change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Pub night in Leipzig

Leipzig May 23, 2016 at 11:53 PM

Hello,

In the end of July we are in Poland and Germany with an orchestra consisting of 65 people.
      On the last Saturday we would like to have a little party. We stay in a family hostel so in the hostel it's not possible.
      I was wondering if anyone of you maybe knows a nice pub (owner) where we can make a nice deal. The pub for example charges us an amount of money per person and we can have a party there. Our place is near Goerdelerring.

Tips are more than welcome!
      Thanks!

Best regards,
      Nienke

more
    • Cheap Everyday travel Bonn- Kolnmesse

Bonn May 12, 2016 at 11:11 AM

I will be traveling from and to Kolnmesse from Bonn for a week. What is the cheapest way to do this? Is there some kind of pass? I tried the VRS site but i didn't understand my options very well. Maybe someone can help me.-

more
    • Looking for historical society or archives to learn about ancestors

Hammelburg May 7, 2016 at 5:34 PM

Hello, I will be visiting Hammelburg and Reiterswiesen soon to see where my ancestors lived 1600-1900. I would like to learn more about the history of the area and look for any information on my ancestors. We already have parish records, so we're looking for any other information that might tell us more about their lives here. We are looking for a historical society or archives. In addition we would like a tour guide who specializes in the history of the people in the area. Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

more
    • Looking for historical society or archives to learn about ancestors

Bad Kissingen May 7, 2016 at 5:30 PM

Hello, I will be visiting Bad Kissingen and Hammelburg soon to see where my ancestors lived 1600-1900. I would like to learn more about the history of the area and look for any information on my ancestors. We already have parish records, so we're looking for any other information that might tell us more about their lives here. We are looking for a historical society or archives. In addition we would like a tour guide who specializes in the history of the people in the area. Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

more
    • Accomodation

Germany May 25, 2016 at 2:02 AM

How crowded and noisy is Berlin at nights? I have choosen to book a place at http://hiberlincenter.com/de/ which is quite in the middle of city and therefore a bit uncertain.

more
    • Travelling with kids : which region?

Germany May 6, 2016 at 10:16 AM

We plan to have a family vacation (including a 5 years old and 1.5 years old boys) for about a week. We would like to establish a base, and then take short drives to destinations about it, as my younger son hates driving. We start from Heidelberg, and can take one long drive for about 3 or so hours (hopefully with some interesting stops) for our base. We need to fly back from either Frankfurt or Munich.

Which of the following region would you recommend, and in those regions, which town should we pick as a star?

Also, if you can pinpoint us to some highlights for children at age 5 and 1.5, that would be great.

Flying back from Frankfurt:

A) Moselle valley and the rhein river valley (including Bonn, Kobelnatz, Mainz and around)

B) Belgian Ardenes / Eifel Region (too far?)

C) Northern Alsace / Lorraine (we have already been in Strasbourg and the wine road)

D) Saarland

Flying back from Munich

E) Bavaria (North or South? )

more
    • Marburg Hotel

Marburg an der Lahn May 6, 2016 at 6:12 AM

What is the name of the hotel directly across the street from an elevator to the old city?

more
    • Hotel suggestion

Germany May 25, 2016 at 2:14 AM

Has anyone true recommendation about http://hotelindigoberlin.com/de/ Is this good choice to stay for a 3 days?

more
    • Trendy restaurant in Berlin

Berlin May 13, 2016 at 8:27 PM

Visiting Berlin on May 26th for 10 days. Have traveled to Berlin several times and wish to find a place with good food, lively atmosphere.
      A place where you will see a good crowd even at midnight.
      Thank you.

more
    • train line

Munich May 6, 2016 at 1:43 PM

How long in train from munich to bergesgaden

more
    • glabah's Profile Photo

Berlin and Potsdam, Late September

Berlin May 21, 2016 at 10:28 PM

It looks like I will wind up going to a trade show in Berlin in late September. i've been doing a bit of research, and am wondering:

1. How much German do I need to learn before I try to get around. I am particularly concerned with getting food in restaurants, as many other tourist and traveler aimed facilities seem to do reasonably well at having multiple languages available.

2. I know of the Grunewald and the 66 Lakes (yes, I know its 72) Trail, but I am wondering about other walking that would be good?

Like any big city, the Berlin Travel Guide has a lot of stuff to sort through. What I wind up doing is going to depend on how much spare time I wind up with, but any help sorting through all that would be a help. Other than the large forest parks and similar nearby, good day trips to interesting smaller communities nearby would be good to know about. Also, I know of the Transport Museum, but are there any good tourist railraods that would be operating that time of year that would be a reasonable day trip away?

