Heathrow

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• TERMINAL TRANSFER

by kapoor_chd Online Now Nov 24, 2016 at 2:05 AM

I am travelling from Delhi to Terminal2 I have to get my complete luggage and then go to Terminal 3 for check IS this possible or I have to get visa

more
    • Tax free shopping

by terencenero Online Now Nov 5, 2016 at 5:53 PM

I have purchased some stuff from the UK and have tax free shopping forms that I have filled.
      But in order to get the tax I need to show the goods to the customs officer. As I would have checked in my luggage. How is it possible?
      Can I go through customs before checking in the luggage.

I will be departing from terminal 4

more
    • Do i need a Visa?

by Zeynep1986 Online Now Nov 25, 2016 at 1:03 AM

Me and my Friends are going to Los Angeles via London and Washington. I am a turkish citizen living in Germany and have a valid US visa. Our flight is from Dusseldorf to London and we have a layover for about 1.20h in Heathrow. The airline company told us we have to collect our luggage and have to check in again in Heatrow. My question is what if I have to cross the border even with a vilid US visa do I still need a tranist visa for UK? We will arrive and depart from terminal 2.
      BTW we fly in with Eurowings and continue with United Airlines till to our destination. Maybe someone has experienced before.
      Thank you for ur answer in advance
      Zeynep

more
    • Do i need a Visa?

by Zeynep1986 Online Now Nov 25, 2016 at 1:03 AM

Me and my Friends are going to Los Angeles via London and Washington. I am a turkish citizen living in Germany and have a valid US visa. Our flight is from Dusseldorf to London and we have a layover for about 1.20h in Heathrow. The airline company told us we have to collect our luggage and have to check in again in Heatrow. My question is what if I have to cross the border even with a vilid US visa do I still need a tranist visa for UK? We will arrive and depart from terminal 2.
      BTW we fly in with Eurowings and continue with United Airlines till to our destination. Maybe someone has experienced before.
      Thank you for ur answer in advance
      Zeynep

18 Answers Nov 27, 2016 at 6:38 AM
    • TERMINAL TRANSFER

by kapoor_chd Online Now Nov 24, 2016 at 2:05 AM

I am travelling from Delhi to Terminal2 I have to get my complete luggage and then go to Terminal 3 for check IS this possible or I have to get visa

2 Answers Nov 24, 2016 at 10:46 AM
    • Tax free shopping

by terencenero Online Now Nov 5, 2016 at 5:53 PM

I have purchased some stuff from the UK and have tax free shopping forms that I have filled.
      But in order to get the tax I need to show the goods to the customs officer. As I would have checked in my luggage. How is it possible?
      Can I go through customs before checking in the luggage.

I will be departing from terminal 4

6 Answers Nov 9, 2016 at 10:30 PM
    • LibbyChua's Profile Photo

TRANFER FROM TERMINAL 3 TO TERMINAL 5 NEED TO CLEAR CUSTOM & PASSPORT CONTROL

by LibbyChua Online Now Nov 1, 2016 at 8:33 PM

Me & my friend intend to visit Iceland vide London. We have bought the Tickets to London & Iceland separately. However, we will arrive in London Heathrow airport in the Morning 7.10 am at Terminal 3, but our flight to Iceland is also on the same day at 11.20am & departure to Iceland is at Terminal 5.

We suppose we have to claim our Baggage when we arrive in London then go to Terminal 5, our question is whether

we need to clear custom & passport control then only can proceed to Terminal 5 to re-check in again?

18 Answers Nov 7, 2016 at 11:05 AM
    • Arriving at terminal 5, meeting friend who arrives earlier at terminal 3 - where can we meet?

by Sarab01 Online Now Oct 29, 2016 at 7:08 AM

I am arriving in London Heathrow, Terminal 5 at 10:10 a.m. next Thursday. I am meeting a friend who arrives at Terminal 3 at 6:30 a.m. She has recently had surgery and may need help with her bags.

After collecting bags, is there anywhere she can wait comfortably for my arrival?

We will be taking Heathrow Express to Paddington together.

I don't know whether she should meet me at 5 or I should meet her at 3.

9 Answers Oct 29, 2016 at 1:09 PM
    • Travelling with expired h1b and valid i797

by Surya.mehetre Online Now Oct 24, 2016 at 9:36 PM

I am planned to travel in 2 days with spouse and kid from Los Angeles to Delhi via heathrow.
      My h1b visa expired in feb16.
      I have got valid i797 approved till 2018.
      Do i need transit visa?
      Can i get it at check in at Los Angeles at the time of travel?
      What all i can do if British airways denies me entry?
      M an Indian citizen.

