change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• campingqueen's Profile Photo

Best Camping in Kauai

Kauai Sep 5, 2016 at 11:43 AM

Husband and I want to do 4 nights in Kauai, then head to Maui. It will be around Christmas, probably December 25 to December 30 in Kaui, then December 30-January 4 in Maui. We want to tent camp to save money, and spend what we save on a rental car, but I'm open for suggestions for cheap cabin accommodations. I've been researching the cabins at Koke'e State Park, Tent Camping at Camp Sloggett (they have a hot shower, which I found appealing, but there are some mixed reviews). Any suggestions for beach camping? Since we have a car should we stay on the beach instead as it will be warmer? We love hiking, which is why I was thinking Koke'e, but I also want to explore some cute towns and enjoy the beaches. Never been to Hawaii, but we are from Alaska so roughing it is not a problem for us, lol!

more
    • October 14-22

Oahu 17 hours ago

Hello :D

I am planning to rent a car and go around Oahu! If anyone is around and would like to join and divide the cost, let me know! I am also down for sharing accommodations as well. :]

more
    • October 14-22

Oahu 17 hours ago

I am planning to rent a car and go around Oahu! If anyone is around and would like to join and divide the cost, let me know! I am also down for sharing accommodations as well. :]

more
    • Helicopter fares

Kailua-Kona Sep 5, 2016 at 1:06 PM

A group of us are staying in Kona from October. 16- 26. We are looking to do helicopter tour and looking for best bang for buck. Any help much appreciated.

Cheers,Buzzyboy

more
    • Planning first trip to Hawaii (Late 50s) for older couple (no GOLF!)

Hawaii (State of) Sep 6, 2016 at 8:01 AM

We worked really hard to retire. Finally happened this week. Looking to go someplace we've never been before. She's never been to Hawaii. I've only been on business or Military. And that was decades ago. Looking to experience "off the beaten track" Hawaii. Places tourists usually never see. 7 days, $20k budget. Not looking for outrageous spa packages or "nosebleed" priced luxury hotels. Hoping to find nicely appointed beach cottage close to cool sights. Want "Hawaii Coolness" and great scenery/food. Suggestions for island, hotels, restaurants appreciated! Will even document trip to share on site with others! She's stood with me through thick and thin. This is her dream. Help me make it her reality!

more
    • October 14-22

Oahu 17 hours ago

1 Answer 15 hours ago
    • October 14-22

Oahu 17 hours ago

1 Answer 15 hours ago
    • Planning first trip to Hawaii (Late 50s) for older couple (no GOLF!)

Hawaii (State of) Sep 6, 2016 at 8:01 AM

We worked really hard to retire. Finally happened this week. Looking to go someplace we've never been before. She's never been to Hawaii. I've only been on business or Military. And that was decades ago. Looking to experience "off the beaten track" Hawaii. Places tourists usually never see. 7 days, $20k budget. Not looking for outrageous spa packages or "nosebleed" priced luxury hotels. Hoping to find nicely appointed beach cottage close to cool sights. Want "Hawaii Coolness" and great scenery/food. Suggestions for island, hotels, restaurants appreciated! Will even document trip to share on site with others! She's stood with me through thick and thin. This is her dream. Help me make it her reality!

7 Answers Sep 10, 2016 at 12:50 PM
    • Helicopter fares

Kailua-Kona Sep 5, 2016 at 1:06 PM

A group of us are staying in Kona from October. 16- 26. We are looking to do helicopter tour and looking for best bang for buck. Any help much appreciated.