Oh, and if there are any VT members that would like to have a meetup, maybe we can plan something.

more
    • 8 hours layover at Munich airport

Munich May 6, 2016 at 4:32 PM

We have a 8 hour layover in Munich in a couple days. Please advise what we should see and do in Munich. We will be arriving around 1:00pm.
      Thanks in advance!

more
    • Munich to Berlin night train or flight

Munich May 16, 2016 at 5:51 PM

I need some advice whether to fly from Munich to Berlin on 14/7 and book accommodation on 14/15 in Berlin or take night train late on 14th and arrive early in Berlin on 15th so saving on one nights accommodation. Cost comparison and experience on night trains would be very helpful. I am a female travelling solo around Europe..thanks

more
    • Going to Kolnmesse everyday for a week.

Cologne May 12, 2016 at 11:13 AM

Hello! Im will be going to the kolnmesse everyday for a week from Koln-Hasaring(and back). How much this ticket will be? is there some kind of pass?
      Thanks!

more
    • Zugspitze Peak or Eagle's Nest?

Munich May 9, 2016 at 7:37 AM

Been doing some research on the above and cannot decide which attraction we should see. Also, a tour or go on our own. Thanks again for your help..........

more
    • Rudesheim Travel

Germany May 8, 2016 at 7:46 AM

We are travelling by train to Rudesheim to catch the KD Rhine Cruise from Rudesheim. Can anyone suggest how far are the train station and the port we have to board from?

more
    • Bus travel

Munich Apr 29, 2016 at 6:59 AM

I tried researching bus travel to Linderhof Palace from Munich Central Station. It says there are no schedules. If anyone can help, I would appreciate it. I found train directions to Neuschwanstein Castle very easily. Should we take tours to these sights or go on our own? Thank you..............

more
    • phardikar's Profile Photo

Tours (Segway, Walking whatever) vs on your own

Berlin May 17, 2016 at 9:39 PM

I will be in Berlin for 1.5 days precisely. AM trying to figure out if one should take these guided tours (free / paid) which do not give much time to enter a museum / go around Brandenburg / Reichstag Dome etc OR be on one's own and go to places and spend time probably reading up from the guidebooks.

Also, not sure which option works out better. Buy BerlinWelcome Card (which will give full transport access but no HopOnHopOff tours) and go to each interesting place on our own by public transport (even Route 100 / 200 or trains/trams). Or, buy HopOnHopOff and take a complete tour once and then on the next day stop at places we like.

Any thoughts from people who have been to Berlin for a short stay like this OR locals who are not tied to these tour companies?

Thanks for your help

more
    • ashisharyan's Profile Photo

Frankfurt Airport to Dusseldorf HBF?

Frankfurt am Main May 16, 2016 at 1:08 PM

Hello Everyone

I will be landing at Frankfurt airport at about 7 PM and from there i am planning to go to Dusseldorf HBF.
      As i looked for the train tickets i find there are trains which are leaving at about 8.30 from the Frankurt Airport.

I am little confused as to how far is the train station from the airport and can i carry heavy luggage with me in the train.

As i will be there for 15 days i will be having quite a luggage.

Also please help me as to where from can i book the train tickets at the best price.

more
    • Sending a text message in Berlin

Berlin May 12, 2016 at 1:57 AM

When I arrive in Berlin later this month I am to contact the accommodation provider by SMS. The number I have been given is 0049-(0)176 3230XXXX. Do I include all these numbers or are there some which require to be omitted?

more
    • Christmas Market open during May 2016

Stuttgart May 9, 2016 at 7:52 AM

can i visit during this month ?

more
    • German Rail Pass?

Munich May 5, 2016 at 5:11 AM

I am thinking of purchasing the rail pass for 1st class 4 days in a month. I would use this pass for getting from Munich to Neuschwanstein Castle, Linderhof Palace, also one way from Munich to Dusseldorf and one way from Dusseldorf to Hamburg airport. Does the pass include all types of trains and busses? The price of the German Rail Pass is $510.00 for two of us. Thank you..............

more
    • Neuschwanstein Castle

Munich May 21, 2016 at 6:21 AM

I have a tour reservation for Neuschwanstein Castle at 13:55. Is it possible to visit Linderhof Palace from Neuschwanstein Castle the same day and take the train back to Munich? If so, I would like to have train directions from the Castle to Linderhof and then back to Munich. Thank you so much..............

more