Hel

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• From Dolina Charlotty to Slupsk at night

Gdansk Jul 3, 2016 at 11:28 AM

After Santana's concert in Dolina Charlotty July 8, the taxis are probably pretty occupied. So, is there any other way to get to Slupsk at night; bus, train ....

more
    • rexvaughan's Profile Photo

Any one want to meet for a meal or drink?

Warsaw Jul 21, 2016 at 6:13 PM

We will be in Warsaw from Saturday afternoon, August 20 and leaving Tuesday morning, August 23. If anyone is interested and available, we would love to meet for a drink or a meal. Just let me know and we can arrange time and place.

more
    • rexvaughan's Profile Photo

Any one want to meet for a meal or drink?

Krakow Jul 21, 2016 at 6:10 PM

We will be in Krakow from Tuesday afternoon, August 16 and leaving Saturday morning, August 20. If anyone is interested and available, we would love to meet for a drink or a meal. Just let me know and we can arrange time and place.

more
    • Which one is better, Hotel Artus or Dom Aktora

Gdansk Jun 30, 2016 at 4:30 AM

I'm puzzling over two hotels in Gdansk, Hotel Artus and Dom Aktora. Any ideas which one is better?

more
    • lucy321's Profile Photo

Kraków airport bus location

Poland Jul 24, 2016 at 8:39 AM

Hello there,

I'm arriving at Kraków airport KRK on Monday afternoon and I'm booked on Majer bus to Zakopane an hour or so after arriving. How do I get from the baggage collection to the bus?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Lucy

more
    • lucy321's Profile Photo

bus and train travel

Poland Jul 2, 2016 at 10:33 PM

Hello,

I am flying in to Krakow from Paris, flight arrives at 14.35 25th July. Unfortunately, it's the start of World Youth Week which I didn't realise when I booked my trip to Poland and I think that will cause a lot of extra people! I want to get straight on a bus and go to Zakopane. I would like to book it ahead of time. What would be a realistic bus departure time for me to book? As in, how long would it take me to get from the airport to the bus station? I was thinking of using Majer Bus.

I will also be making the return bus journey from Zakopane to Krakow a few days later, and hope to get straight on a train to Warsaw (I'll be returning for some time in Krakow the following week.) How long should I allow between leaving Zakopane and arriving at the train station for a train to Warsaw? I also want to book the train in advance.

Thanks for any help you can offer me. I'm leaving tomorrow for a holiday in Scotland (from Australia), and I want to try to get this sorted before I leave in about 24 hours! As usual, I am leaving things til the last minute and causing myself stress!

Lucy

more
    • briantravelman's Profile Photo

Transportation

by briantravelman Online Now May 3, 2013 at 5:23 PM

Hi. I read your guys' transportation posts. I will be in Gdansk this summer, and wanted to take a day trip to Hel. I was originally thinking to take the train there, and take the ferry back, but now I'm thinking bus will be a better option, so I can stop places along the way, but I also don't know how often they run, and I don't wanna get stuck somewhere. Like I said, we're only going for a day trip, and I don't want to end up getting stuck somewhere, and not actually making it to Hel. I read it takes 2-3 hours to get out there by bus, and the same by ferry. That's a big chunk of the day. I'm not exactly sure where we'd be stopping, maybe Puck, Jastarnia, and maybe another town. I was thinking about leaving early like 6 or 7. Would that be enough to get there and back? I heard the last bus leaves at 4 PM. IDK how long we would be there for. What about the last train or ferry? I was thinking about finding a hotel for the night, but if it's not necessary, I'd rather avoid it. I also read that traffic is really bad, so should we take the bus one way, and return by ferry? I wanna at least go one way by bus or train, because I heard it's more scenic. Another option could also be take a train straight to Hel, and than stop in the other villages on the way back. What would you suggest? IDK why the last bus leaves so early. Would we have enough time to see everything in a day, and make it back to Gdansk before dark?

2 Answers May 4, 2013 at 9:22 AM