Hlavni Mesto Praha

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• How is it to visit Prague in winter?

Prague Nov 17, 2016 at 2:57 AM

Please I need your review based on your experiences. Is it worthy to visit Prague in the winter?
      Or I have to plan in the spring/summer?
      If you have visited the city in winter, did you enjoy the the trip? What about the weather, was it good enough to enjoy?

Thank you in advance and have a good day!

more
    • Best time to visit

Prague Dec 7, 2016 at 12:11 AM

Hello,

I am planning to visit Prague, Vienna & Bratislava during the second half of March 2017.

I would be travelling with my wife and 18 month old baby.

Please advise if this is a good time to be visiting these places. If not, what would be the best time to visit.

Thank you in advance for your opinion.

Regards,

P

more

Popular Hlavni Mesto Praha Travel Answer Locations

• Best time to visit

Prague Dec 7, 2016 at 12:11 AM

Hello,

I am planning to visit Prague, Vienna & Bratislava during the second half of March 2017.

I would be travelling with my wife and 18 month old baby.

Please advise if this is a good time to be visiting these places. If not, what would be the best time to visit.

Thank you in advance for your opinion.

Regards,

P

6 Answers Yesterday
    • How is it to visit Prague in winter?

Prague Nov 17, 2016 at 2:57 AM

Please I need your review based on your experiences. Is it worthy to visit Prague in the winter?
      Or I have to plan in the spring/summer?
      If you have visited the city in winter, did you enjoy the the trip? What about the weather, was it good enough to enjoy?

Thank you in advance and have a good day!

4 Answers Nov 17, 2016 at 9:55 AM
    • Prague Transportation

Prague Nov 7, 2016 at 6:20 AM

We shall be visiting Prague for one day on the 11th December 2016 and shall be parking our car at the Palladium shopping mall car park, which is the best way regarding public transport to use to arrive to the Prague castle?

2 Answers Nov 7, 2016 at 11:08 AM
    • choosing a hotel

Prague Sep 19, 2016 at 6:14 PM

We fly into Prague at 8:00 Pm end of October. The next morning were taking a bus to brno. Is it worth the extra cost to stay at the airport hotels or is transportation easy enough to get to a cheaper hotel for the night? Any recommendations on hotels? We'd like the courtyard for convenience but it is expensive. Thanks!

3 Answers Sep 19, 2016 at 11:49 PM
    • stamoz's Profile Photo

metro operating time

Prague Sep 5, 2016 at 3:39 AM

hi everyone,

I kindly ask if anyone knows at what time the metro train starts? or is it avaiable 24/7?

The reason is I have to catch my flight at 7:00 am thus I gotta take the metro and then the shuttle bus to Prague international airport. Even thou it's a flight within the Schengen área it seems I still need to be there pretty early due check-in procedures.

Otherwise I can take a taxi and that's what I'm trying to avoid since it will be very Price unless got no choice, cheers

7 Answers Sep 5, 2016 at 10:37 AM
    • Tram number 22 and tram91

Prague Aug 30, 2016 at 12:57 PM

Are those two or one of them included in the combined ticket for metro-tram etc?
      The 91 is an old style tram with a special line, and the 22 also goes through a touristic course.

3 Answers Aug 31, 2016 at 4:27 AM
    • A good family restaurant

Prague Aug 28, 2016 at 3:54 AM

Can any one introduce me a good nonexpensive centeral local restaurant in prague?

4 Answers Oct 20, 2016 at 6:59 AM
    • prague transportation ticket

Prague Aug 27, 2016 at 1:15 PM

I saw there are 1/2/3 days tickets. Is there a week's ticket too?
      We'll be there soon for 8 days. I'm planning to make 3-4 day tours out of town, (and the rest in the city)
      but on those days too I'll use the tram/bus/metro to get to the station...
      So I wandered if I would use a 3 days ticket X 2 + a single day ticket X2...
      Or is there a cheaper way around?