3 Answers Oct 25, 2016 at 11:11 AM
    • Heathrow Central Station to Hoppa - disabled passenger

by HJG17 Online Now Oct 24, 2016 at 5:50 PM

My relative, who has limited mobility, will be travelling by coach to the Heathrow Bus Station, taking the Hotel Hoppa bus from stops 9 or 10, staying in a hotel for the night, then flying from T2 the next day. Whilst my relative is able to walk, she cannot do so for long distances or with luggage.

I am concerned that she will have difficulty getting from her coach to the Hoppa bus stop, and then from the Hoppa bus stop to T2 Departures. I emailed the Heathrow special assistance team and received an unhelpful automated response. National Express have not yet responded. There is a Help Point with a telephone inside the Central Bus Station, but I'm not sure of the kind of assistance that can be provided.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

5 Answers Oct 25, 2016 at 10:56 PM
    • Confused about bus vs heathrow connect option

by Selbydale Online Now Oct 24, 2016 at 10:02 AM

I have an international flight arriving at terminal 3. I will have only carry on baggage. I will need to transfer to terminal 4 to catch a flight to Malta from another carrier (no affiliations with first flight). I will have my boarding pass to go to Malta.

I am confused as to options. I have read to follow purple signs marked "flight connections" and catch a bus that will take me to terminal 4. I have also read to make my way to Heathrow Connect and take this to Terminal 4.

Questions: where do you catch the connecting bus and it that something different from the central bus station shown on the terminal 3 map?

Do I follow a different sign (not the purple flight connection sign) to take the Heathrow Connect?

For a time crunch, what is the better option?

I know that I will need to go through security at the new terminal but will I need to go through passport control?

Thank you.

4 Answers Oct 24, 2016 at 11:56 PM
    • Heathrow transit

by david911 Online Now Oct 23, 2016 at 1:15 PM

My wife is due to transit heathrow airport when she flies from Moscow to Shannon. Is there a border control between terminal 5 and terminal 2. I understand from the UK government website that a transit visa is not required if passengers do not pass through border control. However, British Airways insist that a transit visa is required. She will have bags checked to final destination in Moscow, so she expects to make a direct airside transit. Can you enlighten me please?
      Kind regards, David.

4 Answers Oct 24, 2016 at 12:49 AM
    • Transit visa?

by Joystha Online Now Sep 24, 2016 at 3:21 PM

Hi, I'm traveling from Finaldn to India and having a Transit in Heathrow. I have been trying to understand do i need a transit visa or not, but seems difficult to actually understand that. I have a transit where is need to change terminal, from terminal 3 to terminal 4. I have bought the ticket under the same number, so should be a need to leave the airport, besides the transit. I'm nepalese. So any experience or help, what kind of visa do i need?

5 Answers Sep 25, 2016 at 2:40 AM
    • how long to get from terminal 5 to heathrow express train station

by littleamg Online Now Sep 19, 2016 at 2:34 AM

I am travelling with my disabled daughter and 85 year old mum from the US to heathrow. Our flight arrives 10am, we will have to have assistance getting off the plane, so I'm guessing we'll be last off, but then we should have the buggy to take us to baggage reclaim and passport control. My question is how long will it take us to clear all the above and get to the station to catch the heathrow express to paddington? Thanks

5 Answers Sep 19, 2016 at 4:08 AM
    • Transfer from terminal 2 to 5

by Youngmargot Online Now Sep 18, 2016 at 2:13 PM

I bought an air Canada ticket from Ottawa to Glasgow. British Airways does the leg from Heathrow to Glasgow. I change from terminal 2 to terminal 5. My question is whether my bags are checked through or do I need to collect them and have them inspected at customs in terminal 2?

2 Answers Sep 18, 2016 at 7:31 PM
    • Immigration time with Biometric passport

by rakky123 Online Now Sep 15, 2016 at 4:29 AM

Can anybody advise on the average time from flight landing to claim baggage and get through immigration at Terminal 3 (with a biometric Irish passport)? Flight lands on a Saturday at 14:30 coming from Dubai on Emirate. Need to catch a bus at 16:00 from Terminal 3 to Luton Airport. THANK YOU!

5 Answers Sep 16, 2016 at 1:58 AM
    • Transit Visa for Filipino and Thai

by c87547 Online Now Sep 5, 2016 at 2:00 AM

A Filipino and Thai on transit at Heathrow arriving via Malaysian Airlines MH002 at 555am (Terminal 4) and departing to Iceland via Icelandair FI451 at 1240pm (Terminal 2). Do we still need a visa/transit visa?

