change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• PaulKilgour's Profile Photo

Tempelhof Airfield access

Berlin Sep 13, 2016 at 11:28 PM

Can anyone tell mr what the access is to the outside of the airfield? I'm too late to book a guided tour, but would like to photograph the hanger and other places within the grounds. I know the green areas have access, but i'm not sure of the area nearer the hanger. Thanks.

more

Early flight from Shöenefeld

Berlin Aug 31, 2016 at 7:18 AM

If I book a flight to leave at 7.30, can I actually get there? I'm staying near Frankfurter Alle S+U Bahn.

more
    • Rachel972's Profile Photo

From Schoenefeld without taxi alone all the way

Berlin Aug 30, 2016 at 2:21 AM

I'll arrive at the Schoenefeld airport, in the middle of the day, and stay at the Novum Winters hotel Gendarmenmarkt. Is the best way to take the airport bus to the Alexanderplatz and from there a taxi to the hotel? I guess there are taxis around the end station of the bus ?

This time I'm without my husband to carry the suitcase (not big).

more

Welcome card

Berlin Sep 2, 2016 at 11:07 AM

After my family meeting I'll have three days alone to visit museums, and return to Schoenefeld on the fourth day. Is it worth while to buy the Berlin Welcome card? I see museums thoroughly, not three-four a day. I see on their website that I can buy a three day card.

more

Meeting at Schoenefeld airport

Berlin Sep 1, 2016 at 7:08 AM

I'll arive at the airport at 10 AM from Israel, my sister and inlaw will arrive later from Gatwick. We're staying at the same hotel (family meeting), and she has already reserved a taxi to the hotel . I want to meet her at the airport to go with them, are there different places to get the luggage and several exits? Or only a single exit?

I'll want to get out of the passport control and the luggage, and I can't wait there because I have to eat breakfast. Low-cost flight, leaving home at 3 AM.

more
    • Nature of Berlin people?

Berlin Aug 30, 2016 at 5:54 AM

is Berlin friendly ?

more
    • Visiting the Black Forest in March 2017

Black Forest Sep 11, 2016 at 12:25 PM

Hi,
      My wife and I are planning to tour the Black Forest area in March 2017.
      We were wondering if we may encounter any problems with bad weather at this time of year?
      We know that there may be snow. which is as far as i am concerned will be a bonus? (Will be travelling in a 4x4.)
      But will the normal tourist sites be open at this time of year?
      We are thinking of basing ourselves in the lake Titisee area, can anyone give us some tips on any must see things or thing we should do.
      Thanks in advance.

more
    • jmpncsu's Profile Photo

Munich Layover

Munich Sep 8, 2016 at 6:31 AM

We have a eight hour layover in Munich. Was wondering if there's anything nearby to kill some time instead of sitting in the airport. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks in advance

more
    • Travel Nuremberg to Budapest

Nürnberg Sep 8, 2016 at 5:03 PM

13th October I am hoping to have one day to take in some sights of Nuremberg and then the following morning 14th October I want to get a train to Budapest and then get myself to Budapest Port Pier Mahart Drava 2. by late afternoon.
      Is this doable? Which hotels would I look at in Nuremberg to overnight and be handy for train departure early next morning. Which train would I get and do I have to change trains anywhere? How do I then get from train station in Budapest to the Port? If this is not doable I would need to skip Nuremberg and go straight to Budapest and overnight Budapest. Any help would be much appreciated. aussie first time traveller to europe.

more
    • Travel Nuremberg to Budapest

Nürnberg Sep 8, 2016 at 2:11 AM

Hi We are Australians and on the 13th Oct at 9am we arrive by river boat at Nuremberg. We have another cruise departing Budapest the next day the 14th Oct and check in starts at 3pm. How best and when to travel suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Ian

more
    • Landshut self-guided walking tour

Landshut Sep 5, 2016 at 4:13 AM

Can someone suggest a self-guided walking tour of Landshut, Bavaria, Germany that covers main tourist attractions? How much time does it take to cover these attractions on foot, not counting the guided tours inside tourist attractions?

more

Stasi Museum guided tours

Berlin Aug 28, 2016 at 1:10 AM

I'll be in Berlin next Spring and am planning a visit to the Stasi Museum. I'm not one for guided tours - prefer to go round quietly on my own, but will a guide take me to area's that would be restricted to unguided visitors?

more

Stasi Museum and cameras

Berlin Yesterday

Just a follow up to my Stasi question a few weeks ago. I assume that one is allowed to take a camera in, as I've seen so many (obviously not iPhone) photo's from there. Will I be allowed a camera bag? Or will I have to leave that at the entrance?

Thanks.

more
    • travel and itinerary for journey Vishopen(Port) to Vienna to Steffisvurg

Germany Sep 8, 2016 at 2:39 AM

We are Australians and first time travellers to Europe. We get off a cruise boat in Vilshofen (Port) on the 21st October and have 7days to get to Steffisvurg and the town of Traubenweng. We were looking to spend 4 to 5 days in Vienna. Any suggestions on travel and itinerary to do this journey would be appreciated. Ian

more
    • Nature of Berlin people?

Berlin Aug 30, 2016 at 5:54 AM

is Berlin friendly ?

more