6 Answers Aug 28, 2016 at 2:31 AM
    • ABHAYALPHA's Profile Photo

Solo visit

Prague Aug 25, 2016 at 3:34 PM

Is it safe to travel alone ? I am Indian visiting eastern Europe

5 Answers Aug 26, 2016 at 3:27 PM
    • Parking in Jewish Quarter

Prague Aug 8, 2016 at 11:07 AM

We are driving into Prague tomorrow and need to park our car. We heard there is an underground parkade nearby for 20 euro/day. Would it be just as safe to park at a park and ride station? Any tips on taking the metro to the apartment? How much would it be to take a cab in from the airport if we park there?

Thanks for the help!

• Prague local foods and anice family restaurant

Prague Jul 29, 2016 at 2:45 AM

We are coming to prague for only 2 days at the end of august,what is the local meal over there and is there any suggestion for a nice family local restaurant which is not so expensive in central prague like wenceslas square or old town?

6 Answers Jul 31, 2016 at 2:09 AM
    • Flurence station to wanceslas square

Prague Jul 28, 2016 at 11:45 AM

Is it possible to walk from flurence bus station to wanceslas square(botique 7 days hotel)on foot with my family?

2 Answers Jul 28, 2016 at 12:10 PM
    • Train To Vienna - Border Control ?

Prague Jul 5, 2016 at 5:25 PM

Hello All,
      I have a question and I would really appreciate your help... Ill be traveling from Prague to Vienna end of July via train, tickets are bought already,,, my question to the peeps who travelled lately from prague to Vienna is , was ther any border controls? If thats the case l, what is the scenario? I am a Canadian passport holder ... Will they check my passport and my luggage? latel i read something is the ne s that the borders between czeck and Austria are not so easy with all the refugees crossing and police patrols are all over the ppace in both countries?? Again, ur support is really appreciated

3 Answers Jul 6, 2016 at 6:33 AM
    • stamoz's Profile Photo

transportation from/to airport

Prague Jul 4, 2016 at 9:14 AM

hi everyone,

I'll be heading to Prague in a couple of weeks thus I kindly ask for other means of transport than taxi cabs, like some buses or shuttles which might take people to the centre city or at least the closest to. Also would like thee running time tables as I'm scheduled to arrive at 21:15 hrs.

thank you

6 Answers Jul 17, 2016 at 6:01 AM
    • DaveEl's Profile Photo

Where to park near Prague Airport?

Prague Jun 23, 2016 at 6:40 AM

Hi guyz! Does any of you have any current information about prices of Prague Airport parking places? I read an article about something like a price comparison website (in czech) - mediaunit.cz/parkovani-u-let... . I checked some refferences and prices of individual parking places near Prague Airport and obviously one of the best options for me is this parking place in Řeporyje - http://www.zaparkujteuletiste.cz/ . I would like to ask, if you have any positive experiences with this parking place and what to expext from it. Is it even worth to park elsewhere than at the official airport parking place?

2 Answers Jun 24, 2016 at 12:22 AM
    • Live Music/Bars and Smoking

Prague Jun 10, 2016 at 2:35 PM

Hi! I did a search for this but the posts were a few years old and maybe things have changed. Can anyone recommend a nice pub or bar in Prague where we can hear some live music? We're 40+ years of age so nothing too wild. :)

Also, what is the smoking situation in Prague? I've tried Googling this but it's unclear whether the smoke-free legislation has actually passed/been implemented. If the bars are full of smoke we won't be going, but I'm crossing my fingers that the restaurants will at least be smoke-free. Thanks in advance for any replies!

4 Answers Jun 14, 2016 at 1:02 AM
    • Train travel from Prague

Prague Jun 8, 2016 at 4:17 PM

We'd like to travel by train from Prague to Vienna in early September. Should I be booking our train tickets now (online)? If so, through which company? Or is it feasible to just buy our train tickets when we're in Prague?

Thank you

16 Answers Jul 5, 2016 at 10:55 PM
    • veerzaara's Profile Photo

Solo Female Traveling to Prague for 3-4 Days

Prague May 29, 2016 at 8:30 AM

If this has been asked in another forum, please direct me. I would like to travel to Prague this July for 3 or 4 days. I am female and will be traveling alone. I plan on doing a free walking tour of the city and a day trip to Terezin. I would like to do a lot of walking to sites. I am wondering if any other solo travelers have been to Prague and have any suggestions or comments.