1 Answer Sep 5, 2016 at 2:15 AM
    • which is the best cafe to meet in terminal 2 heathrow sept 6?

by darkangelhunua Online Now Sep 4, 2016 at 12:44 AM

My husband is travelling from Edinburgh to meet me as I arrive from New Zealand on Sept 6. If one of us is delayed by an hour or so, where is best place to meet in terminal 2? Can anyone suggest a café?

3 Answers Sep 4, 2016 at 12:53 PM
    • Tranfers and Baggage

by tomduck Online Now Sep 1, 2016 at 2:42 AM

Hi All,
      Hoping you can help me, this is the first time I have flown ever and I am going to mexico alone to meet my girlfriend.
      I have booked flight from leeds to heathrow, heathrow to dallas, dallas to monterrey mexico.
      I am hoping you can help put my mind at ease on the following points.....

1. Transfer times...... when I arrive at heathrow I am flying in on british airways and have 1 hour 15 to transfer to a finn air flight.
      Is this enough time?
      will I need to collect my bags?
      When arriving in dallas I have 2hours 50 to make transfer, again is this enough will I need to get baggage?
      I also heard you have to go through all security again, is this correct.

Any help would be much appreciated as I am a little concerned having never been in an airport before!
      Big thanks

Tom

6 Answers Sep 1, 2016 at 4:34 AM
    • Long layover - how much time REALLY?

by rebyosef Online Now Aug 29, 2016 at 12:27 PM

Arriving LHR from US at 9:05a in T3. Departing T5 at 10:40p (almost 14 hours). I want to go into London, and leave my carry-on at the Excess baggage counter. That means returning to T3 to get my bags, then transferring to T5... How much time do I REALLY have to tour? Or put another way, when must I depart downtown London (via the Underground, not Heathrow Express) to safely make my flight?

9 Answers Oct 23, 2016 at 11:26 PM
    • Traveling from Miami to Delhi via Heathrow - Do I require transit visa to travel from T 3 to T 5 ?

by SumitJ Online Now Aug 29, 2016 at 11:43 AM

Hi All

I am an Indian citizen and I am travelling from Miami (USA) to Delhi (India) via Heathrow. I have a valid US B1 visa.
      The flights are -
      1. MIAMI to Heathrow (BA 206) - Terminal 3
      2. Heathrow to Delhi (BA143) - Terminal 5

I did checked the UK visa site and it says, if I have a valid US visa, I do not need a transit visa.
      I just wanted to check from anyone with same flights if this is the case.
      Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

1 Answer Aug 29, 2016 at 12:04 PM
    • terminal 2 to terminal 5

by lhigdon2 Online Now Aug 25, 2016 at 3:44 PM

I will be arriving on Aer Lingus in terminal 2 at 12:40 but have a separate flight that I need to board out of terminal 5 on BA at 3:15. Will this leave me enough time to get through baggage claim, security, customs and bag checking, etc?

9 Answers Sep 16, 2016 at 2:53 PM
    • eriksic's Profile Photo

Time between flights Heathrow Terminal 5

by eriksic Online Now Aug 23, 2016 at 3:03 PM

Hi,

I'm traveling from Sweden(Stockholm) to Canada (Toronto) with a layover time of 1 hour and 35 mins.
      Both flights are with BA and arrive/depart Terminal 5.

My question is if 1 hour and 35 mins will be enough time to change flights.

Thanks!

14 Answers Oct 23, 2016 at 11:56 PM
    • Arriving on AA flight in LHR from USA at Term 3, departing on BA flight for DUB at Term 5

by Texnav Online Now Aug 21, 2016 at 3:41 PM

Will I go through Customs (reclaim & recheck my baggage) in Term 3 at LHR or at DUB (my final destination)?

Is 2&1/2 hrs layover at LHR long enough to complete this entire process and get me to my Term 5 gate?

10 Answers Aug 23, 2016 at 5:20 AM
    • transportation between terminals

by ahwy54 Online Now Aug 21, 2016 at 10:45 AM

I have a 6 hour layover in Terminal 5 and want to go to Yotel at Terminal 4. Can I go there without a ticket showing connecting flight out of terminal 4? Can I go there without going through customs? If this is possible, where do I go in terminal 5 to find the transportation? Is there a fee?