Cheers,Buzzyboy

3 Answers Sep 6, 2016 at 1:19 PM
    • campingqueen's Profile Photo

Best Camping in Kauai

Kauai Sep 5, 2016 at 11:43 AM

Husband and I want to do 4 nights in Kauai, then head to Maui. It will be around Christmas, probably December 25 to December 30 in Kaui, then December 30-January 4 in Maui. We want to tent camp to save money, and spend what we save on a rental car, but I'm open for suggestions for cheap cabin accommodations. I've been researching the cabins at Koke'e State Park, Tent Camping at Camp Sloggett (they have a hot shower, which I found appealing, but there are some mixed reviews). Any suggestions for beach camping? Since we have a car should we stay on the beach instead as it will be warmer? We love hiking, which is why I was thinking Koke'e, but I also want to explore some cute towns and enjoy the beaches. Never been to Hawaii, but we are from Alaska so roughing it is not a problem for us, lol!

• europe20146's Profile Photo

is 5 days too long in Yellowknife in December?

Hawaii (State of) Aug 14, 2016 at 4:15 AM

Hi. My my mom and I will be going to Yellowknife in December hoping to see the northern lights. Initially, we are planning a 5 day trip to maximise our chance to see the lights but now I am having second thoughts if that 5 days is too long especially with -30 to -40 C weather. We will be renting the full winter outfit during our whole stay but I am worried that it won't still be enough to go out for a long period of time even with proper layering. What do you think? Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thank you.

1 Answer Aug 14, 2016 at 5:20 AM
    • Gyms/health clubs in Princeville

Kauai Aug 7, 2016 at 7:36 PM

Maybe I'm being a bit optimistic, but I plan on going to the gym during my Kauai vacation. Will be staying in a condo in Princeville. A google search turns up gyms in Kapaa, but none in Princeville. The nearby hotels require the purchase of a day pass to use their gyms, but it isn't worth the money ($50 - $250/day) considering all I want to do is use the gym. Does anyone know of any gyms in Princeville/Hanalei? Thank you!

• Travel Agency for Hawaii

Hawaii (Big Island) Aug 4, 2016 at 7:09 PM

Is Tropicaltravel.net reliable in terms of customer service?

2 Answers Aug 5, 2016 at 1:59 PM
    • New Years Eve - Maui

Maui Aug 1, 2016 at 3:44 PM

Hi All,
      Has anyone as a solo traveller spent NYE in Maui. Im going there solo for a trip over Christmas and New Year, part Hostel and part Air BnB. Any suggestions, please let me know. I also know that it's Maui and just watching the sunset will be special enough. Cheers Guys. Alison

3 Answers Aug 4, 2016 at 1:29 PM
    • Transport

Wailea Jul 9, 2016 at 10:15 PM

What type of transport is there around from Wailea to Maalaea

2 Answers Jul 10, 2016 at 12:33 PM
    • buzzz's Profile Photo

Cruising into Kauai and Maui, things to do?

Hawaii (State of) Jul 2, 2016 at 8:48 AM

Our cruise is stopping in these two locations and as yet we haven't booked any excursions. I'm looking for advice on things to do or see/ beaches to visit that are not too far from where the cruise ship docks. We will be there end of September.

4 Answers Jul 10, 2016 at 12:14 PM
    • Best Hikes in Oahu

Oahu Jun 6, 2016 at 10:40 AM

Last year we had a pleasure to hike Captan's Cook trail in the Big Island. It is a difficult long trail that takes you down to an incredible swimmable lagoon. Any recommendations for great hikes in Oahu?
      Thank you!!

• Deep Flat Water sandy beach

Oahu Jun 6, 2016 at 10:36 AM

Hello! We are strong swimmers looking for deep-flat-water beaches in Oahu. We are going to stay in Waikiki, but we're renting a car and will travel throughout the island. Waikiki is a little too shallow to our taste. Any recommendations? Thank you!!!

5 Answers Jul 30, 2016 at 8:52 AM
    • Walking Restaurant tour question

Maui Jun 4, 2016 at 10:34 PM

Hello,

Does anyone know of any restaurant walking tours that are $30? When looking around for Maui attractions one was noticed, but, for some reason, I can't find it now.

1 Answer Jun 4, 2016 at 10:52 PM
    • First time visiting - to cruise or stay put? Help!

Hawaii (State of) May 20, 2016 at 7:01 AM

Hubby and me are planning our first trip sometime in Nov or Dec and are trying to decide what's better in terms of getting a good feel for the islands. Option 1 is a 7 day cruise on Pride of America (first time cruisers also), option 2 is picking 1 island and exploring in depth.