Thank you!

2 Answers May 29, 2016 at 11:04 PM
    • Karlithus's Profile Photo

Perla Hotel - Perlova street

Prague May 29, 2016 at 7:48 AM

Hello there!

So, next trip already sorted out.. Prague!

I have been looking at some hotels and one that caught my eyes was Perla Hotel - Near most of interesting spots, cheap and looking good inside.

After reading some reviews on TripAdvisor I became aware that the street where it is located - Perlova Street - is not at its best at night. Usually me and my girlfriend go back to the hotel at around midnight, which I think might not be that late.

Does any of you already stayed on this hotel? Any tip about it or the street(s) around safety?

Thanks!

1 Answer May 29, 2016 at 8:15 AM
    • Bungalow apartment at Bilkova 19 courtyard

Prague May 7, 2016 at 8:08 AM

Does anyone know anything about the bungalow apartment for rent in the courtyard of Bilkova 19? It looks interesting, but there are very few reviews.

Thanks.

2 Answers May 16, 2016 at 7:46 AM
    • Air conditioning

Prague May 7, 2016 at 8:03 AM

I am coming to visit in July. I am renting an apartment for a week. Is air conditioning necessary?

3 Answers May 16, 2016 at 7:46 AM
    • Prewedding photography

Prague May 6, 2016 at 8:05 AM

Hi All, Do i need a working visa for my photographer in order to take prewedding photography in prague? are there any restrictions?

• Can't remember restaurant I ate at walking away from the Wenceslas Statue/Muzeum Metro

Prague May 3, 2016 at 10:27 AM

I was walking down the street on the right side towards old town, not too far, and there was a touristy restaurant that looked very atmospherically old, I think it said something about authentic or best Czech food. I was walked to the back, down the stairs to a cellar area, with a sort of industrial/steampunk think hanging from the ceiling. Some guys in costume wandered through, but I wasn't sure if they were part of the service. I had a wonderful dinner and then they gave me a complimentary drink that was delicious. I am still kicking myself for not asking what it was. It had a very very light flavor. My friends think it was absinthe, but I've heard that is a strong taste, like greek licorice flavored wine. Does anyone know what they might have given me as a complimentary end of meal drink? I am kicking myself for not asking.

6 Answers May 3, 2016 at 9:24 PM
    • Where to buy Garnets

Prague Feb 21, 2016 at 9:16 AM

Does anyone know of a reliable store to buy garnets.
      I know they might be of varying quality but not fakes.
      Thanks Losham

• bars and partys for 18 years old

Prague Feb 21, 2016 at 5:28 AM

hey me and 3 freinds are going to prauge in april and we want to know if there are bars and partys that 18-20 years old goes??

1 Answer Feb 21, 2016 at 5:42 AM
    • Black Light Theater

Prague Feb 18, 2016 at 1:27 PM

Does anyone know of a good black box performance. The reviews about all of those theaters in Prague have been more on the negative side.
      We will be in Prague in May and want to see a black box show and not really a mixed musical review.

Thanks for advice.
      Losham

• BEST PLACE TO STAY

Prague Jan 30, 2016 at 7:10 PM

WHAT IS THE BEST AREA TO STAY AT IN PRAGUE AND THE BEST CENTRAL LOCATION?

2 Answers Jan 31, 2016 at 4:08 AM
    • Public transportation from the airport

Prague Jan 13, 2016 at 6:06 AM

Hello, does anyone have information on how to get from the airport to Žižkov area, using public transportation?

4 Answers Jan 14, 2016 at 1:44 AM
    • Train along the Danube River

Prague Jan 3, 2016 at 10:15 PM

Hello travellers, we have 9 days to see Prague and then travel by train to Amsterdam. Not sure how many days we need in Prague!! Then we want to travel by train stopping overnight in a few places. Can anyone help us with train travel particularly along the Danube River. Thanks

4 Answers Jan 4, 2016 at 5:04 PM
    • train travel

Prague Jan 3, 2016 at 10:08 PM

What is the best route to travel by train from prague to Amsterdam along the Danube river?

2 Answers Jan 4, 2016 at 4:51 PM