2 Answers Aug 22, 2016 at 1:24 AM
    • Going from T3 to T2 at Heathrow

by texex72 Online Now Aug 11, 2016 at 2:19 PM

Flying into Heathrow on American arriving in Terminal 3. Flying out of Heathrow on Aer Lingus leaving from Terminal 2. Since I am traveling on a separate ticket with Aer Lingus. How is the best way to get from T3 to T2? And, how long will this change take since I am going to go through Passport Control and Customs twice?

10 Answers Aug 12, 2016 at 2:56 PM
    • What to do in Transit

by MargaretNgiow Online Now Aug 5, 2016 at 8:09 PM

Hi,
      I will be having a transit of almost 7 hrs(1100-1900hrs) on a Saturday at T5. Any recommendations on where I can go if I intend to do some sight seeing?

Also, I'm changing plane, but same airline. Would I need to collect my lugguage and later check in again?

Appreciate your advice.

10 Answers Aug 6, 2016 at 7:33 AM
    • Travelling to Iceland from Mumbai. Do I need a transit visa at Heathrow?

by PrernaS Online Now Aug 4, 2016 at 12:38 PM

I am travelling to Iceland from Mumbai and have to change flights at Heathrow. From terminal 4 to terminal 2.

Do I need a transit visa?

4 Answers Aug 5, 2016 at 1:37 AM
    • Transit visa

by Banimandi Online Now Aug 2, 2016 at 9:17 PM

I'm traveling from Iran to Canada and I have a 5 hour layover in Heathrow. I arrive at terminal 4 with Ethihad airlines and depart from terminal 2 with Air Canada. Apparently I'll need a transit visa if I pass through control border. How can I make sure if I will and I need a visa.

2 Answers Aug 3, 2016 at 4:12 AM
    • change in plans made after ticket purchase.

by gsampson Online Now Jul 31, 2016 at 3:45 PM

We arriving from MSP - LHR on 01/10/16 on DL 10 arriving in Terminal 4 at 12:15 pm and instead of staying in London on the front part of vacation we have decided to continue on to Munich instead. Contacted Delta. No interlining of luggage with anyone. I was told that to change my business class ticket to now include Munich would cost an additional $8,000 dollars per person. No way. I mentioned to her that there is a flight on BA leaving at 16:35 out of terminal 5 and she said that would be enough time so I booked a separate ticket on BA. Is this doable? Getting nervous.

13 Answers Aug 2, 2016 at 11:50 AM
    • T3 passport control waiting time at 7pm on a mid-Oct Sunday

by Hwoo Online Now Jul 30, 2016 at 12:58 AM

I am holding non-EU passport and have another connection to T4 in 2:50hrs after landing at T3. Since I am on two different ticket despite they are BA/MH, 'given the change in oneworld rules, I don't think BA will grant me any exception to check through my luggage. I want to see if that time of the day is the quiet or peak hours at T3. There will be an A380 from Dubai 15 mins before my flight and another Garuda flight landing at similar time as mine. The good thing is once I am at T4, I have Fast Track access, so this could save a bit of hassle and time.

My other option is to only take hand luggage, but this will be my last resort as I want buy some local wines in Spain.

11 Answers Jul 30, 2016 at 1:24 PM
    • Transit Time

by tntraveller Online Now Jul 27, 2016 at 6:04 AM

Thank you in advance for the help and advice.

We are flying into Heathrow from Charlotte, USA on American Air. We then are connecting on to an Iceland air flight to Iceland. Since Amerian Air, and Iceland Air, do not share ticketing or baggage, I have to purchase two separate tickets. I will have to go thru passport control upon arrival into Heathrow, claim my baggage, exit the airport, find the correct terminal in which Iceland Air is departing from, then recheck my baggage at the Iceland Air counter, go back thru security, and,,,,,sit down.

My question is, how long will it reasonable take to do the above?

Thanks again.

4 Answers Jul 27, 2016 at 7:32 AM
    • Transit without visa UK

by Sumita123 Online Now Jul 19, 2016 at 4:45 PM

I landed in Canada from india on 31st May,2016 via london.I had a stopover of 14 hours and I was given Transit without visa for 24 hours landside for overnight stay,since I was having entry visa to Canada.Now that I am moving back to India with same stopover of 14 hours at London.But this time its morning and my flight will depart at 20.45 in evening from London .My PR card had been applied but same is not reached as yet.My question is will I be able to get Transit without visa for staying in nearby hotel,as I am travelling with kids ?Secondly,my departing terminal is T4,where hotel heathrow is connected via covered walkway,Can we go to this hotel straightway or need to cross Immigration as well ?Pl.advise.
      My ticket is one single ticket from Canada to india with stopover at London.

8 Answers Jul 20, 2016 at 6:50 PM