change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• kathymof's Profile Photo

First time in Oslo - what area to stay in

Oslo Nov 11, 2016 at 1:10 PM

Hi. I am planning a one week trip to Oslo and would like your help in choosing an area to stay in. I plan to rent an apartment. I would like for it to be near good transportation and/or to be within walking distance of major tourist destinations/attractions such as museums, historical sites, interesting neighborhoods, architecture, that kind of thing. It appears there is lots to see and do so I am assuming I can keep busy for a week - is this correct?

more
    • fasterdog's Profile Photo

Tour from Alesund to Runde Island

Ålesund Nov 6, 2016 at 4:33 AM

Does anyone know of a coach or bus tour from Alesund to Runde Island during May? I mean by coach or bus, not by boat. I am keen to see the bird life on the island and prefer an organised tour rather than hiring a car.

Also, is May a good time to go to Runde Island, considering the season for breeding, hatching, etc? I have read that some trails are closed at certain times of the year. I am flexible with my dates for travel.

more
    • fasterdog's Profile Photo

Day Trip to Jostedalsbreen Glacier

Sogn og Fjordane Yesterday

I am keen to go to Jostedalsbreen Glacier, or another glacier if there is a better option in the same region of Norway.

On Jostedalsbreen Glacier it seems there are a few choices of places to go to, such as Briksdalsbreen and Nigardsbreen, and there are also different options such as just look or do a guided walk.

I found a bus which goes from Stryn, Loen and Olden to the Briksdalsbreen Glacier, so I can do a day trip this way.

visitnorway.com/listings/gla...

This means I can get to the bottom of a glacier, and I have 2 1/2 hours to walk around, and it is a very reasonable price.

But what are my other options?

Are there any other accessible glaciers in the region which I should consider?
      How much would a guided walk cost, where would I have to go to do the walk, and who offers these walks?

I won't have a car, so I am limited by where buses or tours go to.

Any guidance on this would be very much appreciated.

more
    • should i rent a car in tromso?

Tromsø Yesterday

i am going to travel in december with my girl friend, which mean only two of us. So, should i rent a car or taking buses? if i rented a car, i can stay more far away from city centre of tromso, but would it be expensive for two person to rent a car?

more
    • A trip from Trondheim

Norway Nov 4, 2016 at 11:55 PM

I'm visiting my friend who lives in Trondheim next week! she has a car, and she suggested a few ideas -

1. Atlanterhavsroad including Ålesund

2. Helgelandscoast including Namsskogan Arctic wild zoo + Torghatten

3. Lillehammer/Oslo including Hunderfossen familypark and Olympic centre

4. Boattrip to Kristiansund

5. Røros

Personally I love the nature and beautiful views, I've been to Oslo before so I think suggestions number 1, 2 and 4 are the best... she suggests we spend one night in Alesund so we can have time there. She also has a cabin in Helgeland coast but she says we probably have to choose which place to stay... we have only 6.5 days... she also has a cabin at Nerskogen and she thinks we can stay there for a night and maybe could catch the northern light....

This is her itinerary -

Thursday 10.11 - We'll come around 16:00 so we'll spend the day in Trondheim

11.11 - 9.00 Breakfast at Møllenberg bakery

11.00 Check the city; Olav statue, Stiftsgården + Munkholmen

12.00 Nidarosdomen

13.00 Coffee/lunch at Bakklandet – The street with old houses

14.00 Festningen

15.00 Ladestien walk + Sponhouse

17.00 Dinner

20.00 City evening

12.11 - 08.30 Breakfast

10.00 Theisendammen

11.00 Shopping and hopefully farmers market

12.00 What do you wish to do this day? --- I suggest that we take this day for a day trip

13.11 - 9.00 Breakfast

10.30 Orkanger – check Bårdshaug Herregård

13.00 Mountain trip – Chasing Aurora Borealis

14.11 - 9.00 Breakfast

10.00 Dombås/ Hjerkinn (Close to Snøhetta) + checking for musk and small exploration of Norwegian nature

15.11 and 16.11 - road trip to one of the places I wrote before, on the 16.11 we have to come in the evening to Trondheim again beause our flight is at 17.11 in the morning....

What do you think, where is a must place to go? thanks for helping!!

more
    • Easter in Norway

by murraymint Online Now Apr 12, 2006 at 8:13 AM

Hi! We are coming to ski at Hemsedal, arriving on Easter Sunday the 16th April. I understand that Monday the 16th is also a holiday in Norway and need to know if the shops will be closed on these two days(for essential groceries, milk, bread, etc)? Would be grateful for a reply as soon as possible as we are leaving by car from England early on Friday morning. I'm hoping to learn a little Norwegian on the journey (!) and in the meantime, can only say "Tak".
      Val from London, England.

8 Answers Apr 17, 2006 at 12:14 PM
    • Supermarket

by Margag Online Now May 13, 2005 at 2:33 AM

Where can I find a supermarket in Hemsedal?

2 Answers May 18, 2005 at 2:46 PM
    • ucanski's Profile Photo

snow in hemsedal

by ucanski Online Now Jan 29, 2005 at 3:57 PM

what are the real snow conditions like in Hemsedal Feb 05 I am coming over to Norway soon and would love to get a real idea of what its like. this is my second time skiing and hope to make lots more visits to Hemsedal, any sugestions of eating places, great areas to ski? My e-mail is ucanski Thanks Gary

2 Answers Jan 30, 2005 at 2:06 PM