A little background on us, we're in our 40's/early 50's and not big on a lot of physical activities such as hiking, surfing, biking, etc. We like doing sightseeing tours, cultural events, and hanging out at the beach/pool. A cruise sounded great until I realized how small the cabins are and considering hubby snores so bad that I don't think I'd get much sleep. The ship does have the single suites so that might be an option or we just pick one island.

Question is Which one??? Oahu seems like the best pick as it doesn't seem like the other islands have enough of the type of activities we like to keep us active/interested for a whole week. And I really don't want to spend too much of my vacation on planes island hopping. Is it feasable to fly to say, Kona, for the day, do some sightseeing and be back to Oahu that night without being totally exhausted the next day? Help!! Any suggestions/advice would be greatly appreciated.

7 Answers May 20, 2016 at 6:18 PM
    • Possible to do your own self-tour manta ray night snorkle?

Hawaii (Big Island) May 17, 2016 at 1:15 PM

are there any places to do a manta ray snorkel without involving a tour company?
      If so, what does one bring to such event? Underwater flashlight? Is a camera with flash ok?
      I'm an experienced day time snorkeler but have no clue what to bring to this party and expect so your advice and tiips would be appreciated.

1 Answer May 22, 2016 at 8:20 AM
    • Transport from Airport to town

Honolulu Apr 28, 2016 at 11:50 PM

Are there any trains or buses

4 Answers Apr 29, 2016 at 9:24 PM
    • Transport from Airport to town

Honolulu Apr 28, 2016 at 11:50 PM

Are there any trains or buses

3 Answers Apr 29, 2016 at 6:08 AM
    • Sunday, Little Beach

Maui Apr 23, 2016 at 8:54 PM

What time on Sunday do people start gathering for the festivities on Little Beach?

1 Answer Apr 25, 2016 at 12:04 PM
    • clear international flight customs and board the next flight to Big Island

Honolulu Apr 18, 2016 at 1:35 AM

I'm planning to take a domestic flight from Honolulu to Big Island after I reach Honolulu airport.
      My arrival at Honolulu is 10am. I'm planning to take the next flight to Big Island at 1pm.
      Would there be sufficient time to collect my luggage, check in my luggage and clear the customs?
      Thank you. :)

7 Answers Apr 21, 2016 at 7:35 AM
    • Texasgirlshimell's Profile Photo

How do you get to Oahu from Honolulu

Honolulu Feb 2, 2016 at 7:10 AM

How much does it cost to get to Oahu from Honolulu? I'm trying to figure out how much I have to save for this trip!

4 Answers Feb 2, 2016 at 10:47 AM
    • massot's Profile Photo

HAWAII ISLANDS, 8-9 DAYS.

Hawaii (State of) Jan 22, 2016 at 9:30 AM

My wife and me want to spend 8-9 days in Hawaii during the second half of february. We like to move around, but not to walk long time (we are around 70 y.o.) or to sunbath in a beach. We will arrive to HLN from Barcelona.
      Please, which are the more interesting islands or places to visit during this time?. Which is the best way to go around? Always the aeroplane or also some ferry? Do you advice some local address to organize this trip?
      Thanks a lot for your advice!!!
      Dr. Romà Massot, Barcelona

4 Answers Jan 23, 2016 at 11:02 AM
    • Best area in Kauai to visit!

Kauai Jan 22, 2016 at 7:07 AM

Two senior citizens traveling in June- which shore is best to visit? We have 6 days or should we visit both?
      Thank you!

3 Answers Jan 22, 2016 at 1:16 PM
    • massot's Profile Photo

Hawaii, one week

Hawaii, Island of Jan 21, 2016 at 2:26 AM

My wife and me want to spend a week in Hawaii during the second half of february. We like to move around, but not to walk long time (we are around 70 y.o.) or to sunbath in a beach.
      Please, which are the more interesting places to visit during a week?. Which is the best way to go around? Do you advice some local address to organize this trip?
      Thanks a lot for your advice!!!
      Dr. Romà Massot, Barcelona

13 Answers Feb 5, 2016 at 10:20 AM
    • Dilemma for 7-night stay in Maui after Waikiki

Maui Jan 4, 2016 at 5:09 AM

Hi,

I've done a fair bit of research on different areas and hotels for a 7-night stay in Maui (17-24 April). For now, the only decision I've been able to make is to spend the first 2 nights at the Travaasa Hana.

I did also provisionally book The Mauian for the following 5 nights to stay in an OK property at a cheaper price, but looking back at the photos on Tripadvisor, I'm actually not sure of how nice the rooms are.

So, back on the drawing board, I've narrowed my choice between Kaanapali and Wailea. I know they are very different, but both attractive for different reasons. Kaanapali offers cheaper accommodation and easy access to more things to do, but Wailea properties tend to be more luxurious and offer better opportunities to relax, away from the hustle and bustle.

Mind that the 7 days in Maui will be after 6 nights in Honolulu/Waikiki.

Looking at rooms at prices, I've set my eyes on the following properties:

1) Westin Maui Resort & Spa (simple looking rooms and nice bathrooms, good 5th night free and free breakfast rate, adult only pool)

2) The Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas (same reasons as above, nice reviews)

3) Hotel Wailea (secluded, good value for money, but far from the beach)

4) Andaz by Hyatt (fantastic design)

Considering that it's not school holidays time, will Maui be fairly busy with families with kids? I was going to book either of the Westin properties, but I am now a bit weary about the scale of the developments, how busy they may be and the scarcity of opportunities to unwind and relax.

I am looking forward to receiving some advice!

3 Answers Jan 5, 2016 at 11:05 AM
    • Real things to experience in kailua kona

Kailua-Kona Jan 2, 2016 at 12:33 PM

This will be our first trip to the Big Island. We do not enjoy typical tourist things, prefer to shop at farmer's and fish markets where the locals go. Prefer outdoor activities like botanical gardens and natural attractions, serious historical places of all kinds, and learning the real local cuisine and cooking. Suggestions?

3 Answers Jan 22, 2016 at 6:28 AM
    • crewrower's Profile Photo

Ideas for 1/2 day activities for 2 adults (in our 30s)

Kauai Dec 23, 2015 at 12:34 AM

We (parents of 2 young children) have one week in Kauai (Dec 29-Jan 5). I'm looking for some half day activities for my wife and I to enjoy while we leave the kids at the hotel with a babysitter. I'm thinking of the following - but would like suggestions for other things:

Dec 30: hike Kalalau Trail for the 2 miles to Hanakapi'ai Beach (only). Note my wife is adverse to heavy sun exposure. Is this hike a bad idea on that account?

Jan 1: 60 minute helicopter tour

Jan 3: Kipu Ranch ATV tour

The other days would be spent with the kids and/or be rain dates!

9 Answers Dec 29, 2015 at 11:15 AM
    • Closest rooms to beach/pool

Maui Nov 12, 2015 at 4:51 PM

what resorts have rooms closest to beach/pool and do any have outdoor showers?

1 Answer Nov 12, 2015 at 8:41 PM
    • interisland flights

Hawaii (State of) Nov 5, 2015 at 8:51 AM

Is Hawaiian Air my only choice for flying from Kuaui to Oahu?

What is a good one way rate?

Thanks

5 Answers Nov 6, 2015 at 11:24 AM
    • Best way to get around while visiting Honolulu

Honolulu Oct 27, 2015 at 12:09 PM

We will be visiting Honolulu on a Saturday via Cruise and would like to explore the island. What would be our best way to go, Uber, rental car, taxi, etc., We just want to be on our own and cruise around?? Thanks for any help :))

10 Answers Jan 19, 2016 at 7:24 AM