change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Adrianobr's Profile Photo

Blue Grotto

Capri Oct 2, 2016 at 12:24 PM

Is it possible to visit Blue Grotto in January?

• latanacio's Profile Photo

Bus to Salerno

Positano Oct 4, 2016 at 10:23 AM

Have booked a 9:52am train from Salerno and am staying in Positano. Should we be able to make it using the buses or would it be wiser to spend the night before in Salerno?

• Amalfi base in early April

Sorrento Oct 18, 2016 at 4:57 PM

My fiance and I are planning out the details of our honeymoon, and will have 4 nights (2 full days, 2 partial days) to spend in the Amalfi region in the beginning of April. We will head there from Rome, and need to go back to Rome at the end of our last day for our flight home.

I've done a lot of research and I can't decide on the best city in the region to base ourselves; I'd appreciate some help in making that decisions. I am aware that it is low season and some hotels will be closed and the buses/ferries will be more limited.

Things that we want to do/see (hopefully with fairly easy transport from our base) -
      - Pompeii
      - coastal views, hiking, +/- horseback riding if we can find somewhere reasonably priced and the weather cooperates
      - possibly Paestum (both ruins and mozzarella) - if we have time, not super high on the priority list
      - not sure about Capri, leaning against it

Things we are less interested in -
      - shopping, souvenir shops
      - beach time (not the time of a year, not a priority)
      - high-end tourism/restaurants/bars
      - Naples

Any pointers on where we should use as a homebase and how to spend our days with these things in mind? Sorrento is what I've heard is the easiest base, but I've also been reading about some of the smaller towns being potential options (Vietri Sul Mare near Salerno, others) - what is the best choice given time of year and ease of transport?

• peter1965's Profile Photo

Park & Ride Naples?

Naples Sep 29, 2016 at 11:10 AM

We are planning to stay outside of Naples, and then drive part way in when we need to. Is there a good place to park where we can then easily catch a bus or metro further into the centre?

• Luggage storage

by lauriev429 Online Now Aug 1, 2014 at 12:09 PM

Is there a place to safely store our luggage?

1 Answer Aug 1, 2014 at 12:27 PM
    • 0308PODA's Profile Photo

To Herculaneum from Naples Port?

by 0308PODA Online Now May 2, 2013 at 6:17 PM

We are arriving on a cruise to Naples and wasnt to go to Herculaneum. Is it eady to get to?? The tour from the boat starts at 1.30 -5.00 and the ship leaves at 6, but do not want to waste a day waiting for a tour. Woudl be good to do an early tour and then walk around Naples then back to the ship. Ideas????

5 Answers Jul 31, 2013 at 2:03 AM
    • Exhorbitant Prices

by Herc Online Now Feb 25, 2010 at 7:47 AM

Have been inquiring into tours that would include both POMPEII and HERCULANEUM. Our cruise ship is charging260 Canadian for just one location. Another company, ItalyCarService wants to charge430 for both locations.
      I am reading here that you are being charged at the entrance, not arriving there in a Mercedes Limousine or whatever.
      Is there a sensible way to get transportation to both sites, between 9 in the morning and 5 in the evening?

5 Answers Feb 25, 2010 at 10:48 AM
    • hydrorama's Profile Photo

Is there a post office in Ercolano?

by hydrorama Online Now Aug 14, 2008 at 4:26 PM

Just wondering if there is anywhere to mail a post card on the way back to the station from the excavations?

3 Answers Aug 16, 2008 at 8:49 AM
    • How 2 get from Naples docks 2 Herulaneum

by andysmithson Online Now Aug 11, 2007 at 6:32 AM

As above

3 Answers Aug 11, 2007 at 12:53 PM
    • Luggage Storage

by deckman1945 Online Now Jul 10, 2006 at 1:24 PM

I will be traveling by train from Rome to Herculaneum. Is there anywhere at the Herculaneum train station where luggage can be stored for a short time while we tour?

1 Answer Jul 10, 2006 at 2:10 PM
    • Herculaneum OR Pompeii

by ChrisCol Online Now Jul 7, 2006 at 1:43 PM

Does anyone know if you can visit both and if not, what's better: Herculaneum or Pompeii.
      Is the first better than the latter?

4 Answers Jul 8, 2006 at 3:31 PM
    • Local Guides

by Davefish Online Now Apr 3, 2006 at 9:34 PM

We are taking the train from Sorento to Herculaneum on Wednesday, May 31, 2006.
      We are a party of four and would like to get a guuide to show us through the ruins. Any suggestions on how to make arrangements before we get to Italy to get an English speaking guide? We found an article from the St. Petersburgh Times (2001) who were pleased with the guide Eetore.

3 Answers Apr 4, 2006 at 11:56 PM
    • Driving to Herculaneum from Sorrento

by running Online Now Jun 9, 2004 at 2:24 PM

Leaving for Italy next week. We will be staying just outside of Sorrento and are planning on perhaps going to Herculaneum in addition to Pompeii. What is the best way to get to Herculaneum from Sorrento? We will have a rental car. Thanks!

3 Answers Jun 11, 2004 at 12:37 PM

by GASCOYNE Online Now Feb 18, 2003 at 6:51 AM

6 Answers May 29, 2015 at 3:17 AM