintoku Station, do we need to climb any stairs? Would there be any elevator?

Tq! Mel

8 Answers Mar 19, 2016 at 9:06 AM
    • Frozen Wagyu

Sapporo Dec 23, 2015 at 7:14 AM

I am in Sapporo and flying back to Singapore via Chitose and Narita. Where is the best place to buy some frozen wagyu beef to bring back to Singapore ? Many thanks.

1 Answer Jan 17, 2016 at 6:39 PM
    • exceellent's Profile Photo

sapparo visit ?

Sapporo Oct 24, 2015 at 9:06 AM

is it good time to visit sapparo [ hokaida region ] in japan after 15th nov ?

how many days shud i stay there

2 Answers Oct 25, 2015 at 3:57 PM
    • stamporama's Profile Photo

Autumn foliage

Sapporo Sep 23, 2015 at 7:23 PM

Will be in Sapporo on the first week of November. May I know where could I go to photograph spectacular autumn foliage that's accessible by public transport.

Thanks for any info!

4 Answers Sep 24, 2015 at 6:46 AM
    • WinterSolace's Profile Photo

Tenguyama Ropeway in the Nov/Dec period

Otaru Aug 6, 2015 at 9:41 PM

Hey, I will be in Hokkaido for the period 26 Nov to 3 Dec. I'm planning to visit Otaru and thereafter go to Mount Tengu via the ropeway on Sunday, 29 Nov. Just wondering whether the ropeway is available for service and the opening hours.

Thank you very much.

4 Answers Aug 7, 2015 at 5:57 AM

Ekiben sold at New Chitose Airport?

Hokkaido Aug 2, 2015 at 8:41 AM

We are arriving into New Chitose Airport at 8:20am and hoping to catch the 10:33am train to Shintoku. Where in the airport can we buy ekiben to have as lunch on the train? Would prefer to get here rather than at Minami Chitose Station since the transit time is only 10 minutes.

Tq, Mel

6 Answers Aug 5, 2015 at 1:55 AM
    • Hokkaido in late october

Hokkaido Jul 31, 2015 at 10:58 PM

Which places should I visit in the Hokkaido/Sapporo area during the last week of October? I have a week.

1 Answer Aug 1, 2015 at 3:39 AM
    • sappor tapas festival

Sapporo Jul 9, 2015 at 1:17 PM

any suggestions for this coming festival next month?

1 Answer Jul 9, 2015 at 9:04 PM
    • Tellme's Profile Photo

Tattoo onsen?

Hokkaido Jun 30, 2015 at 11:30 AM

Hi All, I have a sizeable back tattoo but would still like to onsen (preferably outdoor) on our trip around Hokkaido during the next two weeks. Does anyone know any onsen (anywhere in Hokkaido) that don't care and will let me bathe? From previous experience years ago I know most places have signs up prohibiting entry to tattooed folk. Have the times changed? I was last there about 4yrs ago and was able to hide a smaller tattoo under strapping tape, but I won't be able to hide this new back one. We have a car and no set itinerary - will just end our trip in Kushiro, so any recommendations, anywhere at all, would be appreciated. Thanks, Terry

11 Answers Aug 15, 2016 at 2:22 AM
    • 7Day self-drive hokkaido

Hokkaido Jun 14, 2015 at 11:34 PM

Hi,

Need some help with my programme. My partner and I are planning our 1st self drive trip to Hokkaido in end Aug. We're into scenery (photography), food and shopping. Here's what we came up with:

Option A
      Day 1: Sin – Tokyo – Chitose (pick up car at 17:00). Chitose-Noboribetsu. Overnight Noboribetsu.
      Day 2: Noboribetsu – Lake Toya - Otaru. Overnight at Otaru
      Day 3: Otaru - Furano. Overnight at Furano
      Day 4: Furano - Biei - Asahikawa - Sapporo.
      Day 5: Sapporo
      Day 6: Sapporo. Total 3N at Sapporo.
      Day 7: Sapporo - Chitose (Return car at 18:00)

1) Are the plans too rushed or ok? Especially for Day 2 and 4.
      2) Should I overnight around Lake Toya at Day 2, or go directly to Otaru?
      3) Any place I should skip/visit for better route plan?
      4) Any better route to be taken?

Thanks so much for your help!

2 Answers Jun 22, 2015 at 8:39 AM
    • DaHongHua's Profile Photo

Hokkaido in July ?

Hokkaido Mar 17, 2015 at 2:08 AM

I have a few off days in July, my wife suggest Hokkaido. I think there are more to see Hokkaido in winter compare to summer, what is your opinion ?

5 Answers Apr 3, 2015 at 5:51 AM
    • 4 nights 5 days in Sapporo

Sapporo Jan 8, 2015 at 5:28 PM

Hi guys, I am going to Sapporo from 31st Jan till the 4th Feb and would like to get ideas on what to do, travelling myself and wants to see more on lifestyle/culture than tourist attractions. Also want to experience Japanses food culture as well.

Cheers

3 Answers Mar 10, 2015 at 7:09